8th Generation Fighting Games

Rate best/worst fighting game of the generation. Were we scammed or this gen was ok?

Attached: 8th gen fighting games.png (1141x1078, 2.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sBUWLMbuTgo
youtube.com/watch?v=FJcXNDk-5F8
youtube.com/watch?v=15JXoubGGWk
twitter.com/fubarduck/status/1151073016345874432
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Smash ultimate- 9/10
Tekken- 8.5/10
DBZ- 5/10
Soul cal- 1/10
injustass- 1/10
samurai showdown- 6/10
Dead on arrival- 3/10
mk11- 2/10
mkx- 8/10
SFV- idk
weeb shit- idk

Whats the appeal of smash? Fuck these brawl games mixed with fighting ones!

KoF almost made up for this disappointing generation
Almost

it's fun and easy to get in to and it's just as competitive. Also I guess the roster helps, since most people have some kind of nintendo character they like already, they can instantly find some character to enjoy regardless of how good they are

I only played GG, T7 and SCIV. All of them had their fair share of scams desu
I'm also picking up Samsho in the future cause Galford looks sick

> Tekken 7, UNIST, SCVI, SamSho, GG
Based

> MK11, DBFZ
These were okay.

> SFV, MVCI, DOA6, IJ2, BBCTB
Shit

KI - 10/10
Where's my goddamn sequel?

Iron Galaxy please. It will never be good.

>Yea Forums
>playing fighting game
Most people here can't even do a DP motion.

They did pretty good towards the end

No contest.

Attached: 1557779762277.webm (720x405, 2.57M)

I wish I wasn't trash and could play Venom or any technical harder character that isn't unga bunga

This.
95% of Yea Forums is a cacophonous rabble of blue squares and bronze tier shitters

soulcaliber and SFV are the only acceptable ones up there

MK11 1/10
DOA6 I dont like 3D fighting games.
DBFZ 7/10
KOF14 7/10, but too dead to play at all.
BBTAG 6/10
GGXrd 9/10, good game, recent patch is horse shit though
SamSho 9/10 game, 1/10 online, lobbies are awful
SoulCal6 I dont like 3D fighting games.
SFV 6/10, business practices make it look far worse than it actually is. Said business practices are awful though
Tekken 7 I dont like 3D fighting games
UNIST 5/10
Injustice 2 1/10

Attached: 1544021424166.png (600x800, 829K)

1.MK X
2.Fighterz
3.Tekken 7
4. MK 11
5. Injustice 2
6. Street Fighter 5
7. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
I also player KoF XIV and Guilty Gear but very little so I cannot judge them
properly

Anyone who likes and supports MK is mentally ill.
Enjoy the inevitable even more cancerous microtransaction-driven sequel.

Where is virtua fighter 6?

>worth playing
Xrd, Uni, SamSho, Tekken
>cool if you're into it
SCVI
>trash
everything else

Dumb faggot you're the one that needs to be smashed.

i agree with this list too

Attached: 1554210197619.jpg (800x443, 33K)

>SFV
Awful launch, but has slowly improved over time. Sadly, the biggest issues with SFV lie in some of its most fundamental design decisions so the meta can't really evolve past them. Underrated OST and the best set of newcomers in any SF game. 7.5/10
>T7
In terms of gameplay, visuals and roster, one of the absolute best Tekkens. The side content is somewhat lacking, as is the music. Best guest characters of the bunch. 8.5/10
>SCVI
The best since II in terms of gameplay, with the best character creator since it was introduced, and yet it seems to have barely coasted, even with Witcher & Automata bait. It feels less "iconic" than II, like it backpedaled a bit too much after SCV. 7.5-8/10
>MK11
A step back from MKXL in all ways but visuals (MKXL is barely okay). The new mechanics are a poor attempt at encouraging footsies and trivialize the MK9/X meter management, on top of butchering Variations. Roster is pathetic given the budget NRS must have, and there's no newcomer with the Jason function. 4/10
>Xrd
Innovative visuals for the time, great gameplay, a solid set of newcomers, and stellar music. Some of the systems are too convoluted for their own good but otherwise there's very little actually wrong with the game. 9/10
>DBFZ
A little disappointing but still great. It tried to learn from Marvel but in each way it improved on the formula it took something good away. Team building is too rigid, & Bardock is STILL on top. Story was meh and the music is a mixed bag but mostly good; I play this more than most of this list still. 8/10
>BBTag
An asset dump that exists so Mori could make a RWBY game. Had some neat ideas but is literally too fast for its own good, and every character has a butchered moveset 5/10
>KI2013
Arguably the overall best of the generation, cursed with exclusivity to XBone/W10 until it was already bleeding players. Most creative playstyle design, unique mechanics, great guest characters, and 10/10 music. 9/10

Continued in next post

Attached: 1530262813023.jpg (349x324, 75K)

Missing Fighting EX Layer, Killer Instinct, Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars, Nitroplus Blasterz, SNK Heroines, Skullgirls 2nd Encore, Million Arthur: Arcana Blood, Blade Strangers, Granblue Fantasy Versus, Blade Arcus from Shining, Yatagarasu, MVCI, Them's Fighting Herds, and Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai

and Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe

>tekken
>best guest characters
user...literally everyone hates the 2D characters.

Tekken , Mortal Kombat & Street Fighter are the most relevant and therefore the best. Fighting games are about numbers more than anything.
>but what about Smash
Fuck Smash. Not a fighting game. A party brawler for casuals and children.

Attached: ba315107605f28984a1e85bee4dc8231.jpg (640x606, 40K)

kys

Unist is not 8th generation.

who do you main now and why are you "trash"?

>Smash ultimate- 9/10
Yikes.

>Smash ultimate- 9/10
This has to be bait

Outing yourself as a Sonic fox loving furry. Nice. Now tell me why my list sucks without saying "hurr durr smash no like other game".

Tekken 7 > Guilty Gear Xrd > Samurai Shodown > DBFZ > MK11 > SFV > Soul Calibur 6 > UNIST > Injustice 2 > BBTAG Actual dirt > Dead on Arrival 6

>KOFXIV
It's very tough to say if this was better than XIII. Its meter system traded the issues with HD for a list of its own, its visuals were much more cost-effective for SNK which lead to the game having a ton of characters and not bankrupting them, but being their first 3D game it looked poor. Music is worse, but I found more fun characters in XIV's roster and I liked the stages more. It's good as long as I can play Maxima though. 8/10
>SNK Heroines
Literally only good for fapping to Shermie & Terry. Doesn't even have the best SNK girls. 2/10
>SamSho
The first real return to form from SNK. A really cool evolution on SamSho II with 3 great newcomers and good veteran selection; simple but brutal and based on reads and spacing. Shame that the balance seems a bit fucked right now, but at least it's pretty. 8.5/10
>DOA6
Barely an upgrade to DOA5, which itself was just okay. One good newcomer only. I hate that DOA is the only way we see Ryu Hayabusa anymore. 6/10
>UNIST
A really great game. Its gameplay sits pretty comfortably below other anime games in terms of hyper but more than non-anime games, and it has a really diverse and interesting roster. Really solid music as well. Deserves its spot and success at EVO. 8.5/10 but I get that some people are more into it than I am.
>INJ2
I like Injustice gameplay more than MK but MKX was still better than this. Hellboy & TMNT were cool. 5/10
>MvCi
UMvC3 is my favorite fighting game. It's why I play DBFZ more than games I consider better because I love that style of fighter. MvCi is a travesty. It has interesting core gameplay mechanics that weren't balanced well, a roster that was laughable and had 3 busted characters at launch that needed patching. Everything outside the gameplay is fucking garbage. Despite it all, it was fun for some sets and I like watching side tourney Top8s for it. 6/10
>FEXL
I haven't had too much time with it but as a soft reboot of SFEX it does exactly what it wants to do and well. 7.5/10

Give me some reasons why ultimate is bad outside of some some mechanics like auto short hops
And no. Online doesn't count since all fighting games are shit online

It's not bad but it's not a fighting game

and yet persona 4 arena is still the most fun fighting game ever. how did they do it bros

>all fighting games are shit online
>fighting games
smash is not one of them

>only really care about Tekken
>appreciate that it hasn't fallen to the meme of cutscene attacks/supers like SF and every other fighter
>T7 adds Rage Arts

Well
It was fun while it lasted...

Attached: 1538110401293.png (365x363, 202K)

fucking idiot

yeah I wish one button supers weren't a thing

I can understand if someone complains about the Rage system cause it can lead to some undeserved wins but hearing you specifically complaining about having to watch cutscenes then please get out of green ranks before you post your opinion

>Tekken 7
>Best guest characters
You never played the game did you? Everyone hates them, except Negan, as ironic as it is

fpwp

I'm not a fan of big flashy special moves interrupting the fight

Rage Drive in Tekken is ok, Rage art is a problem, especially when it has armor
>but it's punishable
Even the pros fall for it every time

Akuma & Geese are extremely faithful to their soruce material and as a guy who grew up with Tekken that got more seriously into fighters with 2D games I enjoy using them a lot on the side even though I stick with King as my main.

I enjoyed Noctis when I played him but that's probably because he's built around being able to just press buttons and do stuff, although that's probably less fun on the other end. Never played FFXV so I don't know if he's very faithful but he seems to have a lot of weapons and his stage is cool. Negan is just a solid character.

>SFV
I hated this game at launch and I'm still not the biggest fan now. Everything just feels watered down and a lot of the mechanics just suck. I watched SFIV for about 5 years but I've barely seen anything SFV related unless it's EVO or Capcom Cup. I'm just waiting for SFVI at this point. 3/10

>Tekken 7

Best Tekken since DR and a huge improvement over Tag 2. Definitely one of the best fighting games this gen. 8/10

>Soul Calibur VI
Best mechanics since SCIII AE and one of the most hype games to watch. Sadly the lack of a budget, the slow DLC releases and Namco's lack of faith means the series has once again played second fiddle to Tekken. I'm hoping for a season 2 or a SC World Tour to breath some life into the game but I'm not optimistic. 8/10

>DBFZ
I was insanely hyped for this game for the first couple of weeks but that died down quickly. Playing this online was one of the most frustrating times I've had with a fighting game. Despite the game being about brraindead offense the matches still somehow go on for eternity. Although I enjoyed the game's appearance at EVO last year I've only watched maybe two tournaments since then and neither were that fun. 5/10

>Killer Instinct
My favourite fighting game this gen. Fun mechanics, great netcode, best FG soundtrack in years and a lot of the new characters were cool as well. I'm hoping for a sequel next gen. 9/10

>DOA 6
Honestly just feels like DOA5 with minor differences. Did this game even have tournaments? 3/10

>MvC:I
This game has almost destroyed my love for the series. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is solid and even the netcode is above average but everything else is garbage. The presentation, soundtrack, roster and story mode are among the worst I have ever experienced in a fighting game. 3/10

I don't know or care enough about the other games to comment but SamSho looks pretty good at least.

>were we scammed
Maybe for SFV and Tekken 7's vanilla games. And espeically MvCI. Arsys did a fantastic job wiht GGxrd and put alot of love into DBFZ unforunately DBZ's atucal gameplay gets boring quickly and isnt fun to watch. Soul Calibur was ok. Dont know about Samsho or blazblue. MK11 and injustice are good for casuals and storyfags who are not normally into fighting games.

bait or not I genuinely think smash nailed the mix between casual play and competitive play and deserves a good rating. Its fun to play and fun to watch much, more then brawl, wii u, and even melee. I still prefer Tekken and DBFZ over it though.

Attached: 1538419338884.gif (300x250, 31K)

MK11 - Not amazing but probably the best MK so far. MKX was far too anime and MK11 brings the gameplay back to the grounded style the series thrives in. 7/10

DOA6 - DOA has always been a B-Grade 3D fighter but I feel this one is quite underrated. However, they nerfed Tina so they can suck my nuts. 5/10

DBFZ - Overrated by the casual crowd, but underrated by the FGC. DBFZ is seen as a rushdown unga bunga blockstring simulator, but as of the current version it sports strong defensive options, solid combo variety, and a still-evolving metagame among a roster that still has new tech discovered every week. It's a solid successor to MvC, even if it doesn't quite reach to that series level. It's also a wonderful poser filter, anyone who says "hurrdurr superdash skips neutral" or "hurdurr same combos same teams" can be safely written off as somebody who doesn't actually know the game well at all. 8/10

KoFXIV - Woefully underrated game with a great cast and solid mechanics. I still prefer XIII though, that game is fantastic. 8/10

BBCTB - This game is a fucking mess but it's fun. System mechanics are questionable as are the roster choices, but it's a decent game if you can ignore the more absurd aspects. 7/10

GGXrdR2 - Fine wine, what a cool fucking game. Best anime fighter of the current gen, no contest. I love to play Answer. 9/10

Samsho - Very fun, but also very basic. The game.rewards fundamentals above all else, which is refreshing, but the lack of tech to be discovered will hurt this game in the long run. However, the base experience is still excellent. 8/10

Soul Calibur VI - Super underrated, savior of the series tier. I enjoyed V as well but VI is a clear upgrade across the board. The one fatal flaw is the spammability of RE and how it fucks with the pace of the match. 8/10

SFV - Ew, but gets too much hate to be honest. It's not TERRIBLE. 6/10

Tekken 7 - The best fighting game of the generation, and of it's own series. 10/10

UNIST - Awesome. 9/10

Attached: 1447061374441.jpg (450x338, 19K)

then get out of the shitter ranks and you won't see them
you get way better juice out of the Rage system by just making the most out of the extra damage and Rage Drives

>if you fight the right people then you won't see the cutscene attacks
That doesn't fix my issue, which is the fact that they're in the game to begin with

What makes a fighting game? Which of those things does Smash not have?

yeah but the basics of tekken is still there, they dont really feel like you need to use them.

GOD TIER
SFV
Blazblue
Under-night

Good Tier
KoF14
MvC:I
Tekken
Soul Calibur
SamSho

Shit tier
DBZ
GG

Haven't played
MK11 & Injustass 2 (They're both shit lets be realistic)
BB Tag
DoA

(You)

This confirms you did not played the previous Tekken games...

Oh please, have a (you)

GG XRD Rev 2 > SCVI > SFV >Injustice 2

have not played the rest

Use your words kids

Attached: t7_mk.png (943x689, 848K)

I don't

>tfw love watching tekken but hate playing it

Feels mixed man.

Attached: 1557890273807.jpg (285x263, 28K)

>tfw I love playing DBFZ but hated watching it during streams and evo
very mixed indeed. I think im just too much of a dbzfag to not drop it.

They're all inferior in some way to their predecessors, except maybe DBFZ and tekken.

I haven't even played half those games but I'm pretty confident that's correct.

Where is BBCF? If you put Rev2 which is avilable on both PS3 and PS4, then BBCF should be there too.

Also, where's MvCI? In b4
>MvCI BAD
Only if you're a graphics whore.

graphics are all that matters to Yea Forums
nobody plays these games they all watch them

>no killer instinct

What makes UNIST so good? It seems like it's the one anime game that non-anime FGC fags like. Is it the lack of airdashing?

I'm guessing he put BBTAG instead of BBCF under the assumption that BBTAG is a mainline entry.

>No FEXL
What's that? OP is a faggot? Tell me something I didn't know.

it's easy to feel like 'we were scammed' or 'this was a really good gen' but in complete reality fighting game companies are just coasting and this was a pretty meaningless gen.

none of the series pictured here really innovated or had any 'mindblowing' games, and there's nothing above "decent"/"passable" in this list besides MAYBE dbfz if youre a huge anime fan.
and then we have shit like sfv and marvel (lol)

How do I get good at Tekken? I fucking suck.

Attached: 1561934576373.png (450x393, 90K)

>>MvCI BAD
>Only if you're a graphics whore.
literally half the cast has totally fucked hitboxes

No, the game is just trash. Play Guilty Gear.

Don't listen to anime fighter players
Tekken takes the longest to learn just lab a character and get experience learning other character's moves online or treasure battle

Then eventually learn about frame data

Smash is fucking garbage.

The opinion of this thread about Tekken are curious, but i right now I don't wanna type a lot of stuff but i do remember when Tekken was not harvested by people obsessed with competitive play.

discord tranny revealing "her"self

UNIST's neutral really feels like a non-anime fighting game one to me and combos and also somewhat the like the others'

>TEKKEN 7
9/10
>SoulCalibur VI
9/10
>Samurai Shodown
9/10
>Dragon Ball FighterZ
8/10
>King of Fighters XXVI
8/10
>Mortal Kombat 11
7/10
>Injustice 2
7/10
>Dead Or Alive 6
6/10
>Street Fighter V
5/10

Attached: king-armor-Tekken7.png (1282x720, 1.64M)

combos are also somewhat like the others'*
fuck me it's 3am

not bait, and yes. That's exactly why I think smash is a 9/10 game. The reason why fighting games die in the first 2 weeks of release is cause they obliterate the casual fanbase. Smash's mechanics help with casuals while still keeping the game skill based in a 1v1 environment. Yea smash isn't the exact same game as SFV or tekken, but I would definitely consider it part of the broader genre, and I will continue to say so unless people can articulate a proper reason for why smash shouldn't be considered a fighting game

yea and you're probably garbage at fighting games, so go back to button mashing for special effects in mk11 or something you smooth brain furfag

explain nigger, try not to go unga bunga on me though, I won't be able to understand you through your tribal nigger speak

DoA 6 10/10

Guilty Gear, SamSho and UNIST would be the top 3 for me. Some of the others are good too, but I certainly prefer those 3 to the rest of them.

Ah yes, I always remember pic related

Attached: images (2).jpg (349x360, 27K)

youtube.com/watch?v=sBUWLMbuTgo
youtube.com/watch?v=FJcXNDk-5F8
Guilty Gear 9/10 because of Baiken was my main.
And Chip

Attached: __baiken_guilty_gear__1b9249f6c0a43dfd3aec0487f94ee37d.jpg (424x600, 146K)

The most recent patch in GG was fine. It was a lateral change at worst, most people just complained because it didn't nerf Johnny, but it didn't really make him better either.

youtube.com/watch?v=15JXoubGGWk
Also Millia is cool too.

Attached: __millia_rage_guilty_gear_drawn_by_ishiwatari_daisuke__bbaea64467a08be9e01b00c94e7ad6a8.jpg (800x900, 92K)

Best for me is between SoulCal 6 and DOA6.

>Burns you

Attached: image.jpg (320x320, 17K)

Actually whats deemed a fighting game is if its a Street fighter or Virtua Fighter clone. If it strays too much it isnt a fighting game according to the FGC and most fighting game devs

UNIST is grounded. Also the relatively simole design compared to something like GG or BB is approachable to normalfag tastes. Yusuriha is the most risque in terms of fanservice and shes only wearing a tanktop. Not even a miniskirt

>a baiken "player"
Nice, hope you enjoyed your two hours in training mode now that you'll never play again.

I've been shilling this term for while but its in a subgenre of fighting like a "platform fighter". There are other games like it, slap city, brawlhala, and rivals of aeither, I dont see why there can't be a genre for it those specific types of games that have fighting and platforms.
>The reason why fighting games die in the first 2 weeks of release is cause they obliterate the casual fanbase.
Its a double edged sword. Its a shame that alot of fighting games complexity turns off casuals especially with modern gamers becoming less patient and lowers the player count, but at the same time I can appreciate those who put in the time and effort to learn how to play fighting vidya, and through that forms a tight knit community. That's why despite the memes I dont think the FGC will die, those who are dedicated enough to git gud at the game will keep playing with those who do the same.

Ironically enough I'm going melee as an example, most players moved onto brawl to play smash, the competitive scene is still lower then those who just play casually, but that relatively smaller competitive group still played melee enough to create a community that lasts to this day.

Attached: sfxt2neverever.png (518x255, 302K)

Watch Avoiding the Puddle's Tutorials

I didnt even know KoF had a 14th game until this thread lol

Unist and Tekken are great. GG is great, but it's old and dead. I wish Slap City took off, but it didn't.

There's just not enough people playing fighting games, how do we fix this?

yea I agree, platform fighter is probably the specific genre I'd go with as well. But I still feel like fighting game is an okay umbrella term. Similar to how we call tekken a fighting game even though its a 3d fighter and very different from a tradition fighter like MK or SF.
>those who are dedicated enough to git gud at the game will keep playing with those who do the same
To some extent I agree with this but it kind of reminds me of starcraft and quake. 1v1 games that shit on newbies. Both ended up pretty dead(although sc2 is doing pretty alright now). Hopefully fighting games become more popular in general though, and to some extent more
enjoyable in a casual environment cause i'd love to have more fun fighting games to play

>but in complete reality fighting game companies are just coasting and this was a pretty meaningless gen.
this

ok so why do people want to hate mk11 is it retards crying about sjw shit

Attached: 74d6b517d8c28d8ac92319dbfb448c4a6524818c592f0c678384cf8cbe1ebd02.jpg (625x468, 69K)

>MKX was far too anime
what

objectively based or subjectively cringe

>games i haven't played are shit

Attached: shokan mad.png (255x178, 71K)

>Great
SFV
Smash Ultimate
Tekken 7
SCVI

>Good
SamSho
Guilty Gear
Dead or Alive 6

>OK
FighterZ
KoFXIV

>Bad
Injustice 2
MK11

>Offensively Bad
CrossTagBattle

Havent played UNIST

I wish more fighting games weren't afraid to do shit like this

>Long running series is shit
>hurrr surely the 11th game in the series wont be shit too

you sound like a dickhead hating just to do it

Attached: 1537286180026.gif (360x240, 1.99M)

I played the other games and did not like them. What more do you need? Stupid kid, kill yourself.

what you played mk armageddon or something and now you think the new games are trash

Anime in playstyle, not in aesthetic. High movement speed, strong oki, tools that "skip neutral", a large variety of strong mix-ups, absurd combo length/damage, etc.

>Great tier
Smash Ultimate
GG Xrd Rev 2

>Good tier
Tekken 7
Samsho

>Only bought for titties tier
DOA6

>Dead by the time I bought it tier
KOF14
DBFZ

>Shit tier
SFV
MvCI
Blazblue CF

>Did not buy tier
NRS games
Blazblue tag
UNIEL or whatever it's called nowadays

Attached: I-No.jpg (240x240, 20K)

so you are telling me mk3 has a anime playstyle

Attached: 1512606123843.png (1305x1468, 1.8M)

Kope

>All that anime unga bunga

Make way for high IQ.

Attached: 1563289072031.png (1019x562, 780K)

best 2D: guilty gear

best 3D: soul calibur

Attached: faust.jpg (249x246, 12K)

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is still the GOAT

You would think with all the Chinese and Mexican fans, KOF 14 would have more exposure.

>Smash ultimate- 9/10
>DBZ- 5/10

Holy fuck why do nintensh*ts always have literally and unironically the shittest opinion? Kys you scumbag piece of shit

i still dont get this how is mk11 dead

>One game is clunky and aged very bad
>WELL I GUESS THE REST ARE SHIT
(You)

Is not dead
*time gasp one year*
ok now is dead

Attached: 68950276-6B08-4BD1-8CA9-1E4C93687B28.jpg (774x1032, 138K)

what are you a retard?

But it didn’t have any air dash and super weren’t prominent. It was more a failed MK3

Yeah, he's a MK player.

Attached: 1484574835487.jpg (768x1024, 118K)

I thought UNIST killed Melee?

>I watched SFIV for about 5 years
>watched
kek

Calm down I play MK11 too, but let’s be honest, every NRS game is dead after one yeah or after eight DLC character. They said that would have change with this one and they’re going to support it from a long time, but I don’t really trust Jew Brothers

can you imagine unironically thinking dbz is any good? Holy shit please off yourself. The world would be in a much better place if niggers like you just stayed in the trees you were meant to hang from

lmao

Attached: 1563291107348.png (621x496, 43K)

I still play KOF 2000 and just recently bought a ps3

That user is right though dbfz is better then smash, people just play smash because its braindead easy lol

ok i dont get it whats dead to you guys because mkx still had tournaments after the last dlc

how is over a thousand players dead going off the retarded logic you are putting out all the games are dead

Attached: think.jpg (461x707, 218K)

>-300 entrants than Tekken 7
>dead
you can say what you when it really dies, but until then, shut up. game is doing good right now

Great: Samsho, Tekken, Rev2
Ok: Rest
Boring: DBFZ, Injustice 2, MK11

but its below a game so its dead

Normies are gonna drop it soon cause their only in it for the fatals and lore interactions

Injustice 2 also had tournament still and that game was dead over one year. But I admit MK always did better than injustice games

what kind of logic is this

Attached: 1551248133412.png (652x376, 353K)

Baiken is the coolest.

Attached: __baiken_chipp_zanuff_and_mito_anji_guilty_gear__b04131e4b022b16cc734bcd56c075ee6.jpg (467x390, 44K)

Kof14 is the best. But even though I have been a huge fan of the genre since the Snes days, this gen alone managed to completely kill my interest.

>Smash has the most
well I guess trannies and sweaty fat kids do rule the gaming scene these days

There is no logic considering this is the worst place to discuss fighting vidya other then fgg

i can see that this thread is a cluster fuck

Attached: 1480456923136.gif (213x199, 341K)

Why did they even bother with Xtag?

Attached: QUALITY.webm (1280x720, 1.47M)

ok this retard is going to start spamming his shit

Dead Franchise, and thats saying something when we even have a new Samurai Shodown on the market

Post bad animation from MK 11 that aren’t jumps or jabs, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker

>i ran out of shitposts

what do you think guys

>that aren’t jumps or jabs
LOL
Why would I stop when it keeps getting responses?

all you will do is post the same webm and gifs you have no argument

I don't need one, the webms speak for me.

Attached: QUALITY 2.webm (1280x720, 1008K)

so you hate when kage does that same thing

Attached: kage-facebook.jpg (1200x630, 642K)

Yeah, Kage is a shit character/

I absolutely agree with you pal. Except for KI because as you said, it was doomed being x1 exclusive

Attached: 1516611450407.png (646x828, 391K)

most likely just because it's ArcSys' latest game. I'm sure anyone can agree that either GG or the real BB would have been a better game to watch. But both of those games have stopped developer support and have been at the EVO stage multiple times already. Which ever sequel ArcSys releases is replacing crosstag for sure

Are you actually going to defend Kage? SFV has cool newcomers but fuck Kage.

Tekken and Soul Calibur are the only non retarded ones on that list. I tried playing DBZ and it's perhaps the most braindead fighter I've ever played. Was getting 50/50 wins on ranked by spamming one button combos. Netherealm games are shit and anime fighters are gay.

evil ryu also does it you retard fuck off

So you admit you haven't played SamSho?

>MK11
Decent overall package/content, decent combat but not really a fan or good at NRS style FGs. The DLC looks really good so far, but I wish we could trade in Sindel for a couple stages instead.
>DoA6
Supbar content, weak to just plain bad online, jank and glitches that still need fixing, and DLC and update support could be better.
I mean, it's going the same road as DoA5 did but I don't like that notion, if that makes any sense.
>DBFZ
Okay content but amazing fanservice, gameplay is on the simple side but the action-pacing and mechanics make up some really fun spectator action.
I like it but it's not for me. DLC is not to my taste either. More than half the roster are saiyans or related to Goku.
>KoF14
Meh, you could say that is plays like a modern KoF should, but it's still ugly as sin despite the updates. Looks on the cheap side but plays like a good anime fighter despite that.
I think I still prefer 13 and '98 more. The DLC characters were nice though I guess.
>BB CtB
Barebones game, barely passes with my standards. Has the Arc standard story mode, training mode and tutorials but lacks any other content for casuals despite pandering and appealing to such.
Roster selection is pretty good, but the game mechanics and combat style sorta ruin what makes unique fighters from certain games stand out.
Yuzuriha from UNIST for example, and probably more than half of the P4A roster just play like a bunch of mash-friendly brawlers.
But it's not a totally bad game, just that if you want to have some fun with buds with this game, expect to buy all the DLC just to get some tag teams you like.
>Xrd Rev 2
Love it, too complicated for me to learn atm with playing all the other fighters, but I like what I played so far.
I don't know much about this series so I can't say anything other than I think this game is really great in terms of content, style, and combat.
Anime fighter enthusiasts can tell me their opinions on it too.
(cont.)

Attached: anon.png (249x797, 363K)

Have a (You)

>braindead easy
yet I don't see any auto combos in smash

the way Darkseid turned out is just so hilarious.
It's like they tried to one-up Yamazaki by making him fight with both hands on his back but instead of looking like he's sandbagging you, it legit looks like he's struggling to do anything.

>SamSho
Haven't played it, but I'm watching others though. Looks fun and I never touched the series so this style of combat looks like a lot of fun if you have the patience. Will get it for my Switch or PC, probably both. Don't really regret not getting it for PS4.
>SC6
In terms of casual content, it's fucking good, as such for the SC series this far into it. Combat like everyone says, sorta feels like SC2 and SC3.
It's grounded with footsies and spacing but still pretty heavy on the action. I haven't touched it on a competitive level so I can't say much how the balance makes me feel.
The DLC I will say is sorta lacking. 2B and Geralt were good choices for guest characters but I feel like they wasted a slot with Amy and Tira, either pick other interesting guest characters or should've been in the game already, for free. Compared to Tekken 7, Amy doesn't interest me enough as a Legacy Character DLC when the series probably has better choices.
>SFV
Bad launch, okay roster. I think I like USFIV's combat more, something about SFV feels slower and more hard hitting, but not in a way like I like. Updates over time make SFV into a better launch, especially with the current Arcade Edition.
As of right now, I almost wished I never committed to following this game as much as I had. I'll stick to Third Strike Online Edition and USFIV as my preferred SF games. But I guess the way the game is now, it's probably an okay package for newcomers to fighting games.
>Tekken 7
The strongest game in its series, rivaling T3, T5/5DR. Barebones on the casual local content, but the combat and update/DLC support has kept this series alive and constantly growing with lots of people joining in. As for how I feel about it, it's pretty good I guess. I think there has to be something "done" regarding Rage Arts, but I'm not a game director or designer, so I don't know how to spin that. Balance is good from what I can tell.
If I have one complaint, no one asked for Noctis.
(cont.)

Movement is critical in Tekken. Spend the time to learn how to korean backdash, when to side step, and WHAT to sidestep.

It takes a lot of time and I'm far from a master, but once I started incorporating the 3D movement more and more in my game, I started to understand why tekken is a really good fighting game. You really have to have a different mentality with it than 2D fighting games; I used to get clipped by strings when trying to whiff punish even the smallest thing like I would in SF4, now it's understanding "oh this guy is using strings in the neutral, SIDESTEP and make him look like a retard"

Like Aris said once, the game is about creating opportunities, and to do that, you really really have to have good movement.

Attached: ackchyually.png (225x225, 9K)

HOLY KEK

>console exclusive

dead on arrival trash.

>console exclusive
Imagine being this retarded.

>UNIST
Just got into the series, plays really fun. A bit tough on me since I'm not too keen on anime fighters but this game is really solid. The overall content package is so-so, on standard with most NRS titles.
I have yet to learn more about the game so I can't tell if the roster lives up or if the game is to fan's expectations in general. But it does have me looking forward to the next Under Night title though.
>Injustice 2
Compared to MK11, it's fine I guess. The cosmetic and armor system is really underutilized and a wasted effort. Compared to INJ1, this game feels a lot more polished and comfortable.
DLC support is really decent so no complaints there.

From the list of game OP posted, I like most of them. I'd say this new generation on getting casuals into FGs has been interesting at most. Favorite picks go to Tekken 7, MK11, UNIST, and Xrd Rev 2. I hope casualization doesn't go too far, I still think there is some merit, some charm to having FGs operate with all tools and technical skill at the table. But I can't even do Hibiki's supers consistently in BBCF so maybe I too am part of the issue.

Attached: 1487927409967.png (1187x1406, 878K)

I swear Yea Forums is the only place where you can read stupid shit like this

SFV 5/10
Battlerite 6/10
Tekken 7 7/10
Pokken 5/10
Gang Beasts 7/10
Soulcalibur VI 6/10
Brawlhalla 3/10
Guilty Gear Xrd 8/10
Dragon Ball 4/10
Smash 4 6/10
Smash Ultimate 7/10
Samurai Shodown 7/10
Skullgirls 8/10 (yes I realize it's on the older side)
I'm not hardcore fgc so my impressions are limited in regards to the finer nuances and high level play and Skullgirls and GGXrd certainly scored points for good tutorials.
Haven't played UNIST, Nidhogg, Divekick, Mortal Estrogen Plant-Bat, KoF, Rivals of Aether, Centralfiction, Eyes of Heaven and the rest of the licensed kusoge.

Holy fucking seethe! Smash isn't a real fighter, deal with it you loser.

Attached: 00048292839201.jpg (406x350, 32K)

E. Ryu's axe kick is much better animated and doesn't look like some mongoloid trying to roundhouse with his hands tied behind his back

>being this in denial

Xrd Rev 2 is the best game.

His name is Kage you failure. Get it right, and fuck off back to kappa

Not in SF4 it isn't
Dilate

>yet I don't see any auto combos in smash
Why would you waste time typing out auto when the sentence is clearly fine without itM

cope

Those are all the exact same game, which were exactly the same as last gen and the one before that.

It's been 30 years and every fighting game still just wants to be SF2.

Nope, not getting it.

I think I got a panic attack trying to learn one of Slayer's combos and I haven't touched the game since. It's a shame cause it's really cool

Just play one of the ten guerrillas in the game instead.

they are the same person you fucking idiot

Any one of them that doesn't have fucking Gatornigger in the roster.

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt muh banjo
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: disgusting fucking fat fuck.png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

Prior to MK9, did anyone ever legitimately give a shit about competitive Mortal Kombat? I mean, 2 and U3 (and I guess Trilogy) have nostalgia value, but once they transitioned to 3D, the series was pure kusoge until they went back to 2D gameplay with MK9.

All these games are out shined by a party fighter the actual state of the FGC.

>DBFZ's roster
Goku
Yellow Goku
Blue Goku
Goku's Son (young)
Goku's Son (adult)
Goku's Other Son + Vegeta's Son
Goku + Vegeta
Young Goku
Goku's Dad
Evil Goku
Goku + Vegeta the other way

From based KOF XIII to utter shit KOF XIV
I hope that the dipshit in SNK responsible for that change will get hit by a car

Kage is explicitly a different character lorewise, but the same function

DOA6 - 7/10. Great game. Decent graphics. Shit everything else. Fuck that season pass. Fuck it being dead on arrival.
KoF14 - Went from 7/10 to 8/10. Its not a strong entry in terms of mechanics but I like something being easier to pick up. Its continued support was very encouraging as a late SNK fan.
CrossTag - 7/10. Exhaustive periods between patches and left to silence. I consider it to be this generation's Marvel but the way its being handled really irks me.
Rev 2 - 9/10. Awakened me to the generation of fight games. Definitive art style. It does suffer as a weaker sequel overall in comparison to Sign by being a bit rushdown heavy but its such a fucking great game.
SamSho - Don't have an opinion yet, but I love V so I assume I'll like this.
Soul Calibur - 9/10. God. Every character is different and I actually got to play one of these for real. It did suffer in the patches catering to casuals for a second there and I'll admit the season pass is infuriating Namco styled hiatus bullshit, but its a fucking great 3D fighter. I also love how moving feels in it.
SFV - 6/10. After all its bullshit, I still like the game and its attempt to redeem itself but like I said; there's too much bullshit acting as a shell to really just sit down and ignore the faults and strengths of the game. I don't think its a bad game and I DO GET THE INTENTION BEHIND ITS EXISTENCE but fuck is it hard to ignore the bullshit.
Tekken 7 - 8/10. Great 3D fighter. Just never was a fan of movement in it. Gorgeous. Hate that Eliza isn't part of the first season pass. Not much to say, its the posterboy of the generation and it earned it.
UNIST - 10/10. See you in the threads
Injustice 2 - 4/10. All flash. No substance. Its not even pretty flash. I hate how this game feels.

Sorry, I meant Rev 2 is a weaker sequel in comparison to Accent Core, not Sign.

fighting games this gen were trash

GOAT:
Guilty Gear, SamSho, Smash Ult

Alright: SF5, Tekken, DBFZ

Garbage: Sm4sh

I didn't play any of the others

KINO:
GGRev2, Unist
Fun but I can't get into it:
Tekken 7, KoF14, DBZF
Kusoge:
SFV
Didn't play:
DoA6, Samsho, SoulCal
I don't play western shit:
Injustass, MK
Misunderstood:
BBTAG

Honestly, there really aren't any overtly bad fighting games out right now just really dull ones.
Play Melty

Attached: 1512342658742.jpg (823x1200, 215K)

Don't worry GG is a very casual and easy to learn series.

Attached: 1560338089835.webm (1000x562, 2.07M)

> stevefags still seething

FighterZ
Tekken7
SFV
Literally the only relevant fighting games. Everything else is trash.

>SFV
It's just mediocre, from season 1 to current season. Even if we forget the disastrous launch or the rootkit scandal, the game just isn't good enough to keep the same amount players invested in like in previous games. Still has shit tons of players because it's SF, can't wait for 6 personally. 6/10.
>Tekken 7
Best Tekken since 5 DR. They made it easier for casuals from the right places like generic throws being easier to break and getting off the ground is easier. Has the right idea when it comes help newer players by introducing new characters that are very easy to play (Katarina, Kazumi) instead of dumbing down everyone like Mishimas or Stancewhores. The most balanced fighting game I've ever seen, but that might be due to the system allowing you to play a like crazy animal with a weaker character. Lackluster offline content but 2 years after release nobody really cares about those anymore. Season 3 better make wallbounce a relevant mechanic for most characters. 9.5/10
>SC6
Great game, much better than previous one. Brought back classic characters. Needed better online systems to keep players from home invested in the game. I haven't played since launch but I hated how fast and safe some supers were. You could whiff punish even the fastest moves with your instant super art, shit was wack. 8/10.
>DBFZ
Decent game killed by what has to be the worst lobby system I've ever seen. What the hell were they smoking? 7/10

Rest I haven't played enough to give my opinion.

>Lackluster offline content but 2 years after release nobody really cares about those anymore.
I do, it shows that developers can get away with by releasing unfinished games with only training and online, today having more content for a game is seen as cancer and i disagree with it.

>HIgh tier
Tekken 7, UNist

>Candidate for high tier but too new
SamSho

>Good Tier
KoFXIV, SC6, GGXrd

>Okay tier
BBtag, MK11, DoA6

>Bad
DBFZ, IJ2

>Oh shit nigga what are you doing tier
SFV

GBV will probably end up okay or bad tier unless the new characters are super interesting.

Attached: 1542629331750.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>ut the lack of tech to be discovered will hurt this game in the long run
People are discovering all kinds of tech though, the game is full of oddities
twitter.com/fubarduck/status/1151073016345874432

>unfinished games
See I don't think they bother appealing cause guys like you throw around this word. It really doesn't mean anything when a game with a story mode, character stories, arcade and endless battle is apparently unfinished. I've even seen people say SC6 was lacking in single player content and that game has two full story modes. There isn't actually a quantifiable target, it is just the general feeling towards a game usually not based on any research.

Though most of all I'll never forgive single player babies for forcing cinematic story mode as a thing, which has been one of the worst and least interesting single player mode. While also taking a fuck load of resources. You guys have actively made fighting games worse, so you could play a movie for an hour then trade it in.

I never asked for a cinematic story for Tekken, Arcade was the best way to follow through that like in 5.

MK 11 - 7/10
DOA 6 - 6/10
DBFZ - 5/10
KoF XIV - 9/10
Boober Tag - 7/10
Guilty Gear Rev 2 - 9/10
Sam Sho - 9/10
SC VI - 8/10
SFV (Pre Season 2) -4/10
SFV (Post Season 2) - 7/10
Tekken 7 - 8/10
UNIEL - 7/10
Injustice 2 - 7/10

Attached: Boomer_Sol.jpg (2047x1556, 176K)

>story mode, character stories
Boring jokefest that last quickly and you dont want to replay due to how bad they are
>Arcade
The worst in the series, only little fights and no rival cutscenes and no cinematic endings for all individual characters
>Endless Battle
Literally a dumbled down Ghost Mode, but you can fight bosses at least

This looks stupid and makes me understand why GG is a ghost town.

It is a shame FEXL will likely never take off, but it is also missing some basic shit like lobbies

Attached: 1536185467771.jpg (551x743, 77K)