Not like this kawasebros

Umihara kawase fresh is out in america and nobody knows, the last review in YouTube was last month, nicalis hasn't posted anything and it's not on the eshop, I'm having a lot of fun with the game (I'm in quest 71) and I don't want it to end, it's not fair kawasebros, switch was the best opportunity for kawase to get popular and nicalis ruined it, there was no footage at E3, it wasn't on the "coming soon" in the eshop, NOBODY KNOWS IT'S OUT, as a starter fan, not like this...
Umihara kawase thread

Attached: 1469753323012.jpg (450x255, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gS1gHC5GNA
youtube.com/watch?v=hfcQSkN0SXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It got released in japan like 2 or 3 months with english as an option. Everyone who wanted to play it bought it then.

i like the young big titty girl. whats the easiest way to play one of these games?

It came out now? I looked for it on the store earlier.

Everybody already bought the games on PC / Vita.

most of Yea Forums buys digital, nicalis fucked up and didn't release it digitally. I have my copy, but been playing peach ball. Loved the demo though.

Its just a bad game
They lost all the soul

____ ____

It's shit. I pirated the Switch version and it's the worst game in the series.
Dead franchise, I will stick with playing the older better ones.

>most of Yea Forums buys digital
Are you brain damaged? I'd say most of Yea Forums buys physical

Why the fuck isn't it on the eShop? Here in Europe there's just no way to buy it without going through the hassle of importing since it was meant to be digital-only. Did Nicalis say anything?

yeah they said "buy cave story faggot a game we made ourselves :)"

why the fuck does she have two left feet?

A friend of mine who doesn't even really know about the series had to remind me about it, so that speaks volumes about how little advertising this game had. I managed to get the Launch Edition off the Nicalis store and while I have bought the Kawase trilogy when it was on Steam as well as Yumi's Odd Odyssey, I think Fresh does a better job actually teaching the game mechanics to you as well as checkpoints making you feel less bad about being inept with the physics. I really hope the game eventually gets much better word of mouth

Emulate the SNES game and prepare your anus

nope, I've seen a shit ton of people whining about no digital the last few threads

Honestly, are you surprised? Did you not expect a shitshow for Localizarion the moment you saw "Nicalis"?

It's tradition at this point for localization to be a mess with this series. I bought my physical copy off amazon JP as that has a full english translation.

I'm getting it this weekend.

T.didn't play the game

Where the fuck is the PC port?

They sent it out to die and it fucking upsets me. Never giving this fraud company another cent in my life.

>Pirate complaining
Opinion discarded

The game had zero advertising, which is weird since umihara kawase belongs to nicalis, name, ownership and all that so it baffles me completely, why didn't they advertise this? What kind of retard spends money for something he isn't going to use? (Even though they tricked the creator into selling her, or so the rumors say) so it's weird, companies don't care about reputation if they can make money, just look at konami.

>umihara kawase belongs to nicalis, name, ownership and all
That's funny, I don't recall seeing their name anywhere on my Japan import copy.

Attached: 35696366_p0.jpg (770x800, 130K)

just post kawase

Attached: 1553758742350.png (350x350, 14K)

I was planning on it

Attached: 1537578873154.png (1287x2220, 973K)

Really? That's weird, pretty sure they own it now, that's one of the reasons everyone hates nicalis, maybe they have a problem with the license and that's why they didn't advertise it in the west? Maybe they're losing it? Kawase is pretty much shoved into everything nicalis brings along with cave story because they belong to nicalis, so I don't know why they want this fame to fail

Attached: 1470172678220.jpg (194x259, 10K)

Pretty sure you got fed a stupid rumor by Yea Forums. Owning publishing rights in North America does not mean you own the franchise. That's not how that works.

Attached: DpmkJGMVsAALJ_x.jpg (512x680, 50K)

Got my copy.
It's the nicalis version cause I ain't going through importing trouble and I'm not paying extra for the same game.

But like, this has always been super niche in the west.

An aside, I like that it came with a real instruction booklet.
Almost nothing does these days, the only other game I've gotten in the last number of years to come with one is Shantae HGH.

I plan to get it but I'll be honest, I'm a huge Kawase fan and I think this game looks like shit.

pick your kawase

Attached: 1555149821351.png (1319x1034, 1.05M)

I know how publishing rights work but I remembered they really tricked the cave story dev and made other things, unless I'm really getting fed up by Yea Forums but then, why the hate for nicalis? And maybe you're right,maybe they don't own the franchise but that's what's everyone's saying, do you have a pic of your Japanese copy?

Attached: 1496471_7.png (262x150, 85K)

Top row, 3rd from the left.

At first I didn't liked the style either but you'll get used to it, it's really cute

Attached: 1472151604997.jpg (703x1200, 113K)

I think you got confused. The seried Nicalis owns is Cave Story, full rights to the series.

So what's the truth about nicalis? Are they really trash or it's just Yea Forums memeing?

Attached: 1470069832824.png (300x400, 42K)

Theyre trash are you so fucking retarded that you need to be spoonfed everything?

Just look at this fucking launch.

I wonder if there'll ever be a decent Umihara thread ever again

Attached: 1556068922857.png (355x326, 22K)

well i like umihara kawase
i even got a taste for metroidvanias/actionexploration ive cultivated
but i dont have a switch
and i have at least a hundred things i would buy before i bought a switch
ive made threads for fresh before but its impossible to talk about it without having much of an interest in a game im likely never going to play until emulation

It was a fair shot at reintroducing the series but something like UK is just destined to be niche. The artstyle is divisive, the lack of budget scares away bottom feeders, and anyone who does bother to try might still get filtered by the high learning curve and sometimes higher difficulty. UK isn't bad by any means, it's just forever destined to be a pleb filter. Everything about it aside from Kawase's character design screams "bitch, I dare you to like me", and that's part of why it's cool actually but nah, this is never gonna take off as is. It's just gonna be one of Japan's best kept vidya secrets forever.

it will never be possible for it to become popular but its always going to have comfy (read;boring and slow) biyearly threads as long as i continue browsing this site

Attached: 654778566754.jpg (750x750, 100K)

umihara fresh i so fucking slow

The japanese publisher and developer is called Success

Attached: IMG_20190716_175102_1.jpg (4160x3120, 3.18M)

So basically everything Yea Forums said about nicalis it's right and only the kawase ownership might be a misunderstanding, that's all you had to say.

Just play it user, it's really fun, otherwise years may pass and you may have not been able to play it in a console, the design is divisive yeah, sayonara umihara kawase artstyle was really good, I wonder why they didn't stick with that one.

>just play it user
but my post was about me not spending money on a switch. i might like umihara kawase but this isn't looking like one of those 400 dollar games. ive played the fuck out of the first game but i still haven't beaten shun not even one ending and sayonara is about the same situation

Huh? That's weird, maybe I got meme'd by Yea Forums still, success publishes it but I'm sure the developer is "sai zen sen studio"

everyone who wanted it imported the jap version
even the jap demo had full english

Yeah, in the meantime bone up on Shun and Sayonara. Fresh could eventually make its way to PC, provides Studio Saizensen can even scrounge up enough money for a port.

IS there going to be a PC version?

I got a copy but Japanese devs have no idea how to price their games. You can't convince people who bought Hollow Knight for 15 bucks to buy this for $40.

I hope the devs finally get around to making Code of Princess 2 next. Since Blade Arcus, Kawase, and CoP are their biggest titles and they already made two of them in the last year.

Attached: sexy kawase.jpg (598x1068, 323K)

I already imported the game months ago. It's weird not having straight up levels anymore and everything is now a open platformer. Having said that it's still Umihara Kawase in that there are some paths where you absolutely need to know what you're doing unless you like the idea of starting a mission over again after spending some time collecting shit.

Attached: 1503500950167.webm (412x360, 2.6M)

Attached: 36547624_p8.jpg (599x501, 40K)

God I hate nicalis. I wonder how they duped the devs to let them "publish" in limited quantities with no digital version without having to do any translations

I don't like big tits but she makes me want to suck on her titties

how do you make a man want such a bad thing

Attached: 546567674.gif (800x600, 230K)

Attached: D32agqmUwAA1vhW.jpg (379x384, 40K)

wait is first game umihara a kid or not? i keep hearing conflicting reports

>blade arcus
Nigga what? They developed blade arcus? Or are you trippin? Do they make they shining heart games? Because blade arcus is part of the shining series and is really good for a fighting game with RPG elements, you probably meant blade strangers, and I agree, the reason I bought that game was because of code of princess, but also
>sexy kawase
I don't know why are they making dlc for that game, it's dead Jim, if they are making dlc and putting "sexy character" it's clear they want the game to revive even if just a bit as lewd characters raises sales, it'll probably be a bikini judging by the pic but probably one of those thin bikinis that barely cover the nipple and pussy or has a very lewd pattern since making a full character just for a swimsuit isn't very smart, she'll probably have a new movestet with a lot of lewd poses in her attacks/specials

Attached: IMG-20190707-WA0010.jpg (1400x1400, 510K)

She's a cute

Attached: 1166881b37f08fb91309e3cc32c64874.jpg (1003x850, 153K)

Umihara looks like she's aged between games. Only thing consistent about her is what's beneath the sweater.

Attached: 1398566671110.png (600x721, 247K)

I think the first one is high schooler kawase, college kawase is the huge tits one and kid kawase is the one that wears the blue polo shirt and green shorts

I actually just finished story mode right now and have a ton of questions about what just happened.

Attached: 2019071620193500-BE1C95A159B1F179226A8F5CDB4A76DF.jpg (1280x720, 409K)

Saizen develops Blade Arcus for Sega. That's why they also made Blade Strangers.

Like was the whole game some kind of dream or what?

Attached: 2019071620192500-BE1C95A159B1F179226A8F5CDB4A76DF.jpg (1280x720, 424K)

How do you unlock Curly? Cotton showed up during normal gameplay but Curly never showed up before the credits.

What's the name of the other physics simulator game for the ds that has a little girl as a main character and she goes around collecting stuff that she sometimes gives to her friend? I think the game was never localized but that it had a fan patch

Attached: kawase deepest lore.jpg (940x540, 177K)

that escalated quickly

Yeah she's in like elementary school. Blue sweater or shirt or whatever is older than that. Sayonara and beyond where she wears the black hoodie she's an adult, and they decided that the best way to visually get across that she's older was to give her absolutely massive jugs.

>kawase canonically gets her womb filled
>kawase's massive tits canonically swell even larger as she gets further along in her pregnancy

>ruining this belly

Attached: jDdaN_rMX-mEUeat.webm (1280x720, 722K)

Kawase is a loser that looks like a boy and doesn't have friends

Attached: 16-profile-umihara-kawase-childhood.png (960x544, 600K)

girl searching for a place to belong

Attached: D2rSVAoVYAInqDP.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

she is japanese please understand, the homeland needs babies

Alrighty, who's gonna post the updated version fo the MEGA?

Attached: C R O P P E D.png (1062x1078, 970K)

The real Umihara Kawase was the friends we met along the way.

Attached: 2019071620183300-BE1C95A159B1F179226A8F5CDB4A76DF.jpg (1280x720, 404K)

She's canonically an adult in all versions. The kid version was a flashback sequence in Sayonara I think. In the first game and Shun she was 19. In Sayonara she's 20.
Everyone assumes she was a kid in the first game because of her sprite looking chibi.

and the murders and cannibalism

Attached: kawase.webm (1280x720, 2.2M)

>Bottom first two
I hurts that we'll never get that type of childhood design, it's one of my favorites as a drawfag

Attached: DmTOJMhU4AA2dvf.jpg (480x360, 26K)

It was more to do with her attire. Felt like something a middle schooler would wear, but then what do I know about teenage fashion in 90s Japan.

Attached: 1469806970805.png (300x423, 185K)

I don't get the original design either, but I think they were trying to make her look "smart"/business-like with that dress shirt (she's apparently a well-known Sushi Chef) but giving her green shorts to still make her youthful or something.
I dunno, either that or the artist just sketched it and called it a day. Either way, she was definitely an adult in the first game because there's no such thing as a Sushi Chef middle-schooler.
If there was, I'd already be running my own restaurant

Attached: Negan think.png (1027x667, 203K)

Fucking Nicalis doesn't even acknowledge the game and is totally silent about an eShop release. I wish I hadn't bought the day one edition and got the Japanese release instead, to not give a single cent to Nicalis.

you know full well there isn't enough lube in the world.

Ah man, this ep was so comfy

MODS

I am not in middle-school retard.
Running a restaurant is a higher tier from being a chef.
Therefore the implication is that if it was possible to be a sushi chef starting from middle school, I'd be owning a restaurant by my age (19).
Think before you speak, faggot.

Attached: OBERSTEIN.png (640x480, 303K)

it was a joke you autistic fuck

wait, so it's not available on e-shop and you have to get a physical copy or what?

>Obersteinposting
>Not seeing the autism as ironic.
You are lost, my friend.
youtube.com/watch?v=-gS1gHC5GNA

Attached: Dogs eat dog food.jpg (640x960, 82K)

>Turning Kawase into generic waifu trash with no surreal level design
Deserves to fail, I hope they never mangle her dead body again

>>Pirate complaining
>Opinion discarded
Pirates have the best opinions because they don't need to warrant their wasted purchase

>actually she's a descendant of Kawase's and an inspector of time and space police

Lolrandom humor was never and will never be funny unless executed in some miraculously right way. This is not one of those times.

Attached: annoyed joker.jpg (552x532, 46K)

that's not lolrandom humor you dumb zoomer fuck

Really now? Explain why the fuck she's a character in a fucking platforming game and when the fuck time travel and space police got involved in this game. This isn't Sonic the Hedgehog's Archie Comics.

Attached: Annoyed Snufkin.jpg (225x350, 34K)

Yeah I'll admit it wasn't ironic, I am just on the edge because I barely got out of my ban from posting a Get in a Notch thread, which apparently held higher priority over the amount of Steveposters and I didn't want to get banned a second time by someone that misread my posts. My bad for the hostility.

Attached: Concerned Gohan.jpg (512x384, 28K)

I saw this in the store for Switch and was considering getting it, didn't know it was a sequel though. Would I be lost playing it without playing the older games?

Umihara Kawase is renowned for its sheer emphasis on gameplay. Fresh is the first time there's really been any attempt at a narrative, and even then it's background fluff at best.

I'm gonna go with the far right. I like the direction they took with the midriff

I feel like most people that really care enough about Umihara Kawase to keep tabs on new releases for it just imported the JP version with english subs at release. I know I did and I'm barely even a fan of the series (not that they're bad or anything, I'm just way too shit at these games and not willing to put in the time to git gud beyond whatever my skill level is going in to a new one.)

Midriff is good

Attached: 1562718312260.jpg (1759x1898, 1.16M)

S-source?

>he doesn't know the lore

I don't
I play it for the gameplay.

Attached: Smug Mephisto.png (452x340, 324K)

Attached: umihara fid.jpg (256x341, 17K)

Look at this cow.

Attached: 1562718639854.jpg (1763x1910, 1.37M)

Attached: cotton.jpg (361x311, 25K)

Probably wrong but maybe Coropata?

Playing this on a keyboard that barely registers more than 3 keys pressed at a time sucks big time.

So what's the better purchase for a casual acquainted with the series. Fresh or Sayonara?

also saw some talk about cotton not too long ago on famitsu's site

Attached: x68000_cotton.jpg (640x922, 126K)

oh yeah that was it

>nicalis store
>USD$30-60 shipping to australia
yeah nah, thanks fuckwits.

This. What the fuck is going on? What's up with the ending?

>doesn't have friends
of her age. She has plenty of memories with older friends :^)

Attached: hey guys welcome to eb games.jpg (913x678, 417K)

what happened to the cotton remake?

Attached: kawase fresh playable characters.jpg (1184x1980, 434K)

I love them all, but if I had to pick
3 > 2 > 4 > 1
Hot pants is amazing specially when combine with a long shirt/hoodie

Attached: 16592365_p0.jpg (450x600, 157K)

Attached: D6B_1gLVUAAiU1r.jpg (724x1000, 92K)

You're close enough to Japan you could probably import from there cheaper. The game is in english.

on the other hand you should keep the items you got in pristine condition and 10 years from now people will be going "I need a complete switch physical game set" and you'll be one of 5 people who bought it.

Just bought a copy off ebay. Jp version was AUD$55 but I paid AUD$65 for the US release because hurrdurr. It was going to cost $120 from Nicalis directly :P

>nicalis

There's your fucking problem.

>that fall at the middle of the webm
>rekt lma-
>mfw everything after that
>mfw using the pit to evade the crab at the end

Attached: 1555812529675.jpg (842x792, 81K)

Attached: 1557369922560.png (616x587, 679K)

beat the tadpole again

Still hasn't arrived, but I'll be probably the only one with a copy in my shithole country, I was lucky that a relative agreed to pay half of the shipping, because 30$ for it is just too much. The worst part is that apparently the key chains didn't pass their quality control and they will be sent apart in a month or so.

Is there an easy way into these Cotton games?

Attached: 1553733813978.jpg (892x894, 577K)

I almost bought it today when I went to FUCKING GAMESTOP but the price seemed really fucking steep

when you hit the area in fresh where this music plays, it's perfect

youtube.com/watch?v=hfcQSkN0SXY

I DEMAND UMIHARA CROSSOVER ARTWORK

Attached: yatazo.jpg (1447x2046, 779K)

Attached: 53180455_p0.jpg (800x800, 226K)

Top row 2nd with bigger boobs

Attached: D4RpUGwW0AASg.jpg (1200x1200, 193K)

i'm so ready to pay $50 or whatever the asking price is for this game, but I absolutely refuse to buy physical games. My switch has over 40 games installed on it but it's game cartridge slot remains a virgin. I intend to keep my switch halal unless someone rapes it by forcibly inserting their game cart into it. i'm not going to give into haram temptations because of you, nicalis.

like I don't get why nicalis doesn't want my money. no i'm not going to make a japanese account and then micromanage two separate accounts on my switch. I just want you to put the game up on the north american eshop, and let me pay my hard earned cash for a small dev platformer based around fishing rod mechanics. why won't you just let me do this nicalis? why are you so adamant that I should buy your physical copy with an artbook and other shit i don't want or care about from your website? why don't you just put it up on the eshop? it can't possibly be that hard, you must realize it's literally free revenue, of what reason did you refuse to do this?

in any case, I'm never going to play this game if it never goes on the western eshop. that's that. i'm not going to pirate it. i'm not going to buy the physical copy. i'm not making a japanese account. i'll just wait, money in hand, and if I never give it to you nicalis, so be it.

Attached: aubrey hair.jpg (500x500, 68K)

Oh cool, glad I helped user

>this fucking post

Attached: 1442400166719.png (340x251, 125K)

i'm literally happier never playing this game than I am buying it physically. nothing you can possibly say will ever change my stance on this.

nicalis is literally just refusing money and that's their prerogative i guess.

6/10

Brought the trilogy on Steam a while back, haven't gotten around to playing them though. Are they the superior versions of those games, or should I have just emulated?

Did they seriously not release a digital version? That's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. I'm a fucking physicalfag and I still can't comprehend why they'd do that. Where's the fuckon g logic in that? Do they hate money?

Either way, I'll probably just import the Japanese version once I get the chance. Fuck Nicalis.

Attached: 20190717_021051.png (500x359, 291K)

So is the game actually good?

I liked the arcade style of the first few games and making a full blown Metroid adventure with the mechanics sounds like fun. I'll buy the PC release when it gets out.

>tfw preordered from amazon and got no "bonus goodies"

>No fun allowed hunger mechanic
Almost bought Fresh. Almost.

I almost always buy physical when I can, but there's certainly some irony of a physical only release when these days publishers are salivating over the money they save on digital releases and many people don't care about physical and just want all their games on a convenient list that doesn't require cart/optical disc swapping.

I find it kind of sad that the best game was the first one.

i thought they mentioned that it wasn't going to be that intrusive.
to anyone who played it, how does the hunger bar works here?

how do I become a god?

Every monster you defeat gets put in your backpack and you can eat it. You also gather food from trees and shit and you can combine things to make shit that gives you extra bonuses like pizza which makes you jump higher or get knocked back less. You're never going to run out of food.

>let's NOT release this niche but cult platformer game on the eShop for Switch, the HOME for niche cult releases
why

I thought these games are for kids. Why is the girl so lewd?

you're the lewd one if you get it up to oppai christopher robin

Attached: DznnJcWUwAAVXIi.jpg (564x880, 70K)

>another japanese incel fantasy

How the fuck do you even reach this level of play? I've emulated one of the games for a bit so I understand how the controls work. Sure, it's possible, but being able to control your character when bouncing around to on the fishing line to that degree is absolutely insane. Especially throwing out the fishing line that much when hanging from the ceiling and then changing control methods where up/down now control how far you bounce.

Do some of the games have L/R control the fishing line length or something? Because that seems like it would be a much more sensible control scheme.

>a niche title is considered a literallywho by everyone outside Japan
Are you a brainlet?

Is it even any good? Every game after the original felt unnecessary and it seems like now the series is just running on based on the character.

Oppai!

it's clearly a TAS dude

I hate that I kind of agree with you. The first one seems to have both the mechanics and style down-pat, other than the dumbass spawn mechanics. If they found a way to make bosses more fun, I think it'd be the perfect game.

This one changes the formula to be mission based and slightly Metroidvania inspired, so maybe? It has actual gameplay changes.

I mean every sequel to everything is unnecessary in reality, I think the games are fun and this is a gameplay style that doesn't exist anywhere else so getting more of it is enjoyable to me. The mix-up in Fresh having a huge connected world seems interesting to me as well and I'd say the franchise has tons of potential.

Attached: 75144537_p0.png (910x760, 768K)