Adaptation when??

adaptation when??

Attached: 001706The-Iliad-The-Odyssey3.jpg (695x552, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b2qrgT_w1vI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When they can turn the main character into a minority or a girl.

>fagles translation

Attached: 3wvOOr_X.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Already happened

Are you implying that greeks are white

Unless the skin is med to dark brown it aint happening...or a lesbian women.

I feel liie the Odyssey has been adapted a few times in vidya, I can't think of any though...

>implying the creators of Western Civilization aren't white

youtube.com/watch?v=b2qrgT_w1vI
There was an kids MMO i played when i was younger that basically had the setting of the odyssey and iliad but it was called Aqulia and was bird themed it was pretty cool actually really soulful

>faggles
Get some taste, OP.

There's nothing wrong with Fagles.

Never, hopefully

>not Fitzgerald

Attached: 8A29F62A-3FFC-4A3A-83D0-6E08C167AD7A.jpg (647x644, 54K)

>fagles

Attached: FUCKING NORMALFAGS GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY UNITY.jpg (241x300, 58K)

Much of modern storytelling is “adapted” from homer. Just play god of war and shut the fuck up

>Home vs Homer

Which do you recommend instead? Just got The Odyssey for $3 at a local big bookstore and completely forgot I was intending to get the Fagles translation due to hearing good things. Mine's translated by T.E. Lawrence, is that e-critic approved?

Alexander Pope is amazing but it's really difficult to consider it Homer. It really is poetry by Pope at that point. Fagles is better for scholarly purposes.

Modern "Greeks" =/= ancient hellenic people.

Real men read whd rouse

Ah, Home. Or as some say, Homer.

You could just learn Greek.

I was memeing.
The real thing is to learn what era of poetry you like (Classical, Pastoral, Romantic, Modernist etc.) and read a translation from that era.
Or read all of them and autistically nitpick the changes.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

sneed

you can't adapt the iliad the themes it conveys cannot be done by a video game without backlash from players but the odyssey is just screaming for a video game adaptation.

They'd call Odysseus "toxic" for sure. There's no way a modern adaptation could do The Odyssey justice.
Shit, 3/4 of the NPCs in the new AC look Egyptian and some look straight up Sub-Saharan, including plot-critical characters. The fucking Pythia was black.

sure the odyssey would definitely be censored and "gurl powr" moments would be included and classical views of Greek homosexuality would be included onto a Mycenaean era Greek but the odyssey is a timeless adventure that would be relatively unchanged thematically.

>play the Odyssey
>99% of the game is just fucking Circe on an island.

>These mediteranian folk surely were as white as the nords up north

Frankly I don't know what counts as white these days,because one moment one thing is white,and the other it isn't,but Ancient Greeks had a tan,MINIMUM,if we take in the factor of the climate and sun exposure of Greece.

chapman

What are some other mythological stories that capture the same feels of The Illiad/Odyssey? Is Beowulf similar?

Attached: 1562799141534.jpg (500x736, 129K)

>play Odyssey
>don't kill the cyclopes
>get secret ending which you quickly go home

lord of the rings

There is no possible way any modern video game developer can even fathom a manner in which they could adapt The Illiad or the Odyssey. It literally has too much soul for them to comprehend. Now, a game about Heracles would be something better. How would you like to play a game as a giant, hairy fucker that fucks every woman you come across?

Attached: 1559618694799.jpg (385x500, 22K)

Lord of the rings is nothing at all like the Odyssey.

beowulf is great but nibelungen is worth checking out aswell if you end up liking germanic myths the anead could be seen as a fanfic sequel of the odyssey

Odysseus never killed the cyclopes.

Never pierces his eye*

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: Ares.jpg (576x656, 64K)

If he never pierced his eye then they'd have all died.

All Odysseus needed to do was not be a prat and shout his real name back after escaping.

Who nose?

Fuck you, Carlos.

Use your elite gaming skills to escape without harming the cyclopes

"white" and "not white" are modern concepts that won't make sense when applied to people before ~1500

haha his name is fagles lmao

global warming has made everyone on earth blacker

>implying that xenophobia and racism didn't exist in ancient times
"There, as you know, there were Macedonians and Thracians and Illyrians, all most warlike nations, here Syrians and Asiatic Greeks, the most worthless peoples among mankind and born for slavery." - Manius Acilius (Roman Consul c. 191 BC)

the guy you are replying to is most likely the equivalent of la creatura from subnautica, yet he still feels the need to post on a taiwanese wristwatch manufacturing forum about what he considers to be white while he's eating hot pockets and masturbating to loli tentacle hentai.

>era of poetry
I don't know the first damn thing about poetry I just wanna read Homer

Attached: 1545441008713.png (350x362, 50K)

>There, as you know, there were Macedonians and Thracians and Illyrians, all most warlike nations
>nations
They cared more about who your king was than what your skin looked like