"This is a chance to get people who maybe don't have an interest in tabletop roleplaying...

>usgamer.net/articles/larian-studios-shares-its-vision-for-baldurs-gate-3-interview

>"This is a chance to get people who maybe don't have an interest in tabletop roleplaying, who are looking for something that's more just pure story. They don't necessarily want to immerse themselves in the rules. They can have a great experience that's very authentically D&D in terms of the puzzle solving and the storytelling without necessarily having to make the commitment of playing a tabletop game,"

I honestly get the feeling that this will take place in a city called Baldur's Gate, and it may even vaguely resemble Baldur's Gate. Sort of how the Bowerstone in Fable, Fable II, and Fable III all sort of looked the same, but otherwise, it'll just be Divinity with D&D races. Could just be the cynic in me talking, but a lot of these interviews talk about left over DOSII systems and emulating the spirit of D&D than actually emulating D&D.

Attached: baldurs-gate-3-pc-google-stadia-trailer-annuncio-GameSoul.jpg (1200x800, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcinvasion.com/baldurs-gate-iii-the-case-for-a-turn-based-combat-mode/
warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ok

Divinity Orginal Sin 3 with Baldur's Gate skins BAYBAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: larchadver2.png (1518x969, 380K)

This game would be amazing if the forgotten realms wasn't such a terrible setting.

Give ME a WIFE to SURPASS Jaheira!

Attached: Sequel Jaheira.png (210x330, 136K)

>it'll just be Divinity with D&D races
I can only get so erect, user.

How do they even get away with calling this Baldur's Gate 3? BG was the bhaalspawn saga. That's why Dark Alliance wasn't BG2 or whatever even though it was set in baldur's gate, and why BG2 was "BG2" even though it didn't have shit to do with baldur's gate. It was about the bhaalspawn. And far as I can tell, this game won't have shit to do about that character.

Literally just marketing. The definition of no soul.

>it'll just be Divinity with D&D races
Not seeing the problem here

Somewhat off topic but, hypothetically speaking, if somebody found the source code to Icewind Dale II, would it even be worth turning it over to Beamshit?

>I honestly get the feeling that this will take place in a city called Baldur's Gate, and it may even vaguely resemble Baldur's Gate. Sort of how the Bowerstone in Fable, Fable II, and Fable III all sort of looked the same, but otherwise, it'll just be Divinity with D&D races. Could just be the cynic in me talking, but a lot of these interviews talk about left over DOSII systems and emulating the spirit of D&D than actually emulating D&D.

Good, D&D rules are shit for video games. Larian can't write for shit but the gameplay is decent at least.

its gonna be a divinity game

No, turn it in to Larian Studios instead

well they'd probably pay for it right? hypothetically?

No shit. That's the fucking point. Only literal fucking neckbeard autists want digitized tabletop rules. Tabletop rules are the way they are because you don't want to get bogged down in the rules when you're resolving everything by hand. Literally fucking __no one__ would ever argue that they're some inherently superior system that should be clung to for dear life in all contexts.

Why is it even called Baldur's gate at this point beside name recognition.

The original two games had barely anything to do with the actual city. It was all about the Bhaalspawn.

They might as well just call it Faerun Chronicles or something

But she was already outclassed in her own game

Attached: d4b8a51451c053b9e5a122bf8b6c302e.jpg (1181x885, 152K)

Oh, jeez, someone on Yea Forums thinks an unreleased game is going to be bad? This is needs to be archived!

Attached: 1549571480869.png (468x519, 247K)

Based.
My dicc got so hard when she changed alignment.

then why the fuck are they calling it "baldur's gate 3" if they're not gonna make anything like "baldur's gate 1&2"? shut the fuck up

Viconia IS a GOOD wife BUT her ending IS bad user! (It is! It is!)

Attached: Sequel Viconia.png (210x330, 132K)

drow a shit

Oh, shut up and play your sisterfucker mod.

These portraits are pretty based

>pcinvasion.com/baldurs-gate-iii-the-case-for-a-turn-based-combat-mode/

>In the Ars Technica interview, Swen Vincke also stated, “We’re not making [Baldur’s Gate III] for nostalgia reasons. We’re making a new modern RPG for a new era.” This is an interesting contrast with other CRPGs, as both Pillars of Eternity and Pathfinder: Kingmaker have deep roots in nostalgia. Pillars of Eternity was conservative to a fault, sticking as close to Baldur’s Gate as possible. The sequel, Deadfire, was somewhat more experimental, though it still adhered to pausable real-time combat in its final release, with some minor improvements. Pathfinder: Kingmaker added some new features, but it’s probably the most obstinately nostalgic CRPG of the past few years. That’s likely why it won the RPG Codex GOTY 2018.

Attached: modern rpg.png (800x368, 456K)

>We want to appeal to a wider audience

Attached: 1560494447034.jpg (393x354, 32K)

Full voice acting was a mistake

But user, jumping into the third entry of a 20+ year old series is the BEST place to start!

That's exactly what BG did when it came out.
Let us not pretend BG games where ever some kind of mystical super hardcore RPGs for the most niche TT audience there ever was.

>We want to appeal to an even wider audience
What could possibly go wrong?

lol no
You're better off just keeping it buried instead of giving it to shitdog.

bro it's one of the most beginner unfriendly games of all time. if you dont make a perfect build level 1 is going to be a nightmare

*ahem*
FUCK TURN BASED GAMES
FUCK BEAMDOG
AND FUCK TRANNIES

That's absolute nonsense. It's only "beginner unfriendly" if the beginners try and autoattack everything to death going solo instead of you know, using wands, potions, ranged weapons. You could beat majority of the game with wands of fire, the game showers you with them and potions of explosion.

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

Attached: 1487637941159.png (661x245, 39K)

I don't know, but people like you will be pissed off regardless.
As far as I'm concerned, if they do make it turn based that means it will be at the very least mildly enjoyable to actually play compared to the previous mindless games, as enjoyable D&D based RPG can be of course.
>bro it's one of the most beginner unfriendly games of all time.
>Didn't read the manual
BG games are fucking braindead, not as bad as stuff like Neverwinter Nights, but still, even as a complete D&D beginner, as long as you do read the fucking manual you're hardly gonna have problems, given you're not terminally retarded.

i see you guys have only played the remake

bump

I played BG1 when it came out because my dad bought it, when I was 11. As a Norwegian, who could barely speak english and ended up teaching myself the language through video games. I fucked up lots of stupid shit like not realizing what reputation did and getting confused by the "super enemies" (i.e. guards) in places like Nashkel that struck me as very overpowered, and I still cleared the game. Obviously, I figured out how to use wands and potions and scrolls and whatever right away, and I understood all the systems right away. Even the oh-so-obtuse THAC0, which, yeah, initially confused me a little when I equipped heavy armor on high-dex characters and it didn't make their armor any better, but I understood immediately that less armor = better, since putting on better armor made the number go down ergo that must mean it was better to have less than more.

Like, you don't need to read the manual or understand how to min/max a character or even UNDERSTAND ENGLISH properly to clear BG1 at 11. It's not a fucking hard game and definitely not "beginner unfriendly" if a retarded ass preteen who can't speak the language can figure it out.