Super Mario Maker - Shill 'n' Chill

Share those courses you've been making anons!
Also remember to check out the masterlist for a bunch of courses made by Yea Forumstards

>masterlist
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rVkJg9O4tevTf_zOZBFWBkRDsONpLmjpqgKRNvYcLxo
>submission form
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_F2czkwgrdgD4JOqDHixDqAzn2Q1uRqMZcNkzQZnjeaCHmg/viewform

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_SuperMarioMaker2_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.red/Ofoz
youtube.com/watch?v=8sitnfrlvBA&list=PLGySxtojZxpOhvspeauL6ZV0O6xJNIdxA&index=11
youtube.com/watch?v=SRbhLtjOiRc
youtu.be/I7cpWv3_UH8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anchor

Attached: 1562494695927.png (800x1000, 993K)

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 467K)

GOOMBRAT'S CRUSH ON YOU
>goombrat has a little crush on you! but you don't exactly feel the same way back... let her down gently, user!
>short and sweet jungle night theme NSMBU
F0N-QD8-XLF

Attached: G0M210099211.jpg (869x919, 78K)

Oldest to Newest
Out of the Woods - Wario Land 3 (5CK-HMH-JBG) - A remake of the Wario Land 3 level in the SMB1 Jungle style. Make sure to collect all the red coins for a surprise.
Indiana Toad: Pyramid of Doom (5MY-P62-PBG) - A puzzle story based level starring Toad in a desert as he tries to stop Bowser from stealing ores for money.
Indiana Toad 2: Mechanical Mines (HDT-6LH-VPG) - A sequel to Indiana Toad that involves going underground to stop Bowser Jr's grandest plan yet! Red Coins are optional. (Puzzle/Standard Level)
Marioware Inc (Twisted is better but here it is anyways RSM-PSK-X3G) - A Warioware styled level full of minigames.
The Sorrowful Tale of Skipsqueak (9YR-80K-0RF) - A standard/autoscroller level that caused by your murder of the poor and innocent Skipsqueak. Make sure to go into the hidden door for a "bonus prize"
Toadette & The Time Pipe Machien (9FF-KWN-NSF) - Standard/Short level that involves traveling back in time to stop Bowser from ruining the future. (Example 1-1)
Luigi's Inferno (GY6-DX8-41G) - A boss rush level that invovles Goombas and P-Switches, Koopas and On/Off Switches and much more.
Indiana Toad 3: The Last Crusade (02X-NVL-8NG) -
Marioware: Twisted (The better of the two 40J-TKM-WLG) This is a more Warioware like level than the 1st one and has taken more advantage of the crazy stuff you can do in Mario Maker 2 much better.
*NEWEST LEVEL*
Luigi's Mansion: Phantom Pipes 3HV-QC4-YTF - After finding the main area of the mansion walk around the mansion to get items you'll need to advance in the mansion to stop King Boo once again. (1st time doing a level like this so if you play it please give detailed criticism)

Attached: TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.png (388x582, 389K)

FIRST EVER COURSE ALERT

TNF-W09-M4G

Cat Dive Fever
3D World level built around Cat dive and wall climbing. I tried to make it easy, pls no bully

Thank you to the anons who tried it and said nice things :)

Attached: 1562777593314.jpg (956x1280, 491K)

>let her down gently
>by repeatedly killing her

Like always, will play some Levels and drawing stuff for you guys.

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x646, 22K)

Guess we’re migrating then.

Ant Trooper Badlands Crawl
YJS-0CF-G7G
>This level is based around what I think is some fairly challenging platforming since that seems to be what 3D World is best for. I wish there was more to this level thematically but there isn’t a ton you can do to make levels pretty.
Ancient Whirlpool Temple
SJK-24J-SMG
>This isn’t too long a level since water levels in Mario tend to drag if they go on for too long. It’s all about using the whirlpools to dodge enemies in some cases, and avoiding them to avoid getting pushed into enemies or spikes in others.
Wigglerbush Garden Trek
BK5-0FJ-LFF
>This is a much more simple and casual stage than the past few stages I’ve created, and is the 1-2 of the campaign I’m cobbling together. I tried to use the NSMBU ground theme in a way that somewhat detracts from the generic feel of this theme in particular, so I went for a garden theme instead of a regular ground stage.

OLDER LEVELS
>Bowser’s Sky Thwomp Fortress!
BC2-G4S-TBG
>Desert Chomplex
F18-4VF-54G
>Overgrown Mushroom Cloudtops
9YP-PFS-6QF
>Dry Fish Sewers
FWH-10N-8WG
>Bounce and Swing Jungle
STM-RKD-M9G
>Dreamy Sandship Dunes
7N5-Y6V-1TG

Here’s a hard, but non bullshit level
Bob-ombs Spinning Stratosphere

RCM-S06-F5G

A challenging, but fair and not too long level based around spinning on Bob-ombs. To shake it up I made it a nighttime airship theme so the bob-ombs fall slowly.

Attached: C366C4BA-1EA9-43A8-A2B2-EB5549E9EC14.jpg (640x648, 65K)

Post interesting ideas for levels. I need inspiration.

Attached: 1560084767143.png (467x556, 239K)

shitting butt

underwater night 1 tile gap spike precision swimming with hammerbros

Does anyone know how to get a cannon to break? I’ve seen it in a level but can’t reproduce it.

I MAKE THE EASIEST LEVELS!
a shitty level I did on launch day: X16-FQF-10H

And a flappy bird clone, except a thousand times easier: TJM-RQ8-0PF

Would very much appreciate some feedback on my first level(s), both of which are short, ESPECIALLY the second one, which is just a playtest version

Galoomba Hills
58X-WVG-QLG
Easy Kaizo, hopefully doable blind.

Thwomp Swamp (test version)
CF5-7QP-CWG
Another easy Kaizo, only a single section, themed around thwomps. What I really would like feedback on is any cheesability in this level AND indicators. Was it unclear what to do? How could it be more clear?

btw both these levels are (pretty obviously) HEAVILY inspired by Super Quickie World, so if you're ever in doubt, just GOGOGO

do you as a general rule prefer coins or arrows as indicators?

Attached: steve.jpg (240x280, 18K)

Posting for those that missed it yesterday, I finished the sequel to Ice Wizard Castle. Thanks again to those that played yesterday, I'm glad most of you seem to have enjoyed it!

>Return to Ice Wizard Castle
TXW-QHT-8SF

And the original course for reference is "Ice Wizard Castle: CS8-47F-YTF

Attached: icec.png (922x582, 963K)

bathwater level - mario buys an ocean of gamer girl bathwater but bowser tries to take it for himself

>It's a snake block level

Attached: angerflip.gif (300x300, 313K)

One way is to put it over an on/off block, or a coin and hit a P-switch, I think

Moving level codes from the reject thread

FIRST EVER COURSE ALERT

TNF-W09-M4G

Cat Dive Fever
3D World level built around Cat dive and wall climbing. I tried to make it easy, pls no bully

(Oldest to Newest)
Out of the Woods - Wario Land 3 (5CK-HMH-JBG) - A remake of the Wario Land 3 level in the SMB1 Jungle style. Make sure to collect all the red coins for a surprise.
Indiana Toad: Pyramid of Doom (5MY-P62-PBG) - A puzzle story based level starring Toad in a desert as he tries to stop Bowser from stealing ores for money.
Indiana Toad 2: Mechanical Mines (HDT-6LH-VPG) - A sequel to Indiana Toad that involves going underground to stop Bowser Jr's grandest plan yet! Red Coins are optional. (Puzzle/Standard Level)
Marioware Inc (Twisted is better but here it is anyways RSM-PSK-X3G) - A Warioware styled level full of minigames.
The Sorrowful Tale of Skipsqueak (9YR-80K-0RF) - A standard/autoscroller level that caused by your murder of the poor and innocent Skipsqueak. Make sure to go into the hidden door for a "bonus prize"
Toadette & The Time Pipe Machien (9FF-KWN-NSF) - Standard/Short level that involves traveling back in time to stop Bowser from ruining the future. (Example 1-1)
Luigi's Inferno (GY6-DX8-41G) - A boss rush level that invovles Goombas and P-Switches, Koopas and On/Off Switches and much more.
Indiana Toad 3: The Last Crusade (02X-NVL-8NG) -
Marioware: Twisted (The better of the two 40J-TKM-WLG) This is a more Warioware like level than the 1st one and has taken more advantage of the crazy stuff you can do in Mario Maker 2 much better.
*NEWEST LEVEL*
Luigi's Mansion: Phantom Pipes 3HV-QC4-YTF - After finding the main area of the mansion walk around the mansion to get items you'll need to advance in the mansion to stop King Boo once again. (1st time doing a level like this so if you play it please give detailed criticism)

but when can I date her

Posting it again
FVH-1DY-0SF

Time for some more shilling! Here's my levels in 2 categories, ranked from best to worst in my opinion.

Traditional:
Icy Ascent: MCN-NJ7-RWG
Grindflower Garden: K5R-72N-GMG
Snow Fields, Fire Plants - PTD-3KL-6WF
Toxic Treeway: YF8-32R-SGF

Gimmick:
Long Chomp Romp: DXS-HFH-KFF
Thwomp Desert - 7NT-PHW-3DG
Uno Mas: Freeze!: QCK-7Q9-CLG
Spooky Scrolling: KCG-5N2-0RG

Anyways, who else will literally never again use 3D World because of how limited it is?

Attached: Nut.png (680x674, 257K)

YXJ-MXM-03G
Updated my first course

More migration posts

yeah alright

Any and all feedback is appreciated, don’t hold back if there’s something wrong with a level.

Ant Trooper Badlands Crawl
YJS-0CF-G7G
>This level is based around what I think is some fairly challenging platforming since that seems to be what 3D World is best for. I wish there was more to this level thematically but there isn’t a ton you can do to make levels pretty.
Ancient Whirlpool Temple
SJK-24J-SMG
>This isn’t too long a level since water levels in Mario tend to drag if they go on for too long. It’s all about using the whirlpools to dodge enemies in some cases, and avoiding them to avoid getting pushed into enemies or spikes in others.
Wigglerbush Garden Trek
BK5-0FJ-LFF
>This is a much more simple and casual stage than the past few stages I’ve created, and is the 1-2 of the campaign I’m cobbling together. I tried to use the NSMBU ground theme in a way that somewhat detracts from the generic feel of this theme in particular, so I went for a garden theme instead of a regular ground stage.

OLDER LEVELS
>Bowser’s Sky Thwomp Fortress!
BC2-G4S-TBG
>Desert Chomplex
F18-4VF-54G
>Overgrown Mushroom Cloudtops
9YP-PFS-6QF
>Dry Fish Sewers
FWH-10N-8WG
>Bounce and Swing Jungle
STM-RKD-M9G
>Dreamy Sandship Dunes
7N5-Y6V-1TG

I MAKE THE EASIEST LEVELS!!
a shitty level I did on launch day: X16-FQF-10H

And a flappy bird clone, except a thousand times easier: TJM-RQ8-0PF

I fucking hate Kaizo levels lol

might do this one

I’ve been making 1 screen levels.
>Chomp Challenge
1J7-07L-CJG
>Bomb Canyon
RPL-WYR-42H

Attack on Snowman Sanctuary!"
9RB-17C-LKF
A fire and ice themed level where you have to defend the snowmen from Bowser jr. and his army of flames. Starts out like a basic level in the first half, turns into a boss rush in the second half.

"Journey to the Cave of Wonders!"
DQ9-K7L-JLF
A stage that mostly revolves around gold and lava, your goal is to find the Genie's Lamp.

"Ting-Tang Toystore":
3B5-CNQ-LYG
A basic level I made as a test run, relies on mostly sliding and bouncing on enemies to get through the toyland.

Any kind of feedback on any of these levels would very much be appreciated

Attached: 1563063787421.jpg (202x276, 19K)

No offense but maybe don't post all of your 15 stages in one go. Post some recent ones or the ones you want people to play right now.

webm.red/Ofoz

banned level

Attached: ww.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Shilling my shit again since I caught the last thread late

>NEW: Hammerspace
5SV-SRL-KMG
A level demonstrating some things you can do with the Hammer powerup. Also has an optional challenge for some lives that I deemed too finicky for the main path.
>Seesew Sawer
BPF-WKJ-VVF
A level based on weighing down seesaws and SMB1 enemies. My most popular level.
>Cut Man Stage
JVX-LWB-8DF
A recreation of Cut Man from Mega Man's stage. It isn't perfect but I think I did a nice job getting it to look as similar to the original as possible.
>Shroom Swinger
RXP-RF9-TYF
Based on NSMB mushroom levels and uses lots of swinging claws.
>Downward Clownworld
RQ0-69H-W1H
Uses some interesting 3D World exclusive elements. It's a decent enough stage for being the first I made.

Attached: point.png (617x600, 231K)

I completely fucked up and double-posted but I think I was able to delete them both; if not, sorry for accidental spam. Taking my sweet ass time making new levels, in the meantime I'll be playing a bunch of others'

>Spiny Sands (NEWEST)
4QP-GY9-5CG
>Floaty Fortress (BEST)
RVN-YBQ-2QG
>Shmup Bros. series (multiplayer friendly)
NWC-L96-RWF
0DR-KYK-BGF

Pocket Bomberman themed levels

Area 1 Forest:
TN9-RMW-FRG

Area 1 Ocean:
TVB-6F0-LVG

and the new one

Area 1: Wind
3H6-XRV-RHF

Attached: 0oo.png (582x372, 379K)

You guys want some hard courses that aren't kaizo, here ya go, all Japanese.

9FW-D58-0NG
I'm the only guy to beat this as of now. I'm sure the course can be beat under two minutes, but I don't know if I'm ready to work myself up over it just yet.

575-483-06G
Here's a quick fun one that'll test your ability to make long jumps. Five red coins. Just shattered my own record of 39 seconds flat and brought it all the way down to 24s. Should be possible to do it under 23s.

W0G-T4P-MGG
You won't die in this one like the other three, not nearly as much. The frustration comes from tryin to quickly scale up a HUGE vertical sub-area with claws. A complete numb-thumb course.

わくわく! ドキドキ! パックンとロンの大洞窟!, EN- Thrilling! Dangerous! The Great Piranha Plant and Dry-Bones Cavern!: Y9L-549-J3G
Took me an hour and 126 lives to beat this one. The only other guy that beat it said it took him five hours. But the course can be done under two minutes. You wanna join this tiny club, you're welcome to try. Hope you're good at little jumps.

Wasn't payin attention to the fact the other thread was almost dead, sorry for the double post.

Attached: HYUUUUUGGGGH.gif (287x216, 554K)

BRAND NEW LEVEL DROPPING

THE LEGEND OF ICE-COLD KEEP
C72-YPY-RHF
PUZZLE / THEMED

>Ancient stories speak of a lost power, a weapon once common in a distant land, forgotten to the sands of time. The legends say that this power can still be found in a fortress-prison, built to contain a vengeful monster.
>Are they just stories, or is there truth to the tales?

My first attempt a Metroidvania Mario level, as much as is possible, with inter-linked routes that can be tackled in various orders. You don't have to complete every area to progress to the "boss fight" puzzle, but you must collect at least one key. One key is hidden in the dungeon, another in a high tower, and a third can be reclaimed from the two red coins, hidden high and low.
I have high hopes for Yea Forums to be able to clear this level, but it's not an auto level and it doesn't have any memes, so I'm not sure.

PROTIPS
Use the checkpoints as save stations when you've found a coin or a key.

PREVIOUS LEVEL

>Disaster!
>Mario receives a panicked call for help from the Mushroom Kingdom Mining Corporation, a cave-in has blocked the entrance to the mine. No-one is sure how many Toads are trapped inside, or how the cave-in happened. The workers on the surface don't seem to want to talk much about their work. Just what do they mine here anyway, and could it be linked to the Mushroom Kingdom's other Government-owned corporation, Regal Fungal Protein Products?
SOFT-LOCK WARNING: Don't jump on the first conveyor belt until you're sure what you're doing...

>linking to the previous anchor

Attached: 112.png (400x332, 147K)

Can we all agree to have a max limit of 3 courses we each post per thread? The multiple walls of level codes is getting longer each thread and I don't think anyone types in each one individually anyway - you play and if you like it you follow the creator/browse their old stuff.

Attached: Sluig.jpg (400x400, 22K)

I agree with this. The posts are getting ridiculously big.

>it’s a “””Mario kart””” level

Attached: 876B6A54-3389-4D0F-9D23-A08876056932.gif (300x225, 1.29M)

Reposting since it was fresh at the end of the last thread:

Frozen Depths, a dark underwater level with an ice theme. Might do a sequel if this one gets enough positive feedback.

R5N-2XS-PMF

this. people with massive lists are usually shit too.

>Luigi's Mansion: Phantom Pipes
Good level overall but the blind jumps in the night sections suck.

I linked 4 just because 2 of them were directly related, but I kinda agree these walls of texts and massive lists are getting out of hand

CYY-324-NDF - Pachinko!

How many shells did it take for you to complete it?

IMO just ignore the longer posts if you don't like them. As a player I like when people post a bunch with different descriptions because then I can choose which one sounds fun to me.

But as an uploader if you're looking for feedback yeah you should just upload the two or three you most want feedback on.

Glowing Ghost House- HCR-7CS-Y4G

C'mon, I'm sure someone can beat this level under 4:43. I know it's hard, but once you get that rhythm, it'll be easier.

Attached: Glowing Ghost House Piece.png (698x238, 244K)

>tfw only one level user was right

Attached: 1517020034453.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

The Boo button was more powerful than anyone could have anticipated

Got the P-Switch one to work. Thanks!

Clear this level and i'll play all of yours.

Merry Maze of Eternal Happiness
P69-6PY-66G

No kaizo tricks required, all puzzles are about using the right items in the right locations.

Attached: milksilk.jpg (446x648, 37K)

>complete a very hard level with 0% completion rate
>creator does WR and like all my courses
based

Galoomba level user here, I really really enjoyed this level (I told you last thread but I think it was towards the end of the thread)

loading this up now

>seriously responding to spam

Do you like squids?
Well, they don't like you. In fact, they are polluting the whole place and all you can do now is jump on their heads to get the hell out of there.

Hard-ish airship night course, has checkpoints though - and also a janky mini boss in the middle.

MY7-39Y-LRF

Attached: 322d01d013c75f7bb.jpg (600x1071, 82K)

Once you guys are done with the basic layout of your level, what do you do when adding the final touches to make it visually appealing? What goes into choosing the best thumbnail for your level?

well, it got your attention

RE-ATTACHING ANCHOR

Snekky sneks

HW7-710-CKF

Not for the faint-hearted.

I usually try to find a spot that shows off what the level is about. Sometimes it doesn't quite work out and I'll make some pixel art somewhere far away just for the thumbnail.

BASED AND CUTE

Favorite creators

I’d be willing to, sure.

Forgot to anchor because I'm dumb like that
Oh hey thanks for the kind words, user.

>placing a vine so you can deliberately slow the player down when they're trying to swim up and away from something
Don't do that

>Chillshroom Heights

K8Y-HW4-5GF

A fairly easy SMB3 snow stage, can you find all the little secrets?

what happened? yesterday there were tons of posts in the thread and today the shit thread is dead

Title: Hot rodz
PSX-5VH-6KG

First classic level. Let me know what you guys think

I usually try to show the busiest part of my level. I used to make the mistake of just uploading without even thinking of what will be shown. Definitely don't want to take a picture of some empty part of the stage that has nothing in it.

>Come up with fun idea
>build 1 or 2 sections around the idea
>works out well enough
>rest of the level is empty
>can't come up with anything good for empty space
>place some tracks with some shit on them I guess or maybe a platforming section
>finish the level
>realize it's more padding than actual content
>don't upload
>been doing this for days now

How do I build levels aside from the 10 seconds I got an actual idea for?

What are you talking about? We literally just got a new thread

new thread like 10 minutes ago

Alright, first level I've made, you need to collect 80+ coins to win, and there are more than enough of them, just some aren't so easy to get. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

332-HVW-WBG

Standard levels:

Starfall Plains
845-PDG-DPF
It's the apocalypse and you need to find a shelter with supplies. The level has a cool meteor shower effect.

Trick Track Tundra
LYF-NDK-1SG
A level that uses tracks in a clever way to create unique obstacles

Mini challenges:

Doors of Time
M7Q-SYY-P1H
Use magic doors to turn back time and carry a bomb through the entire stage.

Firefighter
MDG-TBF-XQF
Use a shellmet and the tailspin to destroy flames.

Memes:

THE GRAND PLOW OF GREAT JUSTICE
RSR-PCY-HDG
Mario has had enough and decides to enact the final solution.

Desert God's Ritual
VFF-HHK-RRF
Sacrifice your life to the desert god.

Attached: apocalypsenow.jpg (512x673, 249K)

does this thread look at all dead to you?

Title: Snowy Speedrun
W78-V1R-82G

A quick and fun speedrun. Just slide and jump your way to the end.

Mario gets a call about a broken furnace. Get down there and see what you can do about it.

W2M-FM8-GPG

You would think more people would know better than to wander into an active furnace. Don't do that.

Attached: more like funace.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

I mean, you could try and repeat that idea throughout the level and just increase the difficulty. I've heard some people do that. It doesn't have to be super long. Even just a minute is enough for most players.

I think they're often pretty good, my concern is more thread variety. It can get stale when I have to scroll through the full library of 20 of the same anons every thread. Much more fun to have something new or specific be advertised/talked about.

Totally get that and I don't think it needs to be a hard rule if it makes sense to post more based on context, just a rule of thumb

Interesting perspective, hadn't thought of that. But maybe the Masterlist is more the place for that kind of browsing.

Is this a good game to get if you're burned out on open world games, create your own fun games (Total war, Stellaris, etc) and just want some mindless total gameplay? No cutscenes, no rpg elements, no levelling up, no deciding what to do next. Just pure mindless gameplay

Can someone explain how maker points even work?

What makes them go up or down

yes

absolutely

Are you a rad enough dude to beat my boss rush level? please play it :(
>The Mad King's Court
710-PK3-91G

Attached: 1468970451313.jpg (480x360, 21K)

>take what you made for the first 2 sections and expand upon it (add something new into the mix, use the same mechanic/enemy in a new way)
>make each section longer and more difficult
>have a final third section that incorporates ideas from the first 2 sections as a sort of test
And there's nothing wrong with uploading a level that doesn't take 3+ minutes to complete, short and sweet ones are fun in their own right

nobody really knows for sure. Like smake them go up, Boos make them go down, but by what amount and what other things affect maker points is anyone's guess.

If someone boos your course, you lose maker points
If someone likes your course, you gain maker points.
If your course has already become very popular each additional like will give you less maker score than if it was a fresh or almost unplayed course

not bad. was hard but didn't piss me off

I can't get my 3d world level to do the thing where the screen is locked and scrolls as you break blocks. . How do I fix this guys? Also have a Nintendo Power tier spoiler if you can help me. (Or not I can't stop you) The crazy thing is it was working before.

Attached: 20190716_181559-1.jpg (2987x1674, 2.77M)

you need a solid vertical line of groundblocks and/or hardblocks.

>forgot to actually spoiler image
Oops

Been having that problem too, I came up with a pretty cool shortcut in my level and then the content you're actually skipping by taking it is just an afterthought.

Also question can sub areas have a different theme? I'm not sure what my options actually are I'm still working on my first level.

My policy is usually if a level of mine is older than a few days, or a week, I stop posting it. I make a couple of new courses every week so I don't really feel like posting all of them every day. As of now I'm just posting the latest one because I got tired of manually typing out the descriptions, codes and titles.

T2B-VN2-WLF. It's a night themed airship SMW level with autoscroll. First section is day, and has a rising and falling autoscroll.

Yes sub areas can be anything (same game mode though obviously, no going from SMW to SM3DW)

>playing a popular level
>use Exit Course instead of touching the flagpole

Attached: Capture.png (957x957, 991K)

3RS-9BN-2YF Escape the Ant Farm

I made the biggest stage possible, and used all the pipes, doors, teleporting blocks, and red coins. It's not kaizo hard, I designed it so you can't get trapped anywhere, but it's designed to be confusing. I managed to upload it without using a map just before time ran out.

>want to make some legitimately harmless shitpost levels
>don't want to hurt my maker score

Attached: 1559032302975.png (578x878, 307K)

as other anons said, iterate on the idea with some more challenging versions, maybe even a variation that subverts expectations and turns the idea on its head if it's possible. There's nothing wrong with it being a short course in the end either, in fact I'd argue it's a good thing - too many people try to make their levels really long gauntlets of all sorts of shit and include every idea they have into them; a minute or so is the average clear time you should strive for in most circumstances, actual mario levels are short as fuck.

Please try my latest stage:

The Lost Jungle - RYJ-09Y-KHG

A classic SMB1 stage themed after an adventure for the hidden fortress! If everything goes right, I should create the sequel in a few days. (Protip: Find the hidden blocks)

Also do try:

The Piranha Field - 95K-1HW-2MF

A classic SM3 experience. My first stage was designed to be as vanilla as possible.

The Quest for Immortality - QWH-G4H-8HG

A very tough auto-scroll for men and manly girls only. Save the day by reaching the heavens themselves in search for the ultimate power to destroy Bowser.

Attached: 1230530092140.jpg (600x796, 73K)

Embrace it. I've got a few levels up that are like that and I know are detrimental to my maker score rather than beneficial, but whatever man.

>A classic SM3 experience. My first stage was designed to be as vanilla as possible.
Does that mean the level is only 20 seconds long with minimal platforming?

*as possible*

Attached: 1220324116397.jpg (800x800, 165K)

What I described is well within the realm of possibility.

Underwater 30s speedrun, super hard don't even attempt unless you're a kaizo god

9ST-LNV-WPG

Yes, it is. Losing my virginity is also within the real of possibility, but you don't see me losing my wizard powers.

If you get laid after you attain Wizardom, you still lose your powers?
Fuck that life

Again, the level was described "as vanilla as possible". Which means it is already that. A 20 second SMB3 level is as vanilla as you can get. If it's not that, then it's not as vanilla as possible.

That's not what *as possible* means.

Whatever you say, anal-kun ;)

Fine, I'll change the description. Jeez.

P-please play my level and tell me what you think of it and what I should change to make it better. It's a short level about dodging P-blocks.

RRT-4SR-Y2G

Attached: 7dec2b980b00d1cf766eac53bfdb80e9.jpg (4800x3000, 909K)

>Classic rainforest
(PKL-B47-6RG)

>If 3DWorld had a 2D castle level
(KT9-HD8-8XF)

>The pyramid of Tutankhoopa
(Y7H-SGH-X3G)

>Infested sewers
(LTP-CRG-55G)

>A Song Of Ice And Fire
(JLQ-1ML-NMG)

>aMAZEing TREASURE HaUNTed house
(1S1-HP4-7HG)

>The UpsideDown
(H37-MSD-8RG)

>Underwater volcano (normal?)
(CRX-S4L-L7G)

hard version of Underwater volcano is almost online

Does anyone know why sometimes the Like/Boo buttons are grayed out? Sometimes I can Like/Boo a course in the middle of playing it and sometimes I can't until I clear it.

Promyvion - Mush v2 (168-K2G-KJF)
>Journey across a mysterious realm where fragmented creatures come to life, where even the land itself is after you
>Inspired by FFXI Online
>Two secret shortcuts, One Custom Boss
>Fairly long, but checkpoints included to ensure quality of life experience.

Attached: Promyvion ffxi.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

>want to make a jump hard by lowering the ceiling
>notice how bonking the ceiling doesn't kill your momentum in smm2
>the only way to do anything about this would be ceiling spikes
>but spikes are ugly
I don't even know anymore. I just want to force jumps where you can't just hold jump all the way through.

Made the same level twice:

Curse of the Abyss:
Y8J G7C 2QF
Very hard but fun level in my opinion. You can't touch the ground. I'm guessing it'll have a ~1% clear rate

Exploring the Abyss:
5S4-32B-5XG
Level made using the same layout as the last one, but dumbed down. No clear conditions on this one, currently sitting at 20% clear rate. Made for people who give up on the other one and want to roughly check out the stage.

Please chek them out. At least the very first one needs someone to play it and like it for the first time.

You have to finish it, die or restart once before you can

The Yoshi Slaughterhouse
>5XB-K6C-NVF
Get to the end by sacrificing your comrades. Intermediate to expert difficulty.

(New) A Lift to the Abandoned Mine
>FLW-CMB-R7G
A level based around flimsy lifts. Intermediate difficulty.

Just finished your level (I'm >470637837, not >>'ing myself to keep the post clear for feedback)

Fun and fair, my only notes are that the flying P-switches are very easy to avoid just by waiting them out, and the final part right before the flag you can just jump for rather than waiting for the p-switch to cycle off and making the drop.

I legitimately do not understand the hype for this "game", it's just a mindless sandbox of people posting their levels like gmod, why would you prefer this silly unbalanced crap compared to an actual mario game with real level design made by Koizumi?

I think you might be retarded if you can't see the appeal

I made a level where I did that 2 ways. One was that I put a bridge that was just high enough that if you did anything less than the minimum jump you would go higher than the bridge, forcing you to start the jump over. Alternatively, I also made a more deadly version with red/blue blocks where if you jumped too high you would hit the red/blue toggle block and munchers would rain on you until you died ;)

Because some people make some legitimately good, challenging levels, and it's fun to make your own. Actually I find the most fun creating my own shit. No one is saying we're Koizumi or Miyamoto. Nothing can compared to the polish of their games, but it's fun to actually make the courses of your dreams and play others. If you can't understand that then that's fine. Not everyone is going to.

You're one sadistic son of a bitch

>Hurr durr you mean you guys play things made by other people instead of wasting 60$ for laughably easy levels?

if you play it please leave some feedback

>(New) A Lift to the Abandoned Mine
Fun course, a lot of creative variations on a consistent theme which I liked. Good use of coins to guide and enemy placement.

Only complaint is I sunk a bunch of lives in the "drop the twisty" section before I understood what the intention was there. I had made my way up by wall jumping before so I didn't get the example. Hard to work around that in MarioU though since wall jumping is OP

Mario just gets crushed when you dive through the Thwomps

Alright you monster I played the yoshi slaughterhouse. Take your star and think about what you've done. Fun level, allah forgive me for saying so.

(I'm >470637837, not >>'ing myself to keep the post clear for feedback)

Added the hard version.
>Underwater volcano: death castle
(HWY-XLQ-YKG)

Why does each creator have so many levels on the masterlist?

?

Collect-A-Thon

Attached: CBA127E1-498E-4E1C-948B-077D65D50DCB.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

I don't understand the first switch part. It seems like you can get a bad enemy cycle that makes the part impossible if you're either to fast or too slow.

Toad's Discount Ski Resort
9R2-K95-1CG

Skeeball!
L9Y-C78-51G

Super Skull Highway
SNT-907-CSG

Always try to like/play the levels of anyone who plays mine

OK shilling time

Bombs Away with Dry Battalion: TJC-19X-FNF
An airship level based on tricky jumps landing in and jumping from parachuting Dry Bones shells. Pretty difficult, but definitely doable. New stage, with 0/82 clear rate so it's definitely Super Expert type stuff I imagine. Would really appreciate some feedback on it even if you don't complete it.

Toxin Trouble in Pipe World: VPF-5Y6-KKF
Short level using Dry Bones Shells and Parabeetles to get over a toxic swamp

Superball Sky Assault: BFH-V1W-KQF
autoscroller shmup stage where you use the Superball to progress

Fright Factory: YKN-X05-G6G
Puzzle challenge stage using on-off blocks and conveyor belts

A Matter of Life and Death: PPS-21N-JSG
simple sidescroller stage about switching between a normal world and a dead world

Frozen Ruins in the Dry Desert: KPF-NHH_FFG
Basic sidescroller stage with an expert route

Literally got a bronze medal for all time maker points. Feels based.

>making screenshots with a cellphone

Attached: jontron face.gif (278x293, 2.48M)

I mean
I’m visiting my mom during her chemo treatment
I don’t want your pity but think before you speak

How many points do you need to get that? Jesus Christ I've been grinding out for what feels like ages.

MYY-SXL-R5G
don't touch the ground after jumping level, pretty short

Hoping to get my dark water level out tonight and then just play some courses from the thread. Anyway, I have seven stages. Here are three:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

The Fall of K-2L
WMJ-T66-41G
A level themed after the Space Pirate raid of Samus Aran's mining home colony.

Made two quirky stages. They're not difficult per say, but they're different from what you're used to from a Mario game. Let me know if you play any of mine and I'll play/like your stages as well!

The first one, is trial by fire (9V0-W5H-5JF) in which you need to complete two parts of a level relying on the machines installed on Bowser's castle.

The seconds one is a bit more wacky/memey stage. It's a race through the skies amongst a barrage of enemies. I can see how this one might be a bit broken, but I welcome any and all tips. The course id is (R9B-XN8-MDF).

Attached: 1560732684411.jpg (864x486, 46K)

So what do you think?

Also, just my luck, found three good ones in Hot Courses

>3-2 Sky amusement park: TB6-DCQ-68Q
SMB style, get 250 coins, not as bad as it sounds, very easy.

>Fire-Piranha Labs: GFD-H6S-CWF
SMB 3 style, this one's pretty straight forward until the clusterfuck of a piranha ambush at the end, level feels half-baked, there could have been more to it, the middle feels like filler for somethin that could have been better.

>Inside a spooky monster tree...: XLM-RXF-L4G
SMB style, mowed down the record by 50 seconds down to 1:35. I'm certain a 1:30 is possible. The theming's fantastic.

Attached: YAAA-HOO!.gif (500x512, 182K)

>Excavation is a banned word
nani

>Soles of the Departed
Fun first half, spammy second half.
(I'm >470637837, not >>'ing myself to keep the post clear for feedback)

>Using a reaction image of an ugly youtube babysitter and expected to be taken seriously

Sorry, not really a fan of dark levels, especially not combined with red coins. I got all them once and then there was no checkpoint and it was too tedious to do all over again.

That just makes you even more retarded. How did you think this would make you look any better.

Crystal Castle: My newest course in which you travel through icy plains to reach a castle that houses 4 challenges for you to overcome. Can you beat the Crystal Castle and prove your worth?

MW0-DH3-4BG

And please try Tower of Trials if you haven't:

TFF-3Y7-1RG

15 trials in a tower that stretches to the sky. This one took me a while to make, see if you can beat it. It's my other level that people have really liked so far. I consider it my best so far and therefore difficult to top. I just want to make better and better courses but fear I may hit my limit.

Anyway as always i'm reading this thread for new levels to try, thanks!

Attached: D_okAvoU4AArMfG.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

10/10 visuals and I like the overall flow but you have a soft-lock problem. I got locked right at the beginning in the mushroom path, then again right as I was about done when I got too close to the end flag and seemed to be stuck there.

Might benefit from lowering the coin requirement and doing some more testing to make sure there are no softlock zones.

Ah man, you missed the checkpoint? It's right next to that POW block when you go down into the sub-area. Also if you need more visibility, enter the green door at the bottom left, a super star will light up the entire room.

If you are not a child and actually enjoy lengthy courses which require actual effort: 46C-7SV-6LF

If you are a dumb baby: PDJ-BQ5-C5G

Yoshi Slaughterhouse was good and tough. Hopefully it doesn't get deleted because Nintendo gets butthurt about it.

A Lift to the Abandoned Mine is really fun and I was worried it was going to be too short but it was difficult enough that that wasn't a concern. Great job.

Is there a word before it that ends with S? Nintendo bans bad words even with a space inbetween

mario'S EXcavation would be banned, yoSHI To the rescue is also banned. It's really dumb

Made the same level twice:

Curse of the Abyss:
Y8J G7C 2QF
Very hard but fun level in my opinion. You can't touch the ground. I'm guessing it'll have a ~1% clear rate

Exploring the Abyss:
5S4-32B-5XG
Level made using the same layout as the last one, but dumbed down. No clear conditions on this one, currently sitting at 20% clear rate. Made for people who give up on the other one and want to roughly check out the stage.

Please check them out and leave your thoughts here. Thank you

As the creator, I agree. Each passing day, I like my previous levels less. Trying to learn from that. I'll give your levels a try in a bit. Have to get my kid to sleep.

Man you got no idea how relieved I am my record still stands for your fuckin tower course. It's excellent design, but man, I gotta mentally prepare myself if I'm gonna try and knock the record down closer to five minutes.

I mean, there was no indicator. I went back and got the checkpoint but the next area just seemed super spammy. Not to my taste.

Bit Crusade 3 is an adventure series of Mario levels that play in the traditional sense (scaling difficulty, hidden rooms and level theming). So if you like traditional Mario stages you’ll probably like these. The “game” will eventually utilize all 5 styles so there’s a little something for everyone. Every stage has five red coins hidden within that unlock a super bonus room at the end.

Starting point is here:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Most recent stage:
2-4: Koopa Bros. Unite! 1VQ-3SK-FVF

Fight The Koopa cousins in their tower of power and mangle their malicious machines!

Feedback is appreciated and returned. If you got a really good level I’ll likely make a short webm of it to showcase it. If you decide to take the plunge and play them I hope you enjoy them.

Should be out of work soon, when I get home I’mma tear through this thread

Attached: 9C7D2E43-B16A-4982-A3B4-02E7143074E0.jpg (2336x2888, 523K)

Just be careful and remember not to look one direction for too long, if you're takin it slow you can absolutely do the boo sub-area. I believe in you, man.

***NEW LEVEL***
>Luigi's Spooky Jungle Fun Time
56T-N91-JVG

Older levels:
>Basically The Plot Of Space Jam
BTM-JG6-12G
>Mario Crawls Inside Dead Turtles
G54-KGR-Y1H
>Stay Frosty
X0N-XB2-NCG
>Buzzy Beetle Rescue
2H2-S03-30H
Pretty fun, I liked it.
Played CandyLand, pretty cool design.
>Ancient Whirlpool Temple
Cool idea, played the ant one before, too, and it was good.
Couldn't make it all the way though, sorry. Way too tricky for me, dude.

Attached: 2019071619450601-BF19FBEA37724338D87F26F17A3B97B2.webm (640x360, 2.82M)

Played my levels homies. Try it Out.

Beyond Goomba Burger - HW3-F5N-72G

Crush big goombas and turn them into alternative meat products

Treasures of the Depths - 5X4-N3N-DJG

Marios sub crashed, go collect treasure and escape the underwater caves

Attached: Beyond Goomba Burger.jpg (2560x1440, 996K)

Name: Bullet Billy's Thunderdome

Level ID: F61-1HN-7FG

Difficulty: Super Expert

Bullet hell followed by lava timed platforming.

Thank you space jam guy!

Oh hey user, I'm glad to see you're still here in these threads. Yeah your record is still there man, it makes me happy to see you're still at it. I haven't made levels in a while because I wanted that fuckin royal attire but I got to 3750 before I decided making levels is more fun than playing shitty ones so I'm back to making stuff. If I ever get that damn crown it'll probably be from weekly maker points

>being this mad

lmfao

>he posts his course more than once

I don't know if anyone cares but did you guys hear about GrandPOOBear's most popular stage getting deleted for no reason? They randomly deleted all of his stages back in the original Mario Maker for no reason as well. Is Nintendo just fucking him on purpose or is he faking this?

My stages

My first one is a multiplayer based on smash; I really couldn't think of a good one.
6FQ-C4AP-YMF

Second level is similar as the first but a single player multi man melee using the goombrats
JOP-9FS-LNG

My third level is a simple level where you swim tried to make a Jaws-like level with suspense
S0R-3Y8-52H

My fourth level is a sky battle where you fly around and destroy other ships culminating in a final battle against bowser and bowser jr there is a way to defeat bowser without fireing a shot
V72-C3Y-7LG

Two new courses that are basically the same but one is objective based while the other is not.
Obstacle course
WCJ-FWB-PGG
Oobstacle course with checkpoint
PN8-0GS-GRF
Would like feed back on the obstacle course because it feels like it might've been too hard....idk

I think it would help if Crystal Castle had more powerups on the inside. You seem to really hand them out freely on the outside, when there isn't much of a need, but when you go so long without a checkpoint, doing everything small can be a little frustrating, only to go back and lose all of your key coins.

Good stuff bro

Toad's Discount Ski Resort was fun but short, but it's a speedrun so I guess I get it. I'd like to see an expansion of the idea.

Skeeball! was a cool idea, but you should either make the entrance below the springs taller or not make it possible to be Super Mario.

Super Skull Highway is fun and I don't really have any feedback on it.

sorry, why would you make a red coin level if you have to one-shot it anyway? Do red coin checkpoints not work in SMM2?

since you are probably still lurking here
Now only 2 people have actually beaten it

Attached: IMG_20190716_190505.jpg (4160x3120, 3.65M)

question. when you make levels do you try to make them vanilla as possible as if Nintendo made the levels? or do you try to make wacky/gimmicky levels?

I make easy Kaizo levels, but I try to keep them somewhat grounded (I'm >470637837, not >>'ing myself to keep the post clear for feedback)

First course I made
3FK-4D4-SVF

has trampolines and thwomps. made it to be an expert level

also didnt know how to phrase the question so sorry if this sounds kinda vague or not right

Wacky, but there are definitely people who prefer playing more vanilla levels. Gimmicky levels tend to only be playable for one person, so when I'm looking for levels to play locally with friends I'll look for vanilla ones

Well, regarding the levels I like to make, I try to capture as much of that Nintendo escence as I possibly can

eyy I made a spring/thwomp level, too, it's very short (I'm >470637837, not >>'ing myself to keep the post clear for feedback), just loaded up your level

Haven't played the original, what determines a course being Easy to Super Expert?

Made another one screen level
>CYK-7YM-D5G
Its pretty short.

Have you never been part of a community? lol. Jesus, sometimes I forget the “loser” vibe here isn’t always a meme.

probably the clear rate (percentage of attempts that clear the level)

I don’t skip mechanics, but I will try to give a level atmosphere when I can.

>Snowpeak Clamber: 0S3-XM2-GFF

Another night themed ice course in the SMB style, this time with icicles and on/off switches. Did this big motherfucker on one life and slashed the record from 6:43 down to 3:39. Probably coulda been 3:37 but I was so panicky and not wantin to jump into an icicle if there was one right by the goalpost.

Attached: DO THE MARIO.gif (140x260, 233K)

I make vanilla levels in the sense that they are based around a few elements, and have ideas that are combinations of those elements.

This is the most fun for me since it allows my level to thematic but varied, and let's the creative juices flowing.

I would say the closest to a Nintendo game would be Dong Tropical Freeze

How badly it is designed.

Expert in SMM really means "shit level".

Yeah, you could wait the p blocks out but then you won't be getting it done fast and if you're going for WRs in the courses you play you wont get it. Thanks for the feedback!

based maturedposter

Usually the former but sometimes will experiment with the latter

I saw my wife get stuck there too

I wanted to make a level that you couldn’t possibly lose on

Guess I missed a few areas.

Thanks for the Criticism and I’ll make changes when I get home :D

Taking this down. Somebody found a stupid soft lock that you have to go out of your way to get

I just skip every post with more than 1 level.

Fine, here's my latest stage: R9B-XN8-MDF. I'll just post the most current one from now on to avoid clutter.

Attached: 1560382446259.jpg (1467x1200, 142K)

Well I have no experience with kaizo stuff, so the first is out of my league, but the tiny little glimpse the second one gives indicates a potentially very satisfying level that I'd love to play repeatedly and perfect. I'd like to say more about the first, but I guess I have to get gud first.

Trial by Fire was okay design-wise, but had some aesthetic issues (like that exit pipe connected to nothing)

your second stage really falls apart after the checkpoint, though.

145-NSD-6TF
I tried really hard. I hope it isn't too hard for people.

Attached: 1553712671105.jpg (640x360, 28K)

Oof, that double spring setup is really janky, also the indicators are just not very good at all.

>Let's Shellebrate 2.0
HM3-KNR-YXG

Attached: 1378974208447.jpg (1280x1681, 380K)

Title: One-sided abusive relationship
9DW-JMH-R7G

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Did you beat the thwomp level? Where did you make it to in the galoomba one?

fucking kek

Alright, I got it. Just had to find a way to consistently do the double spring thing. Try my thwomp level, I think you'll like it.

lmfao

ill check it out. ill be busy and wont be able to comment back on this thread but ill def play it dood.

I like it, it's well-design and difficult, but not overly so.

I WANT TO GET OFF DRY BONES' WILD RIDE
>CHG-7NM-KNF

Superball Sundae:
>PJJ-T8V-5XG
A series of challenges based around the Superball powerup. Tried to make each as different as I could.

Both of the above are pretty difficult. If you would rather endless tedium, here's Desert Bus:
>K5H-KY2-LJF

So for my next course, I'm thinkin of doin somethin with the bumper rings. What would you guys wanna see done with em that you haven't seen too often or at all?

Okay, some notes for your level:
1 is that it's definitely cheesable. Getting a big spinjump off that first thwomp after the double spring can bring you all the way to the end
Try to avoid de-cheesing with kaizo blocks, that is, don't use kaizo blocks to block cheese. This is a personal preference for me, but I'd much prefer spikes to indicate that a path can't be taken, which leads to my final note, which is indicators:
Indicate indicate indicate, especially for a speedrun level. Use tracks in a Z shape to indicate spinjumps and in a box shape with one side open to indicate when something needs to be thrown. This will make your level more playable the first time through and encourage flow. I got a time of 12.876 seconds, it was fun enough for me to go back and play through it again, but I think with those changes it could become a lot better.

The Skeeball one I kind of want to remake. There's the thing you said and how easily you can soft lock haha. That's what I get for assuming people wouldn't walk down the skeeball lanes. Thanks though man, glad you liked them all. Did you post any?

9G2 CWP LDF

This is the second course I've made. The idea is that itll be challenging but not total kaizo shit. Requires skill but also creativity.

Yeah I did, I'm if you have any feedback on them let me know.

Posting it again, be wary its my first level and it might be on the time consuming kind of "puzzle"
K4W-3CR-WXF

Attached: sad doggo.jpg (750x1153, 83K)

Just made a super ball level based on breakout. The ball can't break much so it's more of ricochet puzzle but hey.

Breakout!
1LJ-LNY-86G

>playing endless expert
>japanese flag
>SUPEEDO RUN
>20 seconds to reach the goal
>impossible unless you have the whole course mapped out from trying it multiple times
Why are these even in the pool? Just exclude anything with a timer under 100 from endless. There isn't a single person that isn't going to skip a level like that. Nintendo really half-assed this.

Reupload because I fixed a glitch:

KBS-STL-MMG

>if you like it you follow the creator/browse their old stuff
I post all my non-shit stuff. If you browse my old courses you are in for a shitty surprise.

Attached: 1448499921192.jpg (280x400, 19K)

Endless is more for people to find levels. While I understand your frustration, unless there is an alternate pool for these levels then where else do you suggest they get eyes on them? I mean sure I hate getting them in endless but I will skip them save them for latter to play at my leisure.

It happens, my first serious course actually has a soft-lock too but it got semi-popular so now I can't change now or I lose my precious maker points.

It seriously annoys me that Nintendo never added some collision free generic background visuals so we can decorate without relying so much on semi-solid platforms.

Very well thought out course, nice and challenging. For me the pacing was a bit herky-jerky though because the enemies/flames are activated by the camera the precision of the timing would vary greatly in some part. Anytime I built up any speed I would die very quickly when a flame spawned not where I though it would be so I had to pause at every single chance I got. Many will disagree with me, but I think you may want to consider using auto-scroll for this or similar courses.

Also were there any 1-ups? Can't recall seeing anything but mushroom ? blocks.

you can cheese the first one by damage boosting but other than that it's pretty fun!

>he doesn't make his courses wacky like a nintendo level

>unless there is an alternate pool for these levels then where else do you suggest they get eyes on them
I suggest people stop making shitty courses. There isn't a single good level on a 20 second timer.

Attached: 1549489079765.jpg (259x194, 7K)

You don't really need carry along that one crate to beat this level.
Just do a spinning jump on top of the stack of crates and you can make the jump without too much trouble.

Adventurous Journey
XXD-FN2-WJF

It's a standard level and I tried to make so that speedrunners have options to get through the level quickly and that collectors have 5 big coins tucked away to find, so hopefully it'll be something you will enjoy regardless of how you like to play.

pic related was the first comment that my level got.

Attached: first comment.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

They're a little weird user. Checkpoints do save your red coin progress if you don't have all of them but if you die with the key after collecting them all then you lose the key and have to get them all again. I'm sorry you didn't like the level

I was thinking about giving out fire flowers instead of mushrooms but thought it would make the challenges too easy. I guess it's a classic case of "welp, too easy for the creator, let's make it hard for everyone else"

is nsmbu deluxe worth $60

Attached: 1448749563016.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Absolutely not. However it is probably the best NSMB game.

You fuck bowser

>Absolutely not. However it is probably the best
well fuck, how is anyone supposed to play it then

Yeah but once you've got all the red coins the level is essentially over anyway so why not do that? Just makes your level much less frustrating to play, especially when a lot of the red coins you have to get are based on patience/waiting.

>Someone like and give a good comment on your stages
>You only want to give back by plying, liking and commenting their stages
>They didn't upload any

I only want to share the love

Attached: iorssh8jjon11.jpg (1029x1029, 111K)

>when a random player likes one of your levels so much that he plays them all and leaves cute, hand-drawn comments on almost all of them

O-oh gosh~.

Here's my two newest!

>Distant Dunes
Stumble and strafe o'er sandy strands!
VWN-PL5-QSF

>Hailstorm Heights
Breeze by blustery, blizzardy bluffs!
KG4-32Y-F5G

>the most liked levels are 70%+ clear rate levels that are boring as fuck to play but look kinda pretty
wack

Yeah, I cleared the thwomp test level. I seriously only made it past the first piranha plant in the galoomba one. I know to bounce, grab the galoomba, bounce, and presumably kill the plant with the galoomba, but then what? I wanted to throw the galoomba and bounce off of it by the coin, but it dies too. Can't spin jump on the spike blocks either. I feel dumb, but kaizo is 100% foreign to me.

>you can't make one
wack

Attached: 1552435361702.jpg (351x400, 87K)

It's okay if the goombrat dies, user, that's what she's for. You toss her through the piranha plant onto the spikes, then spin jump off of her onto the galoomba ladder to the checkpoint.

anyone can make one who has half a brain, I put a bit of aesthetics into my level but at least the actual gameplay design matters to me. Most people just have "dude I made this cool building with background blocks and stone blocks and lines!! collect 100 coins or something iono"

Oh well, at least it's only the first one. Glad you liked it

>actual gameplay design matters to me
making a series of precision jumps and spike walls is not actual gameplay design

>clears 1/471
>wr is 47 minutes

Weird Forest Adventure. ID : 9SY-SV6-JMG

I thought that the freedom of choice in which challenges to tackle would have made the level better but I guess the red coins make it frustrating. Maybe a linear approach would have been better? Thank you so much for your feedback user. I just want to make good courses and you've helped. You said that the level is pretty much over when you get them. Was the boss segment to boring? I wanted to create something with bowser that wasn't just "fire flowers until he dies"

dont comment your own level like that

Here is an example of a red coin level with a checkpoint contraption that allows you to not have to do the level all over every time you die:
youtube.com/watch?v=8sitnfrlvBA&list=PLGySxtojZxpOhvspeauL6ZV0O6xJNIdxA&index=11

>Going around and booing every popular level
It's not much, but its honest work

I played a few of them, I'm not anywhere near an expert at Mario so I try to only play a few levels that are really hard. The Dry Bones level was cool, I think I got close to a checkpoint at least. Something about it just fucks with me though, I'm almost always holding Y to run and that picks up the shell instead of equipping it.

I also tried Life and Death and Frozen Ruins. I definitely think Frozen Ruins is a more cohesive stage (even though I fucked up the jump over the flagpole at the end, at least I opened the door during the victory animation). Life and Death just felt like I was switching to the other world for no reason sometimes. Maybe I was just missing a lot of secrets.

Nice levels though, I just stopped on a few so I wouldn't tank the clear rate and get pissed.

Nice level

>go to like and play their level
>insane kaizo shit
>can't even figure out the first part

Hey man, I don't wanna be rude, but this level feels like a hot mess. And that other user is right. Commenting on your own level like that feels awkward and forced

I can't think of a name for my level but it's finally done at least. Should I just call it Chrono 2

I'm going to bed now, it's a little disheartening that I play a bunch of anons levels, while no one plays mine. I'm sure there are a bunch others in this thread, and other past threads that this has happened to. Maybe do a favor, and look for a post without any replies, then play that user's course.

How do I customize my level's thumbnail?

Attached: whaaaaaa.png (347x185, 43K)

It happens to me a lot. You do it to help others not yourself.

Hey man I'm playing your level rn and really enjoying it, good difficulty. I got the first cp. I'm >470637837 if you want to check out my levels.
Gonna finish your level but gotta go shit first

If your post is short enough I must just bother.
I skip every post that has 200 lines of level codes. I got no time for that shit.

Press the upload button on the part of the level that you want in your thumbnail.

What's the code? I think we only have 5 of us actually playing courses tonight, everyone else is just posting their shit.

Happens to me a lot too. What are your stages? If I haven't played them I will do so.

(・_・)7
I'm on it cuz I'm bored
[Spoiler] but also keep in mind that no one owes you shit on this thread [/spoiler]

Assault on Fort McKoopling

HC9-B4V-HJF

My very first level as I didn't have MM1. It is long, critiques are appreciated.

>have successfully avoided fart guy since these threads have started
>his level pops up in endless expert

Attached: autistic screeching.gif (500x376, 1.98M)

Welcome to Mario Maker. First time? Make sure to dump your levels on the thread and close it

Do you need the online subscription to download other people's courses? Seems like you do but I figured it was worth asking.

thanks

my friends level its pretty easy

Attached: received_450661962437720.jpg (3024x4032, 962K)

Big Slope Ski Resort

PNJ-8BR-KNF

40 seconds speed run. Relatively easy I guess.

Your code is invalid

yes

Pretty good, but I only made it up to the part with all the Kameks because that part is grueling. I'd ditch the checkpoint in the overworld by the pipe since it only takes about 30 seconds to get there and put a checkpoint earlier in the underground segment

tried my best to make a memory game level
PJ8-CCV-KRF
hard mode: no screenshots or pausing

>Swimming in 2-2 at Night
C3X-336-9TF

My first course, it's basically a replica of SMB 2-2 but you have to navigate it with limited visibility. Good luck!

Attached: d60523a-c2bdc088-cfbc-4bf0-aaeb-cae8cc2e56dd.jpg (792x705, 280K)

Unlike last game, the popular page is surprisingly full of good levels, not a huge amount of auto crap, although it would be 100% better if the fucking 20 second on off block speed runs were gone. They’re all the same.

Yeah the Dry Battalion stage is definitely the most difficult of my stages because it requires that execution. Life and Death is definitely not my best work, the idea was to go through one zone to get more progress through the other until you got to the end, but yeah.

Thanks for the feedback all the same

Bretty good, challenging but never felt unfair

Hot Rodz

TJC-9F6-VLG

Spent quite some time on this. Please let me know what you think. Any constructive criticism is welcome!

Very fun, good pacing

I ended up skipping half the level by getting onto a Lakitu cloud and going into what is supposed to be the out pipe from the Kamek area. Don't know if that was intentional or not but you should probably fix that. Otherwise very well made

checkpoint is in kinda a shitty place but other than that, solid man

Found a couple courses in endless that were really good, most of them have like no plays.
MVY-FBP-2MG
L9C-N40-LWF
1X3-F4S-1NF
1B4-S7S-DRG

I feel bad because they are way better than most of my garbage.

Attached: 1456938539243.png (554x1200, 337K)

Finally I present: The Spelunky 500
(Read in movie trailer voice for maximum autism)
From the creator of 1-1 in Reverse, Chrono, and most recently Barrage comes a new twist on a popular style of levels, in Course World right now you can get your tickets.

ID: HC3-MV2-HWG

Alright so to actually talk about it, this was my most annoying level yet. Due to how packed and complex the level is every change would cause a cascading effect of changes. However, I think it was well worth the 30 hours it took to make. It's a little short on the timer but other than that is very very fair and uses every mechanic in the game besides a couple. You collect 500 coins going around a sprawling twisting underground forest looking for the next cache constantly to reach your goal. You can literally do anything you want in this level from how it's designed, go crazy. Picture unrelated.

Attached: 1554985564673-1.jpg (665x768, 84K)

It's a meh level. I'm just not a fan of blind jumps. I didn't give it a like, but don't worry I didn't boo it either.

It was okay, I didn't like the blind jump or placement of the checkpoint but the rest was pretty okay.

Thanks for the feedback. Consistent complaint about the blind jump lol

A continuation: I only made this level to get a good 3D level out there. If everyone here did the same there'd be 100 more!

I will review levels now thank you for playing if you do

New stage, Sunken Cavern, need feedback
YS6-HLD-7SG
Old stages

Minesweeper
5N2-P53-YDG
Cape based SMW level
02V-MBJ-RHF
Standard SMB castle
B9Y-BKT-C2G
POW block trick jump
TBS-T7T-T1G
Icicle trick jump (very hard)
5V9-YVD-XJF
Weird single jump trick level
69L-B0Y-8QF

I'm glad you acknowledged that. Had a change of heart after playing it again, and ignoring the blind jump, it's ok. Gave you a redemption drawing

Eyyy just beat it, starred it, left you a comment. I made a couple easy Kaizo you might like:

>470637837 (not >>'ing myself to keep the post clear for critique)

I gave it a go and the sheer amount of stuff you put into this is incredible but really long levels like this just aren't for me. Not to say it's bad but that I can't give much input other than that.

Do people actually make good levels that resemble a real game, or are they all just autism puzzles?

I remade Green Greens from Kirby's Dream Land:

M15-WLC-HFF

Name: The Goomba Space Program

Level ID: KV6-PD3-VHF

Get in your ship and defeat the Goombas! My first course was too difficult so I tried making a more standard level

Pretty EZ, not a fan of new soup speedruns in general but had fun with this, well done user

Fun level that suffers from not enough time in the oven. It was conceptualized very well until the end, then it felt like you got lazy. Don't be afraid to spend more time on your levels playing them it helps a lot. I hope you do a more full fledged map!

Just found out David Firth (salad fingers) is making levels so I wanted to share his maker ID with you
T6H-69N-4XG

Attached: file.png (459x254, 142K)

did Sunken Cave. I think it could have used a bit more in the way of light sources, it felt like I was getting hit by things a split second before I could do anything about it. Still a nice design otherwise.

Were you supposed to be able to just jump over Whispy?

What's the best game style for speedruns? Super Mario World?

MEGAMAN MAKER IS THE SUPERIOR MAKER GAME AND ITS FREE SHILL OOOOOOO

Attached: DD3F6862-B75C-4720-B7DE-F736FDED6557.jpg (300x300, 17K)

>make a bunch of cool themed levels
>try to get people to play them
>everyone always says they're too hard

Attached: 1507325219594.jpg (823x738, 75K)

shill them here

If they are “too hard” maybe they are badly designed. Fun>(((hardness)))

>let my girlfriend who is not big on platforming games make a level
>its super basic cant really lose
>brings my score up like 300 points

Fresh upload, Jack and the Giant Beanstalk!
9D7-DDV-PDF

a course based on the fairy tale, has optional pink coins for a good ending

Attached: 1538198469801.jpg (850x1276, 419K)

I've tweaked my old snake block level based on feedback here, now all snake blocks are blue
PXJ-GBH-XKG

Attached: NSMBU_SnakeBlock_Ice_L.png (463x154, 102K)

Maybe you don't need all of them to be flowers, but perhaps just one or two. I would probably agree that having all of them as flowers would be overkill, but having some might not hurt.

it's fine, most players are casuals, I'm guessing you've watched a lot of mario maker streamers and got used to the high difficulty
"pro" mario maker is a smaller part of the community so don't expect normies to like it, but you can try shilling it to high skilled people and see what they think
alternatively your level could be unfair or not clear, anyway just ask for why do they think it's too hard

Pocket Bomberman Cloud level:

9LQ-DC3-XGG

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Title: Snowy Speedrun
W78-V1R-82G

It's a short and easy course.

Yesterday i did my first stage, today i have finished my second!
905-L05-VHF
It's a short level with the obligation to constantly backslide. I'm disappointed in it but maybe you won't be!

Attached: 1497833271118.jpg (512x384, 17K)

Yeah, I just figured that it would be better to just have Whispy be a level decoration and drop "apples" from cannons on the side so there's still an obstacle.

Not that great, it lacks a lot of polish I'm sure you know that but the concept is great.

Well your words mean the world user, good or bad -- so I appreciate it.
It's honestly really nice though being told that what you were going for came to life in some way.

Cozy. You need to work more on the atmosphere next level as that's just as if not more important than gameplay. The level was fun but if it was atmospheric and cool to look at it would probably be somewhat popular. I got a nice WR though so thank you for that!

I think I'm gonna get high and play Kirby on the NES emulator again for inspiration. How hard is hard mode?

As for the level, it's perfect pretty much. Nice job, do more please. You might do a better job than everyone else at recreating levels. There were things that I questioned at first but you clearly have the innate artistic talent needed to pull things together.

905-L05-VHF - Short backslide level
Forgot to anchor post.

Top tier: Standard

High tier: Themed, Short and Sweet

Mid tier: Auto Scroll, Multiplayer Versus

Low tier: Speedrun, Puzzle Solving

Shit tier: Auto Mario, Music

This is objective.

very fun level with a neat gimmick! WR'd

played the newest.
>Luigi
>Can play as anyone in this game
feels pretty punishing for a puzzle level. A minor suggestion I'd make is have the mushrooms from the pipe come out on top, because if you stand on a pipe nothing comes up so I thought it did nothing the first time through and skipped over it, being forced to repeat the section.

You can skip a few things, which I think was intentional. It's pretty tricky since the Cat Suit never feels reliable, but that's probably me.

>Carnival Night
way too much fireworks FX, otherwise clever, was expecting Carnival Night Zone 0/10

Project SMB3:

I am making 8 worlds with around 6-10 traditional stages in each world. All stages have atleast 1 pink coin to find, most stages have several and some of them are very hard to find. Difficulty of these levels is like 2/5 since it's world 1 but the coins can be tricky. Can Yea Forums find all the hidden coins?

These levels are in standard SMB3 fashion, no boss, gizmo, or puzzle spamming.

World 1:

1-1 New beginnings
WFY-YDL-T1H

1-2 Buzzy Problems
3FM-9SF-DQG

1-3 Tasty platforms
YDN-KDT-GHF

1-4 Fish in the sky
YJ0-G2V-J0G

1-[F] A kind start
C11-8J6 -PTF

1-5 Summer nights
MH8-98V-V1H

1-[G] Dark ambition
3KM-25R-MHF

1-[A] And up again
RH7-HKF-0MF

Made changes to 1-[A] after watching several twitch streamers die to what they say are unfair kaizo blocks near a red coin. Also added another red coin after the boss to prevent people skipping the boss altogether by using the coin key.

All feedback welcome, if you want me to try your levels and give a like, let me know.

Attached: 9ce7a8ca841ec8f4a4b3da9502daeec8.png (600x707, 444K)

Based

Melee Adventure
>VFC-TNF-5XG
It's my first level plz no bully
It's inspired by the Mushroom Kingdom and Underground Maze maps from SSBM's Adventure Mode

Move short and sweet to top, it's always nice when level creators respect your time

Dude did you type the code wrong?

It's probably been asked, but how do I get custom music to last an entire stage, rather than just a few seconds?

I'm trying to make a cool space level with Mario Galaxy music, but it only plays a couple seconds before switching back to normal music.

Playing this has reminded me of how much I fucking hate 2D Mario physics, it's like everything is an ice level.

First get the music you want and then drag n drop it onto Mario just like you would place a music track.
You could also spam the music track back to back across the entire stage

I made a level about cutting a boat in half.

M5H-9CW-GLF

whoops,hang on, gotta double check on my switch

My mistake, the code is:
YVC-TNF-5XG

>literally getting paid to make Mario Maker levels to shill for your boss
It's not fair

Attached: D_pwdQaUIAAqc7m.jpeg.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

I managed to get in the cloud, is that intended? Cool level.

Is the intended path to avoid the walls by jumping over and put the helm on from the side cause you need to for WR

Nah, you're supposed to make the helmet land on your head when you bump it from the block, then you just run under the thwomps and they can't do shit. Beat it whatever way works for you though lol

this is a stupid question, but can i create levels on my pc with mouse and keyboard?

So I'm done reviewing levels for now sorry, if you want me to do yours reply to this.

Also, tell me what level to make next. I think I was going to go for more short levels and really work on not staying my welcome

Yeah but what are the levels like? Are they basically just a bunch of blocks shaped into burgers? Would be boring if you just had to make soulless trash.

You know you could probably get more plays if you also post your Maker code in these threads: SSL-1XS-DNG

Finished that water level:

Something in the Water (NEW)
M3L-9LC-KRG
Bypass the urchin overload! The only way through is under . . .

Very excited to try this level after hearing you talk about it, but it's time to sleep. It's up next on my to play list. I think I'll hold off on making for just a bit now. Tomorrow I plan to do the usual shill post and then just play through the thread.

I had an idea to make a 3D world level where you have to twirl from the top of a vertical stage and use the floatiness to dodge shit. I'm not sure how well it would work.

Understandable, thanks for the code

Made an absolutely miserable level based around long jumps and thwomps. Any masochists willing to clear it?
Y6H L13 C2G

M55-G6N-YKG
No one has actually given me any criticism do could you please give me some?

>spend last two hours trying to beat a puzzle/kaizo level no one has cleared
>it fucking soft locks you right at the end and you have to start the whole level over again
im done

Attached: 1486777038079.jpg (389x361, 39K)

I played the "Fresh, Never Frozen" level and it was actually pretty solid: 3C0-VKW-HYF
It's a simple Sky themed stage with two paths and a light troll checkpoint. The only slightly tough part is the section with the switch block floors and the narrow ceiling made of spikes and switch blocks

>Spend hour building chunk of level
>Go through it to test
>Can't beat it not because it's extremely difficult but because I'm fucking shit at Super Mario Brothers
Maybe this wasn't as sound of an investment as I thought

Attached: 1547010815407.jpg (436x536, 51K)

Surely you've heard of the course part known as a "checkpoint," haven't you? Or perhaps one of the more advanced features known as a "mushroom?"

dev route time

If you get can't beat your level without getting hit consistently its expert tier. If you can't beat your level without dying consistently its going to super expert purgatory and in all likelihood no one will ever play it.

I don't know why people design courses like this.

I expect something of... Higher... quality honestly. This just feels like a souless enemy spam

Actually making levels gave me an appreciation for easy platformers. It is hard to set everything to work on low skill levels while introducing cool elements, making the stage flow well and removing anything that could end up annoying. I find that making hard levels where you need to make every jump on a very specific way and work with missable cycles is way easier (even though it is the only way to showcase the mechanics of the game working at their limit)

Don't just boo it you cowards

sounds like you made a shit level, good that your shit won't reach populace

The more levels I see from this place and from ingame the more I realize none of you motherfuckers can make levels. It's all spamming bullshit, ugly levels that are long as fuck with no check point.

When you make a level, ask yourself if it looks like a kid made it. The answer will probably be yes.

Couldn't resist. Went ahead and got the first clear. I have to say that this level is absolutely ludicrous. I mean that positively. I've never seen a level so crammed full of different stuff and may never again. It's daunting at first but you quickly realize that you don't need to do everything in it to succeed, but damn if I don't want to keep running it to see what other nonsense you shoved in. I had to download this one so I can do just that.

Judging from your text I realize you haven't played a single level. Good day to you sir.

Attached: D-M7gvxVAAAXSgm.jpeg.jpg (680x383, 45K)

I'm not the creator... Just kinda liked it and decided to shill 4 free

any short easy levels in this thread or is it all puzzle kaizo levels?

play my galoomba level
58X-WVG-QLG

I mean, it's an easy kaizo level (), i.e. no tight jumps or frame perfect tricks or trolls

wow you're so cool making ugly kaizo levels

Holy shit someone beat my record on that Japanese tough ass course by almost forty seconds.

9FW-D58-0NG

OdinEdge, if you lurk here or are related to Yea Forums, props.

thank you

>your worst course is your most popular because it happens to be your easiest

feels weird man

How am I supposed to get 5 consecutive wins in Multiplayer?! This shit is impossible.

Attached: A A A A A A A A A.jpg (595x519, 76K)

I want to know how I will beat 10 super expert stages to get the hoverclown

Attached: 1466531412437.png (354x432, 56K)

If you make a course that you yourself have trouble beating, it's going to be a shitty course.

no exceptions.

Attached: b_the_big_guy_himself.png (448x500, 205K)

Complete luck.

>he makes levels without a secret area
>he makes levels using bumpers
>he makes levels with lakitu

This thread needs webms.

Attached: trust no one.webm (640x360, 1.93M)

you think that's bad? Try 100 super expert stages to get a pea shirt

Fake

It sucks that medals are tied to global stats and there are costumes behind them
This means the more people play the game, the harder it will be to unlock those since you lose medals as the requirements get pushed further and further

>start building a level at about 11 AM today
>putting some stuff down to get some creative ideas, business as usual
>decide to go for a ghost house with some light puzzling and recursive level design
>the ideas start flowing, I can hardly even control them
>going full perfectionist, every square inch has to be utilized properly, have to test every single jump to make sure nothing can be skipped or broken
>about halfway through at the checkpoint flag, I'm running out of steam due to the general limitations of the 3D World theme, but the level still feels too short
>eventually get my momentum back and start plugging away again
>my setup ideas aren't working, I have to come up with iteration after iteration, identifying what's wrong with it and how I can attempt to fix it in the next iteration, until I finally settle on things, then move onto the next
>fucking FOURTEEN hours later, at 1 AM, and I've created an absolute monstrosity of a stage
>even though I tried to keep the difficulty tame, nobody's going to be able to beat this shit except for me because I always get so carried away, and I made it such a full level packed with weird interactions and enemy formations that require careful observation and trepidation, and nobody will have the patience for it like I did
>even though I think I had some cool ideas, I can hardly even feel proud of myself because of all the concessions I had to make to minimize sequence breaking/functionality falling apart, and because I wasted my one day off on this shit

FXN-MJ1-V7G I'm sorry if you hate it

Attached: 1547046380840.jpg (824x579, 108K)

Multiplayer Versus is like 60% luck, 40% skill. You'd need to be extremely good and/or lucky for that shit. I've got a gold medal in super expert but I've never gotten more than 3 wins in a row.

Skipping doesn't consume lives, so skip like a motherfucker. Skip all speedruns, skip all Japanese levels, skip anything with a short time limit, etc. Slow and steady levels are the safest. It's a good sign if they give you a mushroom at the start. Also, if you pause, you can see how many people have played the level you're in. In my experience, fewer players is better, because the people before you could have been bad at the game.

Here's my maker ID: 167-YG1-7BG
All my stuff is on the comfy side of the spectrum
Just don't platy first stage ever made. It's not that good.

In SMW, what are ways to force normal jumps instead of spin jumps? I can only think of making high jumps for normal jumps and spiky enemies for spin jumps

How does that suck? You realize medals aren't even permanent, right? Only the costumes are. They are a reward for performing exceptionally. Why does a stupid outfit need to be accessible to you? It completely loses its meaning if everyone can get it.

Attached: f23a01f15d45853bfe870b47b1edb19759c1829040d4ea7394eb136315e179b8.jpg (850x528, 122K)

Galoombas

dunno if anyone here was in last night but im streaming again if you wanna post your levels for me to play

Did you not read the post? Medals are tied to the global average of player totals, not individual players.
It sucks because you need to beat an absurd ammount of levels/get likes to get a medal now.
Twitch streamers already bloated the "likes" medals to ammounts so high no regular players can get them anymore, and to get the endless medals requires you to play over a thousand levels in easy/normal, or over 100 in expert.

where

>recursive level design
>in a mario game
NO.

Attached: RobotDoctor.png (720x547, 374K)

Grand Theft Mario, the most ambitious recreation done by a retard.

W1P-SV2-KRG

Attached: d6zqneg-4091c4a6-1888-410f-a15c-8185da22666e.jpg (540x483, 91K)

Thanks! I didn't know they explode when spin jumped on

It's okay for puzzle levels though, right? Or if your level is laid out kind of like a Zelda dungeon where you're basically doing new things constantly, but the path just happens to cross through an area or room you've been in before?

>It sucks because you need to beat an absurd ammount of levels/get likes to get a medal now.
I got a gold medal within 2 days of level making last weekend.
>to get the endless medals requires you to play over a thousand levels in easy/normal, or over 100 in expert
idk, I was plinking away at expert today until I got stubborn and jobbed, seems like ever single win past 10 puts you 100 higher in the ranking and its not absurdly hard to chain wins together if you are patient.

Will you ever hit the #1 spot? No, but that wasn't going to happen anyways. Top 100 is within reach for anyone. As with any leaderboard system, obviously it will get harder to climb over time, but it is what it is.

Attached: 1439991575272.jpg (500x730, 557K)

Cool it with the spinning ghosts, dude. You've got way too many of them.

twitch tv /shinuzero

>play shitty pick a pipe
>dislike
>leave comment at the start of the level giving directions
faggot larper

No.

ok

Attached: Goomba the Slick.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

this is the type of terrible shit that Yea Forums produces

Not a Yea Forums level, but this one fucked me up real bad if you are looking for some torment.
RD5-PV7-9HG

I just beat it. It was really nice, outside of a few things like the Peepa overuse. The Peepa in the thwomp's path was particularly annoying, because you need to chase the thwomp to keep it from despawning but there's hardly any room to dodge the Peepa on the way. Also, for the giant dry bones part, you should have extended the semi-solid platforms all the way across so it wouldn't be possible to hit the [?] blocks from underneath.

Nice one bro, I got rekt before finishing it though but clever concept.

Is there really no reliable way of killing Meowser in 3D World besides the fire flower? I’ve been trying to make a Monster Hunter-ish stage where you hunt him and I let you pick one of three powerups (Hammer, Flower, and Cat Bell) to emulate picking a weapon in MH, but the Fire Flower is easily the best when it comes to beating him.

that sounds terrible, in fact all meowser levels suck

Bowser's Elite 4
>W53-8Y3-QTG

Boss rush vs some of Bowser's minions.

Attached: BowsersMinions.jpg (1000x488, 68K)

>fucking around with bumpers
>decide to change the ground theme to night time since it's more floaty with the sky theme
>realize I can put spikes within bumpers where they peek out at the corners
>could set up an entire obstacle course where the player has to bounce and weave over and between spike traps
>it's still fair because the player can take the time they need to prepare for the next bounce

And that's what my second level's gonna be all about, I think.

Attached: Superlative.jpg (517x768, 180K)

just don't upload it so people have to see that shit

I tried to perfectly replicate the enemy placement in Melee, and for each red coin to have a distinct challenge. But I guess I did go a bit overboard.

Attached: 1536458407486.jpg (448x412, 12K)

MTP-K0P-PDF

I made a very short level based on Smash. Criticisms are welcomed.

Attached: A1 (2).gif (352x289, 672K)

Uploaded a very hard trick jump stage, first clear is my nigger
FX4-CV4-KRG

Boo In the Shell

Remade this from a few days ago, more consistent but probably harder. Boss fight at the end

714-R7Q-R0G

I'm already dialin it back, only cause I thought of another great idea. Hide hard blocks in the bumpers. But then put a trampoline on that, and then a sideways trampoline that bounces on that. Now you actually have to have a sense of timing when goin from one bumper to the next so you don't get knocked back hard. Holy shit my mind's racing.

Attached: I'M TALKING ABOUT THE RADIUS HERE, PAY ATTENTION.jpg (400x488, 69K)

just make sure to link it here so we can dislike it

Also if you force big mario and put them on yellow blocks they cant spin jump

still looking for people to post levels, if you want em done live

play this shitpost i made

2RL-S38-L3G

on it

Sky of Gold
CY9-50Q-TYG

I expanded on my last "of Gold" level. It has a few more advanced jumps but I hope it's not kaizo-tier. Feedback is always appreciated!

here's also a real level

WQK-3KG-TSF

Hey, thank you for your words. Honestly it is so dense I've forgotten a lot of the finer details already myself. I tried to make it clear you could just run through it in the description kinda. . I didn't want to make it painfully obvious.

Sure hold on 5 minutes
I don't think it would work very well at all, would probably be better with any other game honestly.

I'd like to see you play mine

Oh I forgot to ask, it didn't seem like "too much" to you did it? I feel like the level is bordering bowser spam aneurysms.

I'm gonna play your levels more and Kirby for inspiration.

Right so first impressions: This is one of those levels that is perfect because what it sets out to do is easy. However I can't imagine a much better level than yours, maybe a few minor changes but only a few tiny things would I consider objective (mostly following mario meta block placements). Personally I thought it was very fun and really hope you do more and keep posting here. You did an amazing job but I'm also a huge fan of Sunshine.. remake when

How do I download them from twitter on mobile?

what do you guys average on plays/likes on your levels?

go get a $6 microSD, i dont know how twitter works

you can slap him as a cat probably hit him with a hammer too

just ended the stream. if i catch you tomorrow night ill do it first though. i get on 2am est

>no plays
>no replies
Are Mario Maker threads seriously getting 0 new growth? I hope this is just because it's the middle of the week and it changes once the weekend starts up.

Attached: 1336923196233.gif (286x119, 449K)

Link your shit, I'm going to bed rn but I'll check this thread in the morning and play yours

threads are slow around this time of the day and especially on weekdays

HT8-VN9-VPG

No one has beat my level yet.

>clears: 1/42
you lied to me, mister lundegaard.

who is the most based maker? I vote milly!

oh shit, it didn't update on my end.

h-how did you know I was lurking

I vote joecool. milly is based too, so is twoson.

I’m gonna name myself and pretend it’s not me!

I doubt either of them are actually milly

truly based

post WR music

Attached: 1509536538615.jpg (424x640, 111K)

youtube.com/watch?v=SRbhLtjOiRc

I will put my code on the image, thank you.

Sorry about the fireworks.

Helter-Skelter (silly multiplayer level)
F27-1TV-WQF

Attached: heltskelt.png (993x707, 1.17M)

Thanks for the vote my friend.

Two levels.

C1C-FJJ-0CG
F21-QWR-D9G

Double Shell Jump Practice
Y7C-S1B-30H

youtu.be/I7cpWv3_UH8

Attached: smm - toadette in the sky - 2019-07-15 21-25-00.webm (720x404, 2.78M)

that was an incredibly long, tedious experience

>Like always, will play some Levels and drawing stuff for you guys
Loved the goomba you drew on one of my levels

Poison Flows in Yoshi's Forest

4GF-X9W-RLF

Less than 1% clear rate, probably many people can't clear the second part. First one is nice and easy tho. And the third can be hard if you want to get the world record, otherwise e it's doable!

Shut the fuck up dude, jesus christ.

would you niggers mind actually playing levels from the thread instead of just mindlessly shilling your own? you don't have any Yea Forums levels in your liked courses

I agree but also its pretty autistic you checked and know that many Yea Forums courses off the top

Ive gotten a total of like, 2 or 3 replies. People just shill and leave like a bunch of assholes trying to get people to check their mixtape

RHK-6JJS-BPF

Nothing too wild here, just showcasing a little easter egg for those who might not be aware of it. The hitbox changes from MM1 meant I had to use a coin objective rather than a mushroom but it's arguably better this way.

Attached: Super-Mario-Bros-3-large-31.jpg (398x360, 27K)

Oops, that second J is a typo. Damn keyboard chatter.

I con't figure this one out.

Hold down on the d-pad for about 10 seconds

Any way I can make that clearer in the sub-world? It's meant to be a hint, but maybe I should just spell it out.

No problemo, I will come back later to draw more stuff. Maybe i will land on one of your levels again.

Attached: Beitrag219.jpg (462x389, 38K)

This was pretty rough. I didn't appreciate the hidden blocks in the second segment, although I understand why they were there.

2-1 A warm welcome

K68-KR1-MWF

Feedback greatly appreciated!

>the course must be cleared from the start and from each checkpoint flag

Attached: 1544404506598.png (1278x720, 765K)

It's a safeguard to make sure levels are beatable from the start without weird checkpoint shenanigans, and that there aren't "troll checkpoints" which trap you and make the course unbeatable if you touch them.

I have yet to see a good level posted on these threads. It's almost as if Yea Forums doesn't play video games so they know jack shit about good level design.

MM isn't about making good levels, it's about making levels you yourself want to play, and then finding makers who share your interests. If I wanted to play baby mode hand-hold levels i'd just play a pre-made mario game.

WWV-BR1-TYF Treasure hunting in salvage sea

please play my level I spent all day on it and like 20 people have played it.
>inb4 people make fun of my switch's cracked screen

Attached: Treasure Hunting in Salvage Sea small.jpg (1842x974, 958K)

Imagine spending all day on making something garbage.

happens to me all the time tbqh

thanks for the feedback

>collected 600 coins then I died stupidly
I liked it but I couldn't bring myself to do it again. I'm not a big fan of collection levels but it seemed well made.

Yeah, I tried to signal their presence with indicators at their side, but it's hard to notice them while yoy are in a hurry

>all the anons that post massive lists of basically every level they've uploaded
>try some out
>they're fucking terrible
every time

Yeah it's a bit too long, but apparently you can't put down Checkpoints if you make a level condition. Sucks because I included over 1000 coins so that wouldn't matter but that's nintendo for ya. TY for playing it :)

Attached: bueno.jpg (610x480, 32K)

you miss every shot you don't take

it's just quantity over quality, people shitting out levels with half-baked ideas at best that clearly didn't go through playtesters

Multiplayer versus is the worst online i've experienced in a game

yeah the best makers seem to post just a few levels or just one though there are a couple of exception I think.

Can’t believe there’s a cap on how many people you can follow.

I was wondering why no one was playing there and now I understand
>5 communication error in 30 minutes of play
>Unbearable lag
>All that just to play on the bad levels of autistic kids & retarded manchilds
What a cold shower

>hammer bros stacked on bloopers in a claw jump segment
Super Expert here I come

Attached: CACC5ED2-85A1-4E71-9ACD-88E7BE8FB333.gif (246x254, 176K)

How can you tell if your level made it to the hot list?

post code

It's not done yet, plus I'm referring to a bonus area in an otherwise normal level.

NEW, FUN LEVEL ALERT!!

Journey through the pyramid: F80-JHS-JNF

To get to the end, you must go through this old-ass pyramid and overcome all its challenges.Do you have what It tales?

Difficulty is medium-easy

Reuploaded to fix some Jenk
>Let's Shellebrate 2.0
C70-XTP-8TF

re-post of older levels
>Dungeon of Yang
QKG-S4H-QSF

>Let's Shellebrate 1.0
35P-JNB-0PG

>Fire & Ice
297-6YP-RNG

>Novic Kaizo World
3DJ-D49-86G

>that long ass snake block section for literally no reason

>playing through story mode
>some levels about saving toads and not letting them get hit
>holy shit bro that's a fun mechanic I can't wait to play around with that
>there's no option to add toads to your levels
I hate this game so much

Attached: toad.jpg (1400x1400, 75K)

same with the stones

God damn it, stones aren't in the editor either?
What the fuck are they doing?

>instead of picking them up like in NSMB Wii they follow you and eat shit to burners/cannons/bullet bills/literally any enemy that moves
FUCK this game

Attached: 62FE3512-4AFE-4668-996F-B52F1E33DB08.gif (444x234, 499K)

Probably going to add them in a patch.

Nevermind, I based an entire level around that gimmick. Remember to twirl.
1JT-321-P4G

Attached: 43AF59C2-9EF7-4B3D-9CA5-3850E52465D2.gif (1164x1545, 2.23M)

The blooper bros surprising weren't very dangerous at all.

Maybe someone else can do something more devilish with them.

Here's one of my newest courses. It's pretty easy and not too long.

TJF QFT MVG

Attached: deserttown.jpg (901x676, 83K)

And here's one I just finished. It's extremely easy, pretty much impossible to fail, as I just made it to follow a theme.

Scenes From A Haunted Restaurant

PXX JLD D9G

Attached: IMG_1486.jpg (901x676, 84K)

Boss Blitz Castle
7WR-84C-FRF

Mount Brr Climb-a-thon
2W0-L3Y-3TF

That Overgrown Thowmp Hideout
CNQ-6DT-9GG

Triple Cherry Meowser Showdown
F9V-WGM-HLG

The Chocolate Temple
XR7-NGG-V0H

Wall Jump Wasteland
YLH-3RK-91H

A little late to the party

I put more playtesting hours and effort into this course than any I've ever designed. I hope you find it fun:

506-8H1-MJF

>It's a "Good idea gets ruined because they just decide to spam bosses at the end of multiple difficult platforming challenges" stage

Booing every time

>its a boom boom in a rectangular room with a key door episode

Attached: 1557624950524.jpg (2048x1896, 242K)

>it's a big bowser with infinite powerup episode
why the fuck do so many people do this?
Even levels that were otherwise good shit the bed with one of these 'bossfights' sometimes; if you don't have a good idea for a boss then don't shoehorn this garbage into it. It wastes time.

>accidentally made a level with brutal difficulty

Attached: 1420397114206.gif (148x111, 264K)

>that final hammer bro

Attached: fgv86yfvgyi8.png (108x150, 16K)

So after uploading a level is all i can do wait?
Do level see more plays when they are posted or long after?

Attached: 1529754408701.gif (250x300, 785K)

Link yours

They start showing up in the "New Courses" section after 24 hours and usually get one or two plays from that.

Its rare they they get plays unless they already have some - they don't get put on endless until they have a play. Basically post them here to kickstart them and get some helpful feedback.

I knew people would enjoy that.

CYY-324-NDF - Pachinko!

How many shells did it take you user?

905-L05-VHF

>They start showing up in the "New Courses" section after 24 hours.
Oh. I thought it was immediate, because i got two plays but no cool and no feedback in the thread so i thought it was just random people. They probably didn't like it then.

RFV-HXC-Q7G
My friend and I made this one. His first time making a level and my second. I enjoy playing it but no clue if others will.

I gave it a shot, I think it has potential but it’s pretty tricky to the point that most people are going to have to try again and again to make much progress and just say “fuck it”, which is why you have a 0.0% clear rate despite about 30 attempts

And here i was worried that it was too easy and too short. Making people put effort into completing your level sure is hard.
It's not annoying at least is it?

Can you manipulate the system somehow to make your levels appear in the random list for other players? I only have like 7 plays on my level

More likes gets you more plays

The thing you have to remember is that it’s going to seem easy to you when you play it because you made it and you know what’s coming. I think another important thing to keep in mind when making SMM2 courses is that even though your course may only be as difficult as a course that you’d find in an actual Mario game, in an actual game, the player is incentivized to keep trying so they can progress in the game. In SMM, they’re one-offs so people care a lot less about finishing your level if it’s kind of a pain. They’ll just move on.

These are mine btw

This. More plays means more clears which might make your level appear in endless. Then you're golden

>try to make new thread
>"Uploading files from your IP range has been blocked due to abuse."
the fuck? why?
This is a UK IP address, why would it be blacklisted?