Choose

Choose

Attached: 1554209376371.jpg (1024x768, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SzI7DLR0DPU
youtu.be/LhIS4FdS7co
rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
youtube.com/watch?v=m_NeIyG98Nc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where can I buy a 1080p CRT monitor

I chose UHD TV

They're both 4:3 and the same size. What the fuck is there to choose? The CRT is the obvious choice here since the LCD has none of the other benefits it typically would have.

i choose a better game!

>doom 3
10/10 comfy game

Attached: 1557039596565.jpg (237x165, 8K)

>B-BUT LCD'S HAVE BECOME BETTER

Attached: crt.jpg (4160x3120, 1.73M)

left, i like how the outside of it looks and the panel looks better to me

My CRT has an annoying high pitched ringing noise. My other CRT doesn't have this and when I'm at tournaments which use a CRT they don't do this. Do I just not notice it or is there a cause? Also should I find a way to fix it or just give up and find another?

I was born in 98 and i prefer left side. But I guess I did grow up playing on CRTs

Attached: capybara.jpg (690x900, 219K)

Go back in time and fight John Carmack for his.

Attached: john_Carmack_working.jpg (468x332, 18K)

It's just old as fuck, they do that.

Why settle with 1080p?

Attached: GDM-Fw900 resolution.jpg (4096x3072, 2.36M)

soul

He cant keep getting away with it

Why aren't amoled monitors a thing?

BUT YOU HAVE TO USE THE CRT IN A BRIGHTLY LIT ROOM WITH THE SUN DIRECTLY ON IT AND NOW IT'S BETTER TO USE LCD!!
there is a poster that seriously does this

Attached: composite looks better than lcd.jpg (1910x736, 793K)

Where can I buy one

The hard to find expensive shit emporium

>CRT
>weighs a ton ,takes up a fuckton of space, no options for stuff like 1440p/144hz

>LED TN
>terrible black levels and viewing angles

>LED IPS
>input lag and way too fucking bright, light bleeds into everything

>OLED
>useless for PC/vidya because UI and HUD elements will burn in

Attached: beyond mad.jpg (500x500, 53K)

IPS is maybe 1 or 2ms more compared to TN.

>weighs a ton
So?

>takes up a fuckton of space
So?

>no options for stuff like 1440p/144hz
Wrong!

that image is like from 2001

IPS will do you fine if you never have any plans on playing any competitive online games.

What kind of fucking input lag are you getting on a modern IPS? It might not be THE most responsive, but any of that shit is imperceptible.

You guys are so fucking excessive. Do you really think an extra ms is gonna fuck you over when everyone is dealing with network latency ontop of probably also using an IPS?

120hz was the norm back then

Okay, so show me a 1440p/144hz CRT monitor I can buy.

And none of that interlaced shit. p. progressive.

120hz was the norm if you wanted your fucking ears to start bleeding sure

Right: Soul
Left: Soulless

i had 6 or so crt monitors throughout that portion of my life and all of them were 60hz.

>image is like from 2001
>half life 2 and halo PC boxes visible
>playing doom 3
fucking zoomers

Attached: dyatlov come on.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

you can't hear that frequeny, unless you're a dog. You can't use a computer, go lie down.

Literally every human being with functioning ears under 25 can hear that frequency, what the fuck are you actually talking about

you don't hear the frequency of a CRT refresh rate, retard. You hear the vibrations at the frequency of the electron gun firing, which is the horizontal refresh rate x the vertical refresh rate.

For standard def CRTs, that's 15khz, which you can hear, which results in that EEEEEEEEEE sound
For HDCRTs, CRT PC monitors, etc, they make a sound at 31khz, which is beyond human hearing. That's why your old PC monitor didn't make sound like your old TV did.

>finally get a high refresh rate monitor
>high frame rates make my gpu whine like a banshee from hell
>it makes me want to legitimately kill myself after 10 minutes
Fuck dudes, how do you guys deal with that shit? I've tested on a buddies GPU and while not as annoying, it's still there when it's pushing frames over 100. Do you just have to win the GPU lottery or what?

Yes.
I'd rather have every peripheral preform at it's best in order to have little disadvantage as possible.
If that's not you, fine whatever, but I can afford to not have those slight handicaps.

LMFAO. In some retard way you think ips is worse than the alternatives? Laughable. All around better with hardly any difference in response.

You have to be poor.

I use this at 1600x1200 85hz
its an nec fe2111sb
had it since 2007 really like it, i dropped it 3ft onto its face on a concrete floor once by accident and it made it through without a hitch
only issue is its 60lbs, i've actually carried it to several lan parties in the past

Attached: DSCF3060.jpg (1600x1200, 1.12M)

PC CRT monitors have a horizontal scan rate of 31kHz at 480p60Hz. This is completely outside of the human range of hearing for even the youngest and most sensitive of hearing.

Typical PC CRT monitors were used at a scan rate of 96kHz, which is over 4 times the highest end of the range of human hearing.

t. this is my desk

Attached: tubes.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

why my peanus weanus of course!

Doom 3 came out in 2004.

>The old is the soulless one

Attached: 1263232606995_Reaction_faces_part_1-s350x345-151481-580.jpg (350x345, 33K)

I choose the FATAL1TY settings

>You know, that game I played was okay, but I really couldn't get into it, y'know?
>The blacks just weren't *black* enough, man. If the blacks were just a tiny bit blacker, I really could've gotten into that game

---Literally nobody ever

get the fuck outta here boy, go lie down, GO LIE DOWN

Attached: husky threatened with knife.png (480x320, 170K)

You're comparing late-life CRT tech with early-life LCD?

>they're too heavy
>They're too big
>They cause cancer
>They look blurry
>You can't plug modern games into them
>the "good" ones are too expensive
>They hurt my ears
>modern tvs don't even lag that much

Attached: dab (2).gif (1280x720, 393K)

hasn't really gotten much better

Attached: black levels.jpg (2000x2033, 572K)

>You can't plug modern games into them
what does this mean, was it mean to be modern gpus?

Pro-gaming settings are a fucking joke. Lighting is a part of games, and trying to eliminate it is granting an unfair advantage.
Why not just design abstract levels if that's what you are going for.

Roll over you fuck

Looks extremely comfy

When your phone automatically adjusts the white balance in a black environment it will amplify the lighting on a screen, yes.

Did you have any actual points you wanted to make?

Reminder that the contrast of CRT's is actually TOO high.
sRGB's contrast ratio of the darkest non-black is around 1:3000, and your typical CRT crushes it to levels way below that, making games darker than they should be.

Yeah but idiots who don't actually know anything think crushed blacks are good. They don't realize the loss of detail because they don't understand contrast.

I love my CRTs for standard def content, but fuck using a CRT for HD content, especially on my PC.

Attached: pvm setup apt.jpg (3264x2448, 1.31M)

Why all the mental gymnastics?

I saw some 2-3 ms IPS monitors; just because most of them suck eggs in that regard doesn't mean they can't be better.

>he fell for the PVMeme

Attached: 1560544843485.png (800x800, 26K)

God man. Get a job. You'll realize how retarded you're being

>not having the best possible CRT technology known to man

Attached: cotton-fnd-ps1 (13).jpg (3264x2448, 2.43M)

>Mfw I have four monitors happily on my desk, two 27 inch and two 24 inch
>And he can barely fit a single one
Also my CRT is off to the side.

I grew up during segregation. I think I know about crushed blacks

I bought it years ago before the meme took off. It'd probably cost me 600+ dollarydoos nowadays, but I got it for 60 dollars shipped back in 2014.

It's a great thing to have for old vidya. Just not at the inflated reddit prices of today. Nowadays I'd just recommend someone use a trinitron with component inputs along with a component transcoder.

Attached: sonic 2 crt.jpg (3264x2448, 3.04M)

fucken tard

Attached: 1545011492128.jpg (640x481, 50K)

DUDE, those SCANLINES

Alright, you pass

Attached: 20180915_181312.jpg (2560x1440, 1.44M)

Jesus fucking Christ, dude. I fucking hate you. With a burning passion. You post this image ALL THE FUCKING TIME. We get it. CRTs are incredible technology. They're genuinely wonderful. I own two Trinitrons myself, one for my room and one for my den where most of my consoles are hooked up. The one in my room is even a decent PVM. I know how good they look. The black levels are incredible. The sharpness on the PVM is out of this world. We also know how shit LCD panels can be, especially older ones.

You don't have to make the same god damn thread week after week. There is no new discussion to be had. If you want to talk about or show off your CRTs, consider - a board with a significantly higher quality of posts compared to Yea Forums that will actually appreciate the technology. There is literally a thread dedicated to people posting pictures of their CRTs. Instead, you choose to dwell on Yea Forums and post the same six or seven images that are at least a decade old showing how amazing well-developed tech is compared to, at the time, extremely early tech. I'll take my lightweight, widescreen, high refresh rate, mountable, and less power hungry monitor for my PC for nearly every situation.

Oh yeah, as a side note - it's not 2006 anymore. You can't go to your local school, college, or broadcast station and just get CRTs and PVMs for fucking free. Don't even try that shit with me. They're not going to appear randomly, there's no such thing as CRTs 'R' Us for you to go buy a new one.

Fuck you, OP.

i fucking hate you parroting children. some youtuber told you this shit and you don't know enough or have enough experience to actually substantiate this opinion.

Oh am I not supposed to point out the facts here?

Theres no frame of reference for those pics. Screen type, brand (except the apple), settings for the picture being taken, a control for the image. You cant just post a random picture and assert its proof of anything.

See how almost all of them are insanely grainy? The ISO is way too high, the camera is too sensitive to light for that low light setting, which is then amplifying the light bleed on the screen.

just pick up a CRT from your local friendly merchant, goy

Attached: pvm scalper.png (953x478, 444K)

SOUL

Attached: 1547237286154.jpg (3662x2744, 1.36M)

Only poor fags don't use OLED for vidya

Attached: IMG_20190101_095331-2320x1740.jpg (2320x1740, 619K)

Attached: 1547236953494.jpg (3840x2880, 2.54M)

I paid $60 for a large consumer Trinitron on Craigslist and /crt/ shit on me for both not getting one years ago for free and not waiting longer to find one on the side of the fucking road for free. I'm tired of the bullshit.

Yeah and do you just toss it out and buy a new one every time the fucking windows taskbar burns into the screen?

Attached: 125030850203.png (594x594, 228K)

Don't even pretend to like doom 3. It's universally agreed upon as a dogshit game

OLED is incredible, but I wish burn-in wasn't such an issue. I shouldn't have to treat my television like I'm carrying fine china inside of a circus.

>not using autohide

shut the fuck up frognigger

Wait, you had to pay 60 dollars for a trinitron? Just for a regular consumer CRT?
Holy fuck, things have gotten worse than I thought. It's really gotten the point where the redditors are paying high prices for things that were just left out on the curb?

SOUL

Attached: IMG_20180120_013318.jpg (3264x1836, 2.44M)

>not using autohide
The point is I shouldn't need to juggle my goddamn UI and vidya HUD just to prevent the TV from not an heroing.

>OLED is incredible, but I wish burn-in wasn't such an issue. I shouldn't have to treat my television like I'm carrying fine china inside of a circus.

>OLED is incredible, but I wish burn-in wasn't such an issue. I shouldn't have to treat my television like I'm carrying fine china inside of a circus.
My thoughts exactly. OLED would be perfect if they could solve the burn-in issue. Until that happens, I don't see myself using it, ever.

Imagine trying this hard to defend getting grifted on flat panels that you insist 12 different people didn't take photos correctly

I choose my 21:9 144hz monitor instead. Call me when they make CRTs that offer the same.

It's not 2006 anymore. There are no CRTs left out on the fucking curb anymore. You know what people had in 2006? Brand new HDTVs. Those garbage fucking TVs are what are sitting on the curb now. Try getting outside instead of calling unlucky people redditors.

I honestly consider myself beyond lucky - the TV sat in a single spot for well over twenty years, non-smoking home, taken extremely good care of. Every CRT I've seen on the curb over the past few years have either been rear projection, tiny ass VCR combo units, or simply broken beyond any reasonable repair.

>still thinks its 2010

>Until that happens, I don't see myself using it, ever.
It probably won't happen and it'll be passed on for a better LCD technology down the line. OLED has issues way beyond burn in such as blue diode death.

Not that user but seriously you should learn about photography it's pretty cool, because you clearly have no idea how it works. Not even defending the actual point of the picture, LCD screen black levels being shit, but that is not good picture to prove your point.

Actually there were still fucktons of people putting trinitrons out on the curb in 2014-2016 when I was paying attention to this stuff.

But user
it's the most underrated doom

Didn't he pay several thousand dollars for that?

They didnt take them wrong, they just took them, and the phone handled everything else.

Imagine being so stupid that you would go into a thread about lighting and color and not know anything about it. Now back to bed kiddy.

What's money to a god?

>When you can tell how fat a person is by the way they defend a TV as wide as they are

No actually it's fucking trash but nice opinion idiot

It's not really a bad game, it's just different from the other Dooms. It's an okay spooky game. It also has one of the best menu themes.
youtu.be/SzI7DLR0DPU

>mfw these threads are starting to make me extremely envious

Can't you fags just stick to /vr/ when it comes to bragging about your goddamn CRTVs? My life is already irritating enough without having to feel inferior to cunts on a Vietnamese rice paddy forum.

You're missing the point. With pictures like these, the photo results in the problem looking much more pronounced than it really is. I don't think anyone is arguing that LCDs don't have problems with black levels, because obviously they do. It's just that it doesn't look as bad as in these camera shots

>BUT user WHAT ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK? DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE HIVEMIND
eat shit

I'm actually a master photographer, none of what he said was true. I do my color grading on a lacie22 electron blue4.

You're right. I should. Your mother is waiting.

I recently got a crt and noticed that Gamecube era and later look no better than on an hdtv, though admittedly neither tv I use has s-video. The generation before though, at least seems to have better lighting in dark areas on crt, where it can be almost impossible to see shit on an lcd.

It's a game of chance, dude. I'm sure if I kept waiting, a CRT in the same condition I got mine in would have just shown up and I would be $60 richer. But when was that gonna be? Tomorrow? A month from now? Another year? Longer? What's $60 and a short ride to the next town over compared to waiting literal years for a CRT to just show up?

>he can't lift a ton
Yikes, what are you? A basedboy incel?

they aren't even photos demonstrating poor black levels (although they do partly do that) they're photos demonstrating backlight bleed. You're not very good at this.

Nice false flag user.

>SOUL
>SOULLESS
>OLD GAME GOOD
>NEW GAME BAD

should i get a NEC MultiSync FP950 for 3 dollars? i know jack shit about pc crts

> 1920 x 1440 at 73 Hz
yeah

Jesus fucking Christ, dude. I fucking hate you. With a burning passion. You post this complaint ALL THE FUCKING TIME. We get it. You don't think CRTs are worth discussing. They're too good for you. I own two Diamondtrons myself, one at my desk and one for my den where most of my consoles are hooked up. The one in my room is even a PC monitor. People don't know how good they look. The black levels are incredible. The sharpness on the Mitsubishi is out of this world. But everybody puts up with how shit LCD panels can be, especially older ones.

You don't have to enter the same god damn thread week after week. There is no new discussion to be had with you. If you want to talk about or show off your hot opinions, consider reddit - a site with a significantly lower standards compared to CRT posters that actually appreciate the technology. There is literally a subreddit dedicated to people posting bad opinions. Instead, you choose to dwell in these threads and post the same six or seven arguments that are at least a decade old showing how amazing well-developed tech is not really a big deal compared to the wholly inferior tech that superseded it. I'll take my bulky, 4:3, high motion clarity, low input latency, and power hungry monitor for my PC for nearly every situation.

Oh yeah, as a side note - it's not 2006 anymore. You can't lazily look at ebay and nothing else and just get CRTs and PVMs for fucking free. Don't even try that shit with me. They're not going to appear randomly, you actually have to diligently search to get what's good.

Fuck you, Anonymous.

>master photographer
>doesn't know how ISO works

Attached: 1472809647018.png (217x190, 55K)

Just get a consumer set. You don't need to go all out with a pvmeme if you don't want to. But good lord don't buy one, that's retarded. Just hunt around for old boomers finally getting rid of theirs on craigslist or w/e.

Alternatively, get a 4K TV and play emulators with CRT filters. Normally I think 4K is an absolute meme, but I think it might actually be useful for CRT filters because they have enough pixels to actually replicate the look of phosphors

>defend a good game that happens to be old
>OH SO YOU JUST DON'T LIKE NEW STUFF HURRR?
yeah fuck right off

Attached: 1560575148358.jpg (720x619, 45K)

Don't you fucking quote me, I said 3 was okay, I didn't even mention 4.

maximum comfy dude

Attached: 1529404167603.jpg (900x1200, 284K)

37 inch sony trinitron for sale in my town for 30 bucks

CuckRT plebs mad

>thinking it's a problem with ISO
It's not.

Attached: orig.jpg (1792x2024, 291K)

You have literally zero excuse for paying that much for a CRT. I paid $40 for a monitor capable of doing 4K a couple of months ago, and have gotten several top end tubes for free.

3 was never good, shut the fuck up and stop being contrarian faggots

youtu.be/LhIS4FdS7co
It was remixed in 4 but I don't really like it. But at least it was in there.

I have the same CRT it's a GDM F520

are these even made anymore / is crt the one that causes cancer / do any of them work with HDMI in any capacity?
entry level questions for an entry level thread, since this isn't a general, is someone not jaded enough to ignore these?

cool. will a cheap HDMI to VGA adapter go me good? my GPU has no dvi

That's because 5th gen and before, almost all games used 240p (with the scanlines), whereas 6th gen was that awkward middle ground where the resolution was 480i, as in interlaced.

Even then, 480i games still look a fuckton better on a standard def CRT compared to on an LCD. Although if you have component cables to play those games in 480p, they end up looking nice on an LCD.

Nice, how did you get yours?

I have a 1080i flat screen trinitron that takes DVI D. Same as hdmi just no audio

Show me, nigger. I looked for years. Literal years. I've seen more mid 2000s 720p flat panels than you've probably ever seen in your fucking life. I was sick and fucking tired of waiting.

>are these even made anymore
production ended about 5 years ago
>is crt the one that causes cancer
no, that's old propaganda, but blue light in flat panels is being linked to tons of issues now.
> do any of them work with HDMI in any capacity?
yeah but it's an analog display so you're best off using dvi-i.

Kijiji

Where exactly do you live? Maybe it's just a matter of location. I live nearby Philly and there was CRT stuff out the ass all day every day when I was looking.

Best of both worlds is 480p on a multiformat CRT.

Input lag is fine. Slower pixel refresh times can lead to a higher degree of screen motion blur/trailing but it's not really bad these days as long as you get a decent model. What is bad about IPS gaming monitors is the IPS glow, in dark scenes some or all of the corners will glow up with a very noticeable yellow tint. Some get used to it, some can't stand it. With bias lighting it's improved somewhat.

ISO and underexposure are the two things that cause noise in digital photography.

Lol

>contrarian
nah most people would agree it's pretty good

you learn that in highschool?

It amazes me that there are actually idiots who still shill crt. the most cringe worthy and pathetic shit I have seen here.

The CRT. As a zoomie, the left one has more soul to me

Someone just post a 720p 144hz crt monitor with render resolution at 200%

Attached: 1562832486655.jpg (1000x603, 73K)

True, but I didn't want to go into more niche stuff like that.
Luckily I have a Toshiba HDCRT that I specifically use for 6th gen 480p games. Inherited it from my parents, the thing is fucking massive at 36", but it looks terrific.

I have an Acer from around 2014 or 15 and I never see glow. Maybe I got really lucky but man it's a great IPS and it was a cheaper Acer. I forget the model but it's got thin bezels

I'm in the middle of nowhere in NY. I'm about an hour outside of NYC with no traffic, but I'm far enough out to live next to cattle and goats. This is what I'm talking about - obviously if you're in a fairly densely populated area your chances for finding this shit skyrocket. For a grand majority of the US, and I'd argue a lot of other first world countries, there's not that level of luck just laying around. It's also not worth it for me to drive all the way to NYC for a "free" CRT when I could pay cash and have one within ten minutes of my house.

It's just you two in here agreeing it's good. You two are not most people.

true

Attached: ouchies.webm (595x465, 696K)

Standard definition CRT handles 480i natively so it looks pretty nice despite the interlacing effect. On an LCD it doesn't have to look bad if the deinterlacing is good.

Yeah?

It's not a major issue, Rtings literally had to run CNN continuously for months before burn in occurred rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Burn is a meme mindlessly parroted by people who have no idea what they're talking about

>has no points to make so he just flounders

Step up your game

Attached: 1516314948605.gif (500x364, 983K)

Hey buddy

Attached: 20190716_194520.jpg (3264x2448, 1.26M)

unfortunately there isn't really a good way to deinterlace a picture. You're best sticking with 480i on a CRT, otherwise it gets really blurry, really unresponsive for video games.

This is my closet. I got that OEV203 and Panasonic BT-H1390YN for free.

Unless you're in Southern Cali/Florida then you have zero excuse.

Attached: closet.jpg (4032x3024, 1.82M)

What about VA?

Holy shit, thats the FW900 isnt it?!

Still waiting for your point desu

Attached: lcd-bleed1.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

Yeah, picked it up last Saturday for $100.

I suppose, but that depends on your screen and whether you have one that handles deinterlacing well.

For me personally, there was a long period of time before I was redpilled on CRTs where I was playing stuff like Wii and PS2 on a newer LCD HDTV. I remember my games looking like straight ass, and thinking "gee, I don't remember them looking this bad when I first got them" but just chalked it up to nostalgia.

But no, turned out it actually did just look like ass on the LCD. Hooked them back up to the old CRT I used to use, and they look great.
And another underrated "feature" of CRTs is the way they don't do exact pixels results in a natural antialiasing effect, so even at lower res, jaggies are much less pronounced

I've never used one. I'm sure there's got to be some shitty downside to those too, right?

>You two are not most people.
>i however am the decider as to whether or not a game is bad

>fat people would want inceLEDs since its light for their fat asses to pick up
> strongmen would want ChadRTs because it gives them a workout

There's panel lottery involved for sure, but it's a problem to a greater or lesser degree on many of them. Try putting up a completely black screen in a dark room and see if you can spot it in addition to the shitty black levels IPS also has. I have the xb270hu and my panel definitely has glow in dark areas, so I would never play a very dim and dark game on it. I play those on an OLED TV and trust me it looks much better, the contrast makes any light source pop. From dark grey and up in brightness the glow is hardly noticeable anymore on the IPS though.

Quake 4 or Doom 3 or whatever that is sucks shit
Halflife 2 is shit, but the PC version of halo is much fucking worse
That keyboard makes me wanna fucking puke
SOME sony trinitrons were good - the one in your pic is garbage, but it's less horrendous to play on than the fucking early shit dell you have (look at that color contrast, disgusting blacks and horrible blur)

NOWADAYS there are flat panels that are pretty good and beat most CRTs. unless you have like a $500 CRT like the viewsonic PF 795 or something that does 1920x1440 at 100+hz (and therefore can do 240hz at lower resolutions for things like quake 3 / cpma / ut99 / xonotic / warsow / reflex / toxikk / the upcoming diabotical, you're better off with a regular ~$200 144hz 1080p monitor

That's a really good deal, good grab man

>checks your nostalgia

Attached: rage.jpg (434x434, 26K)

4k 144hz CRT when

Attached: 1534216400992.jpg (327x239, 10K)

CRT, especially if you're going to be using a 4:3 display. Widescreen aspect ratios are where going flat panel is justified because the tubes that'll do them are hard to come by and increasingly memed to hell.

Old freelance CAD types and CRT autists who already found one but are looking to downscale.

Attached: It's a Sony™.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

Actually you began an argument about photography you seemed pretty confident in but now you've shriveled up like a dick in winter.

Maybe Mr. Master Photographer can explain to the thread why the LCDs are so bright in photos and not to the naked eye.

Attached: 1518674108926.png (894x902, 1.08M)

>tfw you don't have backlight bleed problems despite buying a model where one of the only complaints is potential backlight bleed

youtube.com/watch?v=m_NeIyG98Nc
Here's a test video for you laddies who want to know if your monitor bleeds or not.

>fps
>comfy
You don't know the meaning of the word.

Attached: c172.png (1909x1003, 2.91M)

i loved doom 3 and then i came here and everyone hated it for some reason

That's not a closet that's the end of a CRT assembly line.

doom may not be as comfy, but it's still comfy

why is it on the floor?

also wouldn't that room be full of spiders because of the wood?

pretty much just ebay, and niche interest forums.

What's wrong with spiders? They're bros.

its not, its not a good doom game but its a pretty good horror game. I bet you think FF8 is a bad game too because some e-celeb mongoloid made a video about it

Avoid eBay at all costs. There's no reason decades-old TVs should be worth anything more than $20.

I'll bite, they're not very photogenic and although there is some color loss and saturation and massive amounts of gamma they're extremely good compared to the shit we had in 2002-3 or so. I remember the great leap at about 2005 when that shit was finally tolerable, we're light years ahead. Still love my crt, but it died.

Yeah aliasing does improve on CRTs. In 480i the interlacing effect in itself kind of blends in with the aliasing so it doesn't look as pronounced, coupled with the other benefits of CRT tech you mentioned. I also have an old Japanese LCD from 2008 that has a lot of legacy support for 240p/480i content with tons of s-video and YPbPr inputs, and its deinterlacing is pretty decent. Wii 480p YPbPr looks sharper than 480i on my CRT but on the flip side the jaggies look way worse. Xenoblade Chronicles looks like it was rendered by an epileptic in a disco.

Just go to any thrift store and there will be many CRT televisions, sadly I never find monitors. Is a TV with an HDMI to Composite adapter good enough?

Attached: screenshot_doom3.png (1280x800, 19K)

CRTs are hard to photograph for a dozen reasons. Photos don't replicate how they look in real life. DSLRs can get close but they're not like LCDs where it's a still, flat image.

based

>arguing this hard just to be contrarians
God damn guys just let it go

Go back in time and stop Canon from shitting the bed with FED/SED technology

Attached: sed-tv-b_1_.jpg (280x310, 36K)

I hated it because the weapons were shitty. They sounded shitty, and even felt shitty. We all know the flashlight was retarded. The level design had some nice geometry, but they mostly boiled down to corridors. Enemy bodies disappearing sucked. I didnt care for the story. The game needed a lot more levels set in hell.

this is such horseshit this game looked amazing on pc when it came out was one to test that graphics card ya just bought and its a great half life style doom game. fucking loved this game as much as doom 2 and doom 64

This is closer to OLED than CRT. Sure you had tiny electron tubes as the pixels but in the end it's still fixed-grid pixel arrangements that lead to shitty scaling and blur on lower resolutions. It had contrast going for it but so does OLED.

VA has better black levels than IPS but more motion blur/trailing and poorer viewing angles. It's the best alternative for OLED on TVs since they're the most resilient to burn-in and still retain decent black levels, as long as they have full array local dimming with many zones. The best $2000 gaming monitors with 4k 144hz, g-sync and 1000 nit HDR also uses this panel technology with FALD.

i love the dark aesthetic. i play games as dark as i can.

OLED55B6P from 2016 here. No burn in at all yet, and I play retro shit and leave static desktop open on it constantly like a 3rd monitor.
Only burn in i've seen was temporary from Super Mario Bros 3 playing all day, bar along the bottom briefly.

Attached: itsfine.jpg (3000x2000, 2.1M)

I don't miss CRTs but part of me would like one back just so I could play old PC games without having to worry about workarounds for resolution all the time.

>bruh I know lets turn off all the lights and then max out the brightness
what retard

Burn-in is permanent, so what you saw was image retention. Temporary image retention is almost unavoidable with static elements but it goes away pretty fast. If you do get burn-in, which some definitely do under some conditions (panel lottery, high brightness level, bright red, orange and yellow static elements), the burned in part of the image would be evident in most color shades and be annoying as fuck.

>webOS

Wish I still had a computer CRT. All I have now are these shits.

Attached: 20190716_200832.jpg (3984x2988, 2.83M)

Those are LCDs not showing an image at all. This is how shitty their "black level" is, utterly destroyed by OLED which is as black as if the screen was turned completely off. Brightness has nothing to do with it whatsoever because that only affects an actual image being displayed.

>Had a nice Sony Trinitron 29 inch
>Mom just gave it away without telling me.
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. I LOVED THAT TV.

IPS is the patrician choice, tardass.

enjoy your glow

the PVM meme is a poor PC monitor?

>100 years later and CRT still essily compete against LEDs
How embarrassing

prove it then. bring your rebuttal.

Attached: tv.jpg (640x360, 50K)

No, it's a high end monitor with high quality phosphors and a very high line count. The bottom one is a 20L5 which for a lot of people is a holy grail due to its multiformat syncing and no real sync issues.

I have no idea how to use them as a PC monitor, so I've never tried; I just use them for VHS and my PS2. I used to have a 30 inch XM29 monitor which had a VGA port and it was the best PC monitor that I've ever owned, but I unfortunately had to get rid of it due to space at the time.

I'll enjoy my lack of color value clipping and actual decent colors. Your glow is practically superfluous and irrelevant outside of the inherent display brightness required to accurately display the range of colors it provides.
The only complaint of merit with regards to IPS is the inability to display the deepest blacks and the high cost for high refresh rates. IPS should be preferable to those who are uninterested in seeking refresh rates higher than 60hz, or at the very least at the cost of what could otherwise afford them a more accurate color space.

They're not made for use as a PC monitor, the resolution is typically standard definition just like old tube TVs. They're excellent for retro consoles though, the image quality from an RGB source is pristine.

hey guys is the CRT deadly radioactive xrays a meme or it's actually a thing? I remember that a buddy of mine back in the day had some kind of blueish screen that would go over the CRT monitor to "reduce the bad waves coming from it". Is that a 90's meme or that was actually a thing?

It's a meme.

You get more radiation exposure from eating a banana than you do from a year's worth of CRT usage.

What system are you playing on?

it was marketing from lcd manufacturers.

Lest we forget woods natural ability to produce spiders out of thin air.

Attached: fbc8bf12dd2304dc4ba5fd5abb5aa9d0148fbbf8_full.jpg (184x184, 10K)

I'd like to know how my LG OLED has the Science Channel logo burned in after I let my parents sleep over for two nights, then.

All I can say is that you're a lucky man. Don't know what else to tell you.

You did try the pixel refresh, right? I've had logos retain in the image but the manual pixel refresh always cleans it up.

t.brainlet

Spiders seek out that kind of habitat, moron!

I have. It's still there, ever so faintly. It's only really noticeable on a pitch black screen, but the fact that it's there is more depressing than anything.

It must be rough living in Australia.

Right, 100% of the time

ok, here's what you do my man. unplug all cables from the CRT. then, flip it over. take off the stand. it won't be needed. pick it up again, then shove it right up your fucking ass!

Attached: jay-wilson.jpg (504x284, 35K)

God I hate this so fucking much
Lower right corner in my screen already suffers that after 2 years

>the PVM meme is a poor PC monitor?
They take only very specific resolutions that TVs used and almost all models do not take RGB with separate H & V sync that is standard for analog PC output.

They're nice tubes, but awful choices for PC content given they already cost quite a bit and require external signal management to display anything.

did you try changing the ISO of your eyes

PVM is for broadcast use, so it can't do anything better than regular NTSC video. Shit for PCs but great for consoles, VHS, and DVD.