Parasite Eve

>company loses the rights to the series
>they care enough to make a spiritual successor to please the fans
>everyone takes a collective shit on it for all their efforts to being the series back

Give me one good reason why people hate on The 3rd Birthday. The way I see it, you don't deserve another game for all the whining I've read about it.

Attached: D_hlwqIU0AA-ypx.jpg:large.jpg (900x900, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C1Y_d_Lhp60
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how did they lose the rights?
parasite eve was a novel? what the fuck?

also third birthday is easily one of the top 10 psp games

>make a shit game
>get mad when people call it shit
You're on the same level as Mighty No 9 shilling user.

Attached: 1557361812702.jpg (992x1026, 113K)

What the fuck are you talking about "spiritual successor", it's a direct sequel. The plot is just so fucking retarded they didn't bother calling it Parasite Eve. People don't hate it because it's not part of the series, they hate it because it's repetitive and horribly written.

I'd rather have nothing at all.

The only really great things about 3 was it's shower scene and dress up.

I thought the game was ok I don't know what all the hate is about.

It's a spinoff. And it had an awful story, that's why.

Most of the complaints I've scene were about the story (mostly about the mind swap being creepy) and the fanservice.

Attached: futaba.jpg (1800x2400, 353K)

gameplay was cool, graphics were nice but jesus that the story was terrible

It got stuck releasing on the fucking psp instead of the ps3.

That should say enough.

go to bed, woolie

here's a tip, don't give fans what they ask for, that's the first step to being a moron
fans are the most imbecilic counterproductive agents when it comes to game development, no matter how many times you want to say NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN
fuck fans, they are retarded and overblow their own self importance in how what they demand is what should be made
the only time you should listen to demand is when you're producing something outside the entertainment field, like an actual life necessity like health-related shit
if you're working in entertainment tho, tell fans to fuck off and all they have to do is not buy shit, then at least you can say it's because you didn't even try to please them directly
there are lots of media where fans just were hit with a surprise blast of shit they didn't know they wanted, and they eventually liked it, and that kind of shit becomes cult classic
you know what they call pleasing the fans in certain districts? playing it safe
if you wanna "play it safe" then maybe you should live in a bubble like bubble boy, but i got two words for fans who think they know what they want

Attached: degeneration-x-costume-jersey__31934.1456550429.jpg (680x1280, 194K)

BASED
youtube.com/watch?v=C1Y_d_Lhp60

what

Literal Character Assassination: The Game

>TPS on the PSP
OK … .

>it's not the product it's the toxic and dumb fans.

PE1 is to this day one of my favorite games of all time. 3rd birthday can go fuck itself.

The 3rd Birthday kills off Aya, and has Eve wear her flesh as a meat-puppet. Can you think of a single fan who wanted that?

The fanbase is retarded, they somehow hate PE2 when it's a much better game than 1 in every single fucking aspect. Don't bother.
Altho 3rd birthday nonsensical plot certainly didn't help, the gameplay was ok but not great.

Because it was a bad game and destroyed the main character?

IIRC something to do with the author of the novel hating the 2nd game.

3rd Birthday was worth every penny I spent playing it on the PSP.

LOL j/k. Playing it on my Samsung Tab A tablet using PPSSPP. Still, it was worth every penny I didn't spend on neither the game and PSP.

Tabata was behind this piece of shit.

An actual spiritual successor would have been welcomed
But taking the franchise and rebooting it into everything it was minus the shit from the novel wasn't a successor to anything, it was a walking miscarriage for a dead system

PE2 is a really good Resident Evil clone, it's a shame people didn't give it a chance just because it was different. Some of the stuff they did with boss fights and changing camera angles was really cool and unique.

god why can't I draw cute girls like kuvshinov

Attached: 1544746447327.png (497x395, 121K)

Turd Birthday is a god damn abortion that has Aya Brea as a sex object. Play the First PE again and say Turd Birthday is a good game. it's not.

There is no reason that even PE2 should exist, let alone T3B. The gameplay is completely different and the story is basically a piece of fan fiction. Well T3B is the same but even edgier basically.

PE2 is my favorite overall, but PE1 does have a better plot, a better cast of characters, and better music.

I love Aya Brea!

Attached: Aya Brea hospital window.png (960x859, 607K)

Do you know if the game was rushed?

Seems like it should have had more missions in different locations instead of just the one place in the desert.

in my mind, aya, regina, and jill all touch butts and it's pretty hot

Something that's been bugging me for a while now, I could swear back when I played PE there was some kind of bonus point allocation thing going on with stats at level up, or during chapter clear, or some shit like that. A friend of mine swears up and down there was never any such thing, just melting equipment into other equipment.

you can allocate points whenever through the menu dude

Attached: AyaP.png (250x386, 159K)

They also ruin Maeda and make him incredibly creepy

I've never heard anything about it being rushed, but it was at the very end of the PS1's life cycle, it wouldn't surprise me. I really wish it could've gotten a proper sequel, the gameplay and storyline had promise.

>First two games about mitochondria, evolving and mutation (with crazy powers to boot) with the theme of the enemy within
>Ignore all that and make the "third" game about aliens and time traveling soul hopping while killing off the main character but there's BULLET TIME!
>Why do people hate on it?

Are you fucking serious?

Attached: [Barks internally].jpg (500x447, 31K)

Only PE1 was good.
Fuck Parasite Evil 2 and Gears of Birthday.

>Aya went to my alma mater in the backstory
Neat. I'd figure they would have characters go to harvard or Princeton or yale or something not some public university.

haha

I love the second game, still play it every year or two. I actually like it better than the first. The powers and inventory system is more interesting and the gameplay is just more fun in my opinion. Plus I like the more grounded story, not that I don't like the first but I had forgotten just how... Weird some of it was until I recently replayed it.

Attached: parasite_eve_2___battle_against_the_burner_by_demento_liszt-d8tddbn.jpg (1600x1000, 262K)

Best thing about 3rd Birthday was Jensen Ackles.

3rd birthday is the Other M of DmC Donte games.

they also lost the gold masters for PE1 and 2, so theres no hope of a true remaster or hd version

Director’s a huge pervert and replacing mitochondria with time travel shenanigans was stupid too

As long it’s square it has retarded fanbase.

This. Fanbase are retards.

PE2fags are absolutely the worsts

Wasnt it that fag Toriyama who killed the series by turning it into waifu shit then killed FF with the Lightning bullshit

Go craft another shotgun sniper to one shot every single encounter in the game fag

>different
>literally a generic survival horror with poorly placed rpg elements
PE1 is more unique PE2 is begining horrible train wreck and finally ended with Third Abortion

This.

Butthurt PE2fag

PE2 was cool
PE1 was cool
3rd birthday was at least fun to play

Clearly you have no taste and a PE2 newfag.

I think the number of environments is adequate, it's just that their quality declines after Dryfield. The mines and the lab in particular are pretty bland.

I do wonder what went so terribly wrong with the game's plot. I'm open to games in a series doing new things, and I understand that the developers lost the license, so I would have been willing to go along with parts of the basic premise. "Humanity was defeated by invading aliens, so you need to travel back in time to change the outcomes of certain pivotal battles (with possible unintended consequences)" is an adequate foundation to work with. Sure, it's a bit cheesy, and it has nothing at all to do with the first two games, but given the circumstances I could forgive that. It would be a little difficult for a Parasite Eve sequel's plot to not come across as a bit contrived regardless.

Somehow, though, every event that occurs after the start of the game makes the plot far worse than it initially appears, and the game's treatment of returning characters feels like it was almost intended to annoy fans of the series.

As much as faggots hate it, 3rd birthday is among the best PSP games and one of the best 3rd person shooters in general.

Attached: 1wz3as.jpg (447x447, 156K)

Yeah, it's one of the few PS1 games I still return to every so often. I really like how the weapons and powers are fairly well balanced while remaining distinct. Combined with how much the difficulty modes alter things, it makes the game extremely replayable.

eve a qt
too bad she didnt get to keep her younger tite body instead of the old hag aya

Attached: Eve.Brea.full.1394666.jpg (1000x1250, 541K)

I think labeling it as "one of the best TPS games in general" is going a bit far, but it is fairly good so long as you completely ignore the storyline.

Yeah, it really pushed the PSP graphics to the limits and the FMV were amazing. The other PE games look dated af in comparison

It’s not even Aya you play as. No one even fucking played this game.

>Give me one good reason why people hate on The 3rd Birthday
People still hate pe2 its retarded evesxgame is pretty good

>Give me one good reason why people hate on The 3rd Birthday.
Toriyama wrote it

They both have their appeal. PE1 felt a lot like an RE game and that made it great. PE2 became more of an rpg game and those are fun too.

Yeah, don't forget he also FFX-2

What the hell are you talking about
PE1 is the one with turn based battles

>Turd Birthday is a god damn abortion that has Aya Brea as a sex object
thats right incels dont sexualize womyn

>every fag hating on 3rd bday

Attached: th(2).jpg (474x711, 76K)

The same guy who behind FF XIII (and his waifu Lightning) thats what went terribly wrong

I liked 3rd birthday. A solid good game.

Because you're not a fraud

Attached: 6EGvQvf.jpg (1280x1280, 472K)

also remember this guy makes millions now and works for professional studios

This is wrong and stupid.
When people complain about the "fanbase" they're complaining about a handful of cherrypicked examples, not the entirety of the people buying the games.

Killing a beloved and important character offscreen is destroying them. I mean just look at the reception to Chrono Cross.

What's the problem with copying if you improve the work? All of those look better when redone.

Don't forget about Tabata as well

I'm not seeing the problem

Attached: 75-costumequest_(83).jpg (800x450, 115K)

Why is it called The 3rd Birthday?

well hes not the only one then

>the forshadowing in this pic
1 was the best game

top kek that explaims everything. I unironically wish death to squenix. Fuck them. Never buying one of their trainwrecks again.

They couldn't call it Parasite Eve 3 since they don't own the rights to the PE name. I guess they settled on Third Birthday because it was cryptic enough to them well also telling you its the third in the series of something they can't really mention.

Nomura was the actual reason
Tabata had no creative involvement he was only "director" making sure the game got made based on all of momuras game design plans, fiumdation and with nomura as creative producer, game designer and character designer. nomura literally came up with the idea for 3rd birthday. also nomura had toriyama write 3rd birthday based on his own story ideas. tabata only came onboard after being forced on it as director against his will, they even threatened they'd cancel type0 if he doesnt make sure t3b gets finished, but make no mistake t3b is a Nomura and toriyama game from the entire foundation, game design, structure, characters and story. all tabata did was follow the design document he was given by nomura who btw would constantly oversee the game anyway and even oversaw all voice acting sessions

Attached: 3rd birthday int2.png2.png45.png (754x399, 33K)