Never play any Muslim country before, what would you recommend?

Never play any Muslim country before, what would you recommend?

Attached: europauniversalisiv_packshot.jpg (1600x2216, 974K)

Persia for fun, Oman for comfy.

Persia is Shia, right? Won't I have trouble with Ottomans?

bump

If you're up for a challenge Grenada, taking iberia and then pushing to Paris is always fun

Not if you're good.

Morocco

sweden

Attached: 1516106702512.jpg (596x545, 244K)

Bomberman

I've actually tried Grenada a few times, but each time something always went wrong and fail.

Golden horde

Victoria III when?

Attached: 230758-victoria-ii-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1154, 161K)

Ottomans are incredibly OP, which might not be a good thing depending on your taste, and have a lot of extra flavour if you have the DLCs for it.

Also the sultanates around southeastern Asia are really fun if you want a more trade/exploration-based game, really different from the full jihad mode you get playing around the middle east.

Not today. All we have now is a CK2/EU4 shitty mod called Imperator : Rome.

Attached: EH EH EH.png (344x249, 54K)

I've never play Ottomans before because they looks too easy and boring, but I just check the wiki and they seem kinda unique with tons of events. I might actually try them.

whats the appeal of this game? genuinely curious

Pros :
>Can play any nations between 1400 and 1800 in the world and you litteraly create history
>Looks complex but is kinda simple (depend on how you are skilled to strategy overall) just hard to master
>So many mods. Endless replaybility

Cons :
>Fuking dlcs, fucking paradox shit, 120$ for full experience

If you like grand strategy games and you have a lot of money to waste ( or just pirate it wtv) than go ahead.

Blobbing? The fun is in executing your blob.

It's a sandbox where you decide to work towards some objective before hand
The game plays out for about 400 years but there's always fresh mechanics being introduced during the time frame to keep you occupied
Also there's a lot of flavor text that will definitely make you interested in history

Is it still a faux pas to like pic related, especially mods like Kaiserreich?

Attached: 462832-hearts-of-iron-iv-windows-manual.jpg (800x1206, 221K)

There are some things HoI4 does well and some things it does terribly. I love KR though, it's the only way I play the game

It will get better soon, right user?

After 5-6 dlcs ? Sure, i think it will. Right Paradox ?

Attached: MHDH.png (230x178, 24K)

>faux pas to hoi4
user I....

Ottomans is babby mode but they have interesting interactions, Tunis and morocco are nice local powers, mameluks is bordering on babbymode if you know what you're doing but still pretty fun. That is just if you wanna play close to europe though.

just play the ottomans, they are stupidly overpowered.

Play as Aztecs instead

Didn't the Ottomans got nerf a few patches ago?

What are some countries that will keep me occupied until 1800? I usually get bored around 1600.

bump

Anyone?

Timurids are a lot of fun, if completely anal at first because you have to save scum until rng allows you to exist.

Burgundy- Netherlands is probably the most fun I've had in a game. Bonus points if you also form a colonial empire.

>Persia is Shia, right?
Only for the cucked and cringe.

Attached: 1542897813774.jpg (1920x1080, 798K)

Don't you lose some flavor events with that?

Anyone here play on Ironman mode? What was it like?

HOI guy here, but I do Kaiserreich iron man sometimes. It was fun when I didn't know how to play, but cheesing the AI is so easy it's no different than the regular mode now.

Well, I don't think I'm good enough at the game to play on Ironman yet.

Is there any benefit for being Zoroastrian Persia?

Liquor mana, coal mana, iron mana

None of the others are still getting better due to DLC. Paradox has lost it.