US courts say at least 50% market share is required to be even considered a monopoly

>US courts say at least 50% market share is required to be even considered a monopoly
>steam accounts for 18% of yearly pc game sales

Can someone explain why steam would be considered a monopoly?

Attached: 541197-steam-logo-640x360.jpg (640x360, 13K)

>18% of yearly pc digital and physical game sales
retard
if you look at digital downloads steam is well over 50% and has been over 50% for years

>By 2017, users purchasing games through Steam totaled roughlyUS$4.3 billion, representing at least 18% of global PC game sales

>global
>includes physical
learn how to interpret statistics before you embarrass yourself on 4channel

18% < 50%

>global

When you are a retard that doesn't know what words mean

yes, I can see that you are only capable of comparing numbers and do not understand anything other facts or details, you don't have to keep repeating yourself. we can all see you are fucking retarded. it's very clear

>Physical PC market
Did you hit your head recently?

Well you're implying that digital and physical goods are different somehow.

>buying mp3 files is exactly the same as buying a CD
retard

Monopoly means any popular company I don't like. Also, wtf is that definition of monopoly?

A bad one

There is no difference between a videogame purchased at gamestop and one purchased digitally.

Like what? Whether your game works with a steam account or not?

shut up moron
physical and digital goods are profoundly different for the consumer, the publisher, the developer, and the distributor

>well u still get to play the game lol xd
retard

I said there is none. They're the same game. Like arguing that Shell or Chevron gasoline are different and therefore should be considered seperate markets.

The only difference is delivery. Once the game loads there is no difference in gameplay.

If digital was too expensive, people would buy physical. Visa versa.

>physical sales
>on PC
What's that, like 0.1% of the market?

>only 18%
Where the fuck else are people buying games? is the other 72% FIFA sales on Origin or something?
I haven't seen a physical PC game in like 10 years so it that can't be it.

It is not

>The only difference is delivery.
i mean even ignoring the fact that if you wanna handwave all the manufacturing the discs the cases the booklets and the covers and ignore retailers' logistics of inventory management and everything else you're still wrong

you can sell physical copies, digital purchases redeem licenses tied to an account which are revocable at any time.

>If digital was too expensive, people would buy physical. Visa versa.
retard
if you had any understanding of microeconomics you would know that people make decisions based on more than the price of the good, namely digital media is often much more convenient

i hate you. you are so stupid, just shut up

Do not pretend for a second you know a single thing about microeconomics.

>steam takes 18% of yearly pc game sales
thats because epic games takes the other 82 percent

Attached: trashed.png (840x1073, 400K)

>Can someone explain why steam would be considered a monopoly?
Only retards think it's a monopoly.

Minus 200 IQ confirmed brainlet post

It owned 75% of the digital market back in 2013 and has only grown since.
>The Steam platform is the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming, estimated in 2013 to have 75% of the market space.[4] By 2017, users purchasing games through Steam totaled roughly US$4.3 billion, representing at least 18% of global PC game sales
Also you are so fucking retarded the place you copy pasted this from literally had the info right in the previous sentence. Please do NOT reproduce.

Based. Dab on these steamniggers.

the fact you didn't address any of my points says it all
you are not smart

you can be smart if you work hard to practice critical thinking and learn things but right now you are so so stupid that you're not even fooling other retards. all of your posts are really embarrassing