Go to round1 because no arcades are near me

>go to round1 because no arcades are near me
>normies all over the DDR machines and the light gun stuff
>ok whatever
>they have initial D stage 8(?), mario kart Arcade, and some big rigs racer off to another part
>select the beginner/level 1 stage for each game to get the flow of it, how to play it
>have some trouble, but manage to place first in all 3 games
>rankings show up, the next screen says game over
>you literally have to pay to continue to play even after succeeding

this is why arcades are dying. There is no user validation for being good, its all just paypaypay with those shitty inflated card credits and shitty claw machines

fuck you Japan

Attached: 1535002651995.png (480x360, 212K)

What did you think an arcade was? You can't just pop a quarter and play forever based off skill.
Now, pinball, pinball rewards skill. If you're intermediate you can start racking up free games for days off of easy boards.
God I fucking love pinball.

imagine playing outrun and having to feed a credit after each checkpoint

this is horseshit

Yeah that's an arcade game. They're supposed the eat your money.
If I've ever wanted to "beat" an arcade game it's always taken about $10 worth of quarters. You do get a unique sense of domination when you conquest a cabinet though, totally worth it.

after you DIE its supposed to take your money

whats the point of playing if you have to spend money regardless of your success in the game?

t. never played an arcade game

Nigga what? I was at an arcade five days ago.

>visit Vortex Arcade in Little Rock
>you pay 10 at the door and all games are unlimited play until you leave
>wall of CRTs with retro consoles with huge cabinets full of physical copies of games as well

cool place, all arcades should be pay at the door with unlimited plays on cabs

ah-bloo-bloo

t. Round1 shareholder

>You can't just pop a quarter and play forever based off skill.
Yes actually, you can.

>this is why arcades are dying. There is no user validation for being good
They're dying because the average console shits on arcade machines and I don't have to go to the local mall to play it.
They can make a resurgence if they start investing into multiplayer VR but I'm not going to play the garbage they currently have when I can do it at home.

All those drivan games like Initial D/Mario Kart/Wangan are a one full race thing user since there's a progression thing to save your progress/car upgrades. However in VS mode for those games you can stay on and keep playing if you are the winner.

>go to arcade
>little nigglet in the way playing on the machine with no credits in it

every time

>They're dying because the average console shits on arcade machines
Not OP but you are quite very much incorrect on this. Especially the boards using Taito Type X hardware which are literally a desktop PC hardware in some cases.

but only the X4 is even remotely close to current hardware

Attached: 1534119224360.png (569x607, 33K)

There should be more pinball threads around here. Shit's so good.

It's just hard to talk about pinball
>Wow, pinball!
>Indeed, it's so pure that you don't even need to discuss it because it is that self explanatory

this. Arcades originally let you play games that were prettier and more innovative than anything else out there. Why the fuck would I spend time in an arcade when the only game I cant play at my house and get the full experience is Initial D?

>there are people over 30 that still post here
OHNONONONONO HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 3b2.gif (200x154, 935K)

>take part in a thing
>new people come to thing
>OLD PEOPLE GET OUT
>*try to claim thing as their own*

fuck yourself, kid

Yeah and it's better than the average console hardware and all those boards can be upgraded for additional RAM, storage or even change out CPU's based on the architecture of the board. Like I said it's literally desktop PC hardware.

Don't seeth so hard boomie, you might go into cardiac arrest

Attached: kiss my ass.gif (376x340, 647K)

I like Final fantasy TheaterRythm all star carnival, anyone else play that? I've probably put like 500 dollars into that machine.

Don't you have some Tide Pods™ to eat?

please answer

Does that not have a console version?