GTA IV

Playing this for the first time. What am I in for?

Attached: gta-4-57bc43f75f9b58cdfd1c0773.jpg (768x512, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dmxTqfphL6E
gtainside.com/en/gta4/mods/51935-assassination-mod-v1-0/download/
youtube.com/watch?v=jDy442iafbw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ve9Y-dl40sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6rPt__urS3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SOUL

Drive up to the nearest swingset

Worthless without the 2 DLCs that come with it as well.

What system?

bowling with cousin roman

complete edition on steam

A no fun allowed pile of cringe

why so late ? mommy didn t allow you to buy 18+ games ?

honestly one of my favorite games ever. comfy as fuck. physics were great. atmosphere was there. graphics sucked

Copious amounts of distracting z-fighting if you're on PC.

zoomer

Game of the 2000s

It's not worth playing since they got rid of the best songs on the radio. Get a downgrade version

Isn't the pc version still horribly optimized

A diminished experience after they got rid of half the music

most awful colour palette even put into gaming. It looks kinda okay at some time of the day, but mostly it's just shit shaded grey.
Just a random example:
youtube.com/watch?v=dmxTqfphL6E

Can't you have custom music like in SA on the pc?
A much better story than V. Niko and Louis are very compelling and interesting characters. Johnny is a badass at least. IV's story is very grounded and the missions can be repetitive but the DLC's fix that. Regardless, IV probably has my favorite overall story in GTA. It's so bleak and the copious amounts of grey and dark colors in the game really set the atmosphere. Also find a mod that disables your friends calling you to do stupid shit. That is annoying.

>Also find a mod that disables your friends calling you to do stupid shit. That is annoying.
You can just put your phone on silent in-game to avoid that

Wow I forgot about that. It's been like 8 years since I played it. It doesn't disable story stuff?

Actually I just realised it does also disable mission stuff, so maybe not the best idea after all. What I always did was just accept the friend's invitation and then call them again to cancel, allowing you to get out of doing it without losing any friendship points

A really shit game that gets overrated by zoomers who played it as their first GTA.

bowling

a gta game

Don't grow fond of your first gf.

all the music was modded back in the same day the patch went out that removed it.

That's the opposite of what he's in for. GTA IV is the least GTA game in the series.

And that's a good thing!

You are in for a boring GTA experience.
4 was such a not fun game that I still haven't played 5.

Just play Grand Theft Auto 5 Online

One of the greatest games of all time, but be prepared for zoomers on here to tell you it sucks and that V is good, which it isn't.

The most boring game in the series.

Not the worst though. If only, it's worth trying for physics.

Attached: 1555301394933.jpg (1215x2160, 498K)

slav kino

The worst one in the entire series yes even worse than 5, DLC's are good though but not worth playing the main game to get context. If anything just play Faggot Tony and be done with it

Least GTA game, what?
>cutscene with some wacky characters setting up the mission
>drive across the map while side character babbles non-stop into your ear the whole time
>arrive to mission, shoot some bad guys, drive back
That's literally 95% of the game, except with less variety than GTA5

GTA: K(ino)

It's okay, little zoom zoom, we get that you've only played 4 and 5. Hush now, the adults are talking.

"my first gta was SA" the post. gta4 goes back to the roots its literally like a remake of 3.

driving and overall physics is good, but car space is limited
niko has some really fun combat moves like selectively stabbing people in the face or body
a lot of fun stuff from the previous games is gone
way too many tutorial missions that waste most of the first island
it was an okay game but it just leaves you wanting more and wondering what could have been.

In that case, be prepared for poor performance. It's a shame, but even today, the game runs like hot garbage.

I really want to play it again, so unless it's changed, I'll have to go without for now.

Surprisingly amazing graphics for the time. Don't try to max it unless you have a great pc. It was unoptomized yes, but it also had incredibly high scaling options.

The game runs fine as long as you don't put the sliders above 40.
The engine was not designed for that, and they were set at 20-25 or something like that for the console version.

A very good game that gets overrated and overhated at the same time.

Also fuck all V niggers.

LEL I fking loved this little glitch

Oh also, make sure you bump I believe saturation under display settings, otherwise the game is pretty washed out. And theres some definition setting you either need to turn on or off, it makes shit super blurry.

>always wanted to run the photo realistic mods at high fps
>over 7 years later still runs at 15fps
it hurts

Was it any swing? I always did it on particular set in firefly iirc. Also I could never do it by grabbing onto it out of the car but apparently it sends you ages away.

Game REALLY doesnt pick up until Alderney.
Bohans fucking boring
Broker is the tutorial island and has nothing interesting.
Algonquin is cool, but doesnt have any really good missions there, the museum mission is probably the highlight of that area.

You'd be much better off playing through Ballad of Gay Tony and skipping 4 and Lost and the Damned.
BoGT has the best mix of older and new GTA games, it has the grounded atmosphere of GTA 4 with the wackiness of GTA VC and SA

Those driving physics were the worst in the series, you fucking zoomer fag.

Pleb status: filtered

driving physics are actually the best in the series.

DLCs are both shit

both your testicles are shit

You'll be in for the best physics of any GTA, as well as the best story of any GTA. Made me feel like I was inside a movie.

alot of good Gameplay

are you kidding me? thats 100% soul, comfiest GTA ever

The best driving physics of any GTA game.

good characters wasted on bloated rockstar open world which has since never been improved

Not the guy but
>soul
>comfy
are meaningless buzzwords and don't even apply to what he said. I love the game but I have to agree with him. The drab color palette is an actual flaw or rather a symptom of the period the game came out.

if you are not the guy then fuck off

Don't you dare using that tone with me, young man!

do you suck your daddy's dick with that mouth?

>bump up saturation
>everything looks great
You niggers have no right to complain that the game has no colour.

boredom

Some people just don't have the time to play every single game out there, user. Don't be mean.

GTA:O is the ultimate gaming experience so why bother?

this, i still grind crates all day every day

The ultimate running over jews in an SUV simulator
I've never had this much fun in a game before

It's okay, I enjoyed it. The cool thing is there is no censorship. There will be white people explicitly saying "nigger".

ZOOM ZOOM

Inserting spaces before punctuation marks is incorrect. Seems like someone is projecting with his age.

10 hours of great game and 200 hours of errand/relationship simulation

Woah, just like real life!

>all those contrarian faggots ITT
it is a great game. second best in the series

>GTA IV worst driving physics
>zoomer opinion
Something doesn't add up

its only the wops and irish saying nigger and neither of those are white.

The game is over 11 years old

Isn't that ayymd specific?
It still happens on nvidia but nowhere near as bad as I've seen on other people's videos

dont be such a fucking retard then

After Vice City the best GTA.
Optimise it through Nvidia Configuration or similar program, there are guides. Makes it run 100x better. On your first play trough there isn't a reason to mod it, unless you're one of those fags that can't stand the driving. I played through it again a little while back with this mod:
gtainside.com/en/gta4/mods/51935-assassination-mod-v1-0/download/
Really lightweight but adds some pretty good random 'hitman' missions.

Also if you can handle it; ICE Enhancer. My pc is nowhere beefy enough but I always wanted to try it.

downgrade/crack, get music back. i'm sorry you bought it on steam.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.64M)

Yeah this sucks, like other GTA's. But at least there's Independence FM, where you can add your own songs. In GTA5 this made the game stutter ever so slightly for me, but in 4 it works fine.

I love 3VCSA, but the truth is that every street corner in GTA4 oozes more soul than every other GTA put together.

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 661K)

>driving and physics is good
NOPE LMAO
Expect a pretty but janky game OP it has some really annoying things like FUCKING TOLLBOOTHS and characters constantly bothering you outside of missions. Not terrible but def some gen 7 growing pains.

in 5 turn off the auto music search or w/e it is. that should stop the stutter

This is so true, I would wander around aimlessly just on the sidewalk and look aroud bumping into peds, picking up their coffee and throwing it at them. I compare it to the first AC, which if you compare it to the rest has infinite more soul in the world and mechanics itself.

Best outfit coming through

cool, thanks

Attached: slav.jpg (480x270, 15K)

Shit still doesn't run properly on an 8700k and 2080

why u being an asshole man

>just buy shark cards GOYIM

Terrible "Serbian" voice acting.

Four leaf clover was a good mission , the last biker mission was hoggaloggin aswell

Your PC is more than good enough for GTA4, but it sounds like you're too dumb to use a PC anyway. Maybe you should stick to consoles

>tfw never played a HD era GTA
Am I missing out?

Gritty bleak dirty stains thats gta iv its the only gta to actually be basically real in every way cars handle just like in real life guns bullets all act like they do in real life people move and fall like in real life prepare to play real life user shits about to get real

BHECK EEN DI CZHOLD KANTREE

Prepare for ptsd from phonecalls from your cousin about bowling

Yes. Go play GTA4, Ballad of Gay Tony and GTAV.

Lost and Damned sucks though.

youtube.com/watch?v=jDy442iafbw

You will squint at the screen and cry out there is no way this is not real it simulates real life so well you will think you are in a game looking out into the real world

One of the most divisive games on Yea Forums. People that love it are probably a little clouded with nostalgia, the people that hate it are probably a little contrarian but definitely have some decent points.
>Runs like shit on PC
True, but with a little tweaking in configuration I can run it smoothly with mid-high graphics on my GTX750
>Car handling
True, I loved it when I first played because of how realistic it 'felt' to me. But playing it recently I can definitely notice it's flaws. I still like it way more than GTA5 though, not even counting the damage physics.
>Combat
One of the few things GTA 5 actually improved on, instead of taking a step backwards. Pretty stiff.
>Friend system
Can feel forced. On my first playtrough I enjoyed it, going to the theater etc. But on my recent playtrough I ignored it all together.

I am definitely in the nostalgia camp. I was 12-13 when it just came out and was the first next-gen game I played, coming from PS2. It blew my fucking mind and I still very much enjoy playing it. GTA5 is a soulless piece of shit compared to 4

Attached: contemplate.png (127x177, 53K)

Do NOT make the deal.

This most importantly. Also when you get a choice to kill someone, let them live if you want extra stranger missions. When you have to pick between two niggers, pick the asshole. There is one 'choice kill' I always kill and it's late in the game; the only kill that doesn't matter gameplay wise though.

A solid GTA, but in my mind the weakest of the series. They traded all the soul of the 3D Era for "realism" and a "deep, serious plot". Also, money becomes entirely worthless about a quarter into the game

a decent game whose discussion has been ruined by le reddit boomzoom man

>le reddit boomzoom man
Literally WHOM?

OK.

You'll probably find something good in each.

fpbp

Attached: 2019-01-05 (7).jpg (3840x2160, 797K)

Good to know.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve9Y-dl40sQ

Attached: SOUL.png (1920x1200, 2.4M)

liberty city from GTA IV have more soul than los santos from GTA V

IMO
and the game aged well, graphics and blur are neat and comfy

based retard

Russian gta

>he can't powerslide around corners like a fucking champ
I'd always be on the look out for classic american muscle cars and rip the tyres to shreds

>Hail cab after meeting Packie for drinks
>drives over the Broker Bridge
>It's midnight and the rain is pouring down
>This comes on
youtube.com/watch?v=6rPt__urS3U

Only good GTA game.

Been playing TLaD and I love it. Peak comfy for me. There's something really great about riding through liberty city with your bros.

Attached: gta_lost2.jpg (500x281, 94K)