youtu.be/NN9HwDzNbuU
youtube.com/watch?v=mgTK2jffviY
youtube.com/watch?v=2oaVV-L3soc
youtube.com/watch?v=YI9MqIuZLmA
youtube.com/watch?v=yehQySj-CY4
youtube.com/watch?v=VA32xd386Sg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

post source or fuck off with your click bait

Hang yourself you dumb fuck, you are actually worse than the op, dumb fucks like you enable this garbage, quit replying to dog shit like this you dumbf fuck, hang yourself

He was leaked by Japanese cookies.

Attached: cookie_leak.jpg (3024x4032, 1.29M)

and also this artwork kinda

Attached: Monster Hunter Poster.jpg (1920x1080, 3.46M)

God I hate Valstrax.

Why? He's cool, albeit jumping the metaphorical shark.

I want Lagiacrus first

>literally everyone is here
>except Lagi, again, just like 4
whelp

He's going to be in it. His model is done. They literally only needed to fix his glitchy moveset. They had a year.

is that blue eyes white dragon

Who’s in the bottom left between Valstrax and Glavenus?

hopefully so, the lack of his cookie is worrying, esp when Gore and Val (with technically a new-ish skeleton) are in

That's gore magala newfriend

Virus boi

Attached: MH4-Gore_Magala_Render_001.png (400x295, 134K)

>albeit jumping the metaphorical shark.
Exactly. The airplane dragon is way too anime for my tastes. He's the sort shit that belongs in Frontier.

Attached: A4A49AC1-2DA4-4D53-91AF-C34CBB957814.png (328x379, 291K)

Does this definitely deconfirm Mizutsune and the rest of the four?

HOLY FUCK
ok, im hyped
can i be a lil bit greedy here?

Attached: Agnaktor.png (1004x783, 1.37M)

Not really. If lagi is somehow in (which he’s not) then they’d have to add another leviathan or two. They’ve stated recently that they’re not adding a skeleton just for a single monster. They have to get some mileage and usage out of the skeleton for it to be added in

Seeing Gore’s icon upside down it didn’t even register in my mind as being the same icon as the Gore cookie in the top left corner.

He’s in bro. Based and Clack-Clackpilled

Glavenus is in.
If Lagi is in, then I wouldn't be surprised at Mizutsune showing up in the coral highlands.
No word on Astalos, but he's just another rath skeleton so he wouldn't be too hard to implement.
No ape skeleton, so no Gammoth, which is a shame, since having Blangonga hanging out at the hotspring would have been pretty neat.

I still cant fucking believe they used the ape skeleton to made Gammoth
its just too surreal

Does Gammoth not use the Popo skeleton?

What makes you think the ape skeleton isn’t in too?

Why is it so hard for them to make new skeletons

they all share the same structure, iirc
way back then they only have 3 set of skeleton: Winged wyvern (Diablos was the prototype), bird wyvern (Kut-ku), and ape (which is re-purposed into herbivores like Popo and the pigs)

So your logic makes zero sense, considering what was in mainline before it.

Attached: frontier.png (1539x1050, 2.55M)

Rigging + anti-clipping, mostly
ie all the winged wyverns (and the modified ones ala Narga) share the same animation "bone-rig", so they can just apply animations on them (and recycle if needed)

He's in

Attached: pinecone.jpg (1597x1345, 568K)

No Blango's at the hotspring. They would have shown that off.

Attached: SnowMonkeys-Japan.jpg (750x500, 92K)

can u stop please

Attached: YokBbTI.png (629x821, 250K)

I wish- also wish the crabs were in World for FOOTBALL

STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY i can only get so hype.

JESUS THE WAIT IS FUCKING KILLING ME
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

the most pushover flagship ever with a crutch G-rank set and OP-ass GS
Perfect

Attached: pine.jpg (400x259, 31K)

Don't need this faggot. He is totally obsolete now that the better pinecone has taken his place forever.

When you retards stop being retarded i will stop posting it. I have no need to post it when people don't babble nonsensical shit.

Tard here, can anyone list all the monsters they see? I can't tell on most...

Monster Hunter had never been realistic. But all those designs still make an attempt at looking somewhat naturalistic. The worst thing in that pic is rajang, and he's at least based on a good anime.

Airplane dragon with prehensile jet-engine wings is on a completely different level.

just the lower box, left to right, downard
>Rathalos
>Narga
>Tigrex
>Zinogre
>Velkana
>Brachidios
>Seregios
>Rathian
>Glavenus
>Gore Magala
>Vafaik
>Kushala Daora
>Nergigante

Thanks user.

Someone else just found the cookies too. Updated Zin icon that got leaked. The new Glav one. Guys. It could be happening. twitter.com/riselisia/status/1150969652803014656?s=21

oh and is Lagiacrus

if you want to be still a skeptic until the next trailer the real thing is
>confirmed there is a base to the /vg/ leak, Zinogre is almost certainly in
>confirmed Velk's icon
>revealed Glavenus's icon
>all the flagships suspiciously have new/touched-up icons, even the Strax icon has small changes

It's literally a gray, slim Gore Magala with wings having a Khezu's neck's properties. How is that "on a completely different level"? And i don't think growing gauntlets is very natural either.

>defending Rajang in any way

Rathalos, Narga, Tigrex, Zinogre, Velkhana, Brachy, Seregios, Glavenus, Gore, Valstrax, Kush, Nerg.
Also Lagi.

>/vg/ leak
What was leaked?

/vg/

guy on /vg/ posted these icons a few days ago
Also there is another thing that could be true, this could all be bullshit and they just printed the monster icons on their own. Cookies wouldn't be hard to do

Attached: 73w54c0.jpg (918x576, 275K)

MY BOI ZINGORE CONFIRMED

there are a few inconsistent things with the cookies
>iirc no mention of Alatreon or Oroshi Kirin when the initial MHW leak that dropped Dodogama, Xeno, Kulve, and Lunastra had them; although things could have changed
>mentions the new final boss is a new Fatalis species, mentions update monsters are going to be Black and White Fatalis but no mention of Crimson

More goons are starting to find the cookies though

nobody gives a shit about crimson, let's be real

The cookies have nothing to do with the fake ass retard making up a leak by claiming it came from 2ch and then never giving a link to the threads. The cookies are separate entirely from that. The icon leak was just the guy posting that picture and then fucking off.

Just started playing Monster Hunter World.
This is my first MH, what am i in for?

a good entrance to the series

Khezu is a big annelid. It makes sense that he would stretch and contract.
Valstrax is a fucking airplane. It is indeed "on a completely different level" for him to stretch and contract in the same fashion as khezu.

A good game, MH4U is still the best MH game tho, MHW would be the best one (once it gets Iceborne) if it didn't had some many fucking flaws and stupid changes which I believe won't be fixed in Iceborne.

I'm pretty sure this "leak" was confirmed fake a few days ago.

These cookies confirm last week's Zinogre leak too, the icon is the same.

And thus, last week's leak confirms the cookies.
Unless Zinogre-kun and cookie-kun are same-kun.

Attached: 1538682035035.gif (200x200, 108K)

It doesn't make sense because Khezu is not an anellid but a flying wyvern. Nothing says it's an anellid so its design doesn't make sense either. So no, it's not "on a completely different level". If heads can do it i don't see why wings couldn't, especially since elder dragons love to defy all rules. You know what is on a different level? Being a living nuke.

And you do know that we also have a creature that helps its immense jumping power by farting too?

>Unless Zinogre-kun and cookie-kun are same-kun.
Or, you kown, literally anyone who saw the zinogre leak, had $50 spare cash, and had enough patience to wait a week for cookies to ship.

YES

Attached: lagi.jpg (2000x2400, 688K)

>It doesn't make sense because Khezu is not an anellid but a flying wyvern.
He's a leech. He's a fucking leech with legs and wings. It doen't matter what the game calls it; that's clearly what informs his design. Your arguments are becoming dangerously disingenuous.

Khezu is basically a cave salamander with some leech-like traits. It has bones, so it's clearly not an actual annelid.

It doesn't matter what you keep calling it: it's a dragon with a leech head. Not a leech. Having a leech head doesn't make you a leech if you have the body of a dragon.

I'm not saying it's an actual, literal annelid. That's not even pertinent to the substance of my argument. I'm saying that it has the properties of an annelid, and it is therefore at least somewhat naturalistic for it to behave like one.

A leech head behaving like a leech is on an entire different level of realism than an airplane wing behaving like a leech, and I'm sticking by that statement.

There's no point without water

WHERE THE FUCK IS KHEZU

An inverterbrate head on a vertebrate body is anything but naturalistic. Not that you have a point either way since you're discussing the realism of FANTASY CREATURES in a franchise where rules are broken constantly.

Also repeating "airplane wing" doesn't make it become true, you know.

Look up

I'm not calling it realistic. I'm calling it more realistic. Not everything exists in a state of absolute dichotomy. While khezu in and of itself is not something that could plausibly be found in nature, it's features are analogous to things which are. While neither broach the threshold of what can be considered realistic, Khezu (along with arguably everything else in mainstream monster hunter) belongs to a different order of realism than something like Valstrax, if simply by virtue of Valstrax being based on a man-made object.

And are you seriously now arguing that Valstrax isn't based on jet plane? I don't believe that you believe that.

It can't be "more realistic" because nothing could feasibly shoot lightning or fire without suffering intense pain. I don't see how "energy tube" being connected to wings instead of the mouth for once is weirder than anything, since it's basically still just expelling air it got in.

Based? Yes. But it's not an airplanet and only the idea of its movement is the thing they share. The method is completely different too, as i see no turbines on it. In the end it's more that it's wings have "working wrists" like a human or a monkey than being actual wings.

I don't understand why you would continue this argument though. Hating it because it's based on a manmade object is fine. Calling it unrealistic is completely fucking retarded, not only because it's this franchise, but because both the last game and 2 generations ago we got literal living mountains that bleed magma.

NEW TRAILER WHEN

>It can't be "more realistic" because nothing could feasibly shoot lightning or fire without suffering intense pain.
>"one thing can not be more realistic than another thing if it doesn't meet the standard of real life"
It's not a dichotomy. I just said that. Do I need to make a chart?

>In the end it's more that it's wings have "working wrists" like a human or a monkey than being actual wings.
They're weird limbs that don't really have any natural analogue.

>I don't understand why you would continue this argument though.
Mostly because you keep continuing it as well.

>Hating it because it's based on a manmade object is fine.
Well at least on some level you get it. I guess I can stop.

>Calling it unrealistic is completely fucking retarded, not only because it's this franchise, but because both the last game and 2 generations ago we got literal living mountains that bleed magma.
Ignoring the fact that volcanoes are found in nature whereas airplanes are not, I'm not a big fan of Miralis or Zora either.

Are you implying that volcanoes bleed or that volcanoes move?

I'm implying that volcanoes are things which exist apart from human artifice.

B but... there're no water .

>unchanged monster icons

September 6th... we are forgotten

Attached: mhw newcomers.jpg (1920x1710, 1.56M)

Nerg was good, the rest can fuck off though.

Nerg, Dog, and Bazel are good. Fuck you.

worldcucks, everybody

You do realize that some animals also use jet propulsion, right? It's not a human invention exclusive.

That is true.
But Valstrax isn't a squid.
He's an airplane.

That's not Nerg Sue.

Attached: 1531221726009.jpg (1452x2856, 3.12M)

He literally looks nothing like an airplane, he's just a fucking dragon with jets.

>implying there ever was rules for how realistic and natural elder dragons should be
It's literally in the definition of elders to have unnatural powers and capacities.

I enjoy arch temper Xeno .

I dropped MHW about two months after release. If I picked it up again, what should I focus on to get ready for Iceborne? Last I remember I was HR 79 farming tempered elders for gems and augments.

Repeating it doesn't make it any less true. Only because it moves like one it doesn't mean it's one. If a dragon can have a leech head, another one can have squid siphons in its wings. And your argument of not being found in nature crumbled down, too.

That one user who 4 years ago hated Malfestio, "because it's literally an existing recolored animal and nothing else" and his argument was spot on, he didn't need to make up any thing or arbitrary rule to explain his dislike.

>nobody gives a shit about crimson
Are you for real?

Valstrax is unironically more grounded of a monster than most elder dragons in the series.

I fucking hate dumb GUsperms. They are latching on to Valstrax like Genwunners to Mewtwo and Charizard and just cannot shut the fuck up about how awesome Valstrax is compared to monsters from previous games. This is right. Valstrax belongs in Frontier / God Eater / JRPGarbage.
>Jet wing arms
>Pivotable jet wing arms
>Pivotable jet wing arms that can shoot bazookas
>Pivotable jet wing arms that can shoot bazookas and stretch out to become lance
>travels at mach speed
>Coldsteel nickname: Argent Comet

Attached: 1562458764308.jpg (681x735, 41K)

Bazel is legitimately one of the better monsters ever made. He's not my favorite, but conceptually, a flying Deviljho that carpet bombs is a great idea. I don't know how fags kept pushing the realism meme with monsters like him around, but then again I think he was a total secret until release. Nerg and AT Xeno are fine fights. Val is such a cool concept but such an easy fight. Odo, Anja, and Legi might be redeemed by their subspecies. The others are either tutorial monsters that always get forgotten or siege monsters that always deserve to be forgotten.

Yeah it really seems kind of pointless without underwater

And yet that is still not as dumb as a literal anime character, or 3U's end boss.

Also "jet wing arms" is completely dumb too, if anything they look like Gore arms with BIG fingers and claws.

Red/White/Black Fatalis when
Ashen/Lao Shan when
Jhen Mohran when
Gogmazios when
Dalamadur but alive when
Yama Tsukami when
Shen Gaoren when
Akantor and Ukanlos when
Monoblos when
Carapaceon when
Chameleos when
Rajang when
Reworked underwater combat when

Valfalk is more like the Flygon to Nerg Sue's Garchomp.

>blah blah belongs in frontier while defending a picture with literal frontier monsters and mechanics
retard

Defend this

Attached: 1534465265539.webm (1280x720, 1.53M)

>m-muh anime...
Opinion automatically discarded

SWITCH WHEN?

>already outsold PS4 in Monster Hunter land
>Announced a fucking handheld in handheld monster hunter land

When? Come on already

He shoots out spikes after hitting the ground.

why does rath have to be fucking everywhere

Probably in 2020 so they don't have to do a gap year and have more time to work on World 2.

Seriously hope not. He's not even logical with the way his body works. MHXX was a mistake.

>Reworked underwater combat when
>Actually wanting underwater combat in ANY capacity

Nigger what are you doing

Attached: 1528374908693.jpg (250x196, 13K)

You've fainted.
Should have avoided that

When Nintendo makes a console with modern hardware

I hope based boy Bazel shows up even in Iceborn to melt down everything with napalm.

You're supposed to stay on the ground and let your OTG invincibility take the hit.
>but people aren't invincible when they're on the ground! that's not fair!
It's a video game with dudes carrying swords twice their size around. OTG invincibility to dodge attacks has been around from the very beginning, learn the rules.

>it belong frontier
>frontier has barely anything that come close to jet wings
Have you forgotten Dire miralis and its mortar wings?

>Rolling into him when he's about to shoot out spikes
Wtf did you expect to happen??

Fucking this. Please keep all MHXX exclusives out of future monhun games. They are cancer and just anime tier

He literally does. And he sounds like one in flight, too.

Yes, but "not bound by natural law" isn't quite the same thing as "based off something manmade".

>squid siphons in its wings
Go watch how a squid moves. It's completely different than a fucking airplane, like Valstrax.

>his argument was spot on, he didn't need to make up any thing or arbitrary rule to explain his dislike.
Alright, how about this; I cant mantain the same sort of suspension of disbelief when I look at Valstrax as I do with most other things in Monster Hunter. Rather than coming across as a mythical primordial beast, like with the other elders, or simply an animal conceived under an alternative set of natural laws, as with the wyverns, elements of Valstrax's design and behavior just make me see it as some bullshit thrown togther in a 3d modeling program. I feel no sense of wonder looking at it. In other words, that shit's far too anime for me, and is the sort of thing that belongs in Frontier.

Attached: maxresdefault3.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

>Red/White/Black Fatalis when
They’ve been showing off a fancy new Fatalis render in Japan with tons of merch, so probably as updates for Iceborne.
>Ashen/Lao Shan when
Probably never, they’re gimmick/siege monsters and those very rarely return, let alone the fact they’ll need to be remade from scratch.
>Jhen Mohran when
Same as above, but he’s even more gimmicky.
>Gogmazios when
Same as above, but he’s less gimmicky so his chances are at least slightly better.
>Dalamadur but alive when
Same as above, he’s a gimmick/siege fight and given how much time and money it took to create Zorah they’re probably not gonna do too many big boys again.
>Yama Tsukami when
Same as above.
>Shen Gaoren when
Same as above.
>Akantor and Ukanlos when
These guys do actually have a good chance, if they don’t make it I’ll be sad.
>Monoblos when
Probably never, he didn’t even make it into Generations or Generations Ultimate despite being almost a clone of Diablos, and those games LOVED filler.
>Carapaceon when
Probably MH6.
>Chameleos when
Hopefully Iceborne.
>Rajang when
Probably MH6.
>Reworked underwater combat when
No idea, though with the added mobility in World I’d like to see them revisit it and not needlessly change weapon move sets this time.

>Roll into attack
>D-DEFEND THIS

Attached: 1311213929779.png (339x338, 28K)

Sweet fifth fleet child.

Attached: bullied.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

He's the Charizard from MH

What does he even have to do with this expansion? Don't tell me there's a white recolor with ice-breath.

The Raths are Pikachu
Zinogre is more like Charizard

Are gunlances fun in world?

it was something new and nice but tribab had to bitch and whine
a proper underwater combat would be amazing

With normal shells very fun, many combos.
Speaking of, did they make wide shells worthwhile yet?

user, if you think that looks anything like an airplane you are simply, figuratively and objectively retarded.

Haha I don't really know XD

Zinogre is the Lucario, in many ways.
Fatalis is Charizard.

The fuck are these 2?

All they had to do was not change weapon movesets imo, most of the underwater movesets weren’t actually bad just boring. The game is already pretty unrealistic in its weapons, don’t try make it slow and jank just because it’s underwater now.

>stabby stabby dragon element thrusters dragon
Awful design. Cool fight. Same with glav. He looked cooler in one of the concept art thingies.

So who is the Zoroark of MH?

I think the Pikachus are the cats.

The fuck are these 2?

Attached: Capture.png (857x438, 977K)

Mizutsune

>Fatalis is Mewtwo
FTFY

>narga
>barioth
>tigrex
sorry khezu niggers, giggi is in

Rajang when?
He could beat Nergigante. Prove me wrong.

Attached: rajang.png (1024x448, 680K)

Oh i see one of them is valstrax only the cooky cant do white.

Attached: MHGU-Valstrax_Icon_2.png (185x179, 28K)

Upside down Gore Magala and a miscoloured Valstrax.

Normal shells are the weakest in World, with your GL being a slapstick with an extra boom at the end of the combo.
Wide is actually the most fluid one with the most combos, but only lvl 4 wide shelling GLs are from KT.
Long GL is just charged shelling spam. 100 guaranteed damage with every hit. It's pretty strong but boring.

No offense but that doesn't make sense. Having volcanic activity as part of a monster makes much more sense than literal jet fuel and jet wings.

I'm not defending Dire Miralis as a fight as he is one of the worst. But from a design perspective is totally logical and acceptable when considering we had Gravios, Crimson Fatalis, Teostra, Kushala, Agnaktor and Uragaan. It's been common across the whole series to have monsters with volcanic activity and/or weather effects. Something from nature. But man-made based bullshit like Gogmazios, Valfalk and Bazel just shits all over the series just so there can be meme monsters. I'd rather they just stick to nature and natural elements as focus. Hell, even as much as I hate the "fated four" of MHXX they actually fit much better than those three I mentioned above... except maybe Glavenus, because he's literally a fucking beyblade.

Virus boi and Jet fighter
Gore and Valstrax

If they gave us Rajang we would probably also get other Apes because they share a skeleton and animations.
So the probability for World is low but not impossible.

Mizutsune for a time was actually popular relative to the MH community's size, though.

Attached: zoroark and lucario.png (1882x282, 71K)

Fun >>> How fast you kill arch Nergi according to Japanese forum rules.

Did you only play MH3 and MHW? Even then you should have met Ivory Lagi. Regular Lagi also showed up on Generations, i'm sure they can come up with something interesting

sad

So is MH:W gonna have the most relevant/fun monsters in the series once Iceborne is out? How are people going to cope with this?

Attached: 307158.jpg (225x350, 34K)

>mishmash of different flying wyvern moves and one unique move and a not so unique gimmick
>one if the best monster ever made
It boggles my mind that people love so much World flying wyverns and yet hate with passion the old ones despite they're barely different in terms of fight aside the 90°turns.

Attached: 590.jpg (640x640, 33K)

>Go watch how a squid moves. It's completely different than a fucking airplane, like Valstrax.
Your picture literally shows how a squid using propulsion moves. I'm a biologist user, please review what you're trying to push on others. A squid will close it's tentacles to reduce drag and then shoot liquid as a propellant to move very quickly over short bursts. Just like how Valstrax folds his wings in and then uses gas as a propellant. Obviously they're not exactly the same, but there's clear similarities. I think the dev team actually took inspiration from squids.

Zoroark was too, and still is. It's just that TPC stopped shilling it because they fucked up early on, so it fell to regular levels of popularity rather than shillmon levels of popularity. The same would probably happen to Lucario if they'd stop shoving that thing down everybody's throats every chance they get.

Attached: 1397989172836.jpg (400x240, 19K)

Paolumu basically being Rathian but with floating every now and then was a real fucking letdown, as is Legiana who brought nothing new to the table. Overall the lion's share of MHW newcomers are just underwhelming in general.

Attached: copperblango.png (270x242, 73K)

Reposting my shitty idea that all flagships get deviants.
>Legend-Eater Nerg stands upright when in rage mode and goes blanco mode. It also does bleed damage.
>Frost Queen Velkhana quite literally freezes the moisture in the area, making it harder to move, making your heat deplete faster, etc.
>Scarlet Meteor Valstrax can move around the area far faster than it's normal version, and on top of that can use Dragonblight far more effectively by firing it while in the air.
>Scourgebeast Gore Magala can sense you better than any other monster once you fall prey to it's frenzy virus, especially if you're trying to run away, where it'll chase you down no matter what.
someone come up with ones for lagiacrus, brachydios, and seregios

Attached: whip it out.png (187x252, 57K)

Zoroark has a pretty cool apparition in BW2
youtube.com/watch?v=Qp02wo28Syo&feature=youtu.be&t=87

>no one posted the trailer this image is from

youtube.com/watch?v=m7wSA1-50DE

I like it too, but it did get JUST'd a fair bit.

I don't think OP means to imply the picture is from MHW.

>much more sense than literal jet fuel and jet wings
Good thing there's no such things considering it just uses dragon element and air shooting out of cavities. Don't know why you even keep calling them "jet wings" considering that 1)they don't look anything like jet wings 2)they are arms

Everyone who likes zinogre is a furry. Prove me wrong.

Gen/GenU Lagi didnt hold a candle to original Lagi, without underwater he is nothing but a shadow of his former self

Attached: j22hiyjoucj11.jpg (1200x1350, 258K)

>what is the thunder bite

how can his fast as fuck flying even work in those small open maps in world?

Do Scales of Justice and find out.

Attached: 2019071613141200-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Most of them are fine, the only ones he couldn’t really fit in are Ancient Forest and Rotten Vale. The other three have plenty of open airspace for him.

World maps have plenty of open areas. Just flag areas as -close- or -open- so that it knows it can use his move. Not that it uses it that much in GU either, anyway.

Is that supposed to be vanilla Rath or the dreadking/queen varients?

>he couldn’t really fit in are Ancient Forest
this is the ONLY map he could fit

Shit, thats what it is.
Compare it to Ivory Lagiacrus thunder charge or those insane electro balls.
Gen/GenU Lagiacrus is an overly bloated mountain of HP that just spams Khezu's thunder barrier.

I hate him, he's a shame on the name of -acrus

Attached: 1560316519789.png (564x437, 248K)

>Even then you should have met Ivory Lagi.
How
I played Tri, P3rd, MH4U, and World, there was no such thing

He’s be fine in the open sections of Wildspire Waste and Elder’s Recess, maybe the upper bits of Coral Highlands too.

>playing both high rank 3
>missed out g rank 3
shameful

>Stormsurge Lagiacrus has much more powerful electricity and can imbue its physical attacks and even its roar with it. It also gains electroreception that causes all electrical projectiles to slightly home in on hunters, which becomes even more potent on hunters that are inflicted with thunderblight.
>Earthbreaker Brachydios gains total control of when and where its slime explodes, allowing it to switch between leaving puddles or instantly exploding as it wishes, or delaying the detonation of its slime for extended periods. One of its most dangerous attacks is spreading massive amounts of slime around and then detonating all of it at once.
>Uglybastard Seregios fucks your wife and makes you watch.

>they disregard his weapons mechanics and give them generic models with parts slapped on

Attached: 1556571068518.jpg (552x530, 166K)

I was pretty sick of 3rd gen after the eternal Rathalos HR grind of Tri and the ridiculous HP pools of solo guild P3rd
Did I miss anything really good from 3U that 4U didn't provide?

They have been really weird with the weapon models shown in IB promo material. Sometimes it's iron/bone and sometimes it's the classic unique design.

being blacked by abyss lagi

I think what’s most likely is the final tier of each weapon is the classic design while every tier below that is iron and bone with some feathers and shit glued on.

>i'm sure they can come up with something interesting
are you? how?

Attached: 1563308511633.jpg (663x511, 56K)

I hope not. He's the worst modern monster. Hes boring to fight, He's predictable as fuck and his design isn't even weeb it's just tacky and childish.

The 3 people on Yea Forums who like this garbage are salty XX fags because their game died and World didn't. That's literally the only reason anyone posts this 0/10 garbage monster.

More like you're the shame on the name of Lagiacrus fans. I don't get how you can complain about GUgiacrus doing that when 3/3U Lagiacrus underwater does NOTHING but the spiral dive and the thunder barrier/double thunder barrier which is also the cheapest move in the series, even including Frontier.

>even including Frontier

Zenith Baruragaru has a bullshit extremely fast roar into AOE, provided it has blood. Fuck that guy.

Attached: delet this.png (894x358, 454K)

Having to fight this fucker... On a G level power... Without Adept / Brave style.
In Iceborne i am boned.

JUST use Lance

Just GP it bro

Attached: quick-morph guardpoint.webm (854x480, 2.97M)

From the video it looks just like a 2 part attack with a certain blindspot. It's still not as cheap as Lagiacrus's water double thunder attack.

this amuses me greatly

I guess it is ample time for me to branch off SnS and Hammer Horns.

super upset
all sloping shit maps, they completely ruined the playstyles of a couple of weapons I liked, gameplay is adjusted to be slow as shit and online is ruined with SoS
but it's still going to get fucking every Flagship

gameplay is factually faster. No monster does the 90 degree turn 2x like MNAY did before, as evidenced by this webm where there's a much faster single smoothly animated 180 turn. Same applies for all wyvern, piscine, screaming, etc monsters.

Attacks animations are 1:1 with old games.
We've yet to see many attacks, as G-rank completes the moveset and all monsters we've seen in the beta were amazing, like Rathalo's new attack and semi-flash immune. There are also many less free openings with nargacuga and tigrex especially, they don't taunt nearly as much.

I love unreasonably butthurt people like you because it's a fact that the entire series is going to be World-based for the next decade, and then the next 2030's reboot will be even more different from the first 4 gens than World is, so you'll never ever like MonHun again. It just makes my enjoyment that much sweeter knowing that.

You feel it too, don't you?

Attached: Big Boss.jpg (1433x806, 608K)

shut the fuck up world is the best

youtu.be/NN9HwDzNbuU

fuckin based

I’m gonna make em give back our unique weapon designs!

any runereaders can explain what the fuck is "NAKED", and why its a anniversary event?

Jesus that's a nice facial structure, you did it yourself or?

It's just some AR(?) VR(?) art exhibition thingy. Pretty much not vidya related.

My ass, underwater Lagiacrus had the side slap, the thunderball, the hip-check, the double bite, etc..., he was far more dynamic and challenging than that borefest of GU, and he still gave you plenty of time to gang up on him, and you could still down him in the present century.

Gen and GU just bloated his HP to astronomical proportions and called it a day, forgive me for the offense towards Lagiacrus of just wanting him to a fun fight again

>Attacks animations are 1:1 with old games
It's good that they're not slower than before, but them being the same speed as before isn't good either considering hunters are now more maneuverable than ever. If anything the monsters should have been sped up a bit to make up for it.

gameplay absolutely is not faster and even in the Iceborne Beta Tigrex seemed slower
even the basic Maccao or Hermitaur moves much faster than anything in World
they don't need to taunt as much because the devs built in moves where you can unbalance monsters with basic attacks for down time, World has a stupid amount of monster downtime

you didn't even address any of my other points either

Tigrex is more unpredicatble in iceborne than he ever was. the charge is a bit slower but the turnaround comes faster.

>gameplay is factually faster
Bullshit, and you know it.
>but muh 90 degree turns!
And it still manages to be slower. Congratulations.

Attached: 1539871803863.webm (800x454, 2.88M)

zinogre is easily one of my favs. i hate furry shit and shitpost against furries on sight. is that good enough?

Yeah I did.

>hunters are now more maneuverable than ever
I dunno, you can dodge backwards now, true, but other than that, I actually felt like some weapon animations are considerably slower than in the previous games. And while monsters might not be faster, they don't have as much downtime as in the previous games. Much less taunts, trips when exhausted and last but not least they don't do the dumb 2x90 degree turn like animatronics which was just free headsnipes.

the weapons have a lot of ani-cancel and movement-related move now like the slides/the new slingshot in IB/...
And bow's moveset is a whole new level of movement creep, holy shit still fun as fuck tho
sometimes i just feel bad for the monsters with how you can just dance around them

Attached: Capture.jpg (1433x806, 487K)

>It's another thread with Nintendo fans sperging over the fact that flagship monsters gets added to MHW
>probably those are the same peoplenow hating monsters like valphalk and gore magala

this is getting tiring, really

Attached: 1554610730171.png (261x522, 246K)

>seemed slower
Yeah in your fucked up butthurt placebo brain.
It's factually ture, attacks are 1:1 with old versions, turn/aim animations are faster, behaviors are improved. Go get yourself an editing program and compare even (say) MHGU's narga with World' narga, match all their attacks on the same start frame, they'll also end in the same frame. Narga also has at least 1 new attack (odogaron's tail flip) and her thrown feathers stay in the ground and make you bleed if you step on them.

>even the basic Maccao or Hermitaur moves much faster than anything in World
Apples to Oragnes. Compare existing monsters to other existing monsters.

>you didn't even address any of my other points either
Because they aren't worth addressing. Slopes are purely subjective, you either like them or don't. SoS is a vastly superior system to waiting in a room for 15 minutes for other hunters to come in, and then cancelling a quest once you started if the 4th member enters the room because he can't join mid-hunt, except once you come back he already left. Rooms were boring shit and completely oudated by the time MH4U came out, even more so for MHGU, due to the sheer monster roster size making 70% of the roster niche and very hard to hunt with randoms without painful doing-nothing-waiting times.

The only people that complain about SOS are autists that played with randoms and wanted to form relashionships in rooms with them (somehow). SoS is better for random play with zero waiting time or inconvenience, and Clans are better to play with friends, you simply log into your clan village whenever you play and you're automatically together with your buds, no need to ever create a room, make passwords, etc.

bing bing 1up

Nice nice.

I'm pretty sure the hunters themselves are also just faster on foot. Maybe that's just the placebo of the small 3DS screen but it does seem like you can cover more ground just by moving.

>bing bing 1up

Attached: 1553615986930.jpg (550x397, 104K)

I'd say the new hunter movement options balance nicely with the usual sluggishness of the weapons in the series and upgraded monster movesets. Except foresight slash.

Good taste senpai.

Sorry, using a Tri webm (worst mon hun to date bar the very first one) was too rich, couldn't pass it up

I've got the opposite impression. But I also felt like monsters move slower, and they themselves are bigger in World. But after watching the animation comparison videos, they do seem to move exactly the same. I think it might just be a trick of perspective, because the camera is closer to your player model in World.

This webm just show that Rathian can continuously charge in different direction much like Tigrex already could already do, while this true that monster don't do 90° turns this doesn't prove that the game's faster than before.

i don't hate them, i just i want new monsters in the new world
is that hard to understand

>worst mon hun to date
That would be World and Gen.

See

Weird way to say best

it's mostly the same speed, tb h. i dont feel any disparity in movement when changing from World to GU and vise versa
well, for "advance" movement options World is REALLY fast with all the sliding and spiderman-ing, but that's beside the point

Irrelevant since the argument was about nothing but about monster speed. The game doesn't matter, you dumb console warrior cock sucker.

>t. Tribab

>biggest source of MH consolewar shitposting finally gets rangebanned
>comsolewar shitposting continues barely a week later
MH community is permanently fucked

>brought nothing new to the table
What the fuck are you even trying to say with these buzzwords?

You clearly haven’t played any first gen games if you unironically believe that.

Maybe if those are the only ones you ever played.

Yeah, paolumu is a forgettable shitter
I still want more new monsters instead of ones i've hunted thousands of times already
Even a potentially bad new monster isn't the millionth narcacuga

I played P3rd and FU.

Hello worldsperm.

because rathalos is THE flagship monster and had the most cover art appearances as well. Ps2 title, grank ps2 title, freedom, and 3u. Not to mention that it is the most recognizable. hell the design is so good that Busta ryhmes had shopped vesrion of it o that year of the dragon album. That was kind of funny.

>Hating on Tri
really? the gen that they decided to improve on the formula and gave us gold like Zinogre, Deviljho, and the Leviathans?
and let's face it, Tri's speed IS something. Barroth was so fucked up they had to slow him down in p3rd/3U

Apart from the one bingpost there's not really any console warring happening, we're back to the good old days of genwars instead.

And to this day his charge recovery looks retarded because of that nerf

I want Tri Barroth and Diablos back.

He has all those moves in Gen and GU too, but by not being in water he actually uses all of them instead of just 2. No shit they bumped its HP, when it wasn't doing the barrier it was just a punchbag in all games.

It's another flying wyvern that both hardly does anything original beyond ice blasts or tries to be a new fight, I came in expecting something of at least Rathalos's level but just got another unremarkable fuckwit people will just flash and rush down on anyway. Hopefully Shrieking Legi isn't a disappointment, let alone the base monster's Master Rank moveset.

the only weapons that truly suffered were the SNS and, well that is just it really. The longsword lost the second OHS but was otherwise the same, the gs was the same if i recall, and when the dual blades and the gun lance put back in, underwater combat with them was at its best

I mean, it's inevitable if Gore gets in MHW, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=mgTK2jffviY

Attached: 1551648512180.png (750x400, 493K)

>World is all about the interaction of monsters and their turf wars
>"muh ecology"
>my boy isnt even in
how to end the suffering?

Attached: toot.png (1050x1050, 477K)

>Zinogre
Not Tri, that was P3rd

And I like change and don't mind devs cutting back on content for that, which is why World is my favorite even though it lags behind 4th gen's non-Grank games (and only 4th gen, matches 2nd gen content, far exceeds 1st and 3rd gen). But Tri simply didn't change enough to justify the complete CULLING of everything. Half the weapon classes? Really? Was that necessary? No GL, Bow, Bowguns butchered, etc. Was the laughably small monster count also necessary?
You know how people laugh at World for no reason? Tri had half the monster count of World (and half the weapon classes as I've already mentioned). And for what? The formula and design decisions in Tri are still 100% the same, I don't even count it as a reboot in the slightest, all that was done was improving the monsters themselves. World on the other hand went through a complete overhaul from the smallest of things to big things. And now IB is one of the most content-rich G-rank titles compared to the previous.

>He has all those moves in Gen and GU too, but by not being in water he actually uses all of them instead of just 2.
What? He uses his entire moveset when underwater. He's only gimped on land, which is the entire point of having the water/land dichotomy for aquatic creatures.

yeah, people speculated its inclusion way back when Nerg was revealed, with how their skeletons are similar and all
And the cookies leak + render pretty much confirmed it

Attached: woobly.gif (540x463, 596K)

>the worst mh
You mean P3rd?

Tri's monsters weren't all reskins of the previous game though. Even the new introduced class had every single one of its monsters except Ludroth being completely different from the other, as did the Brutes.

They'd have to make an entire new area for Shagaru though

>Was the laughably small monster count also necessary?
It was small but almost every single monster felt different to fight, even if they used the same skeleton. This is something that 4 and World lacked.

P3rd is objectively "lesson learned" ver of Tri.

Although now that i think more about it they could just take the base first or second area of Xenojiva and just work on it

The worst thing about World's newcomers is that, they're the perfect boogeymen to use when justifying the lack of new monsters in the future, as the franchise transitions to its LGPE phase.

Zorah, Xeno and Kulve got their own arenas so it’s not unlikely for Shagaru to get one. They could even just reuse Xeno’s arena, say it went there to moult because it sensed a great deal of life energy or some shit there.

Not necessarily. In 4 you already fought Shaggy in Everwood, not just the Sanctuary.

while it is neat that they made the animation more fluid, that pink rathian is in rage yet its charge is slow as shit. The player had plenty of time to avoid the second charge after the dizzy animation. Not only that, it did not run and then do a flip, which is one hell of a thing to deal with if you have a weapon with no shield. it is a slower version of the same monster that was updated in 3u to make it stand out more than its base and golden variant.

What about 3U?

yes i know, that's why i said "gen", not "game"
And Tri added a lot, what are you saying
>New models for older monsters
>2 whole new skeletons in addition of the pitiful 3 of gen 2
>Modified skeletons that are actually modified ala Peco, Snarf and Giginox
>new 3d camera and mechanic. yes, actual 3d camera, not the weird "3 height options" of gen 2
>underwater was iffy, but at least they tried
the culling of weapon and monster roster was unacceptable, yes, but playing Tri back then blew my mind. P3rd was even better with yet another 2 new skeleton (the bears and Zin), but that's beside the point
and reminder that the monhan team back then was tiny, and survived almost solely on the jap + a tiny dedicated playerbase in the west. World was the 1st time they really have an AAA budget, and im happy for that. But disregarding Tri like that is unfair

Yeah i tought about it after the post.

3 Ultimate came out after Portable 3rd, and it was worse than Tri in some ways in the sense that it borrowed the nerfed monsters from Portable 3rd and in the western (USA) release of the game it was made even easier by giving everybody bonus 50 naked defense.

they brought all the stuff they made in P3rd especially all the weapons they left out in Tri but underwater combat is still in.

ivory lagi was was a terrible blight that highlighted how easy water based monsters are to fight on land, so to compensate, they gave ivory shitty AOe attacks that dont do anything to you if you block the first hit. Lag was a complete joke in gen

Tri, improved, with a lot more stuffs basically. and all the weapon back
a great combination of tri and p3rd
also gave us one of the best monster in the series
to be really fair, Tri bombed cause "it was too hard", p3rd only sold well in Nipland, so they were really cautious with 3U. We didnt even get 4, but 4U. And not until 4U, somehow, that the series explode in popularity in the west
well, not as much as world, but it was a solid standing point for the team

was there any "red star" in the iceborne trailers?

Objective MH tier list. toddlers need not reply.

God tier :
>F2/FU
Good tier :
>Gen/GU
>P3rd
>MH
>MH2
>MHF
Okay tier :
>3U
>4
Overrated garbage tier:
>4U
>Tri
>World

Gun was them trying to do sth new tho, which is kinda acceptable
and all new monster were actually new. New skeleton, unique moveset and concept,... looking back from the present its kinda bad with such a small roster, yes. But from gen 2 going into gen 3 was a blast

Nerg wins against any elders cause he's the strongest one, I love him!

the monsters are still programmed to fight in specific areas and go to each after a timer limit or damage threshold is reached. they will then growl or roar, and then you proceed to chase them, with them nibbling at you 10 percent of the time or completely ignoring you as you tickle their feet hoping that they trip. So to get to the point, jetwing there is going to be programmed to fight in the biggest open areas of whatever maps they bind it to

P3rd >>>>> Tri
From not having underwater alone. Just from that.
But also added all the missing weapon classes, fixed Bowguns to the previous unfucked state, added the best and longer-lasted new weapon movesets ever until World's release (for example GL's quick reload, ground full burst. Bow's new attacks, etc.) unlike the gimmicks only found in single titles or gens that people disliked at large, MHP3rd's additions lasted forever, even in World its movesets are in.
Also many more monsters.

Yes the way amor/defence worked and lowered monster HP pools made the game easy. But it's still a vastly superior game compared to Tri.

Tri has a higher % of new to old monsters compared to World, yes. However World still has more new monsters than Tri, despite its higher % of old monsters. That's how bad Tri's roster count was. I could count them for you but just open the wikis and count new mosnters yourself, World has more.

>New models for older monsters
Even more so for World. They had to do that, then added new attacks, then had to add more interactions for environmental behavior and fights with other monsters and completely revampt the AI to work in non-sectioned zones.

>2 whole new skeletons in addition of the pitiful 3 of gen 2
Same for World, exactly 2 new skeleton bases. Still managed to have double the monster count of Tri.

>Modified skeletons that are actually modified ala Peco, Snarf and Giginox
Snarf if P3rd, don't know how many times I have to say that I'm talking about Tri. Should I include Iceborne in this conversation to make it fair?
There's also substancial modification in World, like Dodogama to Kulve.

>new 3d camera and mechanic. yes, actual 3d camera, not the weird "3 height options" of gen 2
Tri still has limited vertical options

>MHF

Is that Freedom 1 or Frontier?

Attached: tigger alert.png (305x279, 147K)

Tri bombed because it was a console release. It didn't do well anywhere, and there are harder MH games that did better.

>4U lower than XX
heresy

Attached: 1562337196392.jpg (621x623, 236K)

>P3rd
>good
>better than 3 Ultimate or Tri or 4
Kek, get fucked retard.

your list as almost perfect but 4U needs to be in the good tier and world in OKay tier.

Attached: 1520279401979.jpg (1032x952, 141K)

were you a crossbow user? that would explain certain attack patterns prevailing over others, that or you were constantly running and healing

Tri still has more unique fights than World does, even with its small roster. Almost every single monster in World, that shares the same skeleton, is effectively the exact same fight.

BRUH, IS THAT SKARMORY?

they advertised Tri a lot tho, and it was entertaining as fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=2oaVV-L3soc
shame they dont do ads like that these days

Are you the guy who thought Diablos and Bazel don't share the same skeleton?

delete this fucking image this instant

DELET

Caedeus WHEN

Attached: 3rdGen-Ceadeus_Render_001.png (1314x1112, 1.12M)

Is this how you shitpost now that you can't post your autistic list anymore?

What's this Bazel variant called?

I love condom belts but not like this. Not like this.

Do you actually think that Tri got a pass for its flaws?
Come on please.

Shindol Bazelgeuse

have the devs stop listening to the players who didnt bring dung bombs to a fight that revolved around it attracting monsters that it mimics

why does that look like a thunderlord zinogre?

In MHW2 when they reintroduce underwater hunting because its a cool concept that appeals to normies and they can pretend 3rd gen never happened

That picture is one year older than World's announcement you fucking retard.

No, I remember people bitching (rightfuly so) about it back in the day.
Just that World's bitching is much less deserved, it's much more ferocious, and longer lasting.

Fuck me did I grind this cunt a lot. I cant tell if hes kino or pure aids anymore.

best theme, no contest
youtube.com/watch?v=YI9MqIuZLmA
almost made the chore of farming Goldbeard worth it

it didnt bomb, it did just what it needed to, bring interest of it to the west. It succeeded

Post the list again. I fucking dare you.

Maybe they're just keeping the Ape skeleton tucked way up their sleeves to blindside people with hot monkey dick DLC

Jesus fucking christ

Attached: 1467457805348.png (400x400, 281K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yehQySj-CY4

Attached: 1554071463419.gif (267x200, 729K)

Aside from your usual console warring spiel, most of the complains i saw was about how the roster was boring and easy, of which i agree
Well, at least will all those DLCs and ATs fuck ATs tho, and IB coming, the roster is looking swell

something unlike the rest of the monster hunter games with a lot more hand holding and EXTREMELY shitty and boring weapons. Seriously, it's pathetic, don't judge the rest of the series by how lame the weapons are in World.

What list? That one colored picture with World's "flaws"? Why would i save that. This is the only list i have on my PC.

Attached: Eggs.png (2766x1708, 2.77M)

Don't see how I console warred. Didn't mention a single platform. I also don't much care about the game's difficulty but rather how fun it is to play, which is correlated but far from a direct cause/effect. I can't go back to any pre-world SA for instance, even if (say) 4U's HR is harder, the weapon just feels clunky and a bore to play now.

This sounds dull.

Lmao they learned nothing from Tri, they just added the missing weapons, removed features added in Tri and massively nerfed the returning monsters and new monters were complete pushovers.

Having discount Chameleos, discount Zinogre, and discount Deviljho show up right at the start was not a great idea

that opening is terrible, the lead into the mid section of the track is unnecessary, and the redone instrumentals dont mesh well

The part at 1:02 is so out of place it's unreal.

I don't care about console wars or Old V New

Just give me good weapon designs and fun monsters

Attached: weapon_page__48_by_bnaha_d71wdrb-pre.jpg (1091x732, 126K)

You're better off playing an actual MH game instead.

Attached: 2019050617061000-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 328K)

well, at least that thing was fun
youtube.com/watch?v=VA32xd386Sg

Attached: 2d80b4212a05370644098df42afb209762f0bf49_hq.gif (500x281, 1.61M)

I call them that because they literal act that way. And they stretch in completely illogical ways to attack forwards. Just admit it's an anime meme.

Fuck you it's my favorite new track
>that pokke village theme insert during the riff
kino

The additions are good but they're going to have to seriously improve the existing World monsters in Master Rank for me to consider it a truly good roster. I'm not talking about just adding subspecies or variants, either, I want fun fights with the basic monsters.

I always fucking hated "monster head on a stick" Hammer designs.

God MHTri (not 3U) was a damn good looking game.

>JUST added the missing weapons
>Removed shit features added in Tri
>Returning monsters to make the roster more diverse, nerfing some of them so that they can be fought earlier.
>Zinogre is a complete pushover
Tribabies are the worst of the worst

I've been playing 4u, is there any tells for when nerscylla will do it's instant pincer attack? it kind of feels similar to purple gypceros instant flash but that had a tell with the light flashing

For those arguing over roster count and such;

MH: 17 monsters (17 new)
MHG: 30 monsters (13 new)
MHP: 31 monsters (1 new)

MH2: 45 monsters (14 new) (31 returning)
MHP2: 47 monsters (3 new) (1 removed)
MHP2G: 58 monsters (10 new) (1 restored)

MH3: 18 monsters (15 new) (3 returning)
MHP3: 40 monsters (17 new) (3 removed) (8 returning)
MH3G: 52 monsters (10 new) (3 restored) (6 removed) (5 returning)

MH4: 51 monsters (13 new) (38 returning)
MH4U: 83 monsters (11 new) (21 returning)

MHX: 73 monsters (18 new) (55 returning)
MHXX: 93 monsters (9 new) (11 returning)

MHW: 35 monsters (21 new) (14 returning)
MHWI: 45* monsters (5* new) (5* returning)

*so far, the final count isn’t known yet.

Every new games get shat on since Tri, whether it's legitimate or not, you should already know this.
>longer lasting
Ironic considering what you said earlier.

>4U and Tri ingarbage tier
>GU AND Gen in good tier
Bait. Calling it plain and simple.

>he doesnt like decapitating a giant monster, slap that head on a stick, and beat others with said head

Attached: rathhammer.jpg (390x290, 20K)

When it shuffles its claws in a taunt-like animation.

Attached: 1507102240607.png (489x559, 308K)

Pretty sure there was some kind of tell, which took me a while to figure out, but I forgot. It's been a very long while since I last fought a Nerscylla.
Something subtle like a barely noticeable pedipalp movement, or a sudden pause mid combat.

Can you source me on that.

>MHGU
>A real monster hunter game
Sorry, that isn't 4U, FU, or 3U user

when it suddenly stands in 1 place and wriggle his front legs
And tb h, you only want to hit its stomach/leg as a blademaster unless you are using hammer/bow

It's actually a great addition to the World soundtrack which is quite lacking in the monsters' tracks

Attached: 42861912_p0.jpg (1500x1240, 947K)

Are you counting recolors as "new"?

You damn right I don't. It's a lazy weapon design both from developer perspective and in-universe. I can stick a monster's head on a pike myself, I don't need to pay a """craftsman""" to do that. But either way the effectiveness of such weapon is questionable at best.

where is this from?

I see I'll keep a lookout for that, thanks for the tips

Attached: 4.jpg (1593x963, 369K)

So is Blast going to be the new King in Iceborne?

Attached: 26164668.png (545x860, 379K)

Most returning monsters in MHW have been remade from ground up, not just ported straight from the previous games, like it was happening in the handheld games.

I wonder if we will get recolors of old monsters in World. Like Green Narga and Brute Tigrex.

Yes, if it’s counted as it’s own monster it’s listed as new. So subspecies count. I plan on going through it again and listing subspecies and shit like that as separate numbers though.

We have their content though?

Attached: infinite content.jpg (804x2120, 600K)

It's never ever going to be broken like it was in 3U. In which it was broken only because Brachy was the shiny new flaghsip, so they had to make you hunt him and use his weapons somehow, instead of sticking to the tried and true raw stacking.

Number of monsters doesnt equal quality, idiot. genU is too gimmicky, styles are shit

Each of Nerscylla's legs has a separate trip threshold so you can ground her for basically an entire hunt with a little planning

More content is not good content, though. And GS feels like ass in GU compared to 4U.

Lucent Narga

You don't have a brain to understand that it's not content what makes a game though. Content can always be added later. But if the game itself is fundamentally flawed, no amount of "infinite" content is going to save it.

Most subspecies don’t appear outside the generation they were added in unfortunately. All the Gen 1 subs were in Gen 2, but after that only a handful continued to be brought forward.

Grongingas and Kelbi bow weren’t even brachy weapons

someone confirmed the suppost 2ch leaks from yesterday?

It wasn't due to flagship, it was a whole new element, clearly not tested enough. That's why Slime was rebalanced into Blast.

In solo? Maybe, who knows.
In multiplayer with 4 people its going to be shit as is usual with every single status ailment.

Wont that make World's "new" 6 tho?
>Velkana
>Banbaro
>Beotodus
>shrieking Legiana (well, this might not count, in hindsight)
>Fulgur Anjanath
>Ebony Odogaron
better yet, bring back deviants, and slap a AT tag on them. win-win

>giadrome
>iodrome
>velocidrome
>gendrome
>basarios
>gravios
wasted slots

>I call them that because they literal act that way
I never saw jet wings shoot projectiles.

>And they stretch in completely illogical ways to attack forwards. Just admit it's an anime meme.
Sure, as long as you admit Khezu is also an anime meme.

Which leaks?

as much as I want to him to be, how would you implement him? I thought the map can only load 3 monsters at the time

shit meant to quote

You do know that non-Guild Styles and Arts are optional right? Unlike World where you're stuck with the same overpowered style with baked-in arts.

Attached: Monster Hunter World 2018.09.06 - 16.29.18.04.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

>Zinogre
> not a complete pushover
Only Stygian and apex redeemed this overrated shitmonster
>nerfing them so they can be fought earlier
More to give them subs, too bad their subs didn't make up for the nerf especially when 99% of them weren't even hard to begin with.
Also
>defending monsters nerfs
Nah P3rdbabs are even worse.

charging is much slower with the added animations, rolling is much slower with the added animations and hitstop is the most severe it has been in the series
either they adjusted the monsters to match the unnecessary animations or the animations were added because of the slower monsters
these unnecessary animations slowing down gameplay are "factually ture" and they were not present in any previous game

apple to apple then, carried over monsters still feel slower
only maybe Black Diablos retains most of its speed but still has massive windups

the extreme prevalence of slopes just gets in the way of the combat and being in a sloped area makes you stop fighting just to move the hell away

Blast on Duals are usually OP compared to other weapons, guess we'll see.

Some user talked about the map, final boss and the main story. He said the japs are leaking shit on 2ch and japanese twitter.

Just have him call one of the other two and then do something to “work with” the other monster. Like riding on deviljhos head while buffing.

Yes, Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos. Fuck you.

>But if the game itself is fundamentally flawed
So like all the games before it. They're all fundamentally flawed. Unsalvageable.

just like how they did in the older gen. hell they did it with the 2 monsters limits
>if no other monster on map, summon 1
>if alr exist, call to Peco
>they wont turf war Peco
>well, if Peco called 2 monsters in 1 place, maybe turf war does happen between them
and Peco also has heals, buffs, etc

>b-but world

You have some links? Would like to translate please

>no Great Jagras
>no Great Girros
>no TsiTsi-Ya-Ku
>no Kulu-Ya-Ku
forgotten indeed

We weren't even talking about World. We were discussing games before GU and World.

QA testers leaking shit to futaba, 2ch, and Japanese twitter have said that the map size in Iceborne is roughly the size of the Coral Highlands, Elder's Recess, and Wildspire Wastes combined.
One said that there's an area that looks like Ukanlos battle arena from 2nd Gen that connects to a lagoon cavern like the one from 2nd gen desert. They called it a hot cave and made a joke that it's like the cold caves from 1st and 2nd gen in the swamp and desert, but it's hot. You can walk through the water and there's an area that connects to the ocean.

The final boss of Iceborne leaked on 2ch and it's a new variant of Fatalis.
They said the story gimmick is that the ice in the reach is made by Velk and it keeps the Fatalis in slumber. Xeno being born and releasing the bio energy woke it up. The final hunt is at a tower that's unlocked in the final 1/4th of the story.
They're officially giving Fatalis black blight as a status and the we're getting Black blight Tempered monsters as the new tempered.

>they're optional!
Lmal

There are only 5 brand new monsters besides the reindeer.
Gajarenorosu is a Blast/Poison flying wyvern that looks like a new flying wyvern in the Tigrex style
Pulu Pukatoso is like Kulu Yaku but steals Peco's gimmick. It screams and has one of the strongest sonic attacks. It will also attract the apex monster.
Moritetsu is a flying wyvern that looks like a snow diablos mixed with nargacuga.
Kerudavos has a lure that can flash and has a mix of lightning and water - looks like Gravios and has a back made of crystal and bones but with lots of fur hanging from the edge of the shell.
Hapa Gorokatsu is a monster that jumps into lava and covers itself in fire once its shell is broken.

After that they said the rest are the flagships, Plesioth, Kut Ku, and Khezu.

Shaggy, normal and white Fatalis, Ukanlos, Gold/Silver Raths, Amatsu, Gypceros, and subspecies like Green Narga, Brute Tigrex, etc. are planned updates ending in winter 2020.

Attached: 1513431667232.jpg (600x400, 115K)

Are we talking about GU or 4U here?

>the map size in Iceborne is roughly the size of the Coral Highlands, Elder's Recess, and Wildspire Wastes combined.
That is how I know this leak is fake.

Attached: ice maps v2.jpg (1830x930, 620K)

>a map tripled the usual size
they must be partitioned into smaller maps, else i dont think the ps4 can handle it with how they code the game

I'm trying to find a source actually, if I found something I'll post here.

the best MH game for beginners and a disappointing one for veterans

>listposter is at it again
>thinks just because he doesn't post the least it's not completely obvious who he is

Attached: 1548915422488.jpg (976x803, 69K)

I mean, the map in the demo is already Wastes size with the caves and everything and theres 2 other areas that are blocked.

>FU meme

It's as small as the Arctic "only three areas" Ridge

Based BUSTA

not even worth a (you)

>if the game itself is fundamentally flawed, no amount of "infinite" content is going to save it.
This can be said for any MH games, cretin.

>the map size in Iceborne is roughly the size of the Coral Highlands, Elder's Recess, and Wildspire Wastes combined.
I mean, they said it's the largest field the game's ever seen, but I find that hard to believe, honestly. How could consolefriends possibly cope with the loading times for such a huge map?

reminder the only real MH game was 1 and every sequel continuously bastardized it

just post the fireden link

>Capcom says Iceborne will be harder due to fan requests
Oh no...
This doesn't sound good.
I mean, it SHOULD sound good, but Capcoms definition of difficulty is dumb shit like Arch Tempered monsters.

Attached: 1538636368182.jpg (251x242, 14K)

this is the strangest leak source I've ever seen

reminder that MH1 is just a gay PSO clone

these are the full leaks btw alongside with the cookies

Because it literally isn't a leak.
Last year they also had cookies with flagships on them, so what?

kek

Nothing like PSO.

I bet they just mean: on top of "Master Rank" damage

then why do former PSO players took refuge in MH like maximillian dood?

They are multipurpose jet wings... You're making my point for me. The monster makes no fucking sense. And khezu is hardly a meme. His neck operates like a leech, because that's heavily what the inspiration was. It's a leech wyvern. Are you going to say worms and leeches don't stretch now??? Just admit your defense of the x-wing monster is broken at the core.

>optional
Right, good for the 2% that use guild style and no arts after mid-way through HR, much less G-rank where everything is balanced around Arts/Styles cancer.

also, OBSESSED. BING BING BING

>Meme
It's a good game that didn't fuck around with the nonsense of GU or World. Just a solid Monster Hunter experience with all the monsters up to that point.

Your bait is so weak I didn't even bother to save the image with the cropped non-existent corridors from Pre-World maps scaled properly which proves that each World map has the size of 3 old maps.

>(((apex))) monsters are good
Yikes!

Did they? Dreamcast was still going during PS2's lifetime? They went to DC not Monster Hunter, my friend had a DC and used to play PSO religiously. I just remember the first time playing the demo of Monster Hunter that I got with DMC, I played the demo more than I played DMC, he was never into it.

Is this Listfag?

>tfw no 3U, 4U or XX on Vita

Attached: 1544339925932.jpg (1080x1047, 172K)

>no verticality
>no underwater combat
>no grinding for charms
>no nu-rathalos
FU is literally perfect.

>no grinding for charms
Heeeeh...

>tfw all MH's on PC

Attached: 1542374742016.png (601x566, 973K)

Who thought Tri was a good idea, holy shit

Valstrax's wings operate on jet propulsion, which exists in nature as movement of certain animals. Are you saying these animals do not exist?

>His neck operates like a leech, because that's heavily what the inspiration was. It's a leech wyvern.
And that makes no sense. Either it's a vertebrate or it's not. You can't say "thing i like makes sense but one i don't like doesn't". That's retarded.

>no grinding for charms
I unironically used to love hunting for charms, used to put some chill music on and get farming. I can see why people hated it though..

Attached: 55956041jpg.jpg (640x800, 718K)

I don't wanna believe this, but Capcom has terrible record of protecting leaks.

So Iceborne will pretty much have as many monsters as MH4. That's not bad.
World 2 will reach MH4U numbers.

Gets a laugh outta me every time

Attached: Busta_Rhymes_Year_Of_The_Dragon-front-large.jpg (500x500, 200K)

Only memorable monsters are Nerg, Anja, and Bazel, everything else is forgettable.

>year of the dragon
>wyvern

How does Bazelgeuse the Flying Bomber get a pass while Valstrax is "too anime"

Not him but Valstrax isn't really anime if we compare it to shit like Zinogre and Amatsu. It's just a living jet engine that works exactly like one except instead of fuel it's Dragon Element it's burning.

No, listfag would pretend to be a 4Utard, since they were the ones who thought world would flop.

>Wyverns aren't dragons

The bouncing parts and wystones were shit but aside that most of the apex were alright.

Those new monster descriptions worry me.

yes

Pikachu is the Palico
Charizard is the Rathalos

I liked Apex

Jesus, that smooth part at 1:00

Attached: 21539.jpg (500x356, 46K)

Holy shit, you guys really need to have sex. This is embarrassing

>descriptions of monsters given by low-paid japs who care so little about their jobs that they'd leak, and then translated by some unemployed weeb, are extremely basic.
I wonder why these monsters aren't as exciting as the monsters in the teasers we normally get.

Why not fucking bring Makiri Nova back then. Why Fatalis. It even has the Kushala skeleton how hard could it be

this triggers me, happened to me before, but i know i need to get gud

Attached: 1529189204115.png (578x435, 316K)

when the new monsters make you want to fight the old ones you dun fucked up senpai

>Arguing realism in fucking Monster Hunter
You're all autistic

Attached: 1523835947149.jpg (366x380, 20K)

no you see expelling air and gas is too much
copying anime and becoming a nuke are realistic

>Plesioth and Khezu are coming back

Attached: 1478793731907.jpg (379x279, 22K)

idk if it's the same source actually, The map and the final boss seems true tho.

Plesioth, Kut Ku and Gypceros sounds unbelievable
and I don't know why they wouldn't add Gold/Silver at launch of G-Rank with the 100 killed requirement instead of coming updates

>recently picked up this game 4 days ago
>been playing nonstop
>recently became a neet, in high rank
>still grinding nonstop
A-am I going to make it in time bros?

One can hope, but in the end I can live with the basic weapon with Monster parts glued into it, the ones I really hate are the recolor basic metal/bone weapons, I hope those go away

Well. We are getting some news this Friday at gdc. So if any of this is true we can assume it's all true

>pleb filters are coming back
i'm ok with this

Do people actually care about the mob variety? Every fight feels the same. You whack on shit for 20 minutes until it falls over.

Yes. You are going to have a shit ton of events to grind coming up. But you are fine

But are we getting real news? They said more news in August, and the panel at SDC looks like a regular "behind the scenes" stuff

>fatalis is in!
>a new fatalis variant
OK, bring back fish buffs and were done.

Attached: good lore.png (447x378, 11K)

GDC's behind the scene might give a lot of insight tho, like last year's Lagiacrus

Attached: 1520967692210.jpg (153x221, 19K)

fuck off m8, hes too big for smash

A lot of DMC V leaks was from SDC last year

Like what?
I need more trailers the hype is killing me

im dying

Attached: 1559898451418.jpg (464x454, 47K)

They arent even hard, theyre just fucking annoying

Attached: crimson.jpg (1920x1080, 596K)

who?

Monster models get remade every gen, just that 5th was first gen you noticed.

Attached: skarmory.png (255x167, 15K)

Attached: fixjojo.png (441x568, 177K)

Then I will rape u.

yeah I guess they need to use more the skeleton and add more water monsters...

They won't source you on that because they're deliberately misinterpreting what the developers said. In response to being asked why there are no spiders in their games (all of their games, not just fucking world like these retards attempt to suggest.) Fujioka says that they need to limit themselves to base skeletal structures for the most part because a spider skeleton would be so specialized that it would take far longer and not a single piece of the skeleton could be reused. It's something they would have to devote a large amount of time to and would have certainly further crippled World's amount of monsters. It's the last question in an interview about how it feels to create monsters.

it was very interesting with ape, carapaceon, fanged beast, fat leviathan and the other ones
World could feel samey because the weapon hitboxes are like 200% and you don't need to learn positioning anymore

>"open world" big ass fuck Tower
Capcom can't fuck this one up

People who cared about skeleton variety are already playing real MH.

Attached: 2019050710282400-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

but FU didn't have any Brute or Leviathan

he will be back, you will see, you all will see!!

Attached: gun val.webm (684x882, 1.8M)

I'm actually surprised the mod community is very much alive for a monster hunter game
If you told me this in like 2016 i would've called you a crazy faggot

It'll probably be closer to shit like how Barioth got out. They'll just show some nature shit and a couple new monsters.
Then in August we get a trailer with Gore, Valstrax, maybe a Nerg recolor or something, and a Fatalis tease for the final Iceborne trailer like how World's last pre-launch trailer was Elders.

>no. 14 both mod count and download count wise
huh, impressive

I dunno if they'll show Fatalis pre-launch, they never spoil the final boss and literally the only time Fatalis has appeared in marketing was that 15th anniversary render. At most we might get a cut to black and the roar.

I doubt they'll show him. Just a black and purple haze, maybe an eclipse, then a bit of his music building up to that cliche rising strings and his roar.

Tri was the last decent monster hunter game, and even that is pushing it.

Mounting was a mistake.

>Generations
>real MH
Pick one.

There were 2 games after Tri that didn't have mounting and actually included all weapons, Tribab

>P3
Tri but easy mode
>3U
Same as P3 but with 50 bonus base defense for western players

Tri was easy mode itself.

Now that Frontier is kill there’s zero reason not to bring best monster into mainline for the next game.

Attached: 23A5CA96-0B14-4273-9314-FC772D9C16F9.png (1200x900, 908K)

Still a harder game than P3 and 3U by a country mile and no bullshit gimmicks like mounting and hunter arts

pchads can't keep getting away with it

Skeletons

Attached: 01_2560x1600.jpg (2560x1600, 1.64M)

>fighting valfalk with wyvern igniton

Attached: YEAH.png (331x521, 152K)

raviente siege please look forward to it

maybe for mh6, they are busy bringing more re usable skeletons to fill mh5 rooster, maybe when that's done they can concentrate their time into bringing more unique skeletons

Still better than Kulve Taroth.

Are there any mods that add new monsters?

How can one crab be so based?

This is obviously just a collection of the flagships. Why are people getting excited over this?

Name a dumber poster than the classic thisposter
Just say upvote you fucking redditor.

i'd be fine with kulve if she didn't have a gacha system attached to her. the pursuit level gimmick is dumb too but the actual fight i don't mind

people are working on it, the administrator of the modding discord is porting fzinogre from MHO, some dude is trying to port fatalis, "new" monster porting is just starting due to the ability to add "new" monster subspecies without replacing old monsters being fairly new

Blame 4th gen for gacha weapons.

UMM BROS?

Attached: Glavenus.webm (852x480, 2.99M)

I believe anything I can eat.

Attached: 1462146778001.jpg (400x400, 36K)

at least they weren't attached to one monster in 4

Lagi hasn't given a shit about water since Tri, bro.

>this artwork has been out for months
>people still are surprised when monsters that are featured on it are confirmed
When did the Reddit brainlets get so prominent?

The fact that every response is "well you should've anticipated the shitty hitbox!" only proves you right.

Nice. I wish they let you place these in clumps like the butterflies

Glavenus and Gammoth are alright but Astalos, Mizutsune and Valstrax can stay in their containment game.

>artwork renders for an anniversary poster automatically hard confirm all the monsters no questions asked

stop being disingenuous, no one even paid attention to the poster until half of them were correct in hindsight.

Astalos is great

People did point out that they were all new renders
When we got World Tigrex shown and it was exactly the same as the anniversary poster render it was pretty obvious

>Monster Hunters strength is the vast roster of monsters it can draw from for any game
>Eventually forced to reboot things because you can only use the same dated framework for so long
>Monster roster resets to zero because of this
>Now have to focus on rebuilding your core roster of monsters before focusing entirely on new ones
Whats so hard to understand

>revising history
lol

If Val does get in he's really going to have a heavy nerf. World's corridor style areas and obstacles don't work with his current moveset.

>wild spire wastes
>elder's recess
>that area of the reach that's already been shown to be a big flat open area at the top
???

He'd work perfectly fine in any map except Ancient Forest
You fight him in some narrow ass rooms in Jurassic Frontier in XX already

>He'd work perfectly fine in any map except Ancient Forest
Maybe Elder's Recess but there's not much else. Everything else is far too cluttered.

>After that they said the rest are the flagships, Plesioth, Kut Ku, and Khezu.
Two of the worst monsters in the entire series and one utterly mediocre monster who only gets attention because hes Gen1? No thanks.

no one = reddit
Stay there next time, softheaded tool

Wildspire Waste: anywhere except the caves
Coral highlands: same places you fight Legiana, maybe Zone 1 since you fight almost nothing else there besides Jho
Hell even Ancient Forest could potentially work if you limited it to the left and bottom edges of the map
And Hoarfrost looks like it'll have plenty of open areas

I've heard that same retarded "neuter" statement on so many additions and they were fine, from Jho to Lunastra.

Val will be fine on anywhere but forest.

Attached: 1563069759483.png (1080x1266, 697K)

>anywhere except the caves
That leaves about three areas that aren't cluttered. The spires, marshes and that little water area jyura hangs out in.

The only thing GU taught me is that theres such a thing as "too many monsters". The raw amount of dromes, recolored raptors, and other Gen1 trash monsters does little except drag the entire game down.

>and they were fine
Sure if World is your first game.

Attached: 1558099022342.jpg (1024x683, 73K)

3U boyo. Sorry that didn't work out for ya

Attached: 1551501555026.gif (521x514, 371K)

FU my dude.
In both ways.

you are both fags for not playing freedom 1

>gypceros and plesioth
No fucking way

Only faggots like 1.

yeah I hope not, did anyone even like the low tier gen 2 monsters

they're gen 1