*ruins your shelf*

*ruins your shelf*

>It's okay bro, the black label version only costs $40 more.

Attached: Greatest_Hits_banners.png (314x130, 42K)

I have these and I don't care.

red is fine but the ps1 green is unbearable

>instead of paying 60 bucks for an unpatched version of the game you can pay 20 and get either an unchanged or updated version at the expense of the box looking off
what's not to love?

should have made the covers double sided

ok so i got a GH version
flip cover oh look now its the proper original cover

you have to be seriously autistic to think this

Attached: mcgregor come on.jpg (744x752, 42K)

>giving a fuck about the color of plastic
You physical collectors of digital media are so god damned pathetic.

Attached: 1560216647276.jpg (1844x2743, 429K)

the silent hill 2 greatest hits had more content and better visuals

you Americans had it easy
in Europe we where stuck with Platinum

Attached: 1004004000020820.jpg (550x760, 107K)

Jak X Combat Racing had a save-corruption glitch patched in the GH release

Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet

One time I posted my PS2 collection and an user told me to put all my GH versions together.

Is there a reason they made the Greatest Hits banners so ugly?

based retard

>having a collection in the first place
Emulationchads are laughing at you

Will the PS1/PS2 game bubble ever pop? I'm not trying to spend $50 on a physical copy of Silent Hill 3

god no, user. it's only going to get worse as it becomes more and more "vintage"

Old games are only going to get more and more expensive. I remember walking into a game store 15 years ago and picking up Super Metroid and Kirby's Dream Land 3 for 10 bucks. Kirby by itself goes for 100 dollars on ebay now.

lel, have PS2 games finally reached the point where collectorfags are inflating the prices?

You have to understand that these trends are based on how long it takes for people who were kids at one time to reach their mid 20s when they start having disposable income but no wife/kids yet so no actual responsibilities to spend money on. So first the Atari shit had a massive bubble. Then later on Nintendo stuff starting going up in price. Then Super Nintendo and Genesis. Then 5th gen stuff like N64. And now we're finally at the point where PS2/GC/Xbox stuff is going to balloon (although GC stuff has remained consistently expensive anyway due to the nintendo tax, but it might get worse)

I guess what this means is that everyone should start buying up copies of 360/PS3 games and then sell it all in 5 years when people start having nostalgia for that.

Original Xbox Silver Platinum Hits > PS1 Greatest Hits (I love that 90s as fuck bright green) > PS3 Red Greatest Hits > PS2 Greatest Hits > Xbox 360 Platinum Hits > All of Nintendo's absolutely garish replacements.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x1600, 285K)

I don't see the seventh generation and up being collectible. Those games rely on patches to not be shit in the first place and then DLC for the rest of the actual game. Either Microsoft and Sony (we've already seen Nintendo get rid of your digital purchases) keep the servers online forever, in which case it'll be easy to buy these games for a couple of bucks for anyone, or they don't and everybody just has beta code on a shelf frisbee.

Gamecube Player's Choice is up there with PS1 GH for me. Both nail the aesthetic and don't look ridiculous.

The SNES is not that bad

I remember it being a lot more garish for some reason.

Kinda dig the gold desu.

Attached: mario kart complete.jpg (1000x750, 83K)

People gave similar reasons why PS2 would never become collectible, and yet here we apparently are. None of those reasons matter, it's all about nostalgia. And in 7th gen it'll be zoomer nostalgia. Zoomers, you know the same people who spend all their part time job money on twitch stream donations? Won't matter.

Also with 7th gen consoles anyone with half a brain will be hacking their console and installing DLC/updates/whatever via the package manager.

I wish my family didn't sell my physical games. It's too expensive to start all over. Fuck. I like emulation, but playing on a real console will always have that nostalgic feeling.

Attached: 1357027401045.gif (320x331, 43K)

What similar reasons did they give? I don't think any PS2 games had patches and only a handful of Xbox games did. I can't even name any DLC that generation besides the Halo 2 maps, Project Gotham 2 Tracks, and whatever fucking stupid shit Ubisoft was doing with Pod Speedzone on the Dreamcast.

Most games can be had under $60 if you are patient. I only had to spend over for a couple Saturn games.

I didn't mean similar in terms of DLC. I just meant they gave various just-so reasons for why it could never POSSIBLY be the case that people would feel "retro nostalgia" for the PS2.

With PS2 games you get the whole game. With the generation after that you dont. Collectors are obsessed with "complete" games, I don't see it at all.

I could be wrong but I just dont see any value with it.

>I buy games based on how they look on my shelf

Wrong. Collectors just care about having a physical package. "complete" only matters in terms of having things like the case and booklet so they can have all the physical parts there on the shelf. DLC and updates don't matter.

This isn't a bad idea. I kinda like it.

>booklet

Guess they are out of luck then ;)