HOLY BASED

Attached: XhLS3Kz.png (924x800, 524K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cL0roSDy_pU
youtube.com/watch?v=eGvS7LGAWkU
youtube.com/watch?v=AtjzxHtj-90
youtube.com/watch?v=F-hGdtw2sSU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't want to play the dbz saga for the millionth time. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i hope it ends at cell, that's where DB should've ended in the first place.

Attached: end.png (400x359, 77K)

Why would I play this when I can hook up my PS2 and replay Tenkaichi 2 for the best video game telling of Z's story?

If the base game ends at Cell but they add DLC for the Majin Buu would you not be tempted?

OH MY GOD THEY'RE LETTING YOU PLAY AS DRAGONBALL CHARACTERS IN A DRAGONBALL VIDEO GAME
NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE

Not him but I sure as fuck would not be tempted. Majin Poo should never have existed, he's literally just a low effort rehash.

I LOVE IT

Game should end at Frieza/ Garlic Jr.
Sequel should be Dragon Ball Z: Trunks

Game starts with the history trunks.
Go to the past and completely body frieza.
Android saga.
Broly.
Hatchiyack.
Fight cell.
Go back to future smash the androids and cell.
Travel back to past fight tein in a tournement.
Fight bojacks henchmen.

Trunks should've killed present timeline Cell, Gohan got a good moment but it didn't feel nearly as personal as it should've.
He's the reason Cell was able to get back, his father being a dickhead was the reason Cell got to Perfect form, he's from the same future as a version of Future Trunks, there's probably some shit I'm forgetting, but they connect more.

When will they make a game that goes through DB all the way up to Super?

Dragon Ball Z: Trunks would still be the best game in the series if they split it into three games. I imagine the movies will be like side story DLC. In which case all the movies with Trunks are Kino.

>unironically wanting anime filler
my sides

Attached: Goku laugh.jpg (640x480, 66K)

Filler is still apart of the classic run of the anime... If I wanted a manga i'd read the fucking book.
Pikkon is filler and based as hell.

>not wanting it
In a video game, it'd make for pretty good side quests. Otherwise you'd jump right from plot beat to plot beat, with the side stuff just being shit either written for the game, or stuff like fishing.

what a thrilling reveal.
how about a true innovation, like a good Dragonball game for once?

I wish theyd do it where time is always flowing, so the game never stops and you have X amount of time to train and do other rpg stuff before the next saga starts.
That way its the same canon arcs but you have influence over what moves and experiences the characters acquired, which could drastically alter the outcome of each arc.

Wait, haven’t we only seen nothing but Namek Saga so far? What makes you all think we are getting Cell saga?

user the games based on the anime...
Devs have explained this... Go read your manga else where.

No Yamcha no buy

Attached: 1563178265261m.jpg (1024x779, 151K)

I imagine it will likely only cover up to the Frieza saga. I can see Bardock Father of Goku being apart of it tho.
I imagine movies 1-6 being DLC, and getting the Garlic Jr. Saga free for buying the seasons pass.
Thats a lot of content to cover. Especially if they decide to explore Goku's time on Yardrat and do a Soba side quest or something.

DB - Weebs
DBZ - Chads

>Not wanting more content in a vidya game because 'muh canon' and 'muh manga'
Yikes Bulma, you're not really dating Vegeta are you? He tried killing all of us!

It's time. He's in.

Attached: PirateRobot..png (635x891, 514K)

Attached: if-you-see-this-image-while-scrolling-the-first-page-47210845.png (500x514, 106K)

He's not yours anymore, old man.

Attached: oolong.gif (129x80, 110K)

I'd much rather have the game go through the whole story rather than stop in the middle. Maybe you can just turn your game off after you beat Cell?

>same vanilla story where goku is the hero always instead of a "what if yamcha/piccolo/gohan stopped jobbing?
>same shitty battle system as xenoverse instead of a kino rpg system like attack of the saiyans for ds
>literally who developing this game

Ever since Super came out saying z kind of has a different meaning. Might as well just call it Dragon Ball and have it encompass the whole franchise.

The entire story is really fucking long especially if they do the snake way, gohans training in the wilds, vegeta looking for goku in space, the travel to namek. Etc.

s-source?

Why can't it be a Dragon Ball Super RPG game starting with Battle of the Gods and ending on TOP or Broly? FPBP We'll never get Super season 2.

>DB is shit
>Super is shit
>Xenoverse is shit
>Heroes is shit
>GT was shit but got better due to Super, but still technically shit despite Omega Shenron being pretty based.

thanks dear chairman xi jinping

All of that is filler

Fuck Dragon Ball Super, its gay. I mean its cool for what it is, but let us Boomers have our classic anime game. You guys have Xeno, Heroes, and whatever fanfic Fighterz added.

They're making an adventure RPG, so why does it look like it plays like an arena fighter? Could they really not figure out some other sort of combat system?

The game is based on the anime... The anime has filler... What the fuck is your point?

It would be long but it should be long. The devs have all of the story content already. It shouldn't really be too hard.

And as far as long when playing the game that's good too. The longer the better. If it's boring then I can just turn the game off like with the story of Fighterz

top boomer

We already have 100 classic Dragon Ball Z games. I've played through the Saiyan Saga and Frieza Saga something like 20 times now.

thanks ...........

Attached: image.jpg (892x892, 341K)

FighterZ is a Z game, hence the name.
Heroes is Japan only. I don't care for it.
Xenoverse is a Z game with Super DLC.

I just want a Super game that starts the characters at the end of Z so there wouldn't be so many clones of Goku and buff weaker characters like Krillin. Adult Gohan, Roshi and 17 at TOP levels would be cool too.

It's made by the same guy as Piccolo dick, he has about 10 pics of Vegeta getting raped.

Who the fuck asked for more Dragon Ball

DB > DBZ > Arale Spinoff > DBZ post-cell > DBGT > the movies > yu yu hakusho > naruto > DB "Super"

Attached: 1481576946245.gif (386x253, 2.93M)

All these years and just now I know there was a sequel for daily dose

Well if this one goes in-depth like none other has... It could be the definitive Classic Z game. Which I hope it is and just doesnt do a major battle to major battle plot.

piccolo dosing vegeta made sense, but did oolong ever interact with Vegita?

too out of character imho

Doesn't matter. Adaptations or sequels never acknowledge filler.

You should not be changing my dose...

>and whatever fanfic Fighterz added.
i like how Frieza is tsundere towards you on his path, too bad its all platonic

Fighterz is a Z game.... But it has super characters.... And Gt... Also it has new characters like 21... Fuck that.
DBZ: Kakarot is a love song to the classic Z anime fans.

its an entire RPG
it needs to dip for extra content from somewhere

FighterZ has multiple Super characters.

Zemasu, Goku Black, Hit.

And while it is technically Z because of the movies I'd still consider Super Saiyan Blue and Beerus to be from Super. And then the version of Android 17 is from super in this game.

>>>DB is shit
>>Super is shit
>>Xenoverse is shit
yes

>>Heroes is shit
no

Attached: ikdCEl7.jpg (493x720, 408K)

its implied by the demos that you will get lots of filler missions, you even have the Frankenstein dude from OG DB give you one mission

Dragon Ball Z was an improvement from the games itself.
Super will be the same but in 60fps and better animation.

Literally every game has had filler.
The fuck are you talking about.
You ever play as Pikkon nigga?
You ever see Gregory that never existed in the manga? Movies aint canon but theyre all up in every game.
Shiiieeet.

what if oolong used shapeshifting to be the doc this entire time?

SOURCE

Attached: 82015dd3dcbe86bb33a9ddee007079379c780f8d.jpg (300x300, 49K)

Surprisingly, none of them even show up in story mode. Not even SSB. Super shouldn't be overpriced DLC. It has enough content to be it's own game.

badendxxx

How old were you when you watched original Dragon Ball? How is that the so good for people?

I don't know, maybe it's because I can't stand it in Japanese because the audio is so trash. I'd give it a 6.

I meant more of Android 21.
But golden frieza... Fake and gay.
Frieza not voiced by Linda Young is cringe too.

Frieza voiced by Linda Young sounds fucking retarded.

I mean SSJ4 Gohan is cool, but like most of the other stuff theyve cranked out is puke.

the lore behind that meme is more complex than we thought initially

He's Eighter.
He's Android 8.

Heroes should've been a full "What If" scenario BT fighting game. Card games are boring.

Ayers Freeza is so much better you're just being contrary for the sake of it

>Actually caring about what's Canon in Dragonball at this point.

Dude, just accept that it's all part of it. No point in picking and choosing at this point because Toriyama will just retcon it in or out anyways.

thanks doc

>Shit zoomer's say

>How is that the so good for people?
DB was more like the first two arcs in DBZ, techniques and tactics actually mattered more than powerlevel, there was also more team work and chemistry between the characters

DBZ went downhill way to fast and it quickly became "that cool laser beams show!"

The manga is all you need for canon continuity. Hopefully this game follows the same.

I was kinda hoping it was going to be like Super Saiya Densetsu but without all card shit. That game did a lot of things right for being so old that none of the later games ever picked up on.

But like the gimmick for this game is it's an open world and has detailed cutscenes and it's got faithful recreations of the anime? Doesn't really seem to have much of a mechanical hook. Why is anyone even interested in it? They showed up goku flying through hoops, that's like video game shorthand for "our game is trash".

Zoomer.

Dragon Ball Z: Trunks has been my pipe dream sequel for this, end this game with Goku dying of a heart attack and the final level you play as Piccolo in the fight where everyones killed by the Androids. DBZ:T could follow History of Trunks, Cell Saga, and Future Trunks killing Cell. Also with multiple playable characters you could use Gohan in his important moments in the Cell Games.

Its based on the anime.
The devs have already established this.
The anime is canon to the anime.
The manga is canon to the manga.
Theyre two different continuities.

is bulma showing her boobs and vageegee canon in the manga?

Woah........based..............................4 playable characters..?! No way!!!

The Playable characters in DBZ:T would be much more fleshed out and have their best moves by this point. This was the core of the series before Saiyans completely took over... Piccolo and Tien did work on the Androids and the whole crew came out against cell and his Jrs.

Except Broly retconned all of anime Super and follows the manga entirely. The anime means jackshit, but ask Yea Forums if you don't believe me. Most of the TOP filler didn't happen and the games will follow the manga like always.

Can we all agree that Fusions was the best game and just move on?

Like DBZ Densetsu on the ds, its likely you unlock Vegeta after the Saiyan Saga.

No one cares about Super except zoomers. Its a nice little fanfic in boomers eyes.
Now go outside and play while the adults discuss the kino dragon ball of yesteryears.

Hence Vegeta God form appearing, perfected Super Saiyan Blue, and no Kaioken Blue appearing because it's retconned.

Not a fanfic like GT if Toriyama wrote it. We all enjoyed Super and hated some parts. But same for Z too, biased boomer.

That's going to be hard when we've got games like Super Saiyan Densetsu and Attack of the Saiyans.

Also the Xenoverse games already did the "lets recreate classic battles from the show" thing just a few years ago, albeit with the dumb create a character butting their head into everything. So this is all well trodden ground.

Attached: FPFriezaPunchedBySSGoku(DBNP).jpg (1280x720, 342K)

>Muh canon muh filler
Shut the fuck up you cringey little faggot.
The anime was based and so was the filler. Piccolo going to driving school and Goku crushing fags in hell with Pikkon was fucking sick. If you dont want that in a video game... I dont know what to tell you.

it has new story stuff

Z had moments where they were supposed to work as a team but they are all too stubborn but that's neat too. They all kind of have their part. Even up to the end when the need Hercule

Where's based robo pussy slayer Krillin?

Attached: b6c3c086-add9-4646-a158-9fcd7d233b7a.png (852x1136, 1.9M)

Go rewatch dbz and tell me just how much of the show is actually in the games. Not much. Hopefully this game serves its intended purpose.

it's an open world action RPG not a fighting game

Name one game that has Piccolo going to driving school.

Exactly, nobody cares to even code that filler.

Technically "canon" is an original run by an author without a break in continuity.
The very nature of Super being made decades later... Well if you wanna consider it "canon" go ahead.
The only true "canon" is the original run of the manga.
Super has its own continuity... I like to think the classic anime has its own continuity as well.

>Jobbers
Yes based indeed

You exposed yourself.
Opinion not valid.

>Can't even retort with an answer
Case Dismissed.

Yeah no shit, they offically refused to comment on multiple player characters but the footage made it quite fucking clear there would be

It should have ended at Namek, the Cell arc was shit

The devs have explained in interviews the game is based on the classic anime. Your point it moot, devs are recognizing the stupid retcons and super gay shit. At least read up on the game before shit posting... Christ.

what's the point if they'll force you to play as goku for the boss fights?

jobbers will be jobbers

You dont even play dbz video games.
Theres no meaningful discussion to be had.

An director coming back to make a movie sequel would still make it canon. Example: Space Jam 2.
The Super manga is still run by Toriyama himself. So yeah, it's very canon to me.

>Still no DBZ game with Piccolo learning to drive
>Nuh uh you don't play the games
Lmao. I played more than enough to know your filler doesn't exist and is too stupid to include in a game anyway.

>RPG with 4 characters
>Krillin, Tien and Yamcha not playable
I can understand Tien and Yamcha not being fully playable since they die before Namek, but what's the excuse for Krillin? On a side note, I hope they don't retcon Yajirobe from the Vegeta fight like Xenoverse did, was the fat bastard's shining moment and they took it away from him

Attached: 1472061751268.png (466x361, 263K)

>Vegeta going super saiyan for the first time.
>Ripping hands off of fat man.
>Being absolute sick cunt.
>First ever big bang attack
>First ever final flash.
>Everyones jacked as fuck from ultra saiyan.
>Trunks.... The best chad in the series only exists in this arc.
>Yamcha gets fisted.
>Mecha frieza getting bodied.
>Tien tribeaming cell.
>Piccolo vs 17.
>Super saiyan 2 Gohan
The fuck its the best

You mean to tell me the 4 main characters of the Saiyan sage are PLAYABLE. HOLY SHIT GOTYAY

Google betrays you user.

What the fuck are you on about? Android Saga was shit. Cell's was dope.

Attached: 1558478405573.jpg (546x520, 68K)

Not that user, but you got owned. The Garlic Jr. saga should've been in Z games, but nobody remembers it.

>wanting less content
What even goes through your heads?

Attached: 1560199582990.jpg (387x461, 24K)

A Nazi armband rly toriyama? Fucking sick of the japanese not letting go of their axis past

This.

Less content, means quality control. Nobody wants to do errands that stretch gameplay time or required side missions and grinding. Too much content can make a good game a slogfest.

This nigga is serious. No, fuck trunks, especially future trunks. You want a sequel? Vegeta and Nappa. If not then just Vegeta.
First... immortality... Then.... the bitches

Attached: 1563306083213m.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

thanks doc

Don't you mean (you), piccolofag?

Yeah man i really want them to recreate that scene where Krillin is laying on the ground commenting on the fight you're watching, that's the stuff all the other games missed. Or how about those random Interludes to Bulma on Namek, Roshi watching aerobics videos on his TV or whatever housework Chi Chi is doing while everyone else is off fighting, those are the scene of true soul that never made it into the games before.

Did you not play Attack of the Saiyans? They even got Gohan's robot buddy in there.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x393, 48K)

it was better than frieza arc

android 17, 18 etc are better than dodorioan and the other fags and ginyu just felt like filler

They all do the exact same moves so that doesn't sound difficult to add

legacy of goku games cover majority of the show

17 and 18 were boring compared to Zarbon, Dodoria, and Ginyu. Literal monsters working under the most powerful foe in the universe at the time. Even Recoome was more threatening then two teenagers.

It went to shit after Piccolo vs 17 and even before that it was a big step down from Namek. Final Flash, Tien and super saiyan 2 are the only good moments after it.

Attached: gohan-dramaticexported00002317still001-1516054042642.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

You assume gameplay will be toppest tier. Its going to be the worst bastardization of BT3/RB2/and Shippuden.

zarbon dodoria and ginyu are the least threatening and most boring "villains" ever in dbz
they posed no threat and there were no real stakes against them because they felt like filler

the androids actually felt like a threat and still are capable of being one

android 18 could kill the ginyus with a fart

haha what if she did though

Attached: FriezaFirstFormWTF.png (640x480, 273K)

What thefuck is Recoome? A space human?

>You assume gameplay will be toppest tier.
I didn't assume anything about the gameplay.

Old need a newer game with better graphics

Coming close to killing Gohan, Vegeta, and Krillin before Goku kicked the shit out of them was one the best parts of Namek Saga. The stakes were high, Vegeta was killing villains left and right. It was kino.
The android were two kids who killed for fun and Goku could've tore them new assholes if he wasn't dying. From there, it was them being idiots waiting to get absorbed and being useless as soon as 1st form Cell came in the picture. Funny how these kids are more powerful than Mecha Frieza, but cower to Cell in an instant and was never relevant again in Z after.

Nope its the best.
All the best movies had Trunks in them too.
Super 13.
Broly.
Bojack.
Oh and the original plan to eradicate the saiyans.

... yes ,he is.

>Goku vs Cell not good
>Goku Instant Kamehameha not good
>Goku powering up at Korin's tower not good
>USSJ Trunks getting btfo not good

Shit taste

Attached: 1546019784499.png (645x729, 74K)

Short answer: Perfect Cell was the best Z villain. In design, personality, and cool powers.

A space chad

Attached: 1562712250534.jpg (636x1013, 64K)

Heat Dome Attack on cell

Regardless, its what everyone should be expecting.

Why didn't 17 and 18 double team on Cell when he appeared? They could've used 16 and Piccolo to tag team and kick his ass too.

That time when Vegeta got slapped by Trunks and ended up floating in the ocean... He had never felt prouder as a father as he layed there floating... But he also had to beat his ass. Bitter sweet moment for Vegeta.

Because Cell has the nasty Solar Flare.

Of course they where forced to add other playable character. Nobody want to lay in bed and wait goku to heal after Vegeta arc. And nobody wants to train Goku in repetetive levels as he goes to namek. Then dont forget that goku goes to sleep after the ginew fight on namek.

Android 18 getting absorbed.
slurp

Attached: daf4ywx-635f539f-3ef5-4b62-aff2-856c3b7b0010.png (640x480, 263K)

Earth is home to the most powerful beings in the universe. It makes perfect sense a scientist on Earth would make enhanced humans and biological beings. Its esentially Lex Luther type shit.

>>Goku Instant Kamehameha not good
That's shit because it led to the plot hole of Cells nucleus being stored in his head and yet Cell regenerates anyway

No ribrianne no buy.

Attached: D7Gd2UmVUAA2-B7.jpg (1080x1080, 179K)

Trunks is DEADWEIGHT. Trunks is literal shit tier filler. Id rather watch them all gather for another meal than trunks ever getting involved. They needed a cool edgy sword user to save the franchise, Vegeta's son was the only one that could play that role.

Freiza's army also had quite a few human looking soldier's, So one of the planets in Freiza's empire must be full of jacked up human-lookalikes, DBS even shows Ribriannes race as basically being Humans too.

Cell blows up his entire body and regenerates.
I guess Goku's kamehameha didnt kill the core. Just like his own selfdestruct didnt.

His core can likely move on its own.

>there are people on this thread that haven't played db fusions, a.k.a. the best db game ever made
Heh

Attached: 327238469857.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

At least he got Mai in Super...

He was impressed, not by his son, by the man he just fought. Future Trunks is not recognized by Vegeta until Cell puts a beam through him. Like Frieza to Vegeta before then.

It is the tipping point of the fight, as Vegeta commits 100% after this. Gohan too would be dead had Vegeta not stepped in.

Cell needing the organic matter of 17 and 18 was an asspull. A bigger one was that 18 was spit out and Cell "remembered" his perfect form from almost dying, instead of just regenerating immediately AFTER he spat out 18.
Bullshit headcanons everywhere.

>Bodies frieza
>Burning Attack crazy hands.
>Fucks friezas dad
>Random a super saiyan.
>Heat dome on cell was amazing in free the future and when he killed 17&18 in the future.
>Stage 2 & 3 trunks was fucking juiced and yolked.
>He died to cell, pretty cool.
>Total alpha chad in bojack unbound.
>Fought Broly too.

The gameplay got repetitive fast but I liked the flavor text for the rando party members and ex fusions
>Yamcha and Vegeta's EX Fusion form. Vegeta wasn't too happy about this, but they work surprisingly well together as a confident, mature warrior.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (248x396, 35K)

Trunks wasn't kino again until the Zamasu saga, but by then it was too late. He could've stayed long enough to be in the Tournament of Power, but the writers decided to ditch him.

Attached: WVW69kFSe808N5EkjT.jpg (400x240, 66K)

Does he though? I dont think Bulma will give him up that easily. Also, Trunks getting involved AGAIN put the multiverse at such great risk, God had to literally erase his timeline.

Cell needing the organic matter of Dr. Gero's strongest organic creations... Doesnt seem like an ass pull.

Zoomer fanfic.
No one cares.

OH MY GOD I GET TO PLAY THE NAMEKIAN PINOCCHIO IN A DRAGONBALL GAME FUUUCK THIS NEVER EXISTED BEFORE YEEEES

Attached: (´・ω・`) .jpg (500x500, 56K)

Tori never explained it.

Nobody was talking to (you).

How in the fuck are people hyped for this? It's the same shit, different day.

>could've used Trunks' timeline being destroyed as an excuse to keep him in the main cast
>nope have fun living somewhere in multiverse lol bye

Attached: 1498175614621.jpg (300x440, 37K)

Its not really headcanon.
Cell's head is blown up twice.
Once by goku once by himself.
He regenerated both times.
The only explanation is the cell/ core didnt die.

Couldn't he just build Perfect Cell from the get go then? Or just scrap the 17 and 18 project and feed them to Cell one time.

This

Yes how convenient. Mecha Frieza and Cold show up and get nothin personal'd by trunks immediately. That happened on purpose.
The only important thing he did was get BTFO by Cell.
The coolest thing he did was Rage, but even that was not close to enough power. He held back against his father and cell and krollin calls him on it.

Yeah, I agree with you that it can get repetitive, but the setting makes up for it. Most anime games simply retell the main story, so it's good to see something like Fusions having its own plot. Plus, the fanservice was really nice.

Attached: 393827487.png (462x461, 94K)

It had to grow.
Remember the cell they fight is from the future.
The cell in their timeline is a fetus in a basement.

I really wanted Trunks to achieve something beyond Super Saiyan Rage or at least unlock God mode. He should've came back from Super Broly along with Gohan. How did nobody even pick up on that fight is beyond me.

Should have ended at Frieza with Goku being the legendary supersand. Fuck everyone becoming one to the point of literal toddlers being super saiyans. Shit was cringe

Good riddance *spit*
Maybe the real trunks can develop now.

You clearly didnt watch this as a child.

Considering 17 and 18 were still alive inside Cell, they might've acted like batteries which would explain why Gero couldn't just feed him their bodies. That's just me bullshitting a reason though.

>more z shit

I sleep

Attached: Giran-1-.png (640x480, 288K)

You gotta be a fan of classics.
Dbsuper is essentially the last jedi of dragon.
I keep it classic please.
Good to see love for the classics in a new age era. Doesnt happen often.

Personal attack no rebuttal, no reason. Much like the character you defend. I assure you. Ive seen the show, read the manga.

Kid Trunks will forever be garbage and grew up to be GT Trunks. He'll never make gains, he'll never be good. Just fusion jobbing as usual.

Picking apart the story of a kids show.
Buddy like... Frieza and Buu saga had their issues too. So like how does your point hold water

thanks doc

This and . Trunks younger years were boring and had him as Goten's powerup. Future Trunks is the best, but he does have some flaws.

Sorry for your shit taste.
You never fapped to 18 as a kid and it really shows.

Eh, I'll accept that. Cell's biology and relationship was too weird. Almost pokeball physics for storing them and the transformation is as questionable as Super Buu turning into Kid Buu instead of Evil Buu.

You got it wrong, Goten is Trunk's power up

>Masturbating to Dragon Ball porn
Cringe.

Absolutely based

Attached: Para Para Brothers.webm (480x360, 1.25M)

Goten takes the lead between the two. And he was the stronger one who had to power down to make the fusion. Knowing Toriyama's favorites, Goten was made for the Kid Goku fans and use Trunks like a tool every time they show'd up.

That sound awesome so it will never be implemented

Im exclaiming my dislike for a particular character. Even gave him credit on a few things.
It is totally my opinion.
Bitches just jealous of my super saiyan swagger.

Attached: 1561746999314.jpg (400x236, 21K)

Dragonball Z: Not Just Kakkarot

BASED

Attached: dr.peach.png (1381x1192, 903K)

Clearly doesnt remember the 90's internet porn era.
>All sites paid require credit card.
>Napster had some.
>Red Shoe Diaries on show case to catch a titty late at night.
Buddy i'd fap to a fucking pair of basketballs in my driveway by squinting at them funny.
Rough times. Not like we got unmonitred internt access as a kid either

>not bulma in her.... take your pick, age. Or Videl at any point. Not to mention blondie.
To think, Yamcha almost touched him some teenage titties.

Youre like a bitch with no tongue.
You aint got taste.

what is the other pill? sonic?

Attached: ........jpg (680x680, 85K)

Based Boomer fap

thanks doc

Attached: 1561153877448.jpg (1200x945, 260K)

>Xenoverse is shit meanwhile Heroes is good

The fuck?

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg (600x512, 26K)

Because i dont like Future Trunks!? HAH!
But please go on about your least favorite character... shit.... you cant. You cant even stay on topic!

Attached: 1560470765705.jpg (564x477, 45K)

>Not like we got unmonitred internt access as a kid either
Speak for yourself bro, I had a computer in my room since before I could walk. I was an "accident" and my room childhood room was previously my dad's office but 'dad's computer' eventually became 'dad's old computer' and from there quickly became 'my computer' and dad relocated to the garage which he transformed into an office. By the time I was in elementary school I was on the internet pretty much every day, I got porn off BBS along with my Doom wads and shareware games. Dad was into computers, but whenever I wanted anything computer related it wasn't hard to convince my dad, he'd be like "ah, you've got the bug too". So I've been jerking off since 1993. But back then you had to download the image based entirely on the filename and hope it was what you were looking for. Also like more than half of it was Asian women, because Asian women were super popular back then for whatever reason, and I don't mean JAVs like you see now it was Western porn of Asian women so none of that mosaic shit. Also most of it was just nudes with very few images actually featuring any penetration outside the odd toy. Also very little pussy, most images were topless, or standing bottomless so you didn't see anything, like 1 in 100 actually showed a closeup of genitalia, that and anything featuring penetration was what I termed "the good shit" and I'd store them on floppy discs because these were mostly 256-color non-animated gifs around 100kb in size.

They should have based it on Super. I love Namek but we already have 400 games about it.

>we already have 400 games
list 'em

I'd like to see the cutscenes from Super recreated in 3D. Xenoverse and FighterZ did a great job with recreating some scenes, it should have the RPG treatment too.
A wikipedia search will do. And no there isn't 400 DBZ games. Stop being so sensitive.

FUCKING THIS. Like christ, come up with a new story completely. Its always the same shit.

Oh so you were full of shit, good for admitting it faggot.

Can we just finally fucking have a "What if" game where the Buu Saga actually had Gohan as a protagonist?
For fuck's sake I don't wanna play Toriyama's fuckup for the Buu Saga for the fifteenth million time.
(Cell Saga and the others are okay tho)

Attached: Chadhan with Videl.png (331x294, 128K)

He isn't the same user retarded

Buu would've ended with Fat Buu being torn apart when he first fought SS3 Goku. Blame Toriyama by making an iconic powerup, the answer to SS2, the most disappointing thing in Z ever.

Just ignore him. I can recognize his shitposts from his syntax alone.

I don't think you need to come up with a new story the scenario is fine I'd just want a more gamified version of it where you systematize the Dragon Ball rule set into a game.

Super Saiyan Legend actually tried this a bit back on the SNES. In that game it was like an RPG but if a character fell in combat they were "dead" and you could wish them back at certain points in the story, but like no one had to die and you could have Tien and Yamcha fighting Freeza. I think the only character you'd get a Game Over for dying was Gohan, everyone else including Goku and Vegeta could die and the game would just keep going. Choatsu always has his suicide attack but you could save it for anyone you didn't need to waste it on Nappa where it does no damage. Also the game used Power levels and if your power level was like 5x the enemy's power level they'd do no damage to you and vice versa your character would just taunt them when they attacked and it did nothing. Oh when like when Guru would unlock your power you'd actually get a higher power level, it was a fun game that made you feel like you were playing DBZ more than any other DBZ game I've ever played because it got those DBZ rules on death and power functions right. The game itself was this really shitty card based RPG thing that sucked but it still felt way more DBZ than literally any other DBZ game.

It should've ended with Ultimate Gohan beating Super Buu. Plain and simple, the entire arc was building up to Gohan gaining his potential
If it had ended with Fat Buu being destroyed it would've been too anti-climactic. Kid Buu was a disappointment, so I say it should've ended with Super Buu vs Ultimate Gohan. It just felt right, Gohan pretty much lost Videl on Earth to Buu, so it feels right he should've had the right to beat him, whereas Goku just did it because of the Save the World obligation. Whereas Gohan and Buu had something personal going on between the two.

Really Buu as an idea wasn't bad, but his final form should've been something more demonic like Janemba and most of the arc dragged on for too long.
Also it should've been Maijin Piccolo instead of Maijin Vegeta. We could've had King Piccolo back, Vegeta's arc was pretty much a repeat of his Android Saga arc but eviler.

Attached: Gohan and Buu stare-off.jpg (400x300, 16K)

Thanks, doc

SS3 and his transformation was the peak and at the same time the fall of the Buu saga. Seeing him job to fat Buu and lose didn't make Buu seem stronger or threatening at all. That should've came at the finale when they were fighting Kid Buu (or even Super Gotenks Buu)

I get that Ultimate Gohan could've fought and defeated Super Buu, but then you had Super Vegito kicking ass and could've ended it at that point too.
Maybe if Gohan fought in SS2 and then gained SS3 without the drawbacks instead, then it would've been a much more interesting finale.

But that's my opinion, I wasn't a fan of ultimate gohan's transformation.

Piccolo needing two power-ups to keep up with the saiyans make sense. But teach Vegeta and the Z fighters instant transmission, including Gohan too.

GT will always be shittier.

I feel a cooler idea would've been to have Gohan fight Buu and Goku fight some other threat, that way we could still have Goku SSJ3 and Vegito. I am thinking Dabura could've played the role as the other threat (obviously with more powerups and transformations to make him a legitimate threat to SSJ3 Goku), he was such a missed potential villain as the King of Hell, plus it works because Goku was in the afterlife and that idea could be played around with. Plus we could still have both Maijin Vegeta and Maijin Piccolo works too so they could both serve as foil to the respective characters. Buu could act as the threat to the real world whilst Dabura as the threat of the afterlife, because Goku lives in the afterlife, he'd have to protect that and Gohan would protect the real world. That way you could have two stories going on at once. I feel that could've been the best way to approach the arc without making it into the spotlight mess that it is now.

>I wasn't a fan of ultimate gohan's transformation.
His transformation was shite, but the sheer power and showdown he did was fucking hype.

This

Attached: Chadhan.gif (500x283, 165K)

If they let Dabura powerup, he'd be ripping off Garlic Jr. with that kind of transformation. But that's a coolest idea I've read so far. I wish the Buu saga used Dabura (the guy who explodes heads from words) as his own seperate villain and Buu was just his dog off leash.
Just removed Gotenks and the training for the fusion dance scenes entirely and it's Namek tier.

yes good goy games are made by artists and passionate people

Nah

this is just gonna be legacy of goku 3D. i dont get the hype. where the fuck is advanced adventure 3D? bamco you fucking hacks!

>goy
Back to /pol/

Attached: D_Wvk0GU0AEOCV9.jpg (882x497, 113K)

I misspelled guy you fucking racist

Of course you did you fucking nINGEN

Attached: .nnnigggg.jpg (665x628, 41K)

It was fine up until The Cell Games. Then it became retreaded shit, though it wasn't an entirely unwelcome callback to older Dragon Ball story arcs.

Buu was worse in pretty much every way (and also dragged on way, way too long), though seeing Goku and Vegeta properly work together in a sort of friendly manner for the first time was cool.

Saiyan Saga + Namek was easily the best part of Z. Super, for as much shit as it gets, is largely better than Cell or Buu by a fair margin, outside of that first tournament. Even the filler episodes between sagas is usually very entertaining.

Super gets crapped on just like GT for the animation. But the story was solid and Golden Frieza, Hit, Zamasu, and Jiren were memorable fun villains. It was hype watching Super with friends to the very finale.

>Hercules being the savior in Buu Saga
>SS3 being shit
>Ultimate Gohan being shit
>Gotenks is shit
>Kid Buu existing
>Z Fighters sitting out the sidelines the entire time
>Buu having no endgame.
They should've made Buu a movie villain and make OG Broly the next villain after Cell. Ending with Vegito killing him.

Zamasu was pretty much the highlight of Super. He was genuinely a pretty memorable antagonist, both him and his Goku Black self.
Found that everything after that fell flat. They make a tourney arc where they try to emphasize the risk that losing poses but I never got any sense of danger from that as much as I did from say the original Frieza arc. And Jiren literally had one schtick, that he's physically the strongest antagonist. Everything else from his backstory to what he actually does to how he looks just felt bland. Like you might as well have made a big robot that has no personality and no ambitions but is designed to be the strongest ever machine and just flicked the 'On' button.

G
A
L
O

Attached: 1306360091305.gif (320x240, 1.14M)

>But the story was solid
No, first two arcs were a rehash of the movie ones with worse quality, U6 arc was bad until Hit, Zamasu arc was good until the end and ToP was a mess until the end.
>Golden Frieza, Hit, Zamasu, and Jiren were memorable fun villains
Maybe only Zamasu, Hit and Jiren were not pure evil.

I personally thought Jiren's simple personality was a breath of fresh air. They tried to give him a sad backstory, but the focus on Goku meeting a guy who trained just as hard, if not even harder than him was a fun idea. Complex villains weren't needed when the TOP arc was all about non-stop action.

I watched the movies and then watched Super at the beginning of the Champa arc. Like Z, some things are a hit and miss, I enjoyed Z better. But Super wasn't that bad either.

The entirety of dbz is filler

>ToP was a mess until the end.
ToP was the only great Super arc because they brought back Ultimate Gohan, Tien, Roshi, and 17 into the spotlight. That alone deserves the watch instead of Goku&Vegita for 100 episodes.

And also Android 18 kicking ass.

Sounds actually cool desu

Attached: 1188851720055.jpg (480x360, 97K)

Pretty much. Linda is the true freiza

basment

based retard

>Super 13
>Even remotely good
Let me guess, you watch the movies with the nu-metal soundtracks too?

There would have to be or the game would be almost entirely original content because Goku is almost always out of commission.

>Krillin and Yamcha show up to Goku's funeral just wearing whatever
at least we can be sure Goku would have done the same

Cause toriyama is a shitty writer

Anything after the Saiyan arc is a fucking mess. Namek has a lot of salvageable elements (hiding the DBalls, teaming up w/Vegeta, alliances shifting constantly), but it's held back by some really dumb shit (mostly everything after Goku arrives).
Everything after that is the series spinning wheels.

buu is a movie villian he's called jenemba though

>it turns out that you can get different endings/story lines depending on which character you level the most
>Goku route is the default "ending" that follows the plot line of the original series
>you can make a timeline where Gohan didn't become a huge fucking disappointment and actually kept training and took full advantage of his potential
>as well as a timeline where Piccolo became the strongest somehow and DOSED all of the villains
>and a timeline where Vegeta actually surpasses Goku for real and becomes the hero of Earth and strongest Saiyan

Then I snap back from reality and realize that it'll just be a lame railroad down the story line of the original series that we've played a thousand times with no real chance for deviation and forced Goku fights for all the final villain battles regardless of anything else you did.

Just because it has then fighting, doesn't save it for being one of the worst tournament arcs in Anime.

Based. I'm gonna remember that and just watch it after the Cell Saga instead.

Dragon Ball Z wasn't even the best in all of anime to begin with. Neon Genesis Evangelion or Studio Ghibli movies are much more famous for a reason.

of all the things about the buu arc the best parts all involved hercule and hercule being the one to save the world twice was better than any new transformation could ever be.

it sucks that gohan got gimped, but him getting another power up and btfo of buu would have been a lazy retread of cell

>Look at me brag about how shit my porn was back in my day
LMAO loser

You wanna know why there are so many 30ish year old fucking gross perverts on the inernet?(Not like us upstanding 30 year old perverts on Yea Forums who just like girls with penises)
this scene right here, that's why.

>what is: just about every dragon ball z game ever

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 40K)

But he has a sword... He's cool...

Attached: 1554523643959.jpg (680x536, 79K)

I wish we had just had the tournament instead.

is the saiyan saga the KANTOOOO of DBZ

Attached: 1475013643979.png (1280x341, 49K)

No

>History of Trunks
>Filler
Point at him and laugh. You could've used Super Saiyan Bardock but you ruined it.

GT was a sequel, and it acknowledged filler.

thanks doc

Not really. NOBODY is excited for more of the saiyan saga, and the dragon ball fanbase doesn't have endless nintensoi normies to film themselves getting overly excited about things because they know what those things are.

>make action adventure RPG
>use Z instead of kid goku adventures
why even bother

No, that would be everything Frieza.

HEY GUYS 'MEMBER FRIEZA? HE'S GOLDEN NOW.

HEY GUYS LET'S REVIVE HIM FOR A THIRD TIME.

HEY GUYS FRIEZA IS EVIL AND HAS BROLY TOO.

Fuck that.

>Cooler shows up
Even Pan can handle him

History of Trunks was a TV special, though. The events in the manga don't line up with the anime, as Trunks is already a Super Saiyan by the time it starts, and there's a shit ton of content in the anime that flat-out don't happen in the manga.
Retard.

If you kept Vegeta alive against Frieza and went Super Saiyan in the fight, then Vegeta would also go Super Saiyan and become the true final boss.

OWIE OUCH IT HURTS

Attached: 1561151704864.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

>kid goku adventures
what would the structure of that game even be? What would you even do? Kid Goku just followed people around and then went off and killed an army and then king piccolo. Everything else was just him training under Roshi or Kami, or just training by wandering around Ryu style. How can you turn that in to a game?

I do, especially when there's stuff being retconned and retold by daddy toriyama himself

Although the changes will probably be retarded, I'm still excited to see what they are.

why would you be excited for changes from the man who's literally forgotten entire characters

So that means TV specials like "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!" isn't canon then? Gotcha. You outted yourself.

>CyberConnect2
Holy fuck I'm sick of them! Didn't they just make that last naruto flop? God it's gotta be hard to fuck up these games with such a diverse cast of characters.

Frieza would've death saucered him because Namek Vegeta was a dumbass.

You're asking me how to turn a kid wandering around looking for something while beating guys up into a game?

It was a pretty damn fine game, I have Gambarion makes a sequel eventually.

Attached: I AM THE FUCKING STRONG.jpg (400x240, 81K)

Frieza then:
>I'm the Tyrant of my empire, i don't have mercy and i have no problem genociding races, i desire immortality.
Frieza now:
>I'm the leader of what i have left of my empire, i'm more chill and while i want to have my revenge against those that humuliated me i don't want to torture them anymore, i also don't want immortality but just want to be taller that's all, and i spared Broly despite being a Saiyan.

With a fuckton less liberties than you'd have to take turning Goku not wandering around at all, just training and fighting, into an adventure RPG.

Would you?

Attached: Finn SDBH.jpg (686x700, 51K)

Frieza should've stayed dead and then get revived at the ToP. Ubb should've replaced his movie and fight Goku.

It depends on what 'canon' means to you. I'm not a manga-only guy, I pick and choose my head-canon (TV specials > manga events), but you said Trunks TV special isn't filler, when the majority of the run time is padding out the manga events/inserting new events.
Like I say, I'm not a manga canon fag, and I dunno what I outed myself as, but you are a retard.

*Uub

>headcanon fag
>chooses your canon
>but....this is MY canon, retard
uh huh, stopped reading right there

Frieza then:

I can rule the universe myself, I have no humility and I have never even come close to being beat. I want immortality because then I can continue never being beaten and rule the entire universe

Frieza now:

All I want is to surpass those who have previously beaten me, I've learnt that domination isn't fun if there's no challenge to overcome. I also now know Saiyans have insane potential so I'll manipulate these two Saiyans I found to work for me in order to help defeat the obstacles in my path.

I like the RPG aspect, but did it really have to be another DBZ retelling? Wouldn't a DB RPG from Pilaf to King Piccolo make more sense?

Attached: 20190529181752_1.jpg (1280x720, 194K)

Everyone has a head-canon at this point, some people keep going with the manga, some people consider the Super anime canon, some people stop at EoZ, some people include DB/Z anime filler that they like.
My point wasn't about what's canon,it was about events being expanded on in the Trunks special (some of it contradicting the manga) but you're a bit too much of a brainlet to see that, it seems.

Because the changes will either be fucking amazing or hilariously bad, it's a win/win

With actual proper battle mechanics that would basically be the definitive DB game for me

Attached: 1550373179977.jpg (498x336, 34K)

Maybe stop using buzzwords and learn what canon means. You sound retarded dude. Ask Yea Forums for the canon, there's a picture that appears in every thread listing the events in order from Toriyama himself.

Buu was a return to DB roots which I actually enjoyed. Up til Tori caved to fan pressure and brought back goku

>No playable Krillin or Tien
I AM SAD

Oh look it's another dragon ball z game telling the same story again for the how many time now?

So about 10 episodes plus Videl getting beat up if you don't include the Saiyaman filler episodes.

>Ask Yea Forums for the canon
>I'm the retard
Toriyama forgets half the shit he writes constantly and he isn't interested in specific events as fans are, they care about the nebulous term 'canon' fan more than he does. At this point if you even care about what other people consider to be canon you are doing yourself a disservice and are stopping yourself from enjoying the expansive amount of Dragon Ball content that improves the story (huge chunks of Saiyan arc filler, Bardock's TV special, the majority of Dragon Ball filler).

Nigga are you trying to compare DBZ to Evangailion?

Why doesnt he git gud and form one of Ki? Black was absolutely not the first to do this. I wouldnt have a problem with the sword if trunks actually used it in conjunction with ki, i.e he overloads the sword with ki, causing the next swing to explode on contact.

accurate

youtu.be/cL0roSDy_pU
someone really took a look at dragonball z and went "you know what's missing? boring empty overworlds and farming resources"

Attached: 1521333120331.jpg (750x864, 178K)

fucking spics get out

Problem with buu arc cause they're a bunch of different plans to kill buu and non of them ending up with goku taking the win

>No Trunks

Fuck off.

Which Gogeta was better: Original version or Super version?

>Dragonball: uZumaki Chronicles

Can’t wait for this inevitable 5.6/10

I'm only getting it if they have good what if scenarios with more effort than a splash screen and a fight

Here is your sequel.

Attached: ningened.png (612x3008, 1.26M)

>Piccolo
Day 1 purchase

3 bad games then you get a really good game
I'm okay with it

its a RPG you idiot
we need side stories
if they dont have a side story where you learn to drive cars i will be pissed

Would you a GoD?

Attached: Da GoDs.jpg (556x741, 424K)

helles yes

why is it even called kakarot? why does toei love wanking goku so much?

That's some boring vanilla shit, try again.

Attached: Would You a GoD II.png (741x597, 30K)

dragon ball is about goku life

we follow him from the childhood to the moment he becomes a imortal wizzard dragon

>ESL babble

may i ask you something?
are you american?

I'm surprised none of the Z warriors is secretly a super rapist.
With those powers you could travel around the world and rape a lot and get away with it.

Attached: 1399416-bueno.jpg (904x573, 244K)

Fair, then remove the Dabura powerup and just make him the main villain. And yeah remove the Gotenks stuff too, it's just thriller. And yeah, thanks, I agree. I just hope someone would make some kind of what-if scenario or manga, I wouldn't even mind if they stole my idea, I just wanna see it actually happen.

> but him getting another power up and btfo of buu would have been a lazy retread of cell
To be fair, that's literally every DBZ arc now. Toriyama stopped actually implementing strategy since the Frieza saga. It's just been bigger numbers and powerups. Plus Buu Saga with Goku's spirit bomb was just a retread of every other usage of the spirit bomb.

However, I do agree that maybe Gohan should do more THAN just BTFO Buu with the powerup. Maybe he does initially and Buu BTFO's him back and turns into his final form, thus Gohan would need to improvise. Maybe it would go back to the strategy and martial art element from the early arcs. But then again, this is Toriyama we're talking about, if he actually implemented the idea I suggested in this post he'd just be doing the same retread as I mentioned before. Goku defeats Dabura with spirit bomb and/or Vegito powerup and Gohan defeats Buu with Ultimate powerup or super Kamehameha thingy. That's just Toriyama now, it can't be changed unless you hire some editor to keep him in line.

I kinda agree a nice comfy tournament arc to end the series would've been perfect. Cell did feel like the endgame villain, so why not just end it with a tournament with a martial artist villain? I feel you're right in that regard

Attached: Chadhan.jpg (640x492, 47K)

You forgot that he is apparently okay with being a second Trunks in a pocket universe that is a past timeline that isn't even his, Mai too
Considering how rushed Whis sent him away I wouldn't be surprised if his VA wasn't avaiable or something, Trunks is always top 5 in the popularity polls and #1 for fujo's it makes zero sense

thanks doc

Based.

Are the Devs going to lovingly render Bulma and Marron (Krillin's Filler Girlfriend from the Garlic Jr Saga)

Toriyama's first editor was pretty upfront about Goku being a boring character, and Dragonball needing a solid ensemble to carry the franchise.

>Arale Spinoff
>spinoff

Attached: 1456937095046.gif (500x383, 998K)

The Cell Arc was shit because Toriyama's editors thought the Androids were lame villains, and Cells Second form was stupid looking.

It's thankfully just up through the Namek saga so maybe they'll actually be able to pace the game well even if we've seen this shit a dozen times.

That's because Japan loves Dragonball right up to the Namek Saga, where Goku becomes a Super Saiyan.

Ending at Namek or Cell instead of Buu does not mean less content, retard. They can pace the game however they like or have it act as a highlight reel like over half the fucking DB games out there.

thx doc

His old editor that he was still friends with was calling him on the phone when he read the new chapters after they'd already came out and talking shit about every new thing.
>wtf an old man and a fatass? Fix this shit!
>now it's just some kids? That's not threatening enough!
His actual editor is the one that said 2nd form Cell looked stupid and that caused that little part of the story to be rushed and full of retardation. Everything else is on Toriyama for letting his friend get in his head and make him second guess things at the last minute. Cell would've never happened at all and maybe the Androids saga would've actually been about the Androids and not be full of a bunch of shit.

How are they going to translate the Z warriors losing in Cell and Buu Arcs onto a video game?

What in the literal fuck is this SS4 Gohan

Super Buu is the most fun villain shut up

Attached: buu hurry up.jpg (347x347, 192K)

SS4 Gohan makes too much sense to me. It's him finally gaining control over his Great Ape power and channeling it to a tangible form.

Dragon Ball Heroes is the the official reunion of DB what ifs.

Attached: broly-ssj4-carta-japonesa-super-dragon-ball-heroes-sh6-acp6-D_NQ_NP_669520-MLM29097060665_012019-F.j (899x1200, 254K)

sword swings are a bitch to animate aparently, ask bleach.

This unironically.

Attached: 1488843886560.png (570x464, 353K)

Its just crazy fanfic at this point but that's totally fine

What the fuck is Dragon Ball Heroes?!? How long has it been a thing

Attached: 1476538545711.png (364x390, 117K)

The Cell Arc is shit because it was an inferior version of World Strongest.

yeah and because of toriyama editors we got the buu saga

The Buu Saga was based of his third editor being hands off and fat as shit.

Why does Broly look so good with any form? He's the only dragonball villain that seems to take his role as Goku's rival seriously.

How does old Broly work in heroes now we have new Broly?

It's an arcade card game, it's been going on for almost 10 years, it also has adapted releases for 3ds (japan only) and the latest one was released on switch and pc in the west.

Attached: pbs26a.jpg (345x500, 217K)

They are the same character, but with different fashions. Toriyama just removed the part where he got stabbed by King Vegeta, and hates Goku for the crying.

An invincible flying rapist would not stay a secret for very long, and then it would just be awkward because all the most powerful people on Earth are part of Goku's social circle.

The same way it will work in FighterZ I guess? As his own different character.

FighterZ managed to revert Old Broly back to his original personality. He's pretty articulate, sarcastic, and wants to best Goku. The only new addition are that he's afraid of Super Saiyan God Goku because.

Crazy how so many people forget that Broly wasn't just a screaming retard in the first movie. I guess the 2nd one is more memorable but it doesn't do Broly's character justice at all.

People are too retarded to understand that 2nd movie was over the top to match the Buu Saga, and the animators compensated by giving Broly facial expressions to communicate his actions. That scene where he toys with Videl is a perfect example.

Go home Pedro.

I am happy we get to play as other characters but why call it Kakarot at all? Unless maybe we only play as them for a short section and not much in the open world.

I have wanted a more rpg like story since playing the SNES game and LoG games, but I am still unsold on this since it is too much of a fighter not enough of an rpg. Who am I kidding I will probably eventually get this.

An user with taste. I don't understand why so many americans loved Gohan so they force themselves to like the cell saga. I was in middle school during the cell saga in America and I still didn't like Gohan, always been a Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Piccolo fan over whiny preachy Gohan. The best Gohan was the slice of life arc at the beginning of Buu saga.

Gohan went to shit quickly in the Buu saga is why he brought back Goku. Had nothing to do with fan pressure Toryiama doesn't like Gohan which is why he abandoned him fairly quickly every time he tried to make him the lead.

Hell the manga was like what 5 chapters before Goku came back for a day. No way fan pressure could have mounted that quickly especially in the 90's before social media.

OMG GOHAN IN DRAGON BALL Z WHAT A SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

>Gohan too would be dead had Vegeta not stepped in.

Gohan would have never gotten injured if not for Vegeta's stupidity of attacking Cell half-cocked, after literally gifting Cell Android 18 to become Perfect in the first place.

Vegetafags are fucking delusional enough to give Vegeta credit for a situation he created.

This game felt like it could have gotten away with it before they showed off that the gameplay is just goku flying around 80% of the time

Untrue, because of Toriyama's first two editors we got Cell and all of the iconic moments of DBZ including SSJ.
This. The third editor was very casual, unlike the strictness of the first two editors. The first two editors actually understood storytelling and characterisation, the third editor just kinda sat there and said "yeah whatever, you're the guy that makes a lot of money here, so do whatever you want".
You can thank the third editor for doing the opposite of the first and second editor for the reason why the Buu Saga exists.

Kakarot is just DBZ Sagas all over again

Attached: 1.jpg (186x266, 26K)

sagas was developed by americans

The Dragon Ball and DBZ universe would be great for some kind of expanded universe RPG not about Saiyans or the main story of Goku and his niggas.

So was I.

Shhhh

this game is looking super comfy

I'd prefer a real pvp fighting game but it's clear that they don't know how to make those so this is the next best

Legacy of Goku 3D?

based retarded cunt

Attached: 1559199351065.gif (2952x3047, 1.76M)

its pretty much confirmed to end at frieza

Fucking this

someone hasnt played db adventure

they said on e3 they going beyond freeza

Attached: Prince of all Cucks.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Attached: 1543801243215.jpg (500x750, 48K)

Why though?

No, that would be Z.

Attached: 1500227218906.jpg (1980x1721, 744K)

She was buying time

Bills is not an american thing though

>Fasha
What exactly was wrong with Seripa/Selipa? Not commercial enough?
Same with Paikuhan to Pikkon. What? too long?

He's in

Attached: imagine the smell.gif (400x300, 390K)

>Vegeta gave his life for this slut

Did they ever explain why Goku uses a furry buttplug to fish?

>>Vegeta gave his life for this slut

In other words, Yamcha did nothing wrong by dropping this roastie.

Funi being Funi, just like Freeza's native language being spoken before he fights Goku.

>Aight, whaddup guys? It's ya boi ps360hd2-
Why did this make me laugh so hard?

Attached: 1535487559620.gif (400x273, 477K)

The dubbing companies didn't understand that all the Full Saiyan names are vegetable puns at the time. Seripa is an anagram of the Romanization of the word Parsley(Paseri in Japanese). That was probably way harder for them to understand let alone localize than the other more obvious ones. They instead just gave her a cool name they thought up on the spot because she's a background character with 2 lines that dies a couple minutes into the special and is never seen again.

As for Paikuhan again it was another food pun that the Americans didn't fully understand, it means Pork rice or something. They did understand that it was a food pun and probably assumed it was an Engrish way of saying pecan. So his name just ended up being Pikkon.

Basically, Americans can't into Japanese food puns.

>another z game
Yeah that's gonna be a yikes from me.

>>Hey heres that character you grew up watching
>>Finally steps into the role of main character officially giving you a payoff for al the times they hinted at how special he can be
>>So you a big Gohan fan since you woke up in morning watched DBZ right before High School huh
>>Too bad in Grorius Nippon they grew up watching a psychotic manchild eat a big fish naked and hes going to be the main character again forever even if by the logic of the series he couldnt keep up with a focused Gohan
>>Fuck you fat stupid American

Cell is trash and so is gohan.

Attached: 1559002945385.png (480x128, 5K)

Thanks, doc

>implying trying to get your driver license in the game wouldn't be top tier content

Attached: Cuck in the Franxx.png (550x325, 231K)

Thanks Doc

Why?
Who wants to play as not-Goku?
They should add a child arc instead.

>>Driving episode
>>Killing Dinosaurs
>>Baseball game with Yamcha
>>Fighting Arale

Majin Buu arc is unironically great, only zoomers can't appreciate it.

Attached: 1483886470450.png (286x275, 119K)

>that weird board game

Attached: 1557755588061.png (567x595, 334K)

This game was decent co-op if you played it on not ps2 to have a decent framerate.

To be fair gokus spirit bomb never worked. It's so bad that goku didn't even think of it as an option.

In a way buu had the most strategy in defeating buu since vegeta planned it all out. Goku was just the catalyst and it wouldn't have been possible without mr. satan who had a great redemption arc.

thanks doc

Honestly, they should've done the original Dragon Ball story instead. It's hardly ever used for vidya.

>literally the same fucking story of always again

not falling for this again, at least xenoverse added new stuff this seems the same story but "muh next gen grahics!1"

>b-but retcon

it's not changing anything stop spreading your misinfo.

Attached: rwby.jpg (894x894, 70K)

I'm retarded, that was Budokai 2

Yeah, all five Dragon Ball fans would have loved it and definitely justified the production cost.

O
M
G
GOHAN FROM DRAGON BALL Z
and VEGETA FROM DRAGON BALL Z
.... in A DRAGON BALL Z GAME?
I'M LITERALLY SHACKING THIS NEWS IS OVER 9000

>implying Buu saga wasn't the best in budokai 2 , 3

Thanks, doc!

Is Super the worst thing to ever happen to DB? It has lowered the bar so much that people are actually starting to dickride the Buu Saga and GT just because it's better than what we have now.
It also attracted a whole bunch of Normans and nostalgia bunnies that watched dubbed Z after school when they were 10. Now they think they know what quality is and they either support the soulless post-2015 garbage or beg for the series to go backwards and bring back things from their childhood. There's no saving this franchise now.

Goku will always be in your party. Vegeta, Piccolo, and Gohan will be temp characters switched out and removed at any given time.
This game will only go up to the end of Namek. Then Dragon Ball Z: Gohan will happen and only go to the end of Cell.

The combat looks like shit.

I fuckin loved the Legacy of Goku games.
I hope there's a bunch of side-stuff that wasn't in the anime in here like legacy of goku tried doing too.

Super can be uneven and the Anime has completely diverged into a different universe that doesnt meet the Manga at all anymore but its better than GT by fucking miles

Holy kek

The only decent alternative is giving us an OG dragonball saga

i dunno but after kai and super, this fanbase is irredeemable. i fucking hate all of you.

>hi I'm here to take out your daughter mr. zamasu

Attached: DvUJKOmWkAAOXz3.png (1536x2048, 1.2M)

>this fanbase is irredeemable

This, essentially. Particularly for video games. You fucks buy everything with "DBZ" on the case regardless of how shitty it is, and so they have no incentive to ever make anything good or original. this is why we wound up with more than a decade of every DBZ game being shovelware Tenkaichi style shit.

What do you have against Kai? It has done nothing to anyone except remove the shitty filler and finally get us a decent accurate English dub of Z up to the Cell sagayes, I know they redid Buu but I think it is inferior to the original English dub which was already great.. Besides Battle of Gods, it was the best thing to happen for DB in the 2010's.

It introduced a lot of retards to the fanbase, as if it wasn't bad enough. They should've just done a Kai for OG DB.

DBZ being on Cartoon Network introduced retards to the fan base that still think Kid Buu is his strongest form and that Goku in SJJ3 was stronger than Gohan and Gotenks

yeah i said it was already bad

thanks doc

GT was good until the end of the Baby arc

This. That's when it got great.

Baby is good after he is first born and while they're still in space. The latter half of the Baby arc after he infects Vegeta, is fucking garbage aside from SS4 being introduced; overall it's worse and more poorly written than the Buu saga.

The Dragon Ball search has high highs and the lowest of lows. It was a terrible way to start the series coming off of Z. Super 17/Goku in Hell is barely even an arc and complete garbage.

Shadow Dragons however is fucking kino. The ending and movie are only partially kino though, them somehow managing to have more Goku wank packed in to them than the entire rest of the series holds them back. Despite that, it still ends up being the most redeeming thing about GT.

Super had a good story and shitty animation
GT just had a shitty story and shitty animation

FACT

Attached: prin.png (380x264, 90K)

>combat system even worse than Xenoverse
How did they fuck up this bad?

the END of the series was the best thing that came out of GT

THIS. DBZ:K looks like a glorified Sony movie game. All cutscenes boring repetitive combat controls.

Just remaster Super or GT and stop telling the same story if they don't want to use the superior Budokai Tenkaichi gameplay then.

Xenoverse cell-shaded art was cheap so the gameplay improved. This was not. Hence, and that it may not be a 80 hour RPG or have enough content at all.

Alright, let's settle this once and for all: who was the best Frieza?
youtube.com/watch?v=eGvS7LGAWkU

Namek is overrated trash.

japan

Can't wait to see this rehash struggle to be relevant unlike pic related and X having a massive world to explore. 4 characters and boring gameplay isn't worth $60+season pass

Attached: 51E6ACGQqcL.jpg (356x500, 55K)

>DB is shit
Retard

based

youtube.com/watch?v=AtjzxHtj-90

Are they mandatory? Experiencing the story strictly through a single character’s eyes felt like the main draw for me. I don’t wanna cut away from Snake Way and King Kai (as riveting as they may be) just for Piccolo and Gohan’s training filler adventures. I hope each character’s a separate campaign, with a Trunks DLC maybe. Pinch it off at the Cell Saga and save Buu and Super for the sequel.
>When Frieza says “five minutes left until Namek explodes!” and a timer starts counting down from 5:00
>Universe Survival Tournament is the final mission with an actual 45 minute time limit and all your leveled up characters in play knocking out jobbers left and right.

Attached: 857EA80B-0187-467F-81E0-8FF359775E44.jpg (500x750, 45K)

>>DB is shit
is better than anything that came after it
youtube.com/watch?v=F-hGdtw2sSU

TFS>>>Abridged>>Japan>>>>manga voice when I read him>>>>>>>>>>FUNimation

>everyone replying to this early bait
>only DBZ is good
(you) and everyone who took this seriously is retarded.

these threads are proof Yea Forums does not actually play video games

>WTF WHY ARE WE RETREADING THE MAIN DB PLOT AGAIN

this isn't the problem. In fact, giventhe developer, CC2, and their insane animation skills, this might even be a good thing, to see classic DB and DBZ scenes re-animated with new coregraphy.

The problem is that we've seen ZERO evidence that CC2's infamous over the toip animation skills will be put to use in this title like it was in the Naruto games or Asura's Wrath

in fact, dumping CC2 webms

Attached: asura jet punch.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

Attached: naruto 5 hokage.webm (720x404, 2.96M)

>muh graphics and choreography
Thanks for pre-ordering yet another movie game shill.

GT and Super had bad animation from the beginning. If anyone needed it, it'd be that series. It's not worth it if I can watch it entirely on YouTube and play Xenoverse, BT3, or any other DB game if it's all the same but with even worse gameplay.

You're probably thinking of that old lady they used to have voice him. Funi's current Frieza is great and about as close as you can get to the Japanese. Though TFSwhich by the way is Abridged, they're the same thing might edge him out if he ever did a more serious take than the comedic voice version he does.

I don't want to see DBZ re-animated in 3D. If they want to do that then they should but don't call it a video game. Anyway, we have played through the DBZ story like 15 times now. We were finally starting to get games that gave new stories and now we're back at square fucking one in a game that is likely to be shittier than the PS2 games. But hey at least the graphics are good!!

Animation is litterally all CC2 is good for, if you don't care about that then you might as well not use them as a developer.

>muh gameplay is all that matters

Funny how anybody who goes "visuals and cinematography is all the matters in a movie, fuck writing and acting and anything else" gets rightfully called a retard but this moronic autistic insistence that gameplay is all that matters for vidya is lauded.

Vidya CAN be purely about gameplay, but it can also focus on or emphasis other things as well, there's nothing wrong with that.

And let's be honest, it's not like any prior DBZ game has ever really had good gameplay, either. Even DBFZ by the standards of other competitive fighting games has barely any neutral or defensive play.

DBZ itself looked pretty not great a lot of the time too. Not saying GT and Super didn't often look even worse, mind you.

Attached: asura gut punch.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>I don't want to see DBZ re-animated in 3D. If they want to do that then they should but don't call it a video game
see
That's a needlessly restrictive and binary perspective on enterainment, there's absolute validity in wanting something cinematic but also interactive that's more in between a game and a CG anime. Asura's Wrath does it and it's great.

And, again, 99% of DBZ games are overly cinematic cutscene ladden casualshit arena fighters anyways, if they are gonna do that again they might as well make it animate pretty.

Attached: naruto 12.webm (720x405, 2.7M)

Legacy of Goku series was great because you could tell it was made by fans of the toonami run.
>Falconer ost and title cards
>Fleshed out filler for the sake of content and world building, no shits given about “manga canon”
>heavy SNES JARPG influences, Terranigma especially.
Japan was assblasted forever by the quality of II and III and never licensed out to western devs ever again. SAGAS and Taiketsu probably had a lot more to do with this though.

Attached: CC6518A2-6674-4240-A2BA-2800AE0559FB.jpg (1156x650, 667K)

>>Falconer ost

Attached: bah 2.gif (450x385, 971K)

They won't. Expecting good side quests and stuff to do outside of the main story is a losing battle with anime games.
The only decent content will be the main arcs. Wanting cell or buu arcs to not be added just cos of personal preference is silly.

>Comparing movie logic with the gaming medium
>Vidya CAN be purely about gameplay
Yeah, and when you switch it around, it turns into a movie game. All cutscenes, boring slog gameplay.
>Animation is literally all CC2 is good for
So you want a movie game? Do you really think vidya is an art? Seriously?
>Calling FighterZ bad
>it's not like any prior DBZ game has ever really had good gameplay
>Wanting more of the FighterZ treatment

You absolute autistic retard. There's no point in retelling Z for the 50th time when the ran out of ideas and made Xenoverse for that reason. And DBZ has plenty of great fighting games with great gameplay hence why it works, including Xenoverse which was a step down from BT.
You literally admitted that CC2 excels in animation but not gameplay which is why their games still play LIKE SHIT. Nobody cares for shitty gameplay and great animation. Just make it a fucking movie then.

Buu saga was fun, but it had a lot of obvious problems
>Buu was the only threatening villain, so he kept get form after form to stretch things out
>majin vegeta was a useless powerup
>fusion was useless
>ss3 was useless
>fusion with ss3 was useless
>ultimate gohan was useless
>potara fusion was useless
>it all ends with the spirit bomb instead of literally any of the other things listed above

Why would you want to cut the best moment of Dragon Ball from the game ?

Attached: 54d65qsdq.jpg (864x1296, 281K)

>overly cinematic cutscene ladden casualshit arena fighters
>DBZ itself looked pretty not great a lot of the time too. Not saying GT and Super didn't often look even worse
>not like any prior DBZ game has ever really had good gameplay, either
Asura's Wrath was dogshit, compare that to Xenoblade Chronicles 2, terrible story, awesome gameplay and you'll see why there's a Yea Forums thread everyday instead of Asura or Naruto. Rehash movie games are a waste of budget if you can watch the cutscenes online anyway.

And from the looks of the gameplay, Kakarot is a downgrade. Shill.

>kills himself
>it does nothing
lol

10-year-old arcade game that just recently got localized for Switch and PC.

Attached: 20190418001324_1.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

>no Yamcha
DROPPED

Attached: DBFZ-Yamcha.jpg (750x400, 95K)

>plagiarizes Dokkan art
>somehow makes it look worse
Why do people do this?

Replace Buu saga with Janemba's movie and you saved hours of your life. It's exactly the same, except Janemba was better.

>Japan was assblasted forever by the quality of II and III and never licensed out to western devs ever again
holy shit I never knew that and those were two of my favorite GBA games

Imagine buying a bad game just to watch the cutscenes. Sad.

And Goku acomplished nothing when he turned into Super Saiyan on Namek, since Freeza survided and was ultimately killed by Trunks

Doesn't make it any less great.

you yamcha losers need to fuck off, hes a weak bitch who could barely even play baseball

Saiyans were weak bitches who underdog and job to the next villain. That's why Superman kicks both their asses.

>t. Superman

Much as I liked Buu saga, it probably should have ended at Namek. Goku conquered the being that annihilated his people.

yamcha got cucked scrub

>Jobbed to a fucking human with a bat pajama

Attached: tAVlk8L.jpg (1071x899, 103K)

>jobs to a literal ayy

Attached: CHAD.jpg (262x192, 7K)

You think they're gonna allow us to deviate from the main story
>Either Piccolo dies, Gohan dies, or they all die/survive
>everyone(except Piccolo, cuz Namek Saga) can survive the fight against Nappa and make the trip to Namek
>Goku's tail can grow back at any time

>Jobbed to a FUCKING human DRESSED AS A BAT WHEN HE IS ALMOST INVINCIBLE
BASED FUCKING BATMAN

>Either Piccolo dies, Gohan dies, or they all die/survive during the fight against Raditz*

Jobbing to super powerful ayyys with telekinetic powers and whatnot is only natural. It was when they jobbed to some androids made by humans that things got ridiculous.

Would be pretty cool

>all that power and gains after ToP
>Broly never trained or attained SS before
>Noob Broly tears Goku and Vegeta a new asshole that they had to have gay sex to beat him

>Jobbing to two teenagers, an old man, and an incomplete bug.
>Jobbing to a fat bubblegum wad with SS3 and Majin Vegeta

Attached: noob and CHAD.png (750x400, 399K)

>Ayy is so strong, he can overpower time with his raw strength
>Batmeme is just rich

Attached: 1502346316898.gif (800x352, 2.74M)

>BvS posting
Any version of comic book Superman would stomp them without even moving.

Goku loses to an /x/ autist who takes a fight seriously. COPE

>Kakarot would have been the perfect way to cover all of GT in a video game
>Now it'll never happen because super fucked up the timeline

Super should have taken place AFTER GT

Attached: 1520705325451.jpg (655x965, 541K)

>Broly
>Cant kill a female human and two fucking kids
hahahahaahahhahaa Imagine being a brolyfag

Who said OG Broly? Fuck off, Super Broly is his own Chad.

how do people hate super? i mean before the T.O.P. it was kinda boring but once this got started it was one of the beat arcs in DB history

because the whole Super saga filler is tucked in between Boo and Oob, there's is no stakes, we all already know since The Z ending that all out favorite characters end up with living happy lives while Goku molests some kid on nigeria

It needed to be cut down in to a 2-part movie with better animation. Part 1 up to defeating Kefla. Part 2 is defeating Jirin

>there's is no stakes
As long as the franchise features the Dragon Balls it's not going to have any stakes.
Every single saga's ending ends with the Dragon Balls infucking everything.
Even in GT the saga that's about the Dragon Balls going corrupt ends with the dragon balls fixing everything.

Dragon Ball isn't even a serious franchise, it only took itself seriously during the Frieza and Android sagas, and of course, only Amerimutts liked the Android saga.

Uub isn't a black kid dude, he's reincarnated as a cat creature. And the EoZ ending was retconned by Super.
>inb4 GT is canon
It's not. Unless they decide to age up Kid Trunks and bring back Pan instead of Bulla. Then get rid of God mode entirely.

>Title is called Dragon Ball
>Gets mad when Dragon Balls are used
Retard. THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT.

1. Frieza
2. Buu
3. Jiren
4. Baby
5. Cell
6. Shenron
7. Guku black

Who the fuck are you quoting? Nobody is mad about the dragon balls you fucking retard.

I would rather pay the 20 bucks for more xenovese content than buy this shit

Should I watch the sub or dub?

Thanks doc.

Attached: 1563261000891.gif (256x320, 299K)

READ NIGGA READ

Thanks doc

Nobody wants to play as kid goku with minimal energy attacks and a focus on more realistic martial arts.

I'd say the Goku Black saga was solid. The initial tournament and then the universe tournament were awful though. Sucks that the Super anime ended on such an absolute shit arc.

CHADly was going to come back and rape videl once he was done with cuckhan.

Attached: tumblr_mqmpq0rPPf1qc1jg4o1_400.gif (400x225, 1.52M)