Would Shadow be better off dead?

Why did the fans bring him back to suffer? He was never good after SA2.

Attached: shadowthehedgehog.png (350x562, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCwH214Rbi0
strawpoll.me/18331798
youtube.com/watch?v=cxixExKC0I4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sonic should stay dead. And their fans. The most autistic fanbase in existence.

Monkey Paw, user.
>Bring back Shadow
Ok, he's in Heroes and his gameplay will be gimped with the others.
>No, I meant give him his OWN game
Ok, Shadow will have his own game in the Heroes engine, guns, and have Sonic's annoying friends follow him.
>NO JUST SA3 WITH SHADOW BEING IMPORTANT
Ok......*makes Sonic '06 and Mephiles*

That's when Sega stopped caring about Shadow. Fans hate him now.

He was fine in Heroes and Battle

The problem is that the new writers decided to just make him Vegeta. Fuck that.

Shadow was written as a one-off character. They didn't know what to do with him after he came back.
Team Chaotix, Silver, Blaze, Chip, Werehog, Shara/Merlina, and Cream all served their purpose. They don't need to come back.

Because Shadow was cool at the moment, now he's bait to buy the next sonic game. He was decent, but deviantart ruined him the worst too.

Also, /sthg/ gay memes.

Attached: huh.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Be honest, if Shadow was a one-off character, he would have never been in Smash

the kids liked him
the little 11yo kids that now fondly look back on Heroes and Shadow's game even though they were largely (if not entirely) garbage

>He was never good after SA2.
The clone twist that they introduced in Hero's was neat.

But yeah he's been trash since.

Be real, nobody cares about items in Smash anyway, and Knuckles was a better assist trophy. He doesn't deserve to get in before Tails or Knuckles either.

Best game shadow was 06 shadow though.

And if he had stayed dead we wouldn't have gotten comic shadow which is best shadow.

Which comic are you talking about? Tails Gets Trolled?

shadow is really one of the better characters and he mellows out pretty hard. A lot better than what they've done to tails, amy, and knuckles. Team dark in general is pretty good

He was Vegeta from the very beginning

>Fans hate him now.
No they don't

No probably he mean IDE comics but TGG Shadow is still kino

Shadow was best when he interacted with Rouge, Omega, and Emerl. Even in Rivals 2, his Metal Sonic pair-up was kino.

The problem is that they should've used him in more games post '06. Sonic Riders would've barely changed if the Babylon Rouges was replaced with Team Dark getting treasure for GUN or something. Sonic Unleashed could've used him for the night settings. Who knows?

Who are they? YouTubers? /sthg/? Sega?

Reminder that Team Dark without Shadow makes Rouge worthless and Omega boring.

Attached: 12121.png (842x768, 266K)

Who are the people who you say hate them just as much?
Shadow's the first playable character outside of Sonic in Modern Sonic in over 10 years and I doubt it'd be the case if he was hated.

>The most autistic fanbase in existence.
That is not Smashfags or Pokefags.

Who gives a fuck?

Please don't tell me you're using Sonic Forces dlc as an excuse for Shadow. If that's the case, then Rise of Lyric counts for playable Amy, Knuckles, and Tails. Oh and Classic Sonic.

It's irrelevant that he even shows up in Forces, he wasn't worth anything at all and being reduced to being a "skin" of Sonic again instead of '06 ruined him further.

>Be honest, if Shadow was a one-off character, he would have never been in Smash
Sounds good to me desu.

lately, i've been wanting to play sonic forces so fucking bad. i already played through it on the switch (hacked) and now i want to buy it for ps4. my autism can't take it anymore. i just need a sanic

Rise of Lyric was a Spin off that no one thought much of that was simply made because they wanted some tie into the show.
user it sounds more like you don't like Shadow so you're applying it to the fanbase but he's still in the higher echelons of popularity among everyone.
Certainly higher then characters such as Tails or Knuckles to say the least.

OCs are still established characters user, whether you like it or not. Shadow as an OC of SA2, so the Avatar still beat him to it.
Ultimately, he's the latest veteran to be used in Modern Sonic again.

>fans hate him now
What? He's legit probably more loved than Sonic himself by the fanbase.

Attached: 1544840673484.gif (245x184, 703K)

Admittedly I should've been clear about it being returning characters because you are right the OC has him beat.

You should get out of her bubble on Yea Forums. Go anywhyere else whether it be discord, twitter, facebook, youtube, reddit, and Shadow is always getting fan content.

youtube.com/watch?v=kCwH214Rbi0

When that one guy made the infinity Engine he put MORE effort into making Shadow playable and look cool than Sonic. When you have the official twitter Q&A with the games voice actors, Shadow was always there with the others to answer questions. People love Shadow.

I think Knuckles is on the upswing
He's been acknowledged in all the recent games and has the most dank memes

>Shadow is more popular than Tails and Knuckles
>Actually loved
>What is "infamous"?

Tails and Knuckles deserve spots as Smash characters before Shadow. Tails starred in many of his own games and appeared more often. Including Sonic Colors, Unleashed, and Lost World where Shadow was nowhere to be seen. After Shadow the Hedgehog was released nobody respected the character anymore and so Sega never bothered to use him in a big story after '06 again. Fact.

I guarantee you the next modern game HAS to have Tails and Knuckles being there before Shadow could appear. (Probably to get beat up by Sonic because that's all he does now.)

And the kids who watch YouTube opinions circlejerk that Shadow was everything wrong about the Sonic series. That's the majority Sega listens to.

>muh OC's
you're legitimatley more autistic than the fans you hate

The fuck are you talking about autist?

>Tails and Knuckles deserve spots as Smash characters before Shadow.
Who was talking about Smash Bros?
Is this why you're arguing this so much?
Who fucking cares about Smash Bros no Sonic characters getting in for years so why bother arguing over it?

>Modernfags like edgy era Sonic
Big whoop. This does nothing to claim pre SA2fags hate him and post SA2fags love him. It's that simple.

Moron. Sonic Infinity is a SONIC fangame and improved on Sonic's gameplay before Shadow. Hence the name. Shadow doesn't even have 10 fangames dedicated to him, Sonic does from RoboBlast 2 to Utopia.

Every time someone mentions the possibility of Shadow staying dead, I just think about what it would have been like if the entire series ended with SA2. I just can't un-link those two scenarios in my head.

Attached: GeekCritiqueSA2.jpg (1280x720, 236K)

>People love Shadow
>Tails and Knuckles get in Mania
>Shadow isn't even liked by ClassicChads
The irony is glorious. At least Rouge is liked because she has tits. Shadow is just a emo old 2000s clone of Sonic gone too far.

He's not gonna appear in Mania 2 though, but Knux will be.

Judging by some of the lines in the story promos, it was supposed to be.

The instance Sonic became multiplat he went on a downward spiral.

>unironically going No U
christ on a stick

shitdow should have never existed in the first place. scourge should have been in the games instead.

What's amusing me about this thread is
>"People don't like Shadow"
>People provide proof to the contrary
>"Doesn't count, People don't like him because I don't"

>infamous
Okay, nevermind the poll a while back in which everyone said that Shadow was their favorite Sonic character over Sonic himself. Whatever makes you happy, user.

Attached: 1545928927135.jpg (817x817, 131K)

>scourge should have been in the games instead.
Scourge was introduced long after Shadow.

>Poll
stopped reading, what the fuck using this as a argument? The riggable ones using Strawpolls or what?

SA2 being the last game really would have been for the best. Despite some shitty levels the story is peak kino and a fitting end.

>Popularity contest
>not liking characters for reputation alone
Stay mad, Shadow is a laughing stock and degraded even below Tails in Forces. You must be underage if you still see him as a "good" character.

So, what I can gather from posts like it's that Boomers who go "Only duh classic games were good" are the only vocal ones who actually hate shadow. Everywhere else you go on the internet besides here on Yea Forums people love the fuck outta Shadow. But Yea Forums is where the boomers and contrarions hang out and act like everyone else are stupid so whatever. Makes sense.

Attached: 1545151707434.jpg (810x634, 81K)

>awhile back
Ya like 10 years ago
Knuckles used to be more popular than Sonic too, like, 20 years ago. So what?
It's hilarious to me Shadowfags only have a single ancient Japan only poll to cling to when trying to argue Edgy the Hedgy isn't a complete laughing stock now.

Is this 2005? Shadow is like the best character in the series and the only one with any character development

As I said this thread is full of

Shadow's whole story retcons the events of Sonic 1,2,3K, and Adventure by adding more humans and making the "shared world" plot confusing.
Imagine Shadow in Green Hill Zone, he doesn't fit in at all. Now give him a gun, chaos rage powers, a motorcycle, an evil clone trying to plunge the world into darkness. Fuck that.
Mania was a step in the right direction. Forces made Shadow worse.

Dead? No. Improved? Yes.

They shouldn’t have changed Shadow to be a white overly edgy guy, and should have stayed as a edgy yet cool Latino like in Adventure 2.

>it's that Boomers who go "Only duh classic games were good" are the only vocal ones who actually hate shadow.
Nope, because I liked Unleashed and Generations, it's just that zoomers only like Shadow because of his flanderized characterization. He's liked because "he's edgy". Not the SA2 Shadow, but the ShTH and above Shadow. SA2 Shadow had a arc, and it was fucked over because of fanboyfags. I'd feel the same if Gamma was still around after SA1.

>degraded below tails in forces
He was hardly in Forces, and at least his character didn't recess in character developement for no reason. Both make him better than Tails in Forces. Not shitting on tails though. I'm just saying that in Forces Shadow got off better than Tails.

Ok, so where's the proof. was spot on.

Call the kids on YouTube, Discord, Reddit, and so on. That's the demographic Sega makes games for and even they think Shadow is emo trash.
t. Born after 1995

Dont know wtf you are going on about but I will always love Shadow.

Hes the fucking Vegeta of the Sonic series.

>Call the kids on YouTube, Discord, Reddit, and so on
Yeah, literally anywhere besides on Yea Forums. Are you seriously going to say that the only audience Sega ought to concern itself is Yea Forums?

>Shadow is like the best character in the series and the only one with any character development
>and the only one with any character development
>any character development
>character development

>Literally retcons all of his post SA2 content anytime his bios is mentioned
OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1562344400291.png (2160x4320, 3.11M)

>unleashed and Generations
You're a classic fag in denial. Classic fags will praise Generations and Unleashed.

>was spot on
It's in this thread but you don't consider it valid.
His shit is just as much personal bias as you consider everyone elses and it's why you consider it correct because you personally agree but as stated people still like him.
Did you forget all the people who wanted him as an echo fighter for Smash?
Btw I don't care if Knuckles or Tails get in before him so don't go autistic talking about "deserving it"

What if I said I liked SA2 and the Advance games, but not Heroes, ShTH and 06?

>His shit is just as much personal bias
The hell do you mean? I'm literally posting all the places where discussion of Sonic most often occurs, and also I'm here on Yea Forums and /sthg/ a lot of the time. The point I was attempting to make is that Yea Forums is a minority, and always will be.

I never said that. I said Sega listens to the majority of voices in the demographic. Most likely the ones on Sonic's twitter too. Taking Yea Forums's opinions seriously when /sthg/ infiltrates and make gay shadow memes would be stupid.
Stop taking Yea Forums autist memes seriously for once. I never asked for echo characters and everybody complained about "clones" before it was cool, newfag. I asked for proof that Shadow was good, but you still don't have any. Reason why? Because he got hit the hardest after '06.

>That's the demographic Sega makes games for and even they think Shadow is emo trash.
Prove it, this is an awful lot of just making claims.

>I asked for proof that Shadow was good,
I wasn't talking about whether he was a good character because literally no one else is a good character anymore. we're talking about him being liked by the fans and you've moved the goalposts.

Log off Yea Forums and step out of the echochamber. Reading YouTube comments would be a good start and elsewhere. But I work as an educator, so I listen to feedback on sonic games in the classroom anyway.

Are we suddenly flipping the script and implying that Yea Forums loves Shadow and everyone else hates him?

Read the OP again. It was never a popularity contest, it was that his character was shit after SA2.

user if you followed the conversation I was having from that OP we were discussing his "fan's hate him" comment.
If we're discussing his character is shit nowadays then guess what? I agree but nearly everyone in Modern Sonic is shit and Classic is only good because they removed the dialogue

>we
no, everyone and Yea Forums thinks Shadow is trash. Hence this thread. You wanted proof, so I told you to look outside Yea Forums and see it for yourself.

I've asked you to provide if it's so easy to find user but you don't seem to want to, the burden of proof isn't on me.

I'm not gonna spoonfeed you when you're on the internet. Ask reddit for that.

Not him, but you've provided no proof that Shadow is largely hated and there's more proof that Shadow is in fact loved by most of the fanbase than to the contrary. Either provide actual evidence or fuck off.

Attached: 1546205858798.png (800x580, 813K)

>Makes claim
>asks to provide proof
>"No I'm right but I'm not gonna prove it"
Like clockwork.

strawpoll.me/18331798

let's end this fucking discussion once and for all.

Attached: 1534605916331.png (671x671, 179K)

>not him
Haha, samefag. Provide evidence he's liked by the community then. Can't? So you put "the burden" on me. Start your own thread and link it to this one. I'll wait.

Honestly anything involving Shadow would've been a lot better if it weren't tied to whatever the fuck world they tried developing for Adventure.

>provide evidence he's liked by the community then
Okay

>strawpoll.me/18331798
strawpoll.me/18331798
>strawpoll.me/18331798
strawpoll.me/18331798
>strawpoll.me/18331798
strawpoll.me/18331798

The claim that Shadow was hated was first, again the Burden of proof isn't on us to prove you wrong, it's to prove yourself right but again, you don't seem to want to so why should I bother trying to prove it when you'll likely move the goal posts if I do?

>He was never good after SA2.
Cringe.

Attached: Sonic 2006 Shadow Introduction.webm (400x310, 2.78M)

>Sonic games used to put effort into the cinemotography of its cutscenes
fuck. I really miss when Sonic games had unironic soul.

Attached: 1550650281508.jpg (966x1024, 226K)

>Start your own thread and link it to this one.
>I'll wait.
>Not a new thread on Yea Forums in sight.
Kek. OP was right. Ask /sthg/ for a response.

I fucking love Shadow the Hedgehog
I just wish he retained his "im better than you" personality from SA2. After that he just became the brooding edgehog we all know and tolerate.

Attached: 1403917673358.png (302x365, 7K)

>'06
>good

>stealth mission
>gets detected and causes huge explosions right outside enemy base

Explosions are cool.

Sonic Forces still has this in the opening cutscenes. Gameplay needs soul.

I loved SA2 Shadow's banter with Sonic.

Shadow is still mostly loved and I'm not sure where this idea that "everyone" in the fandom hates him is coming from.

That said, Shadow is literal trash that essentially put the final nail in the coffin of Sonic's quality.

Shadow is beloved by its fans but its fans are cringey autistic losers that are mocked and derided and are one of the largest reasons of promoting Sonic Team's bad reputation since these people will eat up anything Sonic good or not.

Sonic is beloved but considering he's beloved by the least respected and biggest joke fandom in existence, I wouldn't exactly call that impressive.

>Shadow's story
>not kino

>Whole thread says people outside Yea Forums like Shadow
>Ask Yea Forums if they like Shadow
Also /sthg/ is full of classic elitists of course they won't like Shadow as well

Mephiles was a bad villain with no smart motivation at all. He's like Ultron but tries to be edgier than edgehog. Shadow's story was just as cringe as Sonic/Elise. Silver's was the best story of '06, but that's a low bar.

>Silver's was the best story of '06
Dude...no

>/sthg/
>classic elitists
nigga that's the fucking adventurefag circlejerk general

tails, eggman, and shadow have the best adventure 2 tracks. knux be in his own category.

/sthg/ is the heart of the "sonic community" here. That's why the general was created to contain them. Also they get to the thread cap daily. If anyone knows about Shadow, ask them.
>Also /sthg/ is full of classic elitists of course they won't like Shadow as well
Silver and Blaze's dynamic and fighting Iblis was kino. Mephiles was garbage. Eggman was garbage. Gameplay was shit here, but the story was gold.

Sonic 06 was really Shadow's story

Wrong, it never existed because it's one cutscene of Sonic running through Soleanna and watching Elise at night. The end.

Based

Last sonic game I played was 06. Shadow had diverged quite a bit from Sonic in terms of powers and moves in that game. Are his moves still about teleporting behind enemies or did they retcon that and make him a sonic reskin again?

He was a Sonic reskin in Forces with the exception of his homing attack.

Attached: 1518333675374.gif (400x225, 2.62M)

He's only been in Forces since then but yeah he's pretty much a reskin in it

>Are his moves still about teleporting behind enemies
Those are almost exclusive to cutscenes nowadays (complete Sonic reskin in Forces, but he uses Chaos Control in a cutscene). He was pretty damn cool in Sonic and the Black Knight though

youtube.com/watch?v=cxixExKC0I4

Attached: SonicBlackKnight.jpg (900x605, 123K)

It's fucking pathetic that the falling animation is the only idle animation Sonic has in Forces, and that's just because it's taken directly from Lost World.

Lancelot was great. Griffith nailed his voice.

Attached: 66198745_p12.jpg (1920x1920, 1.71M)