GBA SP or Micro?

Micro is expensive as fuck in my cunt, is SP any good? I already have the original GBA but don't wanna mod it, just thinking of getting sp or micro. Micro seems small, but i think sp has worse from factor, i played my friend's one as a kid and would probably hate holding it in hands today. And hinge seems kinda unstable, i'm into clamshell design.

Attached: 200px-Micro.png (200x243, 83K)

I have all three. Not a 101 SP though, that being said a modded original is the best aside from having to buy batteries. Micro I think is a close second, it's small but you get used to it and has the best screen. The OG just has the best form factor by far and you can play GB/GBC too

sp is fantastic but buy a replacement battery. It's so worth it for the bigger size since it can still fit in your pocket / whatever spare pouch in your bag.

SP makes my hands numb
Get a New 3DS, hack it, and buy a controller grip for maximum comfy. Be sure to hold start when booting up GB/GBC/GBA games.

Having just bought both a micro and sp, they're both great.
The ability to sleep a game at will with the sp gives it a massive edge while commuting.
I recently got an ez flash omega and you can add a sleep hot key to any game, but it'll demolish the already tiny battery of the micro.

I have a new 3ds, i have 2ds, ds and dsi, that's why i was thinking of buying second gba. And i'm not a huge fan of injected gba games, wanna play it the true way.
Does sleep mode work on every game?
>best screen
How so?

Post obscure fun gba games
pic related, currently playing

Attached: kuru.png (768x512, 74K)

if you have an ez flash omega, you can load the sleep hot key into every game.
Otherwise, only the sp can do it with everything.

>And i'm not a huge fan of injected gba games
I would assume because they look shitty and blurry?
that's where holding start while booting comes in, it forces native resolution

i'm almost certain this is false
i own an SP, i could try it out but I just remember that the game needs to have an actually sleep option for it to sleep. otherwise you're just closing the lid for no reason.

>otherwise you're just closing the lid for no reason.
That's what i thought it did, what's the point of the clamshell deisgn even?

ok yeah i just closed the lid on Mario 3 and the music still plays so that's bullshit

Micro can’t play gb or gbc games so it’s gimped

Well after the SP came out a lot more games added sleep options
+ clamshell design was mostly for pocketability and screen protection

Micros aren't too bad, but outside of size, the SP with a 101 screen is better, if you can handle the form factor. But an OG GBA with the 101 Screen Mod is absolutely king, and not particularly difficult to do yourself.

Though I recommend buying the parts for the 101 mod soon, since no one knows when the Chinese reprints will stop producing the screen, or get tariffed to fuck.

Any site i could buy them? Is it easy to do.

Retro Modding has them, but they can be a bit pricey. I got mine from an ebay mod shop called God of Gaming.

You'll need a few things like a Triwing screwdriver and an XACTO knife to cut parts of the interior plastic to fit the screen, then depending on your motherboard, you'll need a 32-pin adapater or 40-pin adapter. You also need to solder a wire to a resistor, but that's only if you want a slightly brighter screen.

The process is pretty well documented online, and some Tubers have made pretty detailed tutorials, if you'd like an active visual guide.

With a flash card it can.

Get a vita, D-pad is amazing, plays gameboy games great with RetroArch

sp what are you a fucking casual

I really like my micro. Small screen yes but at that size everything is super crisp.
Mind you I rescued it and I wouldn't pay the ridiculous prices people ask for them. If you could get your hands on one of the proper backlit SPs though that would be tempting.

I had a vita, it's a piece of shit. You might as well say just buy a psp, cause psp could do that as well.

wut? The vita is the comfiest handheld I've ever held next to the Neo Geo Pocket. The Dpad and screen are amazing.

Fuck off, you didn't buy it on start thinking it would be psp tier, psp was my favourite handhedl/media device. Comfy my ass, what exactly is comfy? That android like menu? Screen was nice on the first one that i had with 3g (that barely did anything, that 3g btw), but i broke mine and sony took my money at the service centre and switched it for the "slim" vita without the 3g with a shitty psp like display. D pad is nice, but too clicky.

Also, soul sacrifice is probably the only game that i really liked that wasn't ported, online is dead anyways.

So you broke yours so you hate it? The clicky dpad is what people like. That's the reason it's so good. It's thick so it's easy to grab, the button placement is fantastic (it's even easy to reach over and hit things on the touch screen with your thumbs), the OLED screen on the original model was excellent; it's a fantastic console, especially for emulation.

The only con is it's pretty fuckhuge. Smaller than a Switch though.

>hate it
Read it more carefully, "mate", that's not the reason i hate it, i hate it cause the console is a piece of shit with no games.
And emulation is not perfect, now really, what can vita do in terms of emulation that psp cannot?