The full Advance Wars clone we always wanted finally happens

>The full Advance Wars clone we always wanted finally happens
>It's a sequel to the first one, which was god-fucking-awful
>Still might be a scam, that whole bit about money from that unrelated Kickstarter is still fuzzy
>The game is still just okay

I have such mixed feelings about this

Attached: tiny-metal-full-metal-rumble-1.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent/comments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's 3D, so i don't care.
This is what i'd like to say to every single hack jap dev that tries to "revive" an old IP that used to be 2D, with good sprites and animations.
If your "resurrection" is 3D, then shove it up your ass.
Fuck this game.
Fuck shitstained: ritual of the shit too.
Fuck the new Samsho.
Fuck the new Contra.
Fuck all of 'em.

Attached: 1311693907627.jpg (350x240, 34K)

You might try Wargroove then, it's also pretty good. Not *exactly* the same, but it manages the same soul, and the 2D animations are pretty great

Attached: ss_1c6b19b677aa872e6f3a7c4451076d630ca273d8.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 767K)

>same soul
no fuck off
we still remember the threads talking about how shitty it is
and the characters will always look ugly

The 3D just looks so fucking soulless and they even HAVE 2D SPRITES FOR ALL THE UNITS THEY JUST DIDN'T USE THEM

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-013221_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 880K)

>tumblrgroove.

It's so weird AAA Jap games are overall pretty good. But anything Indie made by some Japs have some really ugly graphics.

>it has everything one could want from a spiritual sequel to AW
>except character portraits
>and I will hate the game exactly for that one petty reason
Enjoy your nogames then, I guess.

>we still remember the threads talking about how shitty it is
>Believing anything Yea Forums says

There's your first mistake

There is something off about it. Maybe it's the 3D on its own, but there's gotta be more to it.

The bloom is too high making everything washed out, that's problem number one.
The characters don't automatically re-orient to the camera, keeping silhouettes consistent. That's problem number 2

I like it, but too bad there’s no couch multiplayer....

Oh fuck, really?
God fucking dammit YOU HAD ONE JOB

>HURRR Yea Forums is always wrong gais!!! DURRR
it's absolutely shit

It's great, you're just an easily impressionable idiot.

I saw it on Steam a couple of days ago, but I'm actually wary of getting it because even if you remove the discount it currently has, getting it at full price is still WAY cheaper than getting the first game, which I've already heard is bad.

never believe what Yea Forums says, remember?
fuck off dipshit your game is shit no matter how much you shill it

Yeah, it's weird.
I played the demo, and it *looks* like it's fixed most of the issues with the first game; massive load times and slowdown are gone, the camera isn't fixed in a weird pseudo-isometric view, units actually have ammo and fuel this time, the unit count is *way* up, there's actually air and sea units now, it's basically a straight 1:1 Advance Wars clone, but with 3D graphics.
In theory, I *should* love it. But I don't, and I'm honestly not sure why. It's baffling.

ok since you're actually playing it, is there anything that's actually wrong with it or it's just a hunch kind of feeling?
also are the campaigns good? there's 3 characters, right? How long would it take to finish all the single-player content and is it worth the money on that basis?

Does it still have this retarded gunship that someone for some retarded reason gave strong anti-ground AND anti-air AND huge HP?

>Wargroove
Shit game, every faction shares the same units except the ultimate one, everyone has an alcoholic nose, they lazily recycled Florans from their flopped game and pikemen break the game.

It's mostly a hunch kinda feeling.
The graphics are weird. That's a definite downgrade. The 3D actually works to its detriment; It's actually very easy to get lost in the map when the camera isn't stuck on a static axis, and its easy to lose track of which units are where, when they don't have consistent silhouettes and colors.

Other than that, it's not *bad*, but I only played the demo, so I don't know what all is and isn't in.

No idea.

>every faction shares the same units
It's an Advance Wars clone. That's the point.
And pikeman spam hasn't been a thing for months, dude. They patched that shit.

>niggers everywhere

yep thats gonna be a pass from me

Wait, there’s a sequel already? I almost backed the Kickstarter for the first one but it fell through so I was saved. I tried the ks demo and it was rough but I thought they’d fix things, but when I tried the release demo, everything still felt bad. I don’t remember why, but it felt like it was hard to do damage to things and everything felt awkward

>and its easy to lose track of which units are where, when they don't have consistent silhouettes and colors.
based on the screenshots in the product page I think the camera is too zoomed in compared to Advance Wars where you can generally see a huge part of the whole map if not the whole map

>Still might be a scam, that whole bit about money from that unrelated Kickstarter is still fuzzy
Isn't this game made by the same guy who scammed people in Project Phoenix kickstarter?
kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent/comments
Probably one of the biggest scams on Kickstarter (not as big as Star Citizen, though).

Someone told me that pikemen are overpowered, like even more overpowered than mech spam is in the real advance wars because pikemen get a damage buff from standing next to each other or something. That sounds game-breaking

>Created by: CIA, Inc.
>CIA, Inc. is a Brand Architect Group
If people got scammed without doing basic google research beforehand they deserve it.

They went with a fucking awful 3d aesthetic. Nothing wrong with 3d itself but that shit just looks like garbage.