Do you think they'll drop the price on this DLC this week on the account of final fest? i mean I heard its good...

Do you think they'll drop the price on this DLC this week on the account of final fest? i mean I heard its good, but $20 Buck good??

Attached: octo expansion.jpg (600x774, 122K)

It's literally on sale right now

It's The Old Hunters tier good for its game.

Why? The normal campaign is nothing to write home about and nobody is going to care you can play as Octolings despite Octoling girls being objectively sexier than Inklings.

It’s $30 good
It’s nearly twice the size of the vanilla campaign, it’s far more inventive and it has actually good writing and story

Old hunters introduces a ton of new weapons and tools to the game. This basically adds skins and some more single player shit. It’s ok but no one would say they got splatoon for the single player.

Comparative wise, TOH is a 10/10 expansion for a 9/10 game while Octo is a 8/10 expansion for a 7/10 singleplayer campaign.
Why would you care for this DLC if you don't play the singleplayer?

Attached: 1546792880656.png (304x259, 99K)

It's bullshit that they've already dropped support for this game. No doubt the inevitable sequel that is more or less the same is round the corner. How fucking hard is it to script a bot that just loads more words once a month for a few more years?

This is why I don't buy multiplayer games any more

The game is still supposed though?

*supported

This. I just bought it, haven't played it yet. Will after the Splatfest.

it was $14 at target yesterday

What part of Final do you not understand? That's the end of updates, same as Splatoon 1. Except this time they got more cash out of you saps with the DLC just before they stop doing updates or the splatfests

Getting the equipment rerolls is incredibly tedious if you just play normally, splatfests are the only sane way to get a lot of those things

>TOH is a 10/10 expansion
>reused areas and enemies
lol

Ending splatfests and new content is not the same as dropping support entirely user

Is Octo good enough to rebuy the base game? I already bought it once before at full price and the singleplayer mode sucked so hard I traded it back in 6 months later. It left a really bad taste in my mouth. What makes Octo so good that I should buy the game again and buy the expansion?

Why did you buy a multiplayer focused game for its very short single player mode full price?

All you have now is the grind for equipment rerolls. Good luck playing against the people that already have perfect rolls for their favourite weapon. Splatoon became unplayable when people got to that point and you hadn't yet

>not playing based salmon run
Unironically best mode of the game

It's the best DLC on Switch, hands down. It beats that shitty BotW DLC right in the ass.

I'd argue that the XC2 DLC was better but I guess it's not technically a first party game and is also somewhat niche.

I'm sad that there were barely any updates to salmon run

True
I can already see them expanding on it in splat 3. Wouldn't be surprised if Mr Grizz is the new main villain or something

>need smartphone app to get chaos/order gear
This is such bullshit.

Attached: 1198937844229.jpg (447x446, 49K)

The Sunken Scrolls are certainly hinting at it

>Splatoon became unplayable when people got to that point and you hadn't yet
Made 25 level in the last 2 weeks, never played this series before, must be sad being so bad at this game.

>Not buying it overpriced from Murch
I have made multiple mistakes

Attached: 1482168686099.png (436x330, 217K)

Check your news feed.

No to sound like a Nintendo cuck, but Octo Expansion feels like it's worth a bit more than $20. It's probably the best video game expansion in recent memory

That's because it's nothing like the normal campaign

Launch the game from the news tab