WHERE DID WE MEET BEFORE JUST LIKE THIS?

youtu.be/RzbTKB7xxtg
WHERE DID WE MEET BEFORE JUST LIKE THIS?

Attached: twewy station underpass.gif (500x413, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TTc87ENRxTs
youtu.be/GY1azpD5rrY
youtu.be/eZdx9oPLpw4
youtu.be/SSTdSscfgJ8
anotheranimereview.com/tag/sawa-kato/
youtu.be/fGvVOun_7kU
youtu.be/i0569Wt-cZ0
youtu.be/PjCXl9KdzOA
youtu.be/fOHKCfs2lrA
youtube.com/watch?v=LDl_s6GAzt4
youtu.be/Pp0viroPHgk
youtu.be/CFc_kLD5rog
youtu.be/Leqh0qOeo2Y
youtu.be/mlEg1kHq8S4
youtu.be/VIW-Uznlf_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2019
>Square still haven’t made another game like TWEWY
What the fuck went wrong?

Attached: IMG_8485.jpg (750x788, 74K)

Squeenix and their insatiable hunger for money pretty much ensured that another game like TWEWY will never get made again.

Attached: berserk uzuki and kariya (1).webm (320x180, 1.04M)

Well that’s disappointing. TWEWY is one of the best handheld games of all times and to see it get nothing but botched ports and KH cameos is just sad.

They had the perfect opportunity to make a sequel for the 3DS too but they sat on their asses for way too long.

>we got three Lightning games, a half-assed FFXV, and multiple KH games before we got TWEWY 2
I really hate modern Square.

>TWEWY thread
>nothing but people wishing for a sequel

Man, sad to see that this is how it all turned out after such a long time.

Can you blame us? We’ve been riding on nothing but false hopes ever since pic related.

Attached: twewy countdown.png (899x565, 351K)

How did they do it?How did they create this game?

The development team behind the project actually gave a shit and actually had a cohesive vision for the game. There’s tons of interviews online that detail how excited they were to test out the DS’ capabilities with the game and how much time and effort they poured into looking over every little detail to make sure that the game came out as great as it did.

Attached: twewy team.jpg (500x660, 57K)

I still wonder how they thought this was a good idea.
>oh hey, you know that beloved DS game that we haven’t touched in a while people desperately want a sequel for?
>let’s just make a mobile port that pisses all over the themes of trust and understanding others for Apple money! Wouldn’t that just be great?!

I'm fully convinced that Squeenix is either run by retards or tone-deaf people.

Who says it can’t be both?

Attached: joshua shrug.png (375x402, 46K)

>Only by letting strangers in can we find new ways to be ourselves
Joshua had some of the best quotes.

>But Neku, I thought you couldn’t afford to lose. Give up on yourself and you give up on the world.
Kino.

Attached: joshua push.png (422x316, 74K)

My DS's L button is a bit janky. Do you need it much to play TWEWY?

Not really. You mostly use the L and/or R buttons to set up sub-pins for combos and what not but you can get through the game just fine without it.

This game was full of great lines, really.

Attached: the world ends with you.jpg (964x1285, 280K)

That quote works better with the original title tbqh

What was the original title, again?

Man, Mr. H was based. I still remember him kicking my ass multiple times on the rooftop while trying to flail around and avoid his attacks.

ENJOY
>kicks you repeatedly
THE
>slams you into the pavement
FUCKING
>bum-rushes your ass with clones
MOMENT
>tackles you to death
Thank God for Velocity pins.

Attached: panthera cantus.png (187x117, 3K)

It's a Wonderful World

Well that explains the creepy ass chanting from the brainwashed Shibuya folk. Still, I personally prefer the World Ends With You. It rolls off the tongue better and the way the title is changed to the World Begins With You in the end to reflect Neku’s development was just great to see.

Attached: twewy ending.jpg (256x384, 27K)

The way the brainwashed Shibuya folk were used was actually genius in a subtle way. Take Week 3 for example. Throughtout the game, you’re constantly scanning people and seeing their different perspectives on life, Shibuya, and it’s culture and it helps to make Shibuya feel alive. Then, as Week 3 progresses, you get to see that all flip when literally everyone starts thinking the same thing thanks to the effects of the Red Skull pin and it’s incredibly unsettling. More and more people starts forming a hypnotized hivemind and you just see people standing still like zombies. Then, on the final day, literally everyone stops moving, with no one but Neku and Beat moving through the streets. Not only is this effective as hell in showing just how fucked up Shibuya is becoming but also how messed up Kitaniji’s plan to reform Shibuya is and how important individuality ultimately is in TWEWY.

Attached: IMG_4488.png (1136x640, 757K)

>not just using Over The Top and Black Uranus to infinitely juggle him in the air

Attached: IMG_5991.jpg (900x900, 82K)

Yeah, I tried that, but it just wasn’t as fun as just going full ham and bum-rushing his ass to death.

just got done playing this on switch having not played it on ds for years because fuck mingle pp and it's insane how beautifully the game has aged. also baffling how so many qol features in twewy aren't bog standard for every fucking jrpg released since, like on the fly level adjustment or a postgame chapter select
double joycons is just as fun as ds controls

Attached: I KNOWWWWW HOW DUMB I AM BUT SOOOO ARE YOUUUU.jpg (749x745, 53K)

>you can play the game in anyway you want and create your own moveset
>game allows you to change difficulties on the fly
>also lets you de-level
>game rewards you for doing so by increasing the the drop rate of items
>it also drops the best items on the higher difficulties
>if you’re unable to keep up with the combat system at first, the game allows your partner to be set on auto until you git gud
>also allows you to earn experience for not even playing the game
>you can also chain up to four rounds at a time and eventually up to 16, with the enemies getting more stronger and dropping more loot as a result
And that’s just mechanic-wise. That’s not even getting into GOAT shit like having multiple randomized battle themes for normal encounters, being able to set up your own pause menu music, and getting experience for not even playing the game.

Attached: between souls.jpg (256x573, 94K)

>filename
Ah, I see you too are a man of culture.
youtu.be/TTc87ENRxTs

>That’s not even getting into GOAT shit like having multiple randomized battle themes for normal encounters
That was one of the best parts about the game. Going from Long Dream to Someday, Transformation, or Twister Gang Mix made for some hype encounters.
youtu.be/GY1azpD5rrY

I beat the game recently on the DS but I still suck at the game when it comes to combat, should i be looking at both screens at all times or focus on neku? and any other general combat tips would be nice.

I find it easier to rack up fuck huge multipliers by flinging cherries and then barriering up to combo the top screen.

Pay attention to whoever has the light puck at first and do a combo for whoever has it. If it helps, try to equip Velocity or Invisibility pins on Neku to practice with your partner while you avoid attacks on the bottom screen.

Attached: twewy gameplay.jpg (256x384, 43K)

Don’t forget about the One Star. God, this soundtrack was so fucking good.
youtu.be/eZdx9oPLpw4

Wasnt there sequelbait in the switch version or am i tripping?

Yep.
>loli reaper sets up a fake Shibuya which is actually just a noise and forces Beat and Neku to play another game
>a lot of things are weird, with characters acting differently, like Joshua only being called by his real name and being some really shy dumb kid
>Shiki and Rhyme end up being killed, though they were just fakes created by this fake Shibuya just like everyone else but Neku, Beat and Coco (the loli reaper)
>Neku constantly has visions of Hype-Chan trying to warn him for some reason
>they end up figuring everything out and destroying the fake Shibuya
>in the RG the loli reaper gets pissed off and kills Neku, though Joshua was trying to save him, which is why he ended up seeing him pointing a gun at him yet again
>we then see Hanekoma and Joshua talking about how Joshua doesn't need Neku anymore, so he doesn't bother reviving him
>loli reaper only gets wounded and escapes, she then says that she needs Neku for a new game for some reason and wants him to partner up with Sho, so she revives Sho yet again

Attached: sequelbait.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

Neku needs a break, man. The poor kid got shot three times in just one month.

"We're dead beneath the floor just like this."

Yep this is nomura trash. he just ruined a good story by muddying it the fuck up.

Being Neku is suffering.

Attached: being Neku is suffering.jpg (729x685, 91K)

The man wants his sequel, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Plus there’s KH3’s secret ending.

Attached: kh twewy.jpg (1542x1275, 418K)

>he’ll never get to hold hands with Shiki and take her out on that date
What the fuck, man?

Sad, ain’t it?

Attached: neku and real shiki.jpg (579x1379, 217K)

>dead
Kek

Attached: background concepts.jpg (600x450, 73K)

To be honest, we don't need another game like TWEWY. Sequels have ruined other series, leave it pure I say.

It's Square, that's what went wrong. In the past 20 years Square have made only a few good games, TWEWY being one of them. The recent release of Shadowbringers proves they can create decent original stuff but the majority of their projects in the last 10 years are like FFXV where they make big promises and then stumble through development until they reach a point where they have to cash in. TWEWY was lightning in a bottle, Square will never make something like it again.

FFXV still makes me sad, man. Imagine a world in which the game actually came out like it originally intended.

Looking at this image of Nero in a TWEWY thread makes me think. Is TWEWY the only true 2D Cuhrayzee game? It does have deep action combat.

>Used what's normally used for voice line compression to compress the audio, even having less cutscenes to ensure there's enough songs in the game
What fucking legends.

TWEWY combo video to the tune of Devil Trigger when?

>Always had a Crackle Pop or Splish Splash Barrier so I could turtle up and go ballistic on the top screen
Fun times.

The amount of passion they had for the game was great to see and I’m honestly glad that it paid off. TWEWY is still one of the best games I’ve ever played.

Attached: 5th anniversary.jpg (696x571, 106K)

Versus XIII had some great ideas in its development, like having all of the "cutscenes" be playable encounters you moved through, the existence of Stella, there being death-god worship as a common Insomnian thing, etc. I feel like the road trip theme would've worked a lot better if the game was released as more in line with the original concepts too.

What we got was so unimaginably disappointing on every level. The worst part's gotta be how it makes XIII look like a better final fantasy game, That's just ridiculous.

It’s honestly sad how a DS game like TWEWY has more depth to its combat than XV does. I recall dying way more often in TWEWY than I ever did in XV and having more fun with the combat to boot.

Dying is literally impossible in XV if you have enough healing items if you somehow manage to fail its one-button gameplay. TWEWY's got a metric fuckton of viable combat options and strategies to use and you have to actually pay attention to what your enemies are doing or you'll get fucked up.

I'm still mad.

Attached: hold O to win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

It still amazes me that someone thought this was a good idea.

Not only that, but you actually had a limit on how much healing you can do in TWEWY. Healing pins had a set number of how many times you can use them and barrier pins had long reload times. In XV, you can just spam potions and get through the game just fine.

Don't forget that soda pins also left you vulnerable to attacks, which actually encourages you to use the Light Puck for some of less healing powered pins and heal more efficiently.

There are so called "movie games" with more interactivity.

Attached: 1554770053996.gif (500x282, 2.53M)

>use Monkey Leisure for healing
>not only does it heal me of status effects but the Light Puck actually boosts the power of the health gained back
This game was full of great game design.

Blame Tabata and his need to make FFXV be for casuals.

Attached: ffxv is for casuals.jpg (749x1111, 178K)

It's definitely up there.

Attached: cuhrazy TWEWY.webm (320x180, 1.43M)

As someone who used Splish Splash Barrier as much as possible, I'd say anyone who thinks you can use it to cheese through fights is sorely mistaken.

Viewtiful Joe exists, but TWEWY can definitely qualify for CUHRAZEE status.

I still need to play that game sometime. How is it?

Excellent. Pretty damn hard even on the easier mode which doesn't unlock anything, though.
The sequel is also great.

>try to use Splish Splash Barrier for Panthera Cantus and the boss rush to hope to win
>still end up getting my ass beat
The boss battles in this game got really fucking crazy.

Attached: EMPTINESS AND INTENSIFIES.jpg (620x930, 152K)

Oh yeah, and the PS2 port of the original has Dante as an unlockable character.

Nice. As a DMC fag, this pleases me. Wasn’t it made by Kamiya as well?

Attached: dmc3 .jpg (700x700, 260K)

Yep.

Nice. Will definitely give it a look.
Also, DMC and TWEWY crossover when?

Attached: dante and kirby.png (1000x898, 592K)

>Black Uranus
you mean the pin that they give you if you beat that fucker in ultimate
thank fuck i can kill my yen pins for that one instead

>Taboo Noise can only be damaged by whoever has the Light Puck
>Uzuki and Kariya are some of the only characters to survive the assault from Taboo Noise thanks to having a Light Puck of their own
>they’re also coincidentally one of the toughest boss fights in the game
The way TWEWY used its gameplay to supplement its narrative and vice-versa was fucking kino.

That kind of shit was great. I also loved how the brands and how they used the Chinese Zodiac. Take this excerpt from the wiki for the D+B brand for example.
>While the zodiac describes the Ox as a sign of the steadfast, hard working, patience, honest, and creative to those under its year, its wardrobe of party and leisure might come across as the contrary to many. In deeper introspection however, many and much of its wardrobe is that of clothing that requires a great deal of patience, expertise, and experience to work on, being that of leatherware, including leg wear and boots, heavy materials, and intricate pieces, such as bras and to even jewelry; the inclusion of many D+B outfitters allowing early access to top class leather hides and even sterling silver greatly hints that D+B is a designer brand, which is a venture that requires not just skill in the trade of couture, but also that of PR and self run business management.
>Allowing for psychokinesis is much like the carnage of a charging oxen, mercilessly plowing and running over anything in its path. Its inclusion of ice based negative psyches, along with its designer party ware theme, runs along a reference to a famous auspicious belief in Chinese astrology regarding ox signs, in that if one is born under the sign of the Ox during the times of winter, much like them merely resting in the barn and being fed unlike in the toiling times of summer and spring, that such people are destined for a life of ease and little labor.

Attached: twewy brands.png (640x640, 292K)

Attached: twewy trust me.jpg (600x5500, 717K)

Attached: neku trust me.png (682x6270, 2.47M)

Jikkyouchuu ED references trust me

Man, I miss Trust Me fanart.

Attached: players.jpg (1305x1998, 533K)

Squeenix

youtu.be/SSTdSscfgJ8
FRAGEMENTS OF THOSE MEMORIES ARE SCRATCHING MY NERVES

Attached: x2 die.png (500x375, 129K)

AND I AM HEARING THEIR VOICE IN DEEPEST REVERB

Dante and Neku teaming up to kill Demon Noise in a post-bombing Shibuya.

That would be based as fuck.

Attached: spicy tuna roll.jpg (600x800, 114K)

I’VE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS FRAME BEFORE I’M TAMED

WHY CAN’T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE FOR JUST ONE NIGHT?

Attached: brand pin design.jpg (960x720, 709K)

Attached: 104 building design.jpg (960x720, 329K)

Attached: npc design.jpg (960x720, 549K)

This game had some great NPC designs.

Agreed

Attached: twewy shopkeepers.jpg (1101x1449, 964K)

Wait, you can fight him? How?

"Thanks a bunch!"

He’s on top of Pork City in Another Day and the secret boss. Once you get past all of the pigs, you can fight him. Pro-tip: bring unbranded pins to make fighting the pigs less of a hassle since some floor will limit your pin choices.

>gets A rank or plus in combat
>go to boss
>always suck dick
What also how’s the switch gameplay?

It depends on how fast you can kill them or how much damage you take during their fights. I remember sucking like crazy fighting them the first time around but then I was able to beat them again with flying colors later on.

Honestly I just can’t enjoy the boss fights I’m on beat now and does it get easier

Oh, thanks. I haven't gotten around to another day yet. Is it as bad as people say, I heard it "ruined the ending"

Some boss fights like Uzuki and Kariya will give you hell depending on how you set up your equipment and pins so I suggest giving those a look over and buffing up Beat. It really helps out a lot during certain boss encounters. Plus, you can always play through the game at any chapter due to NG+.

Nah, Another Day is the parody chapter. What you’re thinking of is a New Day. As for the new ending, that depends on how you view it. My feelings for it are a bit mixed, personally.

Attached: emo urges.png (1136x640, 724K)

Okay thanks man

they give you more commands for him as you play just like it happened with shiki and joshua, air combos and cancelling are pretty useful and makes him even faster to attack

Why are TWEWY threads almost always full of high quality discussions? Seriously, it’s pretty refreshing.

So is the original ending still in the game or did they create a new one?

relatively niche game.

It’s a bit of both. The new ending is kept in A New Day while the original ending is still in the main game.

>SAWA @sawa333
>Hi there. Thanks for remembering me. I retired from pro music scene. Since I broke my jaw, I no longer am capable to sing intensively,

Attached: sawa.jpg (425x319, 78K)

Nice thank god

>had streetpass on the DS before the 3DS was even a thing
The lengths the development team went to make sure every feature of the DS got used really made the game.

IIRC, she recently did a concert a while back. Can’t remember what it was or when, though.

>The entire game is based on the fact that Joshua just straight up fucking headshots Neku not once, not twice, but three times
Fucking madman. Should I actually play this game? Would emulating it work out? I don't have an old 3DS to use a capture card with.

Oh wait, found it.
anotheranimereview.com/tag/sawa-kato/

You would be better off pirating the mobile version instead of trying to play it on PC. Though the game turning into triggering your own pins and partner attacks at the same time rather than juggling them makes it lose its charm.

From what I heard, emulating it can a bit of a pain due to how much it uses the DS hardware, though I have heard of some people being able to play it just fine that way.

Is there any DS game better than TWEWY?

Attached: 1499903822244.png (600x595, 560K)

Probably not. Ghost Trick comes really close, but the gameplay is not as intense.

I always hear people saying Ghost Trick is incredible. Is it the story that makes it so good?

There isn’t much to shitpost about when it comes to TWEWY. The game is just that fucking good. It also helps that the gameplay is a bit of a casual filter.

>music that rivals persona
>totally unique gameplay
>interesting story
>great characters
spiritual successor when?

>This doesn't seem so bad
>Double screen
>Enemies constantly flying around on both screens
>Can't focus on both at the same time

Attached: 1562050273299.jpg (600x600, 64K)

Just focus on whoever has the light puck. I was pretty shit when starting out but now I’m able to do level 1 playthroughs on Ultimate pretty easily.

Just keep at it, user. One guy completely hundred percented it with one hand and a fucking stump, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Yeah. Gameplay's pretty good too, though.

>One guy completely hundred percented it with one hand and a fucking stump
No fucking way. Post it, please.

Way.

Attached: git gud.png (2409x1448, 3.62M)

Eventually it just clicks, it's like your brain evolves or something

Holy shit

Attached: 1563334326697.jpg (500x500, 81K)

Wtf is that coming out the side of the stump?

The fact that Square hasn’t tried anything as original as TWEWY makes me sad. Like, goddamn, where the fuck did that creativity and drive go?

the penis

It’s a game based around the concept of connecting with others and not shutting them out. Not hard to imagine that threads would have good vibes because of that.

>tfw getting the Light Puck down for the first and now being able to pass it back and forth between Neku and the partners with no trouble at all
>tfw getting up to 5x attack

Attached: hell yeah motherfucker.jpg (507x720, 75K)

Post your favorite TWEWY songs, you zetta sons of digits.
youtu.be/fGvVOun_7kU

I'm a simple man.
youtu.be/i0569Wt-cZ0

>Give Me All Your Love
Based. Here’s mine.
youtu.be/PjCXl9KdzOA

youtu.be/fOHKCfs2lrA

Attached: jamming.gif (185x185, 253K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LDl_s6GAzt4
the TWEWY OST is the only vidya OST where every song is great.

Is KH Dream Drop Distance worth playing just for the TWEWY parts? never ever played a KH games and DDD is the only one i ever considered playing ever.

Having played through all of the KH games, probably not unless you're invested in KH already. The TWEWY parts are cute fanservice, but not worth it on their own, just watch it on youtube.

Not really, no. KH DDD is kind of a mess and the TWEWY parts are woefully short. I’d still recommend giving the KH games a look if you don’t mind the Disney parts and Nomura autism for the gameplay.

youtu.be/Pp0viroPHgk

Attached: IMG_5623.gif (480x270, 1.64M)

Say what you will about DDD but the Kingdom Mixes were top tier.
youtu.be/CFc_kLD5rog
youtu.be/Leqh0qOeo2Y

Attached: twewy kh3d.png (800x800, 434K)

Man, I forgot how thin Shiki was in DDD.

IMAGINE

God bless vagina bones.

Attached: shiki.png (721x1446, 610K)

youtu.be/mlEg1kHq8S4
Personal favorite Twister remix.

Now play it properly in a 3ds

youtu.be/VIW-Uznlf_s
WHY?
OH WHY DO THEY LAUGH SO MUCH?
ALL THE TIME?

IS THIS WHAT YOU’RE SEARCHING FOR?
ARE YOU SCARED TO KNOW THE TRUTH?

Attached: sora and neku.jpg (989x908, 105K)

Attached: tin pin rangers.jpg (916x1300, 286K)

Attached: twewy players.jpg (1282x1116, 344K)

Attached: twewy cast.jpg (1440x1073, 341K)

Attached: neku and sora.jpg (1224x1500, 419K)

Attached: neku and shiki.jpg (380x515, 83K)

Attached: neku and coco.jpg (850x1024, 334K)

Attached: neku and beat hanging out.jpg (979x661, 114K)

>can casually crossdress, if girls clothes have stat bonuses you want, but you need to grind your bravery up first
The mechanics were pure genius.

>Joshua has high Bravery right from the start

Attached: lapin angelique joshua.jpg (669x900, 74K)

Attached: neku pyrokinesis.jpg (680x680, 125K)

Attached: partners.jpg (900x1200, 201K)

OH, WHAT I HAVE HERE DON’T YOU TOUCH

THIS IS MINE

How is the Switch version? Is the combat fucked?

Attached: 65423894_1322120034631251_4681847487483346944_o.jpg (1079x817, 85K)

nothing, TWEWY was fucking awful and failed appropriately

It’s a bit of mixed bag. It’s basically a port of the mobile version with motion controls and a Co-op mode added in. Motion controls are pretty much love em or hate em though handheld is pretty good from what I’ve heard and the updated graphics and added music is a plus. Basically, it depends on whether you want to experience TWEWY in anyway or want the authentic DS experience.

The World Ends With (You)

>TWEWY was fucking awful
I’d hate to see what you consider good, frankly.

GO ON
BRING MORE TO ME

NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE ME

DON’T YOU DARE TRY AND PULL ME INTO YOUR WORLD

I HAVE MYSELF TO FOLLOW
THAT’S WHO I CHOOSE TO LIVE FOR

Sounds unnecessarily complicaded and i don't see this having a good payoff at the end, is this going to be KH again with 20 billion keikakus running at the same time in the background? Also im not a fan of adding OC girl out of nowhere that also happens to be the most important person in the story, im having Persona 4 Golden flashbacks

Attached: 1510976681171.jpg (824x579, 85K)

Nomura’s autism knows no bounds. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hype-chan turned out to be an Angel or some shit.

Attached: mr. h’s keikaku.png (850x433, 35K)

>still cant find Slam Brothers remix on youtube or anywhere else
that shit is a total bop and im not sure if anyone's uploaded it or not

It was but then YouTube struck down the channel that had Final Remix’s ost.

God, TWEWY was lightning in a bottle. Basically made by a top class team of developers who had intelligence and talent to back their vision up. Will we ever see something like it again?

I want to play this game again but I'm not buying another DS. is the android port any good at all? I don't remember much about the game besides it being my favorite games for the ds next to custom robo arena and nintendogs