Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking? Just how rushed was Sunshine?

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking? Just how rushed was Sunshine?

Attached: shitcunt.jpg (584x535, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Super_Mario_Sunshine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's wrong with this guy? He's easy? It's a mario game.

Rushed enough to cut 7 entire levels and fill the missing shines with Blue Coins.

You fight him a billion fucking times
And it's the same shit every time
Also you fight blooper two, maybe three times, I can't remember. And the fight itself makes you do the same shit twice over.

You say that like he's supposed to be a boss.

Sunshine was incredibly rushed, this is common knowledge.

Who the fuck thinks having to do 7 missions of each level to encounter Shadow Mario is fun

So what is he supposed to be? A waste of my fucking time? Because that's what it felt like, even as a kid.

A mario game with reused enemies? What? I don't believe it.

I'm guessing you had a problem with the Hammer Bros in Mario 3 as well?

>tfw can't play Sunshine because too many enemies are fetish fuel

Attached: (sizzling).jpg (877x665, 63K)

oh no! more levels?! in a mario game? i will not stand for this.

Won't lie, I enjoyed Sunshine, but, I'm a sucker when it comes to tropical and snowy settings.

>more levels
a lot of it is the same shit in the same levels. Also being forced to do every mission kills the variety of ways a player can choose to beat the game, like they had the freedom to do so in 64.

You know, the game that had twice as many levels, all of them superior to Sunshine

are you one of those messy fetish autists who likes seeing girls covered in chocolate syrup and whatever else

>being forced to do every mission
Watch a speedrun sometime. Episode 7 is the only mandatory one save maybe something like Ep 4 Pinna Park which gates the Yoshis.

He's a miniboss, and that's just you buddy.

Chocolate Syrup yes. And maybe whipped cream. In fact... definitely whipped cream.

Get help not sex just help

Even then its only a few stages that let you sequence break, like Gelato Beach. And it still has the same problem of locking the endgame to specific sprites as opposed to collecting 70 stars.

You say that like you don't like either women or sweet things. So... are you gay or one of those stuck up cunts that hate sugary things.

Do you really fight him that much?
>Delphino Strip
>Unlocking the first three areas in Delphino Plaza
>The first level in Bianco Hills
Am I missing any? Or are you bitching because you have to fight a miniboss five times?
>Also you fight Blooper three times
The second time you fight him, he's harder. I'll admit that the third one in Noki Bay feels a little forced like they wanted you to fight a boss but didn't really wanna bother to make a whole new boss for that encounter.
But the mini-boss guy and Blooper are the only bosses that get re-used. I guess Petey gets reused but the fight's completely different so that doesn't count.

>he thinks syrup/whipped cream is a particularly deviant fetish
You have so many rabbit holes to go down, friend.

Sunshine is rushed but still very based

I will never understand the endless shitposting over this game. It's fucking fine. You retards bitch and moan about every tiny thing

>he plays mario games for the boss fights

>B-But SPEEDRUNS!
Most players aren't speedrunners, and I doubt anybody knew the tricks when they played the game back in 2002.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out the game's flaws, it's certainly not perfect.
That being said, saying the entire game is awful because it's not flawless is autistic as fuck.

That's how I feel when I'm sweaty

Attached: 1532343595391.png (663x402, 117K)

Seriously? Of all the things wrong with Sunshine, it's the slimy plants you have a problem with?

>CUT CONTENT. RUSHED TO COMETION. JUST LOOK AT THIS CONCEPT ART, IT'S PROOF. LOOK, THERE WERE SOME INCOMPLETE FILES STORED ON-DISC.
This shit happens with every fucking game ever. It basically means nothing. Now when MvC3 put two dlc characters on disc, and asked for more money for them, there is an example of offensive cut content.

But we know for a fact Sunshine was rushed.

>Sunshine could have been even more kino
Imagine.
Have you actually looked at the stuff that's been found.
tcrf.net/Super_Mario_Sunshine
Heck, there's even evidence that Pinna Park was part of the hub at one point, which is probably why it's the only stage to have a level connected to the main plot.

>even more Kino
>implying it's remotely kino in the slightest

Boo hoo you have to fight him 5 times in the whole game and you have to fight Gooper Blooper twice. Get over yourself, faggot.

>literally every boss except the ones in the hotel level get rehashed

NOOO NINTENBROS HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO US??

When I was like 9 I used to jack off to this boss fight a LOT

the fight is shit, it's just waiting for his mouth to open so you can shoot in it. There's nothing more to it, and it's the same garbage 5 times.

No, it's more along the lines of:
>Petey Piranha's everything
>literally every single goo-based enemy
>the Cataquacks
>the Boos and those tongues

>Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?
"Gotta that the game out!"
>Just how rushed was Sunshine?
Bit less rushed than Wind Waker.

Others will mock you but you and I know what's up.

Attached: 1456364261781 2.jpg (600x462, 31K)

I mean, it tried it's hardest.
>Levels actually have plot lines such as Gelato Beach and the sand bird egg.
>Game had an overall tropical/vacation theme which made for some unusual levels
>It's got that bizarre experimental feeling to it that a lot of Gamecube games did, with stuff like the FLUDD and the lack of traditional Mario enemies
> Great soundtrack
I can acknowledge the bad parts like Bowser's anticlimatic fight and the more frustrating and pointless side missions, but overall Sunshine's a pretty unique Mario game.

You forgot Mecha Bowser and the Eel and the Manta Shadow,

Manta Shadow is in the Hotel level

Anyone always get 21 shines before you even touch this guy?

Oh right. I didn't notice the "ones" was plural.

you have to touch him at the airport before you even get 1 shine dumbass

Can someone explain to me why I see so much hate for Sunshine? I loved it. I loved 64. I loved Galaxy. I loved Odyssey. What exactly is people's problem with it? If you say cut content, then I fucking hate you. The game was still good on it's own without "what could have been".

I agree with you user. Sunshine was flawed but enjoyable

Don't know why this board has to take the most intense black and white stances on everything

Attached: C74E19F6-F95E-41D1-9B4F-996D39196105.jpg (900x1200, 229K)

I don't understand the complaints about sunshine feeling rushed. It's not a particularly short game, all the stages feel and look unique, there's a diversity of unique level ideas that dont tend to repeat outside of the hunt shadow Mario ones.
The game never felt unfinished to me, so why is all the discussion about it focused on it?

Yea Forums is too meta contrarian to enjoy anything anymore.

They front loaded encounters with him so he feels more numerous than he actually is.

>Unlock a new world
>red coin
>secret level(s)
>shadow mario chase
>star that doesn't count towards progression for unlocking the next area.
>some stages have a bossfight and reuse of said bossfight.
>some stages bring back a boss you already fought

Attached: 1520919634013 2.gif (300x245, 3.85M)

Hammer bros are short encounters with a decent challenge. This is just tedious and easy.

Is this your first day on Yea Forums? Lurk moar.

Blooper is super easy too. I remember trying to make it more challenging by not pulling on any of the tentacles and only stomping on them before I start tugging on the nose, but I was still able to beat him easily.

>Boo hoo you have to fight him 5 times in the whole game and you have to fight Gooper Blooper twice.
You have to fight gooper blooper 3 times and he's identical in all of them. I guess you technically have to fight him 6 times because the boss resets itself after you beat it once.

Less hate, I just feel like Sunshine is pretty mediocre and overrated. Sunshine is probably the best platformer on the Gamecube, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

Battle for Bikini Bottom only gets its constant praise because no one expected it to be good, especially after Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, but the game itself is actually only "above average".

You are either an obese gay man or a frumpy autistic woman

I meant the one in Delfino Plaza blocking Bianco Hills, autist.

>the Cataquacks
Why..?

Attached: 048.png (235x235, 20K)

There’s something about sunshine that makes it way more frustrating than 64. I think it’s the way it kills you last minute all the time, in sm64 the hardest part of your average star is in the middle or even beginning, but in super mario sunshine, even on a star that doesn’t take that many attempts, it feels as though my heart is being ripped apart far more, and it probably has to do with more bottomless pits and more falling when you don’t expect to. At least they didn’t go with “let’s just make you 6billion easy sections in a row instead of actually making a hard section” for their more difficult stars like they did with all of the games after galaxy

bro get on my level. As soon as i get to delphino island i just parkour my way up shine tower without the rocket noseel so i can play pianta village first. (best world in the game)

I judge every game by its weakest link since I’m paying for the game and I feel like the game is judging me if I don’t complete them, and it becomes a chore
>inb4 durr hurr autism because I don’t know what autism is
Anyway, you can’t blame me because it’s how games get people to play them. People don’t play pac man because it’s fun, they play it because the game the arcade, in a subtle way, taunt you into playing it.

i wonder what the cut levels looked like

Sunshine HD WHEN. I want my beautiful Isle Delfino home

I... don't know what to say user. I like to take the good and the bad in stride and, as long as the game's enjoyable (in an unironic way), I consider it good.
But, you do you.

Attached: 1552762171969.gif (800x450, 199K)

>
>>the Cataquacks

i was onboard with everything else you said, but now you lost me.

Yeah, the completionist meme ruins video games, but it’s like the game, you can only ever lose once you know about it.

>remember Mario 64?
>this game is like that, except instead of platforming you get to be a janitor and clean up sludge
Sunshine was a mistake and I prefer to pretend it doesn't exist

What's with Gamecube games being rushed as hell?

Attached: file.png (1280x1024, 2.54M)

Never because nintendo is apparently run by retro scalpers who need you to pay 120% of the launch price for a decade and a half old game

>Cataquacks

Attached: confused possum.png (191x133, 52K)

I assume our resident autist likes when the cataquacks are knocked over and rendered into a staggered or helpless state

>be rushed
>still end up being better in almost every way than the previous, wholly complete game
how did they do it?

big lips

But they got duck bills. Unless he's got a duck fetish too I don't see that working out.

Attached: duck fu.png (592x392, 475K)

>cut 7 entire levels
really?

I like stupidly huge lips and all, but... there is absolutely no way to see this as a pair of lips.

Attached: cataquack.png (250x230, 49K)

How so?

you lack imagination

why are they such dicks

Basically, within the files is text relating to a cut train system and a whole slew of levels not in the game are on the list.

I mean... you do you, I guess, man. I respect your dedication if cataquacks turn you on.

damn so much soul

I know about the train, but this talk about "missing levels" is new to me.

they look like hard planks, that would feel so awesome on my dick haha

mmmm perhaps we can discuss setting a simulation up in private?

>still end up being better in almost every way than the previous, wholly complete game
other way around? Only the combat system was a bit better, everything else is superior in 64. This, on the other hand, is an actual example of that happening

Attached: 220px-Echoesboxart_(Large)[1].jpg (220x289, 26K)

>more refined combat system (partners have HP, superguard is introduced, building star meter is easier)
>better written story and characters are more than one-note personalities
>better partner variety and utility
>better endgame
>better bosses
>larger pool of badges
>you get the partner that make you run faster sooner

Just to name a few points off the top of my head.

Attached: wegottawegottawegotta.gif (240x240, 26K)

I want my HD REEEEEEEE

Its literally Super Mario Soul

it's possible some of those just got renamed. we never actually saw them or what they looked like.