Kingdom of Amalur

Is this game any good? Looks like it has a lot of choice in what class you want to play, which intrigues me.

Attached: Kingdomofamalur.jpg (570x400, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UzYfDSvTthU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's pretty fun. Keep in mind that it's literally an MMO with the multiplayer cut out. It's more interesting to play it and think about what it would have been like if they actually completed their vision.

it's like an offline MMO, pretty bland as well, I wouldn't pay money to play it

It was never an MMO, please stop spreading this misinformation. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was, from the beginning, intended to be a single player prequel leading into the MMO they were planning, simply titled Kingdoms of Amalur, aka Project Copernicus. The main story of Reckoning was supposed to explain why the MMO could even exist in the first place, since the concept of Fate was taken to its extreme so player characters in an MMO wouldn't work unless the events of Reckoning happened first.

Everything went to shit before they finished the MMO so that was just shelved.

Sunhilda IS a CUTE wife! (She is! She is!)

Attached: Sunhilda.jpg (397x434, 20K)

>not Catrin

Attached: Reckoning 2017-11-28 18-43-32-18.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

Catrin IS cute AND Alyn IS cute BUT you CAN marry Sunhilda AND Maid of Windemere they ARE wife user!

It's a nice looking game, the combat is good and it's fucking huge, but the elves turn out to be boring faggots and the music is so fucking garbage it'll make you stop playing
Probably the main reason the game will feel tedious and chore like is because of the lazy repitive grating music from Mr. Hack himself

Thanks for reminding me I bought this piece of trash on release OP.

You SHOULD get the DLC user! You SHOULD romance Sunhilda IN the DLC user! (You should! You should!)

It’s fun, I really enjoyed playing it back in the day.

Fucking hell I have that thread open in another tab and thought I had a stroke or something for a second here.

played it around 3 times but never been able to finish it, usually quit at the big tree.

Valerie AND Sunhilda ARE good FOR stroke user!

I kept doing sidequests until the final area, at that point I said "fuck it, it's time to finish this game"

Good game, I enjoyed it a lot, looks really nice too.
Found out you can bug boss fights if you go too hard on your damage as a mage.

Attached: Untitled.png (469x116, 88K)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is the greatest 6/10 video game ever made. It has the best combat of any full-size action RPG. Loot is consistently rewarding. The skills and attributes are very well-realized. There isn't "a lot of choice in what class you want to play". Basically you have your stand trio of mage, fighter, and rogue, but you can mix them. You can build full make, or make a half-mage, half-fighter, of try to equally balance all three. No matter what you build, it feels balanced and viable.

The story, world, and characters are a bit too dull to keep you invested until the end. Many of the quests are forgettable and the presentation is boring. I would say it's worth playing since you can pick it up for peanuts nowadays, just don't expect the game to change your life.

Also, protip: Amalur is on the easy side to say the least. There are only three difficulty modes. You should play on the hardest one your first time through.

its ok. worth a playthrough but i see no reason to ever replay it and replayability to me is a big factor in making a game truly 'great'

>Loot is consistently rewarding
Despite having 60 hours in the game and barely remembering any of it, the majority of loot being crap is one of those enduring memories

>tfw you write ten thousand years of lore for a video game and it game flops
on the bright side i think or nordic or somebody finally bought the ip so maybe something will happen.

Its painfully generic and not worth anyone's time
Press X to kill final boss

Unironically fantastic game, good combat, chakra are most fun weapon, and pretty fucking sweet boss kills
>Little gnome piece of shit thinks he can step to me
>like I think his 3 ft. tall ass is a problem
>pick up the little fucking midge by the legs, raise him above my head, and smash his skull into the ground
Predicted midge posting pretty well, overall.

>needing a prequel to explain the story of an MMO instead of just making an MMO and explaining it in the first five minutes
No wonder they bankrupted Rhode Island

The gameplay is better than Skyrim

youtube.com/watch?v=UzYfDSvTthU
LMAO

Based.

It's a mediocre but comfy game. Don't expect anything grand, but let it cuddle you.

loot was fucking useless with smithing and gemcraft

Yeah it could be a series sucks it ended so quickly

This and Two Worlds 2 are my go-to "underappreciated gems," flawed but still fun games
I'm also considering adding Underworld Ascendant to that list

The combat system is fun and the world is colorful but everything else is painfully repetitive and boring. Missions are mostly fetch quests, it truly feels like an offline mmo. I would not recommend it.

Attached: 1547401921142.jpg (562x800, 121K)

>I'm also considering adding Underworld Ascendant to that list
Did the patches make it any better?

>Is this game any good?
Obviously not since you feel the need to ask that every day

Yes, much better

Do not take each and every quest on your way. Seriously. First village has, like, 5 quests which ask you to go to some far, far away, and on the road you will find even more shitheads like a werewolf who will give even more quests, and most of the quests are MMO-tier. This made me drop the game multiple times, along with a pretty timid beginning where you don't get much space to experiment with crafting. Combat is fun, tho. It takes from 20 to 60 hours to finish, so patience is a must.

Damn, Two Worlds 2.
The first time I played it, I literally caused genocide among humanoid wolves (Warns? Wargs? Don't remember) and by the moment I entered the first big city I had somewhere around 150 big wolf hearts which restored 1000 immediately if turned into potions. Up to the last 1/3 it was a cakewalk, and then I found out that I fucked up my leveling and, basically, hearts wouldn't help me survive OHK.

Good times. Thanks for reminding me, user.

Honestly I have yet to beat it, I need to hunker down and really commit to it

How long are you in?
Where exactly?

Not very far in DESU, but I find it enjoyable, only about 20 hours in

Do not hunker down. It is a really fucking long and big game, even though the northernmost island is multiplayer only and you get only the southern coast in singleplayer.

You might get burn out pretty quickly by the end, be careful. I hope spoiler works.

This is like the third thread in two days. Is this garbage currently on sale or something?

Oh fuck don't read the upper one, spoiler didn't work.

Either way, you can actually swim anywhere by yourself or in a boat. See that small island in the middle of the map? You can actually get there. There is some nice gear and high-level enemies.

>just started Two Worlds 2 (been in my backlog forever)
>mfw this cute orc chick

Attached: 1521238577969.gif (297x202, 1.21M)

it's a great game

Oh ok so it's just one autist trying to start a meme on Yea Forums again, got it.

it's one of the few ARPGs with good combat which is not a small thing because A stands for action

user from RI where 38 Studios was based. The best memory I have about Kingdoms of Amalur was reading a news article where it said Curt Schilling gave the state 1mil dollars. "That's very nice of him" I thought. Then I read it was because he owed us 40mil from when Amalur bombed. It killed any chance of a video game industry in the state. The worst thing is that the game really isn't that bad. It was just massively over budgeted, and was very expensive for a new ip from a new studio. It flopped hard because it had to compete with skyrim as the fantasy RPG of 2012. There was a big debate in my high school about which one people should buy - Skyrim or Amalur. You can probably guess which one won.

Eheh. If enough people there played it to have actual conversations about it, Rhode Island was probably responsible for a large chunk of sales.

>it's one of the few ARPGs with good combat
Its literally just mash buttons to win, its not even good combat within its own genre

Attached: giphy.gif (300x288, 1.78M)

To be fair, it's better than most, but I wouldn't call it top tier or anything.

It deserved to bomb for the artstyle alone. Releasing this WoW gayness in fucking 2012. Skyrim, Witcher, Dragon's Dogma, people wanted more gritty realistic shit

It was visually better than, for example, skyrim. But yeah, technically, all that pause combos didn' mean much, mashin was effective as ever.

Its a single play MMO

thats not fun at all