Banjo-Kazooie is mediocre

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, Banjo-Kazooie is a mediocre game. I'm currently up to freezyeezy peak but I think I'm done with the game for now. The collecathon gameplay is boring and gets tiring quickly. The Hub World is overly large and easy to get lost in, The Camera will flip from side to side at points which reverses your controls making you need to move in the opposite direction, Comparing this game to other 3D Platformers (SA2 and Mario 64) It's really lacking, It Drags on longer than it really should and it feels overly padded out. I know nostalgiatards will defend this saying
>Z-Zoomer!
>Y-You're bad!!! G-Git Gud
take a look at the game without nostalgia, It didn't age well at all, It's not "One of the best games of all time" as some of you fuckers claim. At best it's a 610.

Attached: 1559866790194.png (550x402, 511K)

Its one of the few n64 games that hasnt aged like shit

>The Hub World is overly large and easy to get lost in
oh, so you're retarded.

How do you manage to go to the mall and not getting lost?

I never enjoyed it, OP. I always thought it was slow and boring.

The only thing I hate about the N64 version is after you die you lose all of your notes and Jinjos in that level

it's one of the few n64 games, period.

I don't give a shit OP.
I'd play them again.
And you ain't gonna stop me.

Attached: 1554406722097.png (471x314, 80K)

>(you)

Tooie is better, but if you can't appreciate a masterpiece like Kazooie, your stupid chimp brain would overload trying to comprehend the pure mastery that Tooie presents. I honestly feel sorry for you. I gift to you a 7, in the hopes that it may point you to a brighter future than the one you're currently heading towards.

Attached: 1562939123051.png (490x549, 439K)

>SA2
Mario 64 is one of the best but after saying SA2 your opinion is just flawed.

Nice 7 retard

boomer here.

never understood the appeal of banjo. the game felt off. I really enjoyed SM64 and OoT, and later even Conker -- but i never could get into Banjo back then or even now.

>SA2
I can understand why someone would prefer Mario 64 over Banjo but you just undermined your entire opinion.
Prostep of the internet: Sonicfags' opinions aren't worth listening to.

I would say its great for its genre, its just in a really really shitty genre.

What made the game work were the SMALLER levels. Tooie and Dong 64 show what can happen when this gets out of hand.

All of these games suffer from the problem of too many collectibles, and it rubbed off on Mario Odyssey unfortunately. Ground pounding a pile of dirt shouldn't yield an identical reward to beating the gorilla who throws fruit

I don't care for it because I simply don't like collectathons. Either the ones made 20 years ago or the ones being made today (i.e. AAA open world games). That's not to say the game is bad by any means. I was also happy to see Banjo get in Smash.

I'll admit I prefer SM64's speed and gameplay to Banjo but jesus christ OP

Attached: mario qpu golf.jpg (896x1344, 810K)

It's an amazing game. I love it.

Attached: 1561152476580.gif (498x371, 384K)

That's your opinion, and in my book you have shit taste.

So yeah. I can put the same shit you typed but all positives (for example: the collectathon gameplay is awesome and never gets you bored), and you will disregard my opinion.

So what's the point of this thread?

Attached: 1563035674138.png (455x748, 463K)

Nah, BK is a legitimate master class in map and particularly camera design. 100%ed it and Tooie last year and if anything I came away with a greater appreciation for them than when I played them in my youth. I'm sorry you're a bad zoomer who's probably just seething about Smash, but it's true.

On the other hand, there has never been a good 3D Sonic game.

Attached: 1560288837240.png (800x800, 38K)

>SA2
>better than Banjo-Kazooie
That's funny, retard. I love SA2, too.

No I'm glad we got Banjo over Refusteve, doesn't mean I have to think the games are Perfect

The jiggies are too plentiful and therefore worthless compared to the stars in SM64.

it makes no sense

Only shitty part of that game is the god awful gameshow segment that tries to be "cute and quirky." Just fuck off and let me play my PLATFORMING COLLECTHATON GAME in peace.

Kazooie, despite its glaring flaws, was at the very least a great tech demo that laid the foundation for what would become Tooie. Without Kazooie's missteps we never would've had the refined pure product that is Tooie.

Attached: cunning_elf_by_samarskiy_da6oqt6-250t.jpg (413x250, 12K)

That's okay, it's not for everyone. Don't worry about it.

He can’t even dab right.

You've gotta be up for collectathons if you're to enjoy Banjo games. That's just how it was back then and honestly it's my favorite collectathon just for how compact its worlds were.

BK has less jiggies than SM64 has stars. The difference is BK doesn't boot you back to the hub each time you get a jiggy. Funnily enough, Super Mario Odyssey is basically just SM64 adopting that design philosophy, for better or worse. That's a case of "What if BK had 1,000 jiggies instead of 100?".

you sound like a faggot

Dude, what. Tooie is very different, sure, but missteps on Kazooie's part? Tooie felt large for the sake of it compared to Kazooie, though the interconnected world design was indeed a nice touch, as was the considerable bump in difficulty. Still, Kazooie is FAR better at getting down to brass tacks with its pacing which gives it a particular strength over Tooie that can be valued in its own right.

Attached: 1543101711749.jpg (640x569, 34K)

Here he is! Here he is, everyone! The Kazooiefag, emerging from his speedrunning streamer Discord server to tell us:
>I-I-I-IT'S TOO BIG!!!!!!!!!!
See you next thread, Bucko.

Attached: 1488975272309.jpg (366x562, 58K)

Rent free

Did you mean to post that in a smashfag thread?

>Funnily enough, Super Mario Odyssey is basically just SM64 adopting that design philosophy
Yes, and it's worse because of it. There are moons in odyssey just laying around just feet away from your ship and they are an equivalent reward to beating the platforming challenges on the dark side of the moon. SM64 boots you out to the hub world to encourage you to not just grind out BOB and then move on to the next world once your done. It says "hey check out the rest of the secrets in the castle" and you can jump back into the level immediately if you wish. it also makes the poser stars feel more important, something that most platformers lack

Banjo Kazooie barely has any platforming elements

it's mostly because the controls and movement are shit.

I don't see how it's worse, it just cuts out the middleman. Yeah, you don't see 8 slightly changed layouts of the same basic course but the actual substance of it all is the same except it flows a little faster.

Prove him wrong Yea Forums, protip you can't

Attached: blocks your path.png (609x512, 60K)

Banjo gets away with it due to its relative lack of dead air in the worlds. The hub is a bit meandering, but even that has a shortcut system in place to mitigate travel tedium. It's kinda hard to walk anywhere in BK and not have a point of interest within eyeshot.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, OP is a mediocre poster. I'm currently up to the third sentences but I think I'm done with the post for now. The diction is boring and gets tiring quickly. The first paragraph is overly large and easy to get lost in, OP's grammar will flip from side to side at points which perverts his arguments making you need to retort in the opposite direction, Comparing this post to other shitposts (have sex and dilate) It's really lacking, It Drags on longer than it really should and it feels overly padded out. I know OP will defend this saying
>G-Grammar Nazi!
>Y-You're dumb!!! R-Reading comprehension
take a look at the post without pedantism, It didn't argue well at all, It's not "One of the best threads of all time" as OP claims. At best it's a "report user for being underage."

bretty gud

>Banjo-Kazooie is mediocre
In other news, water is wet.

Not bad, about a 6/10
:^)

FOUND THE STEVEFAG!

>user hates SOUL

>Why Banjo is bad...Spyro was better

>:^)
back to r/thedonald with you.

As someone who LOVED Conker bad fur day, is banjo going to scratch the same itch I got from it?

its a :^) not a >:^)

>Banjo-Kazooie is mediocre

Attached: 1563162590661.jpg (1488x715, 86K)

I'm both a Spyrofag and BKfag and this guy is just plain retarded. It's like he wanted to say "I can't enjoy the style of this game that's different than Spyro because it's more focused on puzzle and exploration and compromises speed in the process" but instead he decided to form some sort of false observations to try and appear above others' tastes.

Like you've gotta be incredibly clueless to say Banjo-Kazooie is "less focused" and has a "million minigames" in comparison to Spyro when Spyro practically has a mini-game in every single on of its many stages, while its stages' themes change sporadically with no real connection to its overworld. To me Spyro is more action and therefore has many stages but less fleshed out than BK which focuses on expanding is its few levels as much as possible. I like them both for their own styles, but let's not pretend, here.

This is pretty true and noticeable a few times when they try it early in the game like Spiral Mountain and at some pipes with Clanker's Cavern.

Why does banjo have the most insecure fanbase? You don't see crash or spyro fans breaking down over criticisms every second

>smash zoomer bingbing thinks his zoomzoom opinion matters
yikers my dudes

All N64 games have aged like shit. They’re all an eyesore and all have weird controls that you can never feel comfortable using.

>Worse than SA2
At least try to make it look like it's not bait

Mario 64 and Rayman 2 blow it out of the water. Everything about is fine except the movement is so god damn slooooow. What's the fun in traversing big open areas if it doesn't even feel good? I'd say DK64 is a better game if only it didn't have the dumb character switching.

It legitimately needs a remake with all animations sped up by about 25%. Rolling around in Yooka Laylee was more fun than anything in Banjo because muh movement.

Vexx was better

not really, people just hate obnoxious pretentious smash retards thinking their opinion means anything after trying a game just because of smash hype

Crash and Spyro have flaws that are even visible through nostalgia glasses, while Banjo's are so intrinsic to the way the game is designed that zoomers can't see the game existing in any other form.

This is the most based comment in the thread. Good taste, it's a shame more collectathon fans haven't played it

Based

Well there is the talon trot but even then the platforming still isn't that engaging and the only time it was ever challenging was when you'd have to slowly tightrope shit and/or when the camera could easily fuck you over. I enjoyed Tooie was better

Crash = Rayman > Banjo > Spyro

You can't prove me wrong.

Attached: q56s4d564qs56d4.jpg (359x391, 77K)

I love Spyro too man but that's completely disingenuous. Spyro doesn't have huge boost sections, it has enclosed circuits where you run in a circle. 99% of the minigames have nothing to do with the core platforming mechanics, they have you do some wacky bullshit like riding a minecart or flying a plane or playing hockey. 3 introduces FPS segments that are way worse than the ones in Banjo Tooie.

>Exiting the 2spooky world as the pumpkin, travelling to that lonely mauseleum in the forest and finding a switch which raises the water level in the flooded cave area and allows you to explore the dock/ship area you couldn't before

Fuck you OP the lair was great. Isle of Shits wishes it was this good.

Attached: 1_3oJsyFso4Go8fIn7tjD5Aw.gif (500x374, 396K)