Metal Gear Solid

It's aged well? It´s worth playing it today?

Attached: !!eB(Er!CWM_$(KGrHqIOKpEE0VDsRkP9BNQpM(,kMg___1.jpg (271x266, 30K)

Learn english.

yes
have sex

Learn more than one language.

yeah mechanically it might actually be the best one.

its the only mgs that is worth playing without question

2 is better
Yes, absolutely

Just wait for the remake.

>2 is better
2 fucked with the lore and the canon and it wasn't even that good of an MGS game. 3 was the decent one, but even then it wasn't better than MGS 1. We do not speak of MGS 4 or MGS the Phantom Dumpster Fire

Attached: 1556437317939.gif (197x200, 2.25M)

everything has aged well except the gameplay
it's not terrible, but if you don't want to stomach it just watch a playthrough

Except that 1 is better but 2 is very close. 3 is overrated to heck, only thing that it wins in is the ending.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the gameplay you shitter.

Yup. It doesn't have tedious mechanics nor long drawn out cutscenes like its sequels which makes it incredibly easy to pick up and play. If you can look past its graphics, which I personally still think looks fine, it's an incredibly fun game.

Yes. Or at least as well as a PS1 can age. There's not lip synching so characters just wiggle their heads around while talking in the in-game cutscenes but a lot of the dialogue is done via codec conversations which use 2D animated heads which look a lot better. Basic gameplay is really good because it's for the most part a 2D game design-wise with 3D elements. You wouldn't have to change much to get it working as a top-down 2D game but that isn't a bad thing because the gameplay. for what it is, is solid. 2 other games came out that year, Tenchu and Thief, that actually paved the way forward for how stealth would work in 3D but both games can feel quite clunky to get into these days whereas MGS1 is still really fucking easy to get into (although Thief 2 is still really fucking good and possibly is still the greatest stealth game ever)

I just wish it did a bit more with what it has mechanically. At least we have VR missions for that.

I played it for the first time last year and was blown away by how well its aged. Still looks and plays great. My only major gripes were the endless stairs before the Hind D and having to rewatch an insanely long cutscene in the middle of the final boss fight every attempt.

Still more run to play than 99% of the games released this year. I play through every couple of years still.

Yes and yes, it holds better than a lot of PS1 games especially something like Tomb Raider

>2 fucked with the lore
retard

just play Twin Snakes

Literally play Twin Snakes instead.
Same game but better in every way.
Don't let the Kojima cocksuckers tell you otherwise.

Yes but just under no circumstances play twin snakes, it's fucking garbage.

How? 2 includes everything 1 had and more, like better/more intelligent enemy AI

>It's aged well?
1) Learn basic English
2)Games don't age; it's still the fucking same.

And it's fucking good

>2 is better
neither in lore, gameplay or map design

>changed the literal 10/10 soundtrack to edm garbage
>greatly increased the enemy vision cones while keeping the shoebox sized room layouts so you can get spotted from literally anywhere
>first person aiming LMAO
>ruined all the cutscenes
>Codec crew now have shit-tier voice acting
I hope this is bait, Twin Snakes has aged WORSE visually than MGS1 for the PSX

Attached: 1516634880405.jpg (648x484, 131K)

It's good that the internet gives a voice to retards like yourself who prefer anime garbage like Twin Snakes over one of the greatest games ever made.

Yes. It's good simply on its own but I'd recommend it mostly as a preliminary to MGS2 which is one of the best sequels ever.

>one of the greatest games ever made.
It's literally the exact same fucking game.

>It's literally the exact same fucking game.
>Remake
>Making the game with newer tech
>Botched in its development
>The exact same

No, no

Attached: 1535379676658.jpg (924x560, 59K)

I hope you're pretending to be a moron for replies, user.

Don't listen to this retard. TS added whole bunch of shit that ranges from unnecessary to completely trivializing certain elements of its core gameplay. Imagine watching a classic movie you loved watching growing up then some dumb fucker decides to remake it but crammed The Matrix bullet time slow motion into every scene they could to be "hip".

yes
anyone who thinks it's clunky or archaic is unironically retarded and doesnt understand that the game was designed for you to take your time

It's a Ghostbusters/Ghostbuster 2018 or something?

You're talking about a series where in the very next game, theres an immortal vampire who can run on water, and in the game after a man who can control and weaponize bees.

I played it along with the other MGS games for the first time this year. The game holds up really well for such an old game. It has the most memorable and concise story as well as voice acting that's not just better than the games that were released at the time, but many modern games too. Controls like ass though and I'm really not much of a fan of the top-down perspective as it restricts forward vision making you either have to guess or constantly switch to first person.

Attached: Secret handshake.gif (445x250, 1.16M)

A fantastic start to the franchise, but gameplay felt stiff. I started with TPP and tried to jump on over afterwards but the gameplay felt too clunky. Not bashing on it, but retro games and I don't mesh well.

Not as dramatic as it keeps all of the story element in tact. It's more similar to George Lucas remakes with bullet times(I mean that literally).

That's exactly why MGS2 is in my bottom 2. The gameplay is is really fucking good but the story, pacing, characters, twists, setting, and almost every other story related elements are extremely campy that they're American-action-films-campy-good but lacks the tight writing and coherency of MGS.

I'm on my second play through and dropped it twice at the Psycho Mantis fight.