I never played the previous two max payne games but fuck, I love the character he is in this game

I never played the previous two max payne games but fuck, I love the character he is in this game.

He constantly drugs himself and takes on the most impossible missions waiting for that one person or thing to kill him but it’s like death is playing a cruel joke on him forcing him to live.

Attached: 5E13603F-A32B-4986-96A2-25179F788E1C.jpg (500x700, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoddXdZxFkI
youtube.com/watch?v=oMQARNxOQ10
youtube.com/watch?v=JSbs4r5eFp4
youtube.com/watch?v=EskJZmaYL10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what a unique and interesting storyline I literally haven't seen in 200 action movies before

Literally me

>I play shooters for story
LMAO

Fuck Rockstar for ruining Max Payne and fuck you all for liking this POS.

>le discount Denzel Washington character
Kys, zoomer

The first two play much better and manage the theme you're describing with tons more writing finesse. The fact that they don't have a AAA budget and photorealistic graphics means the writing and themeing has to carry much more weight and they absolutely kill it.

The writing in this game was so fucking bad. The game itself was alright.

Say what you want about the story but between this game and vanquish, no game ever even remotely comes close to having shooting mechanics as fleshed out and well made as them.

Max Payne has a morealistic feel and the gunfights are unmatched, it forces you to play it out like an actual gunfight, sit too long and cover and enemies rush you down so hard

My favorite scene in the game is the bar fight in Jersey - it makes me wish we had a game with more goons, less big guns and actual bullet counts.

I loved having like 4 rounds in a revolver and having to make every shot count as the idiots ducked for cover behind the pool table.

The story might be whatever but this game had moments that we're undeniably bad ass and even some sweet gruesome shit to boot.

Try hard and edgy sure- but that's how I like my action movies.

MP1 - The best one but it has silly faces
MP2 - Great but not as good as MP1 and you need to play MP1 to "get" MP2.
MP3 - Oddball of the series that replaced the series' gritty noir-style writing with gritty action movie-style writing.

You're totally right about the story / style direction changing from 1 and 2 and 3 had 0 comic book elements which didn't make it feel familiar but I'd argue it wanted to be a departure and not a 3rd game whimpering about his dead family.

Are you lost there little zoomer? How old are you? Whats your address?

>MP3 - Oddball of the series that replaced the series' gritty noir-style writing with gritty action movie-style writing.
More like: Fan-fiction by a dude who has the midlife crisis and is not afraid to implement every painful aspect of it in his work, whether you want it or not.

Does 1 and 2 have shooting as good as 3?

It's better in some ways. MP1 is fast almost like an arena shooter.

Attached: Max Payne 01.19.2017 - 20.03.22.48.webm (640x360, 1.56M)

That's subjective, 1 and 2 had shooting that was not always precise but was very cinematic and satisfying. 3's shooting is more realistic but that comes at the price of slowing gameplay down to a crawl.

Attached: Max Payne 01.19.2017 - 21.36.42.67.webm (1280x720, 1.48M)

It’s on psn like 8 bucks might as well try it out

vs MP3.

MP3 is definitely slower but it has some really interesting levels and fun setpiece moments (the fucking boat jump gives me boners)

Attached: Max Payne 3 01.19.2017 - 17.08.56.13.webm (640x360, 1.62M)

Max Payne 3 may have had great gun play (minus the fact you could only carry 2 sidearms and a two handed firearm)
But it didn't have this
youtube.com/watch?v=CoddXdZxFkI

Max Payne 3, RE5, RE6, Binary Domain, Vanquish, Spec Ops: The Line and Kane And Lynch 2: Dog Days are the best TPS games from last gen.
If you took everything they did well into one game, you'd get the best TPS game of all time.

Why not make an argument I'm not saying I'm god I'm just saying I enjoyed the 3rd game - it's mechanically delicious.

I love shooting hue hue hue gangsters in the fucking face in slow mo.

Spends literal levels in the first two games beating himself up over his family being killed but it's weak when he's whiny and self destructive in the third game.

MP3 is no less noir than the first two games. Just because it isn't night all the time, the story didnt become happy fun time ride.

Max is balls deep in a completely different situation, where not only the place is a fuck full of mobsters, for most of the game he's shooting poor kids who happily slaughter and kidnap just to get some cash going. Compared to 1 and 2, where Police is a force of nature, not good or bad, but an eventuality, in MP3, the police are corrupt psychopaths, so Max cant trust nobody in this fight and, in fact, slaughters his way through Police percinct, a cruel twist of fate.

The politics are worse too, where Woden was just doing ye average high class crime, Branco - without even getting to big leagues - already runs his own holocaust center.

When you realize all of it is just because Rodrigo was stingy with cash, then it dawns how petty this entire situation that put thousands into a grave is. And it's daily business in Brazil, something that no amount of shoot-dodging can fix. Max was lucky, or cursed enough, to get away with all of it after utterly fucking up only because of Da Silva, who himself had to profit from this whole thing.

Disagree about KAL2:DD
Game is shorter than first game. Story is kinda boring, not bad but. Deadmen is more cinematic, story has more sense

Noir doesn't mean "sad" user.

>a genre of crime film or fiction characterized by cynicism, fatalism, and moral ambiguity.

Checks on all three.

Max Payne 3 from a strictly gameplay point simply has to be top 7 at worst in shooters history.

Not one game till this day has gotten gunfights and shooting as well as it. People say it’s slower but it’s purposely like that as max is old with that dad bod, but he’s so experienced in shooting over the years he is like on old sage godtier in shooting. That start of the club mission where he straight tackles the dude through that window and you’re falling in bullet time is a goat moment in gaming

The mankilled someone’s son in a random bar encounter

But the liveleak aesthetics of 2 are one of the most unique and contemporary style choices ever done in a video game, which itself is worth experiencing.

I loved it so much. Then I went back to play the first one and it was okayish but it hasn't aged as well as other games of its time.

I can remember Manhunt with this style which there is done more deeper. The game released in 2003, so there is nothing new and unique in this style.

Wish levels are doable without interruptions.
Whoever thought that tying cutscenes to the loading is a fucking asshole.

Kane and Lynch 2 is absolute dogshit.

>B-but muh aesthetics

Ooooh, shaky cam and grain, amazing!!

Post your favorite song from the max payne 3 soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=oMQARNxOQ10

Attached: 69f (1).jpg (354x286, 25K)

I mean, I don't hate Rockstar. I'm definitely going to get GTA6, but I do miss the days of the late 90's/early 2000's. I feel like that was their golden age.

Even split between
youtube.com/watch?v=JSbs4r5eFp4
and
youtube.com/watch?v=EskJZmaYL10

>I'm definitely going to get this game that is not only not out but doesn't even exist yet by default

I personally liked music when you shoot that guy in mask and big machine gun in Rodrigo's Office.
Also pretty cool moment amd music when Max almost falls off helicopter.
And i guess music in airport is pretty memorable

Shut up Jeremy I know that's you!

Attached: index.jpg (308x164, 13K)