ITT: Villains that did nothing wrong

Attached: 4E7567B3-DCB7-494D-B750-DEFDF51E9783.jpg (670x665, 78K)

>villain
what a grand and intoxicating innocence.

Why do you think Dagoth Ur didn't do anything wrong?

He was based

Why does he wear the mask?

He's a big guy.

>remain loyal to your king
>get attacked for it by the betrayers
>survive and reach divinity
>want to share the divinity with your people

>the betrayers turn on and kill the king
>use the power to become gods
>make the people worship them
>selfishly guard their power to have control over the people and sometimes do good but often just be self serving

It's pretty clear who the villains are.

why did he want to rip peoples faces off and turn them into tentacle monsters?

actually this. i am never not triggered when people start talking about "big bads" and throwing dagoth ur in the pot. arguably the nereravine is an antagonist themselves for learning the truth and still choosing to kill dagoth ur and be cool with vivec and the others

It wasnt his fault

Attached: BEC48FA5-53A6-44F2-9768-5FBA669B4B1B.png (160x240, 5K)

It's true, he did nothing wrong

Attached: dagothurgers.png (859x774, 93K)

Attached: Sheogorath.jpg (476x430, 111K)

Attached: the dagoth system.jpg (624x352, 28K)

>Welcome, Nerevar. Together we shall speak for the Law and the Land, and shall drive the mongrel dogs of the Empire from Morrowind
You literally can not be more based than this

>can't join him in purging the imperials and the tribunal from morrowind and restoring house dagoth

Well no Dagoth Ur is 100% the antagonist and the big bad of the story but he's absolutely not a villain or evil or anything like that.

Attached: EC3190C9-0B0C-447B-8BE9-86DD4FC9C533.png (431x437, 130K)

Too bad it's not what happened at all. Dagoth Ur, once known as Toryn, was entrusted with the 3 tools of divinity for safe keeping while Nerevar convened the Tribunal to determine what to do with them. But Toryn was corrupted by their power and stole divine energy from the heart. Nerevar decided to destroy the tools and made the Tribunal swear an oath to do so, then returned for them and Toryn refused to give them up. They battled with Dagoth Ur and drove him off, then the Tribunal betrayed Nerevar so they could become Gods despite their earlier oath.

Everyone BUT Nerevar was the villain

He was just a delusional retard that didn't understand how much he was fucking everything up

As for what Dagoth Ur did wrong, he betrayed Nerevar in the first place a deposit probably would do so again later. Nerevar recognized the tools of divinity ought to be destroyed because of the grave danger and corruption they presented. This is besides his desire to rule over all humanity and create a new God

The fact that Dagoth Ur was corrupted by the tools is the temples version of events isn't it?
I don't think the Ashlanders version of events claims this and if had been taking in by the power of Lorkhan's heart how did he lose to non godlike chimer?
It's been a while since I played the game so I might have to revisit it but one claims that Dagoth Ur would not turn over the tools to the tribunal and should be destroyed on the spot and was attacked, another claims that he was corrupted and would not turn them over to the Nevarine to be destroyed so they fought.

>but Dagoth did that things and that was bad
>what is a corruption
come one anone

Dagoth ur was a danger to the very existence of everyone/thing in mundus. I don't think you guys understand how fucked up he was. Dude was like a metaphysical cancer that should never have been possible in the first place.

Ah, your right, that may just be the story the Tribunal cooked up to cover their betrayal of Nerevar. Regardless, survived SOMEHOW by tying himself to the heart of Lorkhan, which suggests he had meddled with the tools before the Tribunal used them - otherwise he would've been destroyed completely when they first stole them

Then later he wanted to forge a new God like the Dwemer had planned and this was probably a bad idea

tldr?

I'm far too lazy to crop out the bit in this mess that is relevant, but the middle section explains Ur's inverted state of being.

Attached: 1378999690786.png (1944x2584, 1.28M)

There are multiple versions of the events at red mountain due to multiple timelines from the tribunals fuckery.
However, it's pretty clear that in the original ur moment, voryn dagoth remained true to nerevar and was betrayed by the tribunal for it.
What's great about his narrative is that, while definitely deranged, hes acting out of a pure and genuinely righteous motive, sharing his divinity, giving the dunmer people independence and bringing the tribunal to justice. But doing the right thing leads to horrendous results and puts the entire mortal world in jeopardy.
Contrasted with vivec, who acts out of selfish motives, but this leads to what is ultimately beneficial for his people and all of nirn

Attached: 1559829477988.jpg (788x767, 187K)

They watch too much anime.

So Morrowind is basically the Godhead entering its own dream to put a stop to a dreamed being that was threatening to become the Godhead

Dagoth was also responsible for spreading the Divine Disease, which uh isn't exactly great.

That's why Yea Forums loves him so much. They see themselves in him.

>isn't exactly great
It's literally divine.

>implying that becoming immortal, powerful and immune to illness is a bad thing

Attached: MW-creature-Ascended_Sleeper.jpg (1000x1000, 161K)

Peakstar also mentions it: Voryn's corruption was the result of his loyalty to Nerevar in guarding the tools.

Attached: 1563338917141.png (909x909, 492K)

Fuck Dagoth Ur
Fuck the Tribunal
Fuck the Daedra
Fuck the Aedra
Fuck Sithis
Fuck the Godhead
True neutral or bust

>Nerevar Moon-and-Star
>Saint Veloth

Do the Dunmer have any other heroes of this caliber?

Not really, most races only have one or two big cultural heroes. Dunmer have Nerevar/Veloth, Nords have Ysmir Wulfharth/Ysgramor, Imperials have Reman Cyrodiil/Pelinal, etc.

I'M A GOD
HOW CAN YOU KILL A GOD
WHAT A GRAND AND INTOXICATING INNOCENCE

>no Tiber Septim
Thalmor scum!

The biggest power hungry traitor in the history of Tamriel doesn't deserve to be recognized as a hero.

Always thought it was a copout that you couldn't really full on confront Vivec and battle him with in-game ramifications other than >vivec is ded
dialogue option. I do kill him in every play-through after slaying Dagoth Ur, but still.

You would too if you were a God. How can you unmask a God?

I've never felt more of an urge to join the "evil" side in a game, usually I only do it out of obligation in a second playthrough to see what the other route is but Dagoth is literally right about everything, fuck the Tribunal.
I can't put the disappointment I felt into words when I found out you couldn't join Dagoth.

>there are people that didn't kill the tribunal
you didn't let them get away with it did you?

Attached: 1524023646124.png (172x233, 96K)

>Dagoth Urgers
My sides

I'd say the player with console commands is basically CHIM. It's basically omnipotence, omniscience, and immortality. Heck, Talos changing Cyrodil from a jungle to a grassland/forest could be achieved in the same way the player would with adding a modpack.

Somewhat obsolete. Needs to be update post Arniel's Endeavor.

Luca Blight literally did nothing wrong.

Attached: suikoden 2 luca blight.webm (640x480, 1.62M)

Saint Jiub obviously.

>Dragon Break
holy kek

Sotha Sil the NEET was too pure any Tribunal shit.

I think you mean Voryn.
also, my headcanon will always be that the tools of divinity and the heart of lorkhan itself were irreversibly linked when kagrenac did the thing, and the heart of lorkhan corrupts the children of auriel (aka elves) into believing it's a source of power and unwittingly feeding their souls into it.
Dagoth and Almsivi fell for it, in that order. But Vivec will always be a conniving cunt and he was the only one to liberate his soul from its corrupting power. Nerevar never sold his soul to it and is somehow invincible to its influence.
I also believe that at first, neither Almalexia nor Sotha Sil wanted to kill Nerevar but Vivec convinced them by playing into their weaknesses- Sil being knowledge, Alma being dick.
Vivec's the most villainous.

Why are so many people defending Dagoth Ur here but shitting on the Tribunal? He's just as guilty as the Tribunal, except he terrorizes the Dunmer with nightmares,vampires, and zombies and drives them to murder their own friends and family.

Sure he technically betrayed the Nerevar in taking the Heart's power but at least he didn't steal it AND fucking kill you.

dagoth wasn't the one who stuck his spear his dick through nerevar and cut his feet off, now, was he?

100% speculation, the post
I bet you have a law degree.

>but muh vivec bad too
I thought you were doing it for Azura

Attached: 1493406440344.png (624x532, 230K)

Why would you not want to side with your old friend who wants to destroy the power mad pseudo-gods who caused a daedric prince to curse your entire race and allowed your homeland to be tainted by outlanders?

The Empire in Valkyria Chronicles minus Commander Maximilian and that other commander in VC4. Also, fuck that dark blue haired nigs that are the Darcsen. I fucking hated how they were depicted as pure good and historically misrepresented despite how the Valkyrur needed that ragnite to live.

If the Darcsens got shipped off to some tiny prison island, it should be called Niggheim.

ur a dagoth

>100% speculation, the post
it's almost as if I began by saying "also, my headcanon"

Attached: SchadenfreudePortrait.png (512x512, 353K)

Because dagoth is also power mad pseudo-god. Honestly, Nerevar was too pure for this world.

Tiber Septim is human you moron. The God you know as Thalos is an imperial god, his nordic aspect is Yismir.

Yes he did you fag, he lost.
Losing is wrong

>Try to prevent the one thing that can slap your shit from ever reincarnating
>Fuck up so hard that it can reincarnate as literally anything
How did these fuckheads even get as far as they did?

Honestly, he just wanted to make a world ending god in his basement, since his god powers weren't sufficient. Guy seemed pretty chill.

Honestly though, his voice acting is *too* human. Like a business man in a cartoon or something. Like, if it wasn't that he was spraying Ebola on the general populace, you could probably crack open a drink with him.