Is this true...

Is this true? Do you really think that people will do anything to support the company of their choice the way one would worship a god?

Attached: 1563221293791.png (1322x1096, 1.07M)

>durr because it makes money means it must be quality
Grow up children

yes.

It's true. Some people do worship companies, but celebrity worship is a lot more common - think about it, why is an actor or athlete's opinion valuable when it comes to anything (other than their profession)? It isn't, but people just worship them like higher beings

nintendofags, sure.
normal people, no.

This only happens with Nintendo, mostly japanese stuff too.

yes, and im not speaking from a tradcuck christcuck perspective. western consumerist culture is just late stage christianity.

There are people that far gone, but I imagine that many would snap out of it if it were ever brought to their attention offline.
There's a certain disconnect over the internet that leads people to take more extreme actions than they otherwise would. I feel like all the corporate cock sucking is just a side effect of this and perhaps also a result of targeted ad campaigns that are meticulously crafted to dig into the undeveloped brains of children and hook them for life.

don't act like every faggot on this board isnt always shilling whatever company made the first console they owned. only exception is PC fags who are just as bad in their own fucked up way

Ironically yes

Attached: image.jpg (1673x1136, 163K)

If a KeemstarĀ“s "Stupid N1gger" had people crying over his suicide, then yes, Celebrity worshipping is toxic.

>that leads people to take more extreme actions than they otherwise would
I honestly feel that half of all rabid corporate loyalty comes from people fucking hating their opposition rather than particularly loving the company

No, but nitpicky whiners who wanna tear good games like Sword and Shield down certainly are cultish.

I cried with laughter that they actually were crazy enough to just upscale a 3DS game and tout it as the first genuine console experience. And the best part is that it's going to be the best selling game in the franchise. They're god damned geniuses.

That pic made me think. What if that's true and plebs literally need someone or something to worship?

The game has not released yet, good if GF fixes the issues which I doubt.

>good games like Sword and Shield

Attached: 1560478713986.png (480x320, 15K)

>Gamefreak announces they will add all the pokemon back in on one condition: Someone is sacrificed to them.
>This sacrifice will be pardoned by the government
Do you honestly think Pokefreaks wouldn't do it?

We're looping back in on the NPC argument. Some people just don't experience the same level of consciousness. Some have no thoughts other than "I like X" "I dislike Y"

They'll never be able to articulate why they feel that way because they're barely even people.

Nintendo good.
Nintendo bad.

They need someone to control them and tell them how to feel and think.

Pokefreaks would sacrifice themselves for more KANTOOOO pandering

I kinda noticed this the other day talking to somebody about films. They couldn't explain why it was good outside they enjoyed it.

Yes but they're a very small minority. The majority of pokemon fans are calling out GF's lazyness but they're going to buy the game because each pokemon game has 100+ hours of content to justify the purchase but they'll admit Pokemon as a series is just 95% wasted potential.
People addicted to MMO's, notably OSRS/WoW/FFXIV, that complain about the game every fucking day yet worship and defend the game like a god when you point out that they should stop playing it is a better example

"modern people don't have religion or kings, they choose to worship companies and celebs instead"
woah...

Attached: 1558044523683.jpg (2464x1648, 365K)

It's frustrating because so many people act that way. Like a good 80-90% could never tell me why they actually like or dislike something.

And that itself is just like a litmus test for their overall thought processes on everything. If they can't describe how they feel about things they actually care about, then they probably don't really ever put that much thought into anything in life.

And on the internet, most people who have the appearance of this sort of understanding are just repeating shit they read elsewhere and re-writing it like a child doing a book report.

You can't just live life constantly avoiding these sorts of people, but I can never take my relationships with people like that seriously.

It's mostly just Nintendo fans desu.
Though there are extremes on all platforms and brands, Nintendo is one that's consistently bad mostly because of its software associated with kids, autism, and manchildren.

Attached: 2.webm (426x240, 1.25M)

I have a friend who to me seems like a fairly intelligent person and for some reason he's always ready to defend garbage video games/movies. I don't think I've ever heard of him say a game is simply BAD. I think the "sunk cost fallacy" is the main culprit here, people don't want to feel stupid so they come up with the wildest things to defend their purchase (this is the reason for console wars as well)