Why don't ZUN and Touhou fans care about the PC-98 games?

Why don't ZUN and Touhou fans care about the PC-98 games?

Attached: t2ex.png (633x395, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fMdGSTE4-Zk
youtu.be/8dHMVmhBogk
youtube.com/watch?v=6r_826wNorw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i very much care, dipshit
i would post some lunatic score to prove my point but im a filthy phoneposter right now
PoDD is a beautiful mirror of the trends of anime in the 90s and has awesome as hell ost

What's the best game to start the series with? Never played a bullet hell game before.

EoSD

I recommend Ten Desires, it's the easiest one to start with

>work as one of Yukari's shikigami
>become apprentice to Eirin
>work as a servant of Remilia
>become associate editor of the Bunbunmaru Weekly
>work as staff in Former Hell's nuclear power plant
>open up a shop in the human village selling western food
Choose

Work as a servant of Remilia and fuck Sakuya and Patchouli

Attached: 1431741286598.jpg (768x1024, 70K)

Eirin

>implying that Remilia would be willing to share

id be an editor

Which one results in you being immortal?

they were shitty

The poor contrast between bullets and background made it a mess to play. Beaten all of them myself but did not even care to try 1-5 in lunatic due to the contrast

working as a servant of remilia would be my fucking dream job, sakuya would be a great friend

Attached: 1563088906669.jpg (1634x2048, 210K)

the people that eventually got me into touhou were into the pc98 games (in fact these were the only games to discuss at the time) but i didn't get into them then, because i was actually really busy at the time. by the time i had the time to actually play games again the windows games were what everyone talked about

Yeah but you have to put up with all their bullshit, plus your coworkers are useless fairies.

imperishable night, all other responses are wrong

>The poor contrast between bullets and background made it a mess to play.
fucking tell me about it. trying to play LLS later stages is eye cancer. pc-98 has good music and charming art but god pc-98fags overrate the games so much. the windows game are x100 better

the original copies of those games are coveted, and cost a metric fuckton, if you are ever lucky enough to find one

can't see how what you just said can be a problem

What year is it supposed to be in the outside world during the events of the 2hu games?

>Reimu is of the opinion that an unbearable heatwave is 27-28 C
Bwahaha no, that doesnt even warrant turning on the ceiling fan let alone the AC

Fuck fairies and fuck youkai

I keep hearing this, but I don't get it. The spellcards in EoSD are much more straigthforward, as long as you are comfortable with bombing your way out of bad RNG.

Actual fact: ZUN lost the source code for them.

based drunk developer

Attached: ZUN.jpg (467x278, 38K)

2hu events take place in the year they're released in. so eosd took place in 2002

What happened in the outside world during Phantasmagoria of Flower View (2005)?

can someone tell me when ZUN decided old characters would stop getting brought back

>bring back alice
>yuuka

Attached: 2019_0602_0214_48840.png (1600x900, 2.74M)

Grapemu is too good for this shitty world.

Attached: 1548428283515.png (625x600, 242K)

PC98 Reimu is absolute kino.

>work as one of Yukari's shikigami
Sounds reasonable as long as she and her furfag friends are not allowed to eat me.
>become apprentice to Eirin
She is wise as fuck but I fear that I won't be able to keep up. Still, good choice
>work as a servant of Remilia
Fuck no.
Might as well work for Kotaku.
>work as staff in Former Hell's nuclear power plant
Too hot and too many asshole ghosts.
>open up a shop in the human village selling western food
I can't cook for shit and Yukari would fuck my ass for making the villagers go woke.

On the bright side, they have some damn good boss fights and no gimmicks.

>Sounds reasonable as long as she and her furfag friends are not allowed to eat me.
No but you will get Shikigami software installed which entails possession and overriding of your mind/soul/personality with one of Yukari's choosing to an unspecified degree

Agreed, they have a lot of charm and are definitely worth playing at least once on Normal or Hard, but some of their problems make it inadvisable to try Lunatic unless you're really dedicated to them.
I really wanted to try the extra stages but I watched a video of someone perfecting Evil Eye Sigma and could tell it would be a LOT of trial-and-error just to learn the muscle memory requires, which kinda sucks.

Them I will politely ask her to install linux in my body.

Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil, Imperishable Night, Ten Desires, or Double Dealing Character. The other games are not better or worse, but a lot of the games have all sorts of gimmicks. The four I listed are pretty straightforward mechanically and will get you familiar with the game.

>quit job
Free ticket to Gensokyo

Fuck you PC 98 just doesnt work with the zun bullet hell.

>cross barrier to Gensokyo
>get eaten before you've traveled 300 meters
What was the next step of your master plan?

>he thinks the pc98 games are bullet hell
Aside from Gengetsu's timeout all of PC98 Touhou is entry-level shit.

Who are more insufferably arrogant: lunarians, or celestials?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fMdGSTE4-Zk

Attached: 1560399722992.png (834x733, 419K)

Fact: Sanae is cuter than Reimu

Fact: Marisa is cuter than both of them

Attached: 1548614845671.png (900x1200, 1.12M)

gimmicks? spell cards make fights way more fun and interesting

7 is both early, simple, and easy enough that you shouldn't have trouble starting there.
8 will build bad habits with super forgiving death bombs while 6 has wonky hitboxes.
However if you aren't a complete scrub you should be able to handle any of them as your first.
Just go with whichever one has the cuter girls.

Fact: MORIYA SHRINE CAN GET THE FUCK OUT OF GENSOKYO AND STOP RUINING THE FAITH ECONOMY, YOU AND YOUR DISCOUNT SHITTER GOD HAVE BEEN RESPONSIBLE FOR A CASCADING DOMINO EFFECT RESULTING IN THE LAST 20 INCIDENTS

Attached: 1526645888840.png (400x480, 115K)

>mfw fighting Junko for the first time
Is this bullshit really spellcard rule compliant? I'm starting to feel that this is legitimate attempted murder.

I assume he's referring to stuff like the cherry blossom borders in 7, the familiar system in 8, the UFOs in 12, etc etc.

PC-98 Reimu is really pretty

Attached: f0bdd9f022ee55bde26eccf2df8d2e6b026441f7.png (1000x1032, 630K)

If you can't handle the heat then get off the moon.
It's all fair and possible unless you're on her last spellcard on Lunatic mode.

Attached: junko.png (1149x1017, 1.07M)

>It's all fair and possible
>fair
but she does 2v1 you at the end of the extra stage which is pretty much cheating and at least Reisen does point that out

The only people who get to complain about cheating are people weak enough to lose to it. Seija never complained even though she had a whole game in which people attacked her with danmaku meant to be undodgeable.

Eirin
Sooner or later, that princess is gonna get thirsty.

I want a murderous Reimu to come after me and become a cockhound after succumbing to my dick.

>Alice was brought back just to be Marisa's IN partner
Who knows, honestly. I think Yuuka was just fanservice. I hope WBaWC brings back a character, since they're going to actual Hell, like in HRtP.

It literally is, her danmaku is crafted more to be murderous rather than beautiful.

youtu.be/8dHMVmhBogk

Attached: 1540484206758.png (145x127, 30K)

I'm gonna post some mouse and get away with it!

Attached: 73345359_p0.jpg (456x351, 93K)

Seija was a fugitive wanted by everyone, which is why they were all ignoring normal spellcard rules. Even if she did complain, she'd have nobody to complain to.

>not being both

Attached: Th16SC094.jpg (386x451, 427K)

BRING BACK MEIRA

It's true, how many angel robot maids do you see in this day and age? They were practically dime a dozen back then between Ruukoto and VIVIT from Seihou and Mahoro from Gainax's less flawed work.

>6 has wonky hitboxes.
Wat. It's quite the opposite. Hitboxes are a lot more forgiving since you dont get to see your own hitbox while focusing.

Just play them in release order from 6 since it's the first windows game. You should do this for any game/movie/media imo

too much soul confuses the secondaries

>soul vs soul
youtube.com/watch?v=6r_826wNorw