Dragon Quest Builders 2

This is gonna be the sleeper hit of the year. This game is just too fucking hard to put down. Sad no one is taking about it.

Attached: IMG_20190717_005532.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

whats so good about the game
sell me on it
is it a grindy game? is it like minecraft (aimless craft game) or is there an actual end goal?

It's like stardew Valley, minecraft and terraria had a baby. Everything you do is for completing assigned tasks, and you get rewards that allow you to do more. The mechanics unlock as you play so it's not aimless crafting til the end when you learned enough to do just that. It's mostly explore and solve logical problems.

They are biased to PS4 so they made it better for Sony. It would be much better if it was better for the Nintendo switch. Thank you.

Had to give sonyfags something since they're getting worked over with XI...

I can't stand Toriyama's artstyle. Just looking at that OP image makes me want to hurl.

How is it better besides graphically?

Nincel cope

The FPS is much better on the PS4. I understand that the console is more capable than the Switch, but it is clear that the game was made to intentionally please PS4 fans. Sony is afraid and likely spent much money to make this happen. Thank you.

Played the demo, which was lackluster at best, does it actually get good? Oh and does your NPC buddy learn to get the fuck out of your way when you're trying to build something?

That's it?
Of course it's gonna be better on the PS4.

A car is faster than a bike, you know.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of it. How do I get the pumpkin helmet though? I'm just getting to Khumbral-Dum, did I miss something in Furrowfield?

It is not a question of superiority - we both know a car is better than a bike. But we also both know a car and a bike should be able to travel down a street with no issue.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is not a race track, it is a children's playground in a small park. Thank you.

If both are carrying the same heavy load, the bike will get there hella late and slow though. Will probably break down along the way.

You are right. The bike and the car have different carrying capacities.

The question becomes how heavy is the load. DQ Builders is simply not a heavy load.

Thank you.

>Sad no one is taking about it.
Maybe if they released it on PC where the audience for this type of games are

Clearly too heavy for the bike

Apparently, it is.

Maybe PS4 is just better than Switch?

It is indeed. Because they are biased towards Sony. Thank you.

enough with your shitty metaphors just tell me straight up whether or not the fps on the switch really is unplayable like people are saying

More like a game the Switch can barely handle the PS4 has no trouble with

From watching a Jap play through the game, it's 30fps with drops pretty far down. If you build too much shit you are going to see a hit to your fps. Sometimes too many enemies will cause drops too

not throwing hate but what made you want to have a trip? for what reason?

Don't remember. It's been 10+ years.

why not take it off then? its its completely pointless

Don't wanna.

okay

Not them even though they have a point, imo but I totally dig how you say Thank you.

Thanks bud.

Please let me revive Pastor Al.

I like bunnies.

Attached: Bulma2.jpg (277x332, 70K)

I initially liked Dragon Quest Builders 1, but got bored of it about 40 hours in. How much of an improvement is this one? I'd buy it if the game ended up being much much better than the first.

Because he's an attention whore. Has been that way for years.

based ResetEra falseflagger

>Al dies
why

I picked it up on a whim today and I've been having a load of fun, don't know how much longer that is going to last though, I can see myself getting extremely frustrated trying to build massive projects with a controller. It's wonky trying to stack 3 blocks let alone build an entire village.

>rumble on full fucking blast
>text is stupidly small with no options to make it bigger
>that narration text stays on the screen too damn long for no reason
>frame rate issues with zero options to lower resolution
>especially on TV mode which would run infinitely better at 720p
>when Builders 1 had zero of these issues
>game came out over half a year ago without ANY of this ironed out
>but they had time to shit out DLC
I'm honestly pretty pissed about how lazy this turned out considering how perfectly Builders 1 on Switch turned out. What the fuck happened here.

I'm interested now. Can I just jump into 2 or is 1 recommended?

You already have it just use an armoir which you’ll build shortly.

Bought the Switch version because all my friends are playing it on the switch, but fuck the FPS dips are very noticeable.

Still a very enjoyable game but the lingering feel I got the inferior version is there. Atleast I can play with friends right? lmao

Was gonna pirate it on Switch but I've heard the frame rate is garbage so I guess I'll wait for it to be heavily discounted on PS4. That's one form of anti-piracy, I guess.

Play DQ1 and 2 first, then builder

This is my first builders game and I'm having a blast. Feel free to dive into 2, I'm not missing much. Its a completely different story I think.

>Dragon Quest Builders 2

Can you build villages for Monsters or are villages only for Humans?

Monsters join your village

it's been out for like less than a week goddamn use the tags

>I can't stand Toriyama's artstyle.
Just off yourself, my man. Little to no one is going to agree with you.

should I check the first game?

Is there a lot of content? I am discouraged in investing by the small file size.

how integral is multiplayer to the fun?

>I initially liked Dragon Quest Builders 1, but got bored of it about 40 hours in. How much of an improvement is this one? I'd buy it if the game ended up being much much better than the first.
It improves on everything the first game did wrong.

>Monsters join your village

Can they join your party?

Anyone else think Khrumbul-Dun is nowhere near as good as Furrowfield? The characters are very lacking here.

>just tell me straight up whether or not the fps on the switch really is unplayable like people are saying
I don't know what idiots you are listening to but they are fuckign wrong. There is a demo available on Switch and I experienced 0 frame rate issues. Sure you're not mistaking the complaints with Bloodstained?

should i play the first one or just get this one?

Not at all. Multiplayer actually kind of sucks desu.

Limited to your home island, you don't even see the same monster spawns. Only thing it came in clutch for was having a friend come to my island to help me set up some buildings.

I was hoping for more quest/adventure opportunities.

>Building Bab's room
>Can't complete it because I can't assign the room to her due to being outside the town limits by literally 1 block
>Tear it down and squeeze it in which makes it look awkward
>This gives me enough hearts to level up village
>Village perimeter expands
The shit I have to do for these pun loving Aussies
I don't know how file size works, but I'm assuming because most the assets in the game are simple 1x1 cubes with a texture slapped on it takes less space. I have put in a lot of time already and barely started the 2nd island. I have barely touched my main island either which is the one you're given to build for your shenanigans and multiplayer.

Attached: 1562733464208.png (408x397, 326K)

im loving the game but im kinda pissed at how fucking lazy this port is
well now at least i know not to buy anything square enix is involved with on switch anymore. this is legitimately one of the worst ports ive played. i seriously hope whoever received a paycheck for being involved in making this game run on the switch loses their job.
names pretty much all the issues. like why is the rumble so bad? why are there no text options? why run it so poorly at a high resolution? why not lock the framerate to 30?
it isnt unplayable but it's pretty damn disappointing. if portability isnt a huge factor and you have a ps4, get it on ps4.
fag. your opinion vs people who have the full game
frame drops are extremely common. id say the game averages around 27 and can go as low as 19/18 in the busiest areas. the beginning of the game has no real issues, and you really dont see anything significantly bad until like halfway through furrowfield, and after that it just gets worse and worse
get this one and skip the first. theres almost no reason to play the first.

Anyone else completely fuck up the desert dungeon by bombing your way around the locked doors?

Is it playable on switch? There's a lot of console wars shitposting but I'm curious if it's really unplayable.

Ah dont define your interests by limiting yourself to playing all the installments in a row. Youll be stuck with feelings of knowing there is a better version of the game available and feeling bad for not appreciating the original installment

It's playable but goddamn does it chug in some areas and instances. I notice it.

If switch is your only option, its worth it, but if you have the ability to play it on ps4, it is the superior version.

I have it on my switch for work and couch potato'ing. Haven't noticed any big slowdowns except when I was blowing crap up and had hundreds of blocks raining. I assume if I had a bunch of items that use fire like torches it'd probably do the same. What I notice the most though is the battery drains fast and the initial load up for the game is slow.

Miss me with that weeb shit. *dabs*

Attached: minecraft-dab-png-13.png (332x400, 68K)

It's obviously just shitposting how can you not tell

unironically my GOTY so far, just about to finish second island.

Can't stop playing it too much fun.

No but that sounds smart

I have the first game but never really got around to play it, should I give it another try? I know this thread is about the sequel, but is game 1 also fun?

Attached: 1483893976264.png (314x278, 129K)

Holy shit was that farm level long as fuck. Maybe because I did side shit but still, I thought it was already over but I forgot that was just island 1 and not even a quarter of the map.

I only wish the combat was a bit more better but you are a builder, not a fighter, so it makes sense.

I haven't gotten far into 2 yet but 1 was the best thing I played all year. I loved the shit out of it.

Likely do we remind him not to ntr his waifu Chat.

why isnt it split screen

I'd like to play it, but i am in Japan right now and did not bring my PS4. Is it worth paying full price for?

babs a slut

Shut the fuck up Onsokumaru

i'm near the end of chapter 2 and let me tell you it doesn't get any shorter.
Speaking of story islands, how many are there? i'd guess 4 but i could be wrong.
Still, not being half way done and with post game content, it will keep me occupied for a while.

>solve logical problems
Like a puzzle game? I hate puzzle games.

>Cook Potato and wheat
>Makes saucy spaghetti

Attached: 1555466740800.png (1765x885, 1.57M)

It's a fucking building game with tiny models, not an action game of any type. You will be staring at tiny blocks and small models for 99% of the game. If you plan on building massive skyscraper cities and have to defend yourself from some huge monster wave then yeah, it'll lag the fuck out of the Switch. Just pick whatever version caters most to your autism.

I'd really like to play it but if I get it on PS4 or Switch, I know I'll drop it after 3 or 4 hours. I really need it on PC if I'm gonna dig into it.

Should I buy it now or wait for the DLCs? They come in 1 - 3 weeks.

The question is if there is anything to talk about?

I didn't even knew it was out

But the car is expensive and polutes the air.
Needs fuel and kills insects, animals and sometimes people.

>About 40 hours
Honestly that isnt a bad cost ratio. Only the less replayability might tear that down.

Should the first game be played first or does it not matter?

doesn't matter and 2 is way better than the first.

I platinum'd it and thinking about getting it for Switch when I'm done with 2. You will notice QoL improvements but it's still a solid game.

Do I lose all my shit in between worlds like the last game?

I hated the food system in the first one. Had they improved it?

first time you go to a story island you start from scratch, once you complete the chapter you can go back anytime with all your materials.

So just like the last. I'm out. No thank you.

It's still there, not sure how you would improve it, tho i've never been bothered by it, there's plenty of food.

Believe me i didn't find the first one fun, i tried to play it twice or thrice and it never clicked.
With DQB2, everything is much more engaging and i cannot put it down, the game is way more well put together.

It's the first time I fucked up my sleep schedule to play a video game this year, so that's my endorsement.

Attached: IMG_20190717_001746.jpg (1920x1080, 335K)

How the fuck do I unlock the chest in the underwater ocean cave during Chapter 3?

Actually, the games are identical and both run at 1080p, which is the problem. They should of just kept the resolution at 720p for the switch like the first game. The fact that we cannot change it sucks.

More like the sleeper shit

The switch is fine until you hit moonbrooke then the game takes a massive FPS shit and you're constantly playing at sub 20 FPS. Its playable but god damn is it fucking painful.

because the switch version runs like shit
and the other option is giving money to sony

Seriously what the fuck are they doing with this? If it ran 720p this wouldn't be a problem

Like 99% of switch games run on a variable resolution, which would have solved this games performance problems but this doesn't. Why?

To the people complaining about framerate on switch, consider this.

When was the last time you closed the software and booted it up again? I had some really fucky weirdness that made me want to reboot my console and as soon as I did the framerate smoothed out quite a lot. I think Squeenix are just shit at optimization because there is a clear memory leak.

Attached: IMG_20190312_081155.jpg (400x400, 20K)

IS MULTIPLAYER GOOD OR SHIT

It's shit breh

>A car is faster than a bike, you know.
When's the last time your car went 296km/h?

Just found out you can pretty much double jump with the glider. Just start gliding and immediately press the attack button for a ground slam. You gain a lot of height during the attack animation and you can easily climb cliffs like this. It's great.

>To the people who ×

Now THIS is reddit posting

Minecraft with missions

>Squeenix
>Developed the game

It's fucking Omega farce that made the second game.

imagine still playing this pathetic nongame

Autism

I just started playing the game in handheld mode, while the game is now hard to look at because the screen is so tiny, running in 720p drastically improved the frames. Good lord this is so much better.

>both dragon quest builders are console exclusive
That's a shame, I really wanted to play them.

>Managed to kill 2 little metal slimes in the mining town
>No recipes earned from it
Oh okay.

Is sandbox still locked behind the story mode? Total bull that in 1 you can even have fun in sansbox unless you beat the game.

Dunno but there's a main island you have. You do story islands and bring new resources/people back to the main island.
There's also big non-story islands that unlock infinite resources such as wood.

So far I was asked to make some grass and forest on the main island as well as a river, no buildings. Once those were done it gave me a long list of some long-term goals. Guess these are just to give the player some ideas and you build as you see fit for the most part?

i want to like this game but ive been playing minecraft too much lately. are the world's randomly generated like Minecraft? Are the worlds infinite like Minecraft?

I got my copy today. Just dicking around in the second island. Had to stop playing cuz work. It is a pretty comfy game.

Apparently it gets bad docked but is still acceptable in handheld mode.

Dqb1 had it so that sandbox was locked behind story mode. First chapter unlocked it but it was only 1 biom so in order to get to the desert you had to beat the next chapter and so forth. It was really stupid cause it locks you out of half the game.

It’s completely fine. There are drops but it doesn’t affect the game. Playing in handheld outweighs any negatives of the port.

how do I make a reception room for the hotel

seconding this

if you want to be spoilered, you need their materials for post-game equipment

I never managed to like minecraft, but with this game not only have I played it all day yesterday but all I can think of today is getting out of work to go back and play it.

Everything about it is better than Minecraft. Actual combat, items, npcd, graphics.

also, how do I get people to milk cows?
I recall one NPC mentioning milk exists as an item, but I have no clue how to get it