Let's discuss WIPEOUT

Let's discuss WIPEOUT.

youtube.com/watch?v=yNXopiH70WU

Attached: 614C4SF4EPL.jpg (500x495, 71K)

Have fun with no grip, nerd

2048 best Wipeout, Auricom Prototype cutest ship

Attached: benjamin-louis-extreme-g-grimace[1].jpg (1600x900, 216K)

Been playing a lot of Redout lately

Attached: c019f27588aab54ded2cc95d18e1b7fb34fd191a.jpg (616x353, 34K)

rate my wife

Attached: d21zp5-fb52a39e-8d6f-4071-8e54-cdf06ee927d1.jpg (300x300, 32K)

is there anything better than this at 144fps?

Three
Two
One
GOOO!

OK, serious question. What would you recommend to play? Lately (by that, I mean in the last few years), the only futuristic game I play is Fast Rmx, but online is dead. Is Grip good?

I've heard good things about Grip, but I wouldn't expect any active online community on anything.

still play pulse from time to time on my psp go. only bad games in the series are fusion and pure desu

Got any tips for a struggling n00b?
I mostly have a hard time with cornering and airbraking without loosing too much speed.

Fuck.

Observe how the ai takes pin needle turns, they do this kinda scooping movement before going into the turns. Also using the passive ability that makes handling better can help a lot on certain maps.

>mfw will never be a reboot to wipeout and ex g at the same time
>mfw no racing game that has both the bikes and the hoverships racing simultaneously
>mfw they'll never be equal but different, like MKWii but balanced

Eh ignore population, these games are made for time trials singleplayer.

BallisticNG

BallisticNG, it's amazing
try out ballisticNG the community is great

feels bad to be the only Arialfag on Yea Forums

Attached: Auricom_Pilot.jpg (1525x858, 794K)

ooooo there's vr support. I've been playing Redout for hours in vr. Buying this literally right now.

a dead-end discussion, honestly

Attached: 2014-06-20-170811.jpg (960x544, 166K)

fuck off with your shilling

anyone else excited for Pacer? it looks pretty good

No? Formula Fusion was shit, changing its name to Pacer isn't going to make it any better

>BallisticNG, it's amazing
I am a fucking idiot. I completely forgot about that game. Thank you for reminding me, user.
Would be nice if you can compare your times with other players. Might as well give it a try, even if mp is dead.

honestly i want more games that nailed the Y2K aesthetic like this game did, doesnt matter what genre really

they said they have an entirely new physics engine. i never played formula fusion though, what was so bad about it?

I know, when this game was popular I was obsessed with acid techno and anything cyberpunky. My mom would go to the record shop and buy me loads of acid techno.

Ballistics (2001), if you haven't played it

Also, plenty of hd titles, many have interesting elements, neither feel like a complete experience with spit and polish of a Wipeout title:
Redout
GRIP
Distance
Pacer (formerly, Formula Fusion)

You can also play Fast Racing Neo on a WiiU emulator - not free from bugs, but the gameplay is fun

Attached: 2014-07-11-170531.jpg (960x544, 157K)

>Would be nice if you can compare your times with other players. Might as well give it a try, even if mp is dead.
Shit, that part was supposed to be aimed at I'm sorry, anons. I am sober today, which is why I make so many mistakes. Ah. Time to go off.

Wipeout 3 is what people meme about

Physics, tracks and music:
Wipeout XL > Wipeout 3

It feels like shit to play and the entire thing was a bait and switch
They claimed to be ex wipeout devs, apparently they'd only worked on Fusion (the worst one)
They claimed it would be a spiritual successor to Wipeout, then went on to say "Its our own take on an AG racer". It sucks

>Pacer (formerly, Formula Fusion)
Wait, they changed the name?

Yeah, cos they know people dislike the game so want another chance to trick people

yes, because fuck you gib me money for a patch

I'm not and shut your mouth idiot, i'm recommanding a great game to people interested in these. it's literally the closest thing we have to Wipeout right now.
i don't know why but i can't get into redout, to me the ships feel too weightless and there's too much going on with lighting and post processing fx that i can't read the track. Oh well i guess i do know why then.

Not *

I completely turn down the graphics for this reason. It's actually not too hard to read the tracks path. The only major complaint I have is the stupid tubes they put on some maps. It's absolutely fuckin annoying to navigate them.

I beat 2048 and Wipeout HD from Omega Collection. Saving Fury for a later date I guess

maybe there could be a way to add a shader to everything to make it less of an eyesore. i completely moved to ballisticNG anyway, i like it more. They really nailed it, when you zone out to an acid techno or jungle tune and your brain goes into automatic speed mode.. best feeling i've had in a racing game for ages

Both of those I didn't have any fun with. It got too easy and got rid of the early 2000's techno aesthetic. The one on PSP though is pretty good.

I like wipeout
I like how you can rocket towards a wall do a 180 and then rocket away
it's always so fun and then when you go flying through the air so high the camera following you can't keep up and the music was great

Attached: DSCF4282.jpg (800x1067, 551K)

Ye just bought ballistic, I'll try it out later tonight.

you're in for a great time

Anons, what do you like the most in futuristic racing games? Speed, sending your opponents in air with projectiles, or sharp turns that require practice? I assume the answer will be ''all 3, you fucking moron'', but is one just little more fun than the other? Or do you like something else, not mentioned in this post? I'm just curious.

I never really liked the pickups in these games. I tend to focus on mastering tracks and beating my own times. I played the fuck out of Ridge Racer Type 4 every day for a year once.

When it comes to Wipeout I like 90s electronic music, the feeling of flight and smooth cornering the most, and I like the often crazy narrow tracks that you won't get realistic racers. Weapons I can take or leave and speed isn't very important (high apm, carry over from one action to another, timing and precision requirements are more important), it's that smoothness that I love. That said it does suck how there is no fine speed control required outside of air brakes and how little interaction there is between ships outside of the weapons.

Great track design, Music (mostly 2k techno and d&b), and ship controls. All reasons why redout isn't doing it for me

I like that they are there and that you can disable them easily or play time trials. Makes the games more dynamic and fun when playing with others even if it can get more bullshit than Mario Kart

Pure isn't bad shut up nigger

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of RR, but for some reason I like tracks in their games. It's hard to explain. Maybe because of those buildings in the background lol

arian is the better twin

where did you get this? Is it offical art? I thought wipeout didn't have pilots and story in the games only in concept art.

>Pipe Down starts playing

Attached: 1556633476950.jpg (2944x794, 366K)

pure was a sterile, safe, and bland launch title for the psp. i would rather play 64 than that game

Bought the jap version of XL for the cover art and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Attached: IMG_3990.jpg (2448x2818, 1.64M)

nicu

The handling is actually good though with a good amount of bounce, air brakes that function as brakes and wall grinding that fucks you up. Much prefer it over Pulse which is infinite grip and air brake spam : the game

>split the elegant, multipurpose air brakes from Wipeout 1-3 into two different systems (air brakes and slides) with overlapping inputs and less depth
>remove a simple boost system that had different uses and replace it with weapon absorbing and obnoxious rolling

What the FUCK were they thinking with these new games?

Attached: 5358124-l.jpg (479x600, 92K)

>rehashing HD and 2048 instead of giving us a remake of the PS1 games
I know why they did it but it's still disappointing

Even if they had remade the old games they would just use the same mechanics I'm pretty sure