What is it about Sonic Adventure 3 that he's so opposed to...

What is it about Sonic Adventure 3 that he's so opposed to? Why was every other brand-damaging venture that Sonic has been through over the years a better alternative than Sonic Adventure 3?

Attached: iizuka-smile-e1291062935241-1024x755.jpg (1024x755, 206K)

Sonic '06 was adventure 3

and some say Heroes was as well.

I don’t see the desire for a Sonic Adventure 3. People seem to ask for it all the time, whilst not realising how poorly the gameplay has aged. I’d rather SEGA tried making a game that isn’t boost, but isn’t Adventure or any other gimmick game. SEGA should look at other momentum and parkour style games like RayMan Legends, Cloud Built, even Super Mario Odyssey would be a good example.

Lost World had a parkour mechanic that could easily be built and improved upon. I don’t see why they needed to scrap it instead of making it better. A Sonic platformer with smooth player movement, well implemented parkour and no added gimmicks like Chao Garden, treasure hunting, shooting, etc would be great.

And yet, neither use a gameplay structure similar to adventure 1 and 2.

There's no powerups, backtracking, alternate mission types, or chao garden. The only thing both games have is multiple playable characters.

Shut the fuck up. Nobody wants another entry in your shitty series and nobody with taste likes Adventure AT ALL.

I don't even think he honestly cares about Sonic games after Forces. He just convinces Sega hire ups to fund them every now and then in need of a paycheck.

just give sonic back to Dimps.

Not gonna die on the "Heroes being SA3" hill right now but as for Sonic '06:
>There's no powerups
Yes there are. Sonic even has the fucking Bounce Bracelet for his bounce move. The rest of what you described isn't 100% necessary for an Adventure styled game. Sonic '06 has:
>three playable characters with their own unique gimmicks
>plus every other character is playable within those stories
>introduces a new hedgehog
>has a monster of the week that's literally just fire Chaos
>has multiple hub worlds
>has a big dumb overblown super serious story like SA2 did
>said big dumb story intertwines with other characters' stories like SA1 did
>Wave Ocean is literally just Emerald Coast Mk. II
>the Egg Carrier is back again even if it's not named

I could go on and on. If Sonic '06 isn't SA3, then it's some sort of remake/reboot of the Adventure series. But it is definitely an Adventure game in all but name. You have to make a really strong case against it being one, and I simply don't think you've got enough evidence to support it.

Attached: 1546819597993.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Attached: DimpsSonic.jpg (1110x644, 442K)

Because he knows modern Sonic Team is so garbage that an Adventure 3 will just be a giant 06-tier clusterfuck. This is why every Iizuka-led game since Colors has played it safe, and why when someone else headed up a mainline game it fell on its ass (Forces).

wow, ONE bad game.

Adventure 1 was legitimate trash
Adventure 2 was better, but people who like that game only remember a couple fun levels (most, arguably all of them being Sonic/Shadow stages) and forget the tedium of the majority of the game

I sincerely doubt an Adventure 3 would actually fix the issues with 3D Sonic games

Dimps when they were allowed to just do whatever: actually good
Dimps with a rushed deadline, shit budget, and having to port a mobile game to console: fuck you

No shit. Third-party developers are only ever as good as the publishers who contract them. Sega does this all the fucking time.

Unironically the worst opinion I’ve ever seen in a Sonic thread.

thats a fucking terrible idea

Attached: 1538621715438.gif (512x512, 716K)

>ONE
>Lost World 3DS
>Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2
Despite Episode 2 being the best of this bunch, it's still not very good

Google "Sonic the Sissyhog"

>>Lost World 3DS
Was better than the console version.

In some areas I agree.
But then I remember the forced gyro controls, awful Special Stages, and classic Dimps level design of everything being over a bottomless pit mixed with said gyro controls. Not to mention some really awful stages like Frozen Factory Zone 3 and Sky Road Zone 2.

Eat shit adventurecucks, your shitty games started Sonic on his current path of self destruction.

Attached: 1504377445525.gif (600x450, 1.5M)

SA3 would be too easy an idea to make too much money so they decide to not do it. Duh

Unleashed was, I think it was even titled 'World Adventure' in Japan.

>I think it was even titled 'World Adventure' in Japan
That's like saying Sonic Rush Adventure was the next Sonic Adventure

Iizuka knows that he can never possibly meet expectations with SA3 and so will never try.

>There's no powerups
>What is the light dash shoes
>What is the bounce bracelet
>What is the power bracelet
>What are any of the gems
>What is the air chip
>What is antigravity
>What is the shock bracelet
>What is the heart of wind
Good to know you never played 06

>let's make a sequel to a game thats plot was resolved and further resolved in the immediate releases following
>while we're at it, we'll bring back the multiple characters that took up valuable dev time which could be redirected at the fun (good) parts of the game

Anyone who still wants SA3 can choke on cock.

Attached: 129791361355.jpg (320x320, 17K)

I can tell you didn't play '06 at all you fucking faggot.

>I can tell you didn't play '06 at all
and thats a good thing!

Sure, but it isn't for the point being made

>>while we're at it, we'll bring back the multiple characters that took up valuable dev time which could be redirected at the fun (good) parts of the game
To be fair, even when the game is focused on one/two characters Sonic Team still manages to fuck it up somehow, so that's not really a very compelling argment there.

Lost World only had Sonic as a playable character, and they shat the bed. Sonic Forces had two gameplay styles, with the third character just being Modern Sonic with a grappling hook and a gun, and it was a piece of shit game, I honestly believe Colors and Generations were flukes because they were immediately followed with two mediocre ass games.

Treasure hunting levels are fun though if the level design is good. SA1-style Tails levels would be fine if they weren't just "Sonic's level again but you can fly over everything now".
Amy's hammer gameplay is fine apart from her terrible movement, and E101 is solid. Fuck SA2-style mechs and fuck Big's fishing but everything else can stay.

Colors wasn't even that good either. It played like a poor mans Unleashed and 90% was just bad 2D platforming sections. The writing was awful too
People only say Colors is good because it isn't offensively bad like most of the series

Lost World was a clear experiment to get away from the boost formula, but the level design aped too much off of Mario Galaxy to really take advantage of the new movement system. Forces is trash and was clear from the getgo that donut OC was supposed to be Boom Sonic. My biggest problem with Colors is that you had one fun full-length stage per world and a bunch of filler trash inbetween.

as far as unleashed goes fuck you i liked the werehog

Reminder that SA1 had the best movement physics for Sonic out of any game. All it was missing is the bounce bracelet and a decent camera.

>breathe on analog stick
>sonic careens off into the wall

Based Cyberbro

People only want Adventure 3 because they think the Adventure brand will magically make it have the chao garden.

>but the level design aped too much off of Mario Galaxy
Made worse by the fact that the level themes were ripped from NSMB, in the same damn order too. That's just shameless.

>and was clear from the getgo that donut OC was supposed to be Boom Sonic
Actually, the OC was planned from the beginning and SEGA of Japan wanted it to have an even bigger focus. SoA had to tell them how retarded of an idea that was.

On that note, why the hell did the Twitter account do so many teases/polls in relation to the Chao Garden? That just seems like an awful idea if they have no plans on delivering.

You can like the Werehog as much as you want, because I like it too, but don't you try to deny that it wasn't just a poor man's God of War clone that only served to pad out the game and overstayed it's welcome fairly quickly.

god i miss abusing the spindash.

>abuse spindash and jump on a ramp or slope
>Sonic goes to infinity and beyond
Loved that shit and to fuck around while skipping parts of stages.