Playing daggerfall unity

just cleared the tutorial dungeon, it wasnt as hard as people make it out to be. where to now? this game is pretty comfy desu. anyone else playing it?

Attached: Screenshot (74).png (1920x1080, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DWmKlE1fR58?t=2822
dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/live-builds/
youtube.com/results?search_query=daggerfall unity texture mods
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=27
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

will probably play at some point, tried Daggerfall a few years back and just didn't get into it
for some reason the world being randomly generated each time and the square layout and wide open towns turned me off
would like to see a mod with more cosy dense and realistic towns and cities

Travel to the city and join fighters guild or something they will give you quests
youtu.be/DWmKlE1fR58?t=2822

People who cant get past the tutorial dungeon are brainlets. Its just stay on the straight and dont go off and the exit is easy to find. Isle of balfiera on the other hand is a nightmare

the world isnt randomly generated each time that's a common bit of misinfo.
yeah I play it a couple times a week mostly just enjoying the fact I can see for miles now instead of 20yds. spend alot more time training in the wilderness now in cool looking spots. neat being outside a city and in the far off distance you see the tiny pixels of the dungeon you walked from during the day.
just gotta find a witch cove and i'll be rolling in magic items to boost my custom class charactor with.

is right. Just wandering off into the wilderness was cool for a minute until I realized I would literally never find anything out there. Why make everything so big if I'm just going to be clicking fast travel between blips on a map? Am I wrong? Is there a reason to just walk out of town into the wilderness?

Good game tho. Finding a real dungeon (hard as that is) has made all the trudging about worthwhile for me so far.

Attached: spoopy_graveyard.png (1920x1080, 872K)

im still wandering through wilderness, is it possible to walk to a city or is fast travel the only way?

>world being randomly generated each time
It isn't, the world is always the same, the only thing that changes is the spawns and quest locations, the world was pre-generated in development

its actually easier to get into than morrowind for me, at least im not walking at a snails pace and I can hit things

it was very experimental for the time and there's a reason it didn't become common or has even been repeated in RPG
would've been nice to see something ambitious, albeit smaller, done again

Travel to the Alik'r Desert so you can start leveling in Fighters Guilds that never close.

This was back when games were written in glowing green text and then you had to compile the whole thing and play it in order to see what you actually made.

>Finding a real dungeon (hard as that is)
What? Finding real dungeons is as easy as taking a quest.

op here, I got bored of wilderness and fast traveled to daggerfall city

Attached: Screenshot (75).png (1920x1080, 715K)

daggerfall has some sexy ladies

Attached: Screenshot (76).png (1920x1080, 790K)

When you get the letter (you will know) dont fuck about. Do exactly what it says and fast otherwise you wont be able to complete it

>walk into an inn
>2 naked sluts just hanging out together in a room
>no qualms with me talking to them
kek

Spiders in this game are fucking rough. I killed a fucking grizzly bear like two passages back and then this motherfucker destroyed my anus.

Attached: ohfuckownostopowowownoooooo.png (1920x1080, 518K)

It's possible but it takes a long time.

imp fucked me up until i figured out i needed to use my dai-katana. i picked barbarian so no magic,

yeah those guys will jack you up along with scorpians. spiders paralyze youre ass and make you bitch. stick and move man stick and move

Finding the entrance after you travel
It can be right behind you or it can be 200 meters to the north behind the trees

Attached: entrance.gif (1024x768, 28K)

>n the middle in some random ass cave I found by picking up a map in a tomb
>Randomly left click on what looks like a fountain with a skull in the middle
>teleport to the ceiling of the main cave room
>fall to my death on the floor below

I love this game even if it barely makes any sense

i found the fighters guild but the door was locked. i broke in but found no one inside

Attached: Screenshot (79).png (1920x1080, 1014K)

i tried to rest and wait for the fighters guild to open and now the guards want to kill me

Attached: Screenshot (80).png (1920x1080, 771K)

HALT HALT HALT

its cool how many little touches like wells and cows you can find in the cities

Attached: Screenshot (81).png (1920x1080, 1017K)

no lollygagging

I think in cities you have to rest in the inn otherwise it's a crime
Game is needlesy complicated in some places and sometimes just broken
watch the video

Was looking for some JRPG to play while drinking, just to do some JRPG shit, but might pick this up instead. You just patch it over normal Daggerfall?

Inversely, the interiors of some places are just barren.

I want to learn how to mod this game.

Attached: ye_olde_jester_world.png (1920x1080, 970K)

yeah just download it from the site, run the exe and point it to your daggerfall folder

there are some sexy ladies in those interiors tho

Attached: Screenshot (78).png (1920x1080, 798K)

dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/live-builds/

Install Daggerfall somewhere (which is free, obviously) and then run the exe that comes in the zipped Unity stuff and direct it to the file path of your Daggerfall folder. Boom.

Prime comfy dungeoning, it looks like. Can you craft and enchant things in a player base? If not, that's fine, there's a lot to be said for spelunking in such a way as Daggerfall offered.

"more randomly generated shit" mods when? Also am into c#. How hard is modding?

There are tools for DU already, though I have no idea if any of them are for code extensions

t. texture pleb

Player housing and ownership was among one of the things on the cutting room floor, outside of dumping your stuff in your home, no shamefully
You have to go to the mages guild, which is probably better in anyways, the factions end up more like hubs

are there any hd sprite mods for the game?

A few patchwork things. I think people are waiting for 1.0 before real modding actually takes off.
youtube.com/results?search_query=daggerfall unity texture mods

Ah I see. Is Unity compatible with any mods? Or has anyone added anything?

I'm running around as a custom monk with hand to hand as my main combat and just punching and kicking the shit outta everything and drinking constantly. enjoying it alot more than I thought I would desu

How about Arena?

Its really bad, so I don't think anyone is going to bother with it.

Only mods available at the moment are the ones hosted here:
forums.dfworkshop.net/viewforum.php?f=27