Make a game that's shittier in almost every way than the previous game in the series

>make a game that's shittier in almost every way than the previous game in the series
>your retarded fans think it's the best game in the series anyway because the shooting mechanics are better (still shit)

Attached: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (238x293, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26163
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13431
youtu.be/PvCdB5gcmhQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I enjoyed it

shooting is the game's primary mechanic. it's a big deal. also, it's really good, way better than shit. Fallout 4 is essentially the best open world exploration shooter ever made.

>story was boring and extremely predictable
>voiced player character... for no reason other than to waste time and money
>factions are lacking
>minutemen exists just for the broken settlement building system
>institute turns out to be made of faggy nerds rather than dangerous scientists
>made the sky bright and happy because some tard who wrked on fo3 died
I know i'm missing a lot here, but overall it's a disappointing game to play when i've already played new vegas. Also, someone post the 'where's my son' image comparing fo4 and new vegas.

Is Frost any good?
I'm running under the assumption any roleplay player made DLCs suck but if that's not true pleasently surprised.

Actually, being an rpg has always been the franchises primary mechanic.

>open world exploration shooter
It was just an open world shooter.

Exploration implies there was something to find, other than blank settlements you can build for blank characters to blank on, and a million pipeguns.

They took open world too far and gave you an empty world, in comparison to their other games.

It's an empty world shooter, and a carcass of a once beloved franchise surviving off of brand name and pretty graphics.

The only people who liked it are the ones who never played the previous games.

>also, it's really good, way better than shit
maybe if you've never played a decent modern shooter before
>Fallout 4 is essentially the best open world exploration shooter ever made.
Ah yes I love exploring and finding yet another super mutant/raider outpost and finding a random loot chest at the end.

>try to introduce my sister to fallout a decade ago with new vegas
>she hates it
>she falls for the marketing shtick and buys fallout 4
>she loves it
really make me think

>has a sister that plays video games
want to trade

I bet she
STINKS

>Fallout 4 is essentially the best open world exploration
Only if you like going through garbage, literally

Maybe if you like the least interesting map to be put in a video game.

Still better than Green Empty Plains 3.
Still better than Homosex: New Coming-Out.

>4 factions because people liked 4 endings in New Vegas
>tried to make them all viable, took the wrong page and instead they are all shit in their own ways
>Institute is full of people that barely do shit except mass-produce artificial humans to shit over the entire Commonwealth, no more of a reason to join them than you would join the Legion, but Bethesda made your character's son the leader of the Institute, their ending is killing everyone in the Railroad HQ that helped you get into the Institute and then bombing a zeppelin with children onboard
>Railroad is a bunch of people that only care about saving synths and nothing else because dude analogy for the IRL Railroad movement lmao, goes as far as to bomb the only place where synths come from
>BoS is the Fallout 3 BoS but made stupid with grey morality by having Lyons and his daughter die and letting the far descendant of the original BoS founder to be leader as a teen, they hate muties including non-feral ghouls, reminiscent of the Enclave but without killing all the wastelanders
>Minutemen are the Independent ending where you personally lead a faction you recovered from the brink, doesn't stop you from bombing the Institute and ruining your character's son's life work
Also webm related, a direct fucking downgrade from New Vegas

Attached: lever-action.webm (1048x500, 1.72M)

>best open world exploration
the map fucking sucked. It looked awful unless you get some mods to make the sky darker and more depressing. Their concept art looked good(like all concept art), but it's as if they didn't follow any of it.

>make a game that is enjoyed by far more people than the previous game in the series
>never stop to consider that maybe you might be the retarded one

This all the way. The factions honestly feel pointless, and just like skyrim and fallout 3, barely anything really feels different after completing the main quests. I beat the game siding with the BoS, and literally all that happens is some bos literalwhos walk around diamond city. Also FUCK the Prydwen. It moves FUCKING ONCE.
Also that webm is just unforgivable and embarrassing.

Attached: 1562978391054.jpg (384x313, 71K)

random ass question, but does finishing fallout 3 with broken steel installed, change the world map at all? or is it totally identical?

If your 'fans' are braindeads, they deserve to be defecated on.

Even normies shit on Fallout 4, Todd.

t. Yea Forums

Attached: ub1smht.jpg (400x350, 43K)

Where is this misconception that normies loved fallout 4? Look at the steam reviews. Look at the metacritic user score. Look at the Xbox and PlayStation store reviews.

It’s the worst reviewed BGS game until 76 came along. No one liked this piece of shit and it only sold well because everyone expected New Vegas or at worst, another Fallout 3.

>retarded fans think Bethesda games are good

Attached: Fallout 4.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

Fallout 4 has so many broken features and the entire game could have been made much better if the creators actually knew how to make a fallout game.
New Vegas also has many broken parts, but to have a game come out years afterwards seemingly without even taking a little inspiration from it is just very disappointing. You may not like it, but pic related is THE ideal Fallout game.

Attached: Newvegass.jpg (800x500, 57K)

Says something that the best faction is tiny and only has 2 quests

Attached: fallout-4-atoms-cat-brown-brown-jacket.jpg (527x675, 263K)

3 is the best one as long as you completely ignore the main quest

Attached: 5ff.jpg (600x600, 52K)

This is how Bethesda makes games:
A. They just copy the fan modders' hard work and bribe them by including their name in the game or giving them merch.

B. If they couldn't get the features to work right or if people complained about a feature in the previous installment, they completely remove it in the new game.

There's still no excuse for Fallout 4 and Skyrim VR to be $60 games, especially since FO4VR has none of the DLC.

>All these Bethesda haters
Fucking retards. Fallout 4 is the best RPG of 2015, just as Skyrim is the best RPG of 2011. Storylines in them are so good, that I did not need to roleplay a retard, I felt like one more and more while playing these games.
This is THE rpg experience. Pagliarulo is a genius. Keep it simple, faggots!

STOP SHITPOSTING ON Yea Forums AND CHECK OUT THE NEW ATOM SHOP OFFERINGS

Attached: 9A2D8F1C-3F30-4C92-8C4F-0F703725A1B2.jpg (680x689, 26K)

I will, Todd! I have recently paid for retardation meds, I have some spare change so I will buy something as soon as I can!

It's better than 76.

>piss is better than shit

Yes

Attached: 1557395941406.jpg (474x535, 31K)

Attached: MyChar1.jpg (1440x810, 215K)

>but made stupid with grey morality
how is this bad?

>make your character look like a crazed old man
>still sounds like a 20-something year old
BRAVO BETHESDA

They are not grey, they are dumb. Literally contradict itself because Pagliarulo is a hack.

Most fun comes from the moments when he speaks angrily, like in that moment with Kellog showdown. So soft, almost velvety. Oh, and
>have you seen Shaun
Always cracked me up. Amount of drugs I inhaled was so fucking immense that he was supposed to speak with roars until the end of his life.

Attached: MyChar3.jpg (1440x810, 284K)

The BoS motive is made clear as day in FO4. It's how they go about it thats the problem. The force settlements to give them food for their "war effort" and promising to defeat the Institute.

You need compatibility patch for every fucking other mod you have. FROST is shit duh

You the guy posting this in the Gears 5 thread?

It's sad that a post like this is even being taken seriously at all

Frost is literally Dust. "Guys i made a HARDCORE mod it is so HARDCORE i CANT FINISH IT MYSELF dudes)))) HARDCORE REAL CHALENJE".

it helps if you realize Fallout 3, 4, and 76 take place in an alternate universe and are non-canon.

is this your personal shitty head canon?

New vegas had no excuse being as buggy as it was. But I guess that can be partially blamed on Bethesda for giving them a broken engine. If the next TES is on creation engine I'm not even going to bother.

Attached: 20181016145625_1.jpg (1920x1080, 323K)

Wrong. 3, 4 and 76 take place on the East Coast where everyone is a retard, and West Coast is where intelligence and various civilizations reside. In fact, House made some shit years before Institute could think of it, let alone start to develop.

It's fine user. You can hate my extremely popular game just because it's so successful. You have some other options such as Skyrim or Fallout 76. Don't be afraid. Just buy them and let me know what you think.

Attached: 1560139433052.jpg (1920x1080, 108K)

I just started playing it on PS4 what mods do I download both for normal gameplay and looks but also for hot women.
Yeah I know my options are shit

Attached: 65e435a8af7426917917c2c972e5563c.jpg (450x708, 61K)

because this is all factions. even the minutemen. they only respond after bad shit has happened. they do not act in a proactive manner, and they do nothing to fix the redundant instability of a faction that relies on cult of personality. same reason the legion will fail.

I bought New Vegas after pirating 3 and 4, it's the best of the bunch. Why didn't you make more like it Todd?

>New vegas had no excuse being as buggy
Bethesda gave them a timeline so unreasonable, that there are bugs that go unfixed longer today, than the time they gave Obsidian to make an entire fuckin game.

>they only respond after bad shit has happened
this is every police force on earth dude

The core gameplay mechanics are much more important than the story or the world. It has to be fun to play or it doesn't matter what the dialogue options are.

Did you forget about the handful of Black Isle and Obsidian brainlet devs riding off the success of New Vegas and tried to sue Bethesda for the rights of Fallout?

>what are Raids and Drug Busts
i wouldnt compare the Minute Men to police anyway. they do not uphold laws and arrest.

>the time they gave Obsidian to make an entire fuckin game
With assets 90% from Fallout 3? Yeah, it is reasonable

Hilarious if true

>someone actually came out of all the other FO4 threads in the past few days so buttblasted over NV's laughable shooting gameplay that they made this thread
Made my day. Thanks for the cool open-world FPS todd

They tried to sue for Fallout Online and use that as a praxis for for getting the rights to everything Fallout. They lost bad.
And if you believe the rumors, after NV released Zenimax tried to buy Obsidian and rebrand them Bethesda LA

What
When did this happen? Link?

FNV is for retards

Which were in turn used in Fallout 4 lmao these lazy poonani suckers

Beth suggested to give them additional time. Obs's CEO declined.

Fallout's core gameplay has always been roleplaying, not mediocre shooting galleries.

I really wish I could like 4, but I have zero interesting in crafting, building, or companions, so a good portion is just dead off the bat.

NV fanboys have an uncanny ability to convince themselves their game is entirely built on dialog and world-building and not 80% wandering through barren desert picking off ghouls/insects that never close the distance or else damage sponge raiders, so all you'll ever get is the rote "b-but it's not s, supposed to be an FPS!! ;___;" response.

fallout 4 has the best third person shooting galleries of all time

People need to realize FNV is good BECAUSE of Bethesda otherwise it would be another shitty isometric rpg that nobody cares about

>their game is entirely built on dialog and world-building
This is true, tho. Everything else in this game is shit for the most part.

Also, game has, like, 4 weapons for unarmed combat.

Attached: MyChar2.jpg (1440x810, 279K)

It's a very good hobo trash collecting simulator.

5/10 post. Some anons got rustled.

Games are supposed to be fun. Fallout 4 is the most fun to play.
Obsidian fanboys are retarded.

news flash, PS4 mods are fucked.
I made the same mistake

>poster count didn't change after this
Samefag

>shooting is the game's primary mechanic
Yeah, there really isnt anything else to an open world shooter
>. it's a big deal. also, it's really good, way better than shit
Wow, its not shit, what an accomplishment
>Fallout 4 is essentially the best open world exploration shooter ever made.
Hahah holy shit

what kind of dumb cunt wants to play unarmed in a first person shooter? WHAT KIND OF ABSOLUTE RETARD WANTS TO PLAY UNARMED IN A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER?

your kind deserves to be shot in the street like a dog...

Everything besides unarmed or melee weapons sucked ass since Fallout 3. Fallout 4 had a little bit better shooting, but it still sucked.
If you enjoyed shooting in fallout since 3, you have a shit taste. Also, unarmed has highest damage potential and overall effectivenes.

Someome who likes punching things to death like you could in New Vegas.

I've never tried a melee build in any fallout, always have it modded to a point where running up to an enemy would kill you before you'd get a hit in.

I started 4 but lost interest as soon as they started forcing crafting and base building shit.

You don't have to do either of these things.

>If you enjoyed shooting in fallout since 3, you have a shit taste
>what are grenade launchers
>what are satisfying as fuck to shoot revolvers, rifles and shotguns
>what are the flamer and other energy weapons

>Improve the shooting
>But have like 1/4 the weapons
I would say that is an overall negative.

they improved the weapon modifications a lot but the weapon choices are still pretty bad

Just picked this up recently on the cheap, should I bother with survival mode? My main concern is the only ability to save in beds with the notorious Bethesda game instability.

I loved hardcore more in New Vegas, for what it's worth.

Survival Mode with a mod that lets you save at any time.

Unmodded no, for a few reasons. I recommend using Unlimited Survival nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26163 which is customizable

>Saving in beds is cancer, some places you go through don't have any and if you do die, which you will, because every molotov is an instant kill explosion in survival, you'll have to walk all the way back and do all the little things you did all over again, which is NOT fun in the already borderline unfun fallout 4. Not to mention that you might get sick if you sleep in a shitty bed you found in the wastelands, and you can't even rest more than a few hours in those shitty beds
If you still want to go through with the style of only saving in beds there is a mod that lets you autosave when you smoke a cigarette to alleviate the annoyance nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13431

>If you crash you will lose progress. I haven't crashed in quite a while though even with a number of mods.
>If you get stuck you can't use console commands to escape, which is very frustrating if your save is a bit far back
>If you can't use console commands you can't change the timescale, meaning you'll have to eat and drink a lot every few mins
>Every drug you use will make you extremely thirsty and every anti-rad you use will make you more succeptible to diseases some of which can make you hungry like a dog
The last one you don't need to mod out, it's bearable as long as you "set.timescale to 6"

Survival mode is the best way to play the game, also don't listen to this pussy and mod quicksaves back in, the bed system is well laid out. Fallout 4 has plenty of jank but it generally doesn't CTD without bad mods.

>Obsidian makes fallout games under Bethesda LA
HOW WERE WE THIS CLOSE TO A PERFECT TIMELINE AHHHHHHHH

Attached: 87C3DE81-0D0F-4BC7-BBDE-AA96162A4D47.jpg (719x494, 13K)

>Played NV so many times the CTD bug when first entering Nipton hall feels like a feature.
Every time, without fail.

Attached: 6346346222.png (625x797, 106K)

>the bed system is well laid out
If you sincerely believe this, then I hope you have fun walking back and forth from beds every time you make any progress in fear of dying to some bullshit, or that you enjoy redoing all the exact same steps if you do die without doing that. No really I hope you have a blast. I'm just happy that isn't my thing.

>normies treat FO as a shooter first and an RPG lastly
kys

Attached: 1563216550293.jpg (600x600, 66K)

There are enough beds that it doesn't really set you back much and it's a decent remedy to the problem nearly every PC game has of autosaves/quicksaves obliterating any kind of meaningful difficulty curve or penalty for dying when you can just F9 to wherever you were five minutes ago.

In either NV or FO4, shooting is about 70% of your time spent. One of these games does it better.

The timeline was Obsidian's fault actually.

Yes but I have the option to not fire a single bullet if I choose.
Getting mad at someone for wanting to play an RPG in a different play-style is bonkers to me

Attached: 9818x7jyn4c8ca94az8m_photo.png (1170x1800, 1.64M)

With mods, it's a 6.5/10
Without them, 4/10.

Attached: ScreenShot3.png (1920x1080, 3.52M)

>Yes but I have the option to not fire a single bullet if I choose.
This really isn't much more viable in 3 or NV than it is in 4. You can run/sneak through all the interior levels crammed with ghouls/raiders/ets but none of the modern fallout games go out of their way to accommodate this.

>Getting mad at someone for wanting to play an RPG in a different play-style
I don't know if you think I'm the guy you were originally replying to but he was clearly being sarcastic.

> don't know if you think I'm the guy you were originally replying to
I was just saying in general
>he was clearly being sarcastic.
I'm not autistic but I sure as hell am not a mind reader

Attached: 1562007897421.jpg (960x866, 83K)

yea new vegas does it better

ok kid

it had better weapons and the mechanics worked fine for me, maybe you just need to learn how to aim

Its fun on PC with mods. Cheat terminal.

ok kid

>majority of mobile gamers are female
>is the platform with the most exploitative microtransactions
>mobile games are shit and will continue to be shit because no one is complaining
really makes me think

I get hit markers now so it's better, retard

Fair enough

ok

kid

That Horizon mod makes it pretty fun as a survival shooter RPG. Especially since it adds back in stats.

just buy it user. this shits getting hard yo

Attached: fucking buy it.png (640x360, 328K)

A game having a decent shooting system is dime a dozen, user. FO4 can't even compare with other shooters and the AI is borderline braindead.
If you actually enjoy playing this chore of a game, good on you though.

is it possible to run frost on a pirated fo4? im thinking about pirating it just to give frost a try. I remember dust being a buggy fuckup but i still enjoyed it (exploring and seeing what had becoeme of the old settlements and characters etc etc)

I sort of condoned them, but then I tried Unarmed in NV. None of the broken sight fuckery, no bullets flying through people because your gun collided with their model, high damage and speed, all that shit. Since then I can't stand guns in 3dFO.

NV does shooting far better, the guns are actually based on believable counterparts and everything from the loading mechanism to the design of the barrels and chambers makes sense.

Fallout 4’s guns are designed by someone who never owned or fired a gun in his life, some of the designs are flat out retarded and would not work.

Not to mention NV had far better sound design

Also you spend more time wandering than shooting, 70% is a pathetic estimate even for hyperbole. You spend more time talking in fallout 1, 2, and NV than you do shooting. The way it should be.

hit markers make it better says the 10 year old that's never played a shooter

You could really tell how little shit beth gave about fixing bugs in Fallout 4. They relied too much on the community to fix their fuckups.

I'm not suggesting FO4 is the pinnacle of all FPS gameplay but when NV/FO4 are both 70%/30% action/RPG elements, I care more about the 70% part being done well.

Also the only realy issues I've seen with the AI is pathfinding in settlements and large areas, which doesn't have any bearing on combat. I haven't seen NPCs act unusually dumb in a fight relative to any other fps.

>nv
>70% shooting
Wut

70% shooting? Wait what? Did we play the same game? The vast majority of NV was talking to NPCs, making decisions, and traveling. 30% shooting is closer to a proper estimate unless you just brainlessly skipped dialogue, which come to think of it seems like someone like you would do.

the shooting in fallout 4 is not better than the shooting in new vegas, the guns in 4 feel like shit to use

they literally use the same engine, the guns in new vegas are far more satisfing to use

all the enemies in fallout 4 are bullet sponges, the shooting is garbage

in new vegas you actually feel like you have power when you unload a 10mm smg into someone, it isn't even close

zoom zoom

a first person perspective should NEVER prioritize role playing over shooting. EVER. YOU FUCKING ANIME POSTING EXCREMENT

You started talking about how NV 'does shooting better' and then segued into how you like the gun models and sounds better; that's not very persuasive.

>Also you spend more time wandering than shooting, 70% is a pathetic estimate even for hyperbole.
For what it's worth, this is me up here . I was trying not to beat on the wandering through an empty map part and stick to discuss actual gameplay in NV (however sparse it may be), but yeah, if I revised my numbers it'd be something like 30% walking simulator, 40% shooting, %30 dialog.

>needed to have id make the gunplay less mediocre than usual
>legendary shit makes it literally Skyrim with guns

Attached: 1454214059707.jpg (480x360, 27K)

>what is Deus Ex

I like how the Railroad fucks over patriot, a teenage kid who just wants to do the right thing by nuking his home and killing everyone he knows and loved eventually driving him to suicide. Worst part is that he was kept in the dark deliberately by the railroad and he never knew that he was actually working with them. Even though the institute are poorly written and pretty high on the humanity redefined shit they come off as more level headed than the railroad who are just complete lunatics.

Attached: 1555802432160.png (202x233, 75K)

did I forget to mention how fucking clumsy and slow the animations in 4 are, I think I did, the game runs like complete shit and it feels like you're stuck in mud everywhere you move, the map design has been condensed even further down from fallout 3 and new vegas, where almost literally every area you will fight in in 4 will be a fucking hallway
they somehow made the hunting rifle the most unsatisfing fucking dud weapon to use

trash made for retards

cough cough

Attached: ow.jpg (175x288, 9K)

Any mods that works with xbox one s?

correction:
>minutemen exist for broken settlement system AND so you can always beat the game even if you instantly kill every other faction member you meet

There is no way you properly played the game Fallout: New Vegas if you spent more time firing a weapon than talking to NPCs. And my reasons don’t have to be persuasive, just like your opinions are also subjective.

The fact is Fallout is an rpg and should prioritize what made the series great, not what flavor of the month survival crafting looter shooter trend becomes popular. Fallout was built for depth, both in terms of skills and in terms of faction politics. Not for shooting. Shooting is a vehicle to a means

Simply to put your argument to bed, you realize you can complete New Vegas without killing a single person, right? Because that right there highlights the strength of an rpg. Whereas Bethesda games have you meaninglessly ape through dungeons.

>make your character the darkest ultra-nigger beefcake ever
>still sounds like a middle aged white guy

subjective opinion

>what is Deux Ex
DEUX EX IS A PROJECT THAT REACHED BEYOND WHAT IT WAS MEANT TO AND IS REMEMBERED AS EXEMPLARY FOR ACHIEVING WHAT IT WAS NEVER MEANT TO. CONSEQUENTLY, FANS CONTINUE TO REQUEST THIS RIDICULOUS FEAT FOR WHICH THEY ALREADY HAVE AN ANSWER TO AND WILL NOT, SHOULD NOT, RECEIVE ANOTHER. THAT IS WHY DEUS EX HAS NOT BEEN REPLICATED SINCE ITS INCEPTION, YOU STUPID COW.

I can understand the sentiment but of all the games to do that in fallout 4 was my worst experience.

No fast travel means you have to walk long distances to get to places you've already been to for your quests or for your settlements. In some quests you have to go back and forth from one side of the world to the other. Is death punishing? Yes, but not because you have to accomplish something difficult or intriguing again, but because you have to accomplish something boring and menial, especially if it's like talking to NPCs again or going through a whole dungeon. It's like having long ass unskippable cutscenes.

>Left learning toaster lovers are batshit insane.
No one saw that coming.

Attached: 36346363.jpg (732x1000, 185K)

Well, no, Morrowind was definitely rpg-focused and is remembered as one of the all time greats despite being first person.

DON'T TELL ME HOW MORROWIND IS REMEMBERED BECAUSE I PLAYED IT ON RELEASE. MORROWIND WAS, AGAIN, EXCITING IN THE MANNER IT REJECT CONVENTION, NOT IN THE WAYS IT CONFORMED. IT WAS A TECHNOLOGY TEST THROUGH-AND-THROUGH. EXCITING FOR WHAT IT PROMISED, AND NOT NECESSARILY WHAT IT PROVIDED.

few friends first fallout game was fallout 4. they really liked it.
couple years later they picked up fallout nv and talked about how good it was. one of them flat out said it was better than 4.
this is the general idea. i've never played the fucking thing, tho.
it's probably fun, especially with mods, but i could just play something else that does it better.

>There is no way you properly played the game Fallout: New Vegas if you spent more time firing a weapon than talking to NPCs.
Not sure if I played it 'properly', but yeah, more shooting than talking, even if most of the time it was just picking off trash enemies shambling toward me in the desert. Not really sure what leads you to think NV doesn't have plenty of dungeons full of enemies to ape through, either.

>In some quests you have to go back and forth from one side of the world to the other.
Whenever this happens I usually have a few dozen quests active at a time and just do them in parallel, giving priority to whichever ones have objectives local to me.

>going through a whole dungeon.
I think the majority of the large dungeons have beds in them.

this is true. when i think of morrowind, it was dated as hell even on arrival, but it provided options that weren't available in other games. the options were not always useful, or balanced, or fun, but they were there.

>SS2
>DeusEx 1-4
>TES1-3
>Fallout NV
Neck yourself.

if those are your go to fps games then you eat shit for a living and i don't want to associate with you. fucking disgusting queer. if those are your go to role playing games, then you eat shit for a living and last time i checked /d/ is that way

>a game in a series that started as an RPG is good as long as it has ok gunplay even if it has minimal dialogue options or just RPG elements in general

Attached: 1445816551173.jpg (600x600, 101K)

>a first person perspective should NEVER prioritize role playing over shooting.
>call some good games with RP and first person
>REEEEEE
Jeez. I think you should calm down and go back to alchemist's lab, salty golem.

>tactically skirted my point about how you can beat fallout new Vegas without a single shot precisely because it’s an rpg
Nice try, next.

how did you get any of that from that post? you're quite the practiced expert in divination, nostradamus.

>P-please look forward to our next game. We are the creators of the original Fallout games. A-and Fallout New Begas too xDDD

Attached: the-outer-worlds.jpg (1600x806, 207K)

4>3

Honestly I skimmed your post because it was boring, but someone already mentioned this and I replied to it earlier . Feel free to respond to mine now.

going to be better than 4, sad that it will have better gameplay and trigger idiots

The aesthetic of this game is so offputting.

>first trailer
>FROM THE DEVELOPER OF THE ORIGINAL FALLOUT AND FALLOUT NEW VEGAS
>Borderlands quality humour with IRONY and SARCASM
>ue4
>first gameplay demo
>it's fallout 4: pink edition
>mfw

Attached: images (10).jpg (266x190, 5K)

>whichever ones have objectives local to me.
There are only so many quests in Fallout 4, fun ones for that matter as well, and some locations are still pretty damn far from each other even then. A limited type of fast traveling like a motorcycle that needs fuel, a train that needs payment, or going around with caravans would do much much better. Hell you could be doing other stuff but you're stuck walking instead for the 10th time to the same place.

>I think the majority of the large dungeons have beds in them.
From my experience a lot of places don't, like ArcJet Systems and Mass Fusion building, and it doesn't matter if you consider them to be small or average dungeons. If the game autosaved at the door or something it would be much more reasonable and not as bullshitty as quicksave + quickload every kill

user, I'm sorry...

Attached: 1549991817010.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

It was a major missed opportunity not to have some different ways of resolving the endgame. Having to genocide two of the other major factions is pretty extreme, and it's especially crazy when you consider most players probably worked with all the factions for several missions on their playthroughs. I'm fine with some grey vs gray morality, but turning everyone into uncompromising zealots that must be purged is jarring.

Like, if you're doing a Minutemen ending, instead of massacring the Brotherhood, why not have a quest to get them to back down from their extremism and cooperate in general protection of the Commonwealth, perhaps after a brief coup supporting BoS moderates? Or if you're playing Railroad, use their agent network to spark unrest in the Capital Wasteland so the BoS's expeditionary force is recalled? Or if you're doing the Brotherhood ending, have the option to convince the Railroad leaders that since the BoS is going to destroy the Institute, the Railroad's general mission will be defunct, so it makes sense for them to disband and avoid the BoS's wrath since they no longer serve a purpose anyway? Building the entire climax around mandatory mass murder is just weak.

The two aren’t even comparable. Again, you HAVE TO KILL in fallout 4 to complete all the main and side quests. And comparing diplomatic and skill-based decisions in old fallout games to sneaking past enemies in a killing floor dungeon proves how shallow your options are in 4. You have nothing to gain, story or lore-wise, from avoiding conflict in 4. In New Vegas this is simply one of many legitimate options to quest design. Again, observe Fallout in its inception and what game it was. Not a shooter.

cherry picking 2 vats sequences against 1 enemy means nothing, go watch the gameplay where they fought like 10 guys with guns

you didn't watch the gameplay demo

yet another idiot who takes politics seriously in a video game

It looked bad.
All demonstrations of this game looked bad.

>politics
What?
>you didn't watch the demo
>literally watched them
Are you retarded on purpose?

>Fallout 4 has about as many unique unarmed weapons as Fallout 2
>LOL PLAYING UNARMED IN AN FPS IS DUMB
>Fallout should be treated as an RPG first
>HURR FIRST PERSON GAMES SHOULD NEVER PRIORITIZE RPG ELEMENTS OVER GUNPLAY
>Fallout started as an RPG so there should be more focus on gameplay options like unarmed builds and dialogue options
>DURR HOW DID YOU GET THAT

Attached: 1436064412951.gif (200x220, 1.09M)

>A limited type of fast traveling like a motorcycle that needs fuel, a train that needs payment
To the game's credit this comes around in the third act. Brotherhood players get vertibirds, Insititue can teleport to the center of the map at will.

>ArcJet Systems
True enough, I remember cowering behing Danse's power armor for most of that mission.

>And comparing diplomatic and skill-based decisions in old fallout games to sneaking past enemies in a killing floor dungeon proves how shallow your options are in 4.
I wasn't defending the lack of roleplay or diplomatic options in 4's dialog but we were discussing not firing a single bullet in the course of regular gameplay. I'm sure a full pacifist run of NV has been done but it's pretty clear the game is meant to be played for combat unless you make a beeline for main quest objectives; it's still an action game before an RPG.

>If the next TES is on creation engine I'm not even going to bother.
>If
It will be. They've had every opportunity to make working games on a real engine but don't, because they know their fans will eat it up no matter how bad it is and someone else will fix it for them without pay and call it a mod.

you missed all of the good parts then

maybe you missed the first demo as multiple demos and gameplay clips have been released

the shooting and gameplay looked good to me, like a slightly tighter new vegas

I will never understand why people bitch about the fact there is a female companion, just don't pick her

no they didnt, maybe you haven't watched them

Dunno, it really looked like fallout 4. The last demo had a shitton of dead ai and bugs, and less than half a year before release doesn't make me feel like it will be better than any other rushed obsidian game.

Watching them right now, still fallout 4.

didn’t read lol. next time don’t start off retarded and i won’t have to write you off.

Clean up my settlement, Janny

> Brotherhood players get vertibirds, Insititue can teleport to the center of the map at will.
I forgot about that. In fact one of my wishes when I was doing a legit survival run was that those options were explored more, it would make it feel like the no fast travel thing was integrated into the game more.

>states a fact
>b-but that's retarded

i told you no and yet you persist. what other animals exhibit this behavior, i wonder...

Not an argument, looks like I've won yet another epic internet fight.

Attached: 1438631683838.jpg (624x564, 94K)

Yeah, Wolfenstein: The New One: 2 is shit.

youtu.be/PvCdB5gcmhQ

The grapfixx are also better hence the nude mods are also better

Imagine making a video game that is anti-authoritarian enough to reference the fucking Dead Kennedys but apparently not anti-authoritarian enough to use the word "f*ck"

Attached: wolfenstein.png (728x142, 14K)

It's overhyped garbage that got a minutes worth of reddit spotlight since streamers could play it for their epic hardcore perma runs

>Brotherhood of Steel circa 2287
>United rogue chapters and stronger than ever
>Ambitious, ruthless, young leader that's going to make the Commonwealth great again
>The Institute has weapons of mass destruction and therefore must be invaded and destroyed
>End up creating a nuclear explosion in the center of the most densely populated region of the Commonwealth with the central trading hub being at ground zero
>This would cripple the Commonwealth forever and create a massive exclusion zone.
>Luckily the writers forgot how nuclear explosions work and everyone is fine
>Show up in the epilogue to provide infinite radiant quests and occasionally walk around Diamond City

They missed an opportunity for unforeseen consequences kino

>we are making a game about a solar system
>corporations are buying everything
>we want to explore why corporations bad
>corporations are dangerous for environment and individual
>OUTER WORLDS EGS EXCLUSIVE
>Leonard Boyarski: "I love money. Corporations bad."

Attached: 1562564284334.png (679x427, 32K)

>why corporations bad
Why corporations CAN BE bad, not why the concept itself is bad.

>the only positive part about the game isn't even done by their main studio
ded

It's the decision of their publisher, not themselves you retard. If Cain and Boyarski are still in it will be a decent enough rpg.

Attached: 2423f75433322s.jpg (207x253, 8K)

>damage sponge raiders
There are four named bullet sponge raiders and they all are leaders of The Fiends. Aside from these four, the rest of the raiders in New Vegas are easily killable.

I know, but this is still funny as fuck.

Don't even know where the fuck you pulled that bullshit statistic out of but you honestly sound like you haven't played any other FPS games, or at least ones that are decent. No one expects you to claim that FO4 is the pinnacle of FPS, cause it's obviously not and it's borderline a mediocre FPS at best.

When majority of your enemies are melee based, and are just programmed to run at you like a headless chickens, yes that's dumb and lazy AI. But even when you fight against enemies with guns, it's not uncommon for them to just stand in the open like they've zoned out mid-firefight. Now if the focus of the game was more geared towards the RPG part, then dumb AI's can be forgivable. Except according to mr.fallout 4 is 70% shooter over here, it's clearly not. So basically thanks, you've played yourself.

There is one gang right to the north of goodsprings in a destroyed town, they are pretty spongy.
But they wear heavy armors, so that is a given, i think.

Obsidian wasn't part of that, you disinfo agent. It was the two chucklefucks who made Interplay. They sold the IP to Bethesda for singleplayer as long as they get to have the time to make a multiplayer at a set date. It never happened and the retards tried to reneg.

Fuck you.
Also, thing you are talking about happened a thousand of years ago, even before Fallout 3 was released. Something about Project Vault 13, an MMO.
If 729-020 has any links about something new with obsidian/fallout, I'd like to see it, else he is a retard.

They only had 12 months to make the game and a shitty engine on top of it. Yet they still managed to make a game more captivating than Bethesda could ever make.

Attached: 9811A742-0397-403A-9455-B5CF99CDF141.jpg (750x998, 474K)

18 months, plus Beth wanted to give them more time.

I'll still be getting it with xbox game pass though fuck egs

Source on the exact quotes of Bethesda wanting to give more time? Sounds like bullshit.

Christmas Avelloneum said that a year ago or so, when he had a meltdown about how shitty Obsidian's management and CEO are.

>shooting is the game's primary mechanic.
yeah and its fucking garbage. there's like 5 guns to choose from and they all feel the same.