Would anyone be interested in playing original yugioh online without all the synchros, xyz, and shit?

would anyone be interested in playing original yugioh online without all the synchros, xyz, and shit?

i was thinking of trying to set up some form of anime duel event through ygopro where we'd have guidelines for making anime decks and a bunch of pre-built ones for people that just want to play. i know a lot of people here have watched the anime and only know the basics of the show so it might be fun for people that haven't played in a while or ever. but i wasn't sure if a large amount of people would be interested in trying it.

i know /vg/ has a general board but that's for people that are already involved with the tcg. i figured this could be fun for everyone else.

if enough people are interested i could set everything up so all anyone would have to do to join in is just download ygopro.

Attached: golem.png (624x467, 479K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ygorganization.com/thosuand-meeting-updates-july-4th-2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds neat. I honestly hate all this new bloat Konami added to the game.

R8 deck

Attached: Mermaids.png (600x780, 425K)

that's what i figured when i saw another yugioh thread on here which is why i came up with this. people seem to like yugioh, it's just the game is chaotic as hell with current cards and hard to get into/play for fun.

Can i play yata lock?

Gay and smelly fishfag

Fish are the future fag

i don't understand the hate for xyz and synchros, i get the hate for pendulums and links but xyz/synchros are not that different from tribute summoning, bumping anyway.

I'd say you can but only if your opponent can use anime cards with anime effects.

Synchros are basically just better Rituals imo

It's fucking hard to do.
For example the cancer white dragon cards are not xyz shit but annoying as well.
Dunno if ygo pro has the option to disable cards from 2009

Just play goat format you retards. Its exactly what you're looking for.

uh well it depends on what people are interested in. the original intent is to have like anime-based deck so there some sort of theme to it like an ancient gear deck or an e-hero deck. also that isn't very fun for new players lol.

well i'm not sure how many people have watched the new yugioh series to have learned those mechanics, but mostly everyone has probably seen the original yugioh and/or GX. so it's just easier for anyone to join in. thanks for showing interest tho.

yeah i guess if a lot of people are interested i'd get more input on what they're looking for such as do we want an anime-themed deck or an actual anime deck, but so far i'm not seeing too much interest. i might still put something together for the few people that want to try it; it'll probably draw more attention to it.

>Ban Synchros, XYZ, Links
>Some guy roles up with full power True Draco, Shadolls or Nekroz and curbstomps your shitty anime deck
You can't arbitrarily "fix" the game by banning specific things unless you restrict the game to cards from a certain time (GOAT Format), or completely change the rules of the game (Trinity Format)
But by all means, play your shity Hero or Dark Magician deck with every card that you think could beat you banned, there will always be something else that is better

Attached: 1555865929325.png (540x406, 185K)

i'm not trying to fix the game, just let people enjoy an event with less convoluted mechanics and effects with prebuilt decks if they want them. sure some asshat could find the thread and join with a meta deck if it still works in an earlier master rule and if they're competent enough in the game to use it, but there's nothing we can do to stop that besides just leave the game and ignore that individual from then on. i'm not sure what you're worked up about.

issue there is that it's very hard to tell what people are gonna get pissy about, since plenty of casuals end up getting mad that they lose to highly ineffective strategies or archetypes
dunno how autismal the people here would be about it but on duelingbook and percy it's not all too uncommon for people to forfeit or cuss me out for playing decks like graydles, master of oz turbo or various unholy abomination decks like red-eyes gaia, simply because you either summon two or three monsters a turn or manage to actually trigger one of the most basic effects in the deck
considering the anonymity here it's not too out there to expect people to lash out more because a certain deck is "degenerate" for succeeding in it's stupidly inconsistent gameplan
but maybe i'm being too negative about this i really don't know

so i'm not sure if people want anime-themed decks or to actually play with anime cards and use decks of their favorite characters. i believe the latter to be less fun because there's no fun deckbuilding people can do and i don't get to be creative in designing the pre-built decks.

an EXAMPLE of anime-themed decks can be found here: ygorganization.com/thosuand-meeting-updates-july-4th-2019/
this would not be the official rules for building an anime deck because it includes post-GX stuff, but it is an example and starting point for what an anime-themed deck is.

this one is more fun and more like the actual TCG imo.

Attached: 0bd86eab05fc1b04768fc90120a2e236[1].jpg (500x349, 32K)

well that's why i'm asking here, right? most of the people here I'M GUESSING aren't versed in yugioh so most of the players would be more willing to use these other decks.

just playing a fun deck with randoms on duelingbook or percy 9 times out of 10 is going to piss them off because they want to be playing meta decks or something.

i'm sure people will get upset with a certain individual, however you can easily quit a duel and just avoid certain individuals after that. percy doesn't easily allow a tournament setting or to keep a single "server" up, so it would just be a bunch of servers with a name to identify the Yea Forums event with the same password so you can create or join whatever one you want. also we wouldn't know if it would tragically end unless we tried it.

Not video games. Go back.

Yu-Gi-Oh is just a poorly designed game. It's meant to be played in specific archtypes unlike Magic the Gathering which allows more choice.
That said, MTG has gone to formulaic shit.

>it's another "I REMEMBER THE OLD DAYS" thread
>it's another "unga bunga me summon summoned skull unga bunga me equip axe of despair" thread
>it's another "NO SYNCHRO NO XYZ NO PENDULUM NO CHAIN LINKS NO META NO GRAVEYARD NO FUN" thread
>it's another "well when /I/ play I [long list of backwards house rules that ruin the game]" thread
>it's another "I Solemn Exodia!" thread
>it's another "my 60 card deck of one-ofs beat peep!" thread
>it's another "why do I need a magnifying glass for a card, and I'm not talking about Reinquished, TER, or Last Turn!" thread
>it's another "archetypes (anything non-generic) killed the game but Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, HFD, Heavy Storm, and the rest of Chaos/Goat staples are totally ok" thread
>it's another "is mirror force banned????" thread
>it's another "monster reborn needs to stay banned" thread
>it's another "Synchros/Xyzs/Pendulums killed the game (forgets Airblade Turbo and DAD Return)" thread
>it's another "holds up summoned skull let me have fun the wrong way" thread
>it's another "any card thats black or white is sin!" thread
>it's another "pls mak dark majishiun gud" thread
>it's another "unga bunga me hate speed and combos" thread
>it's another "unga bunga we need no white" thread
>it's another "I hate extra links" thread
>it's another "I hate settingu scales" thread
>it's another "solemn is negated by jinzo" thread
>it's another "lol remember when he attacked le mooooon" thread
>it's another thread full of anime-only secondaries who miss le "golden" days
>it's another "why do you keep slaughtering my gate guardian deck with these 'ritual beasts', they arent even blue!" thread
>its another "muh kozaky lock" thread
>unga bunga another beatdown only unga thread
>its another "g-guys why can't I use my Stardust Dragon from Starlight Road again???" thread
>its another "Ring of Destruction on Peten!" "w-what do you mean it missed timing???" thread
>its another "flips Despell you activated my trap card!" thread

Attached: candy shota.jpg (750x766, 206K)

>Original YGO
Sounds great, finally some REAL Yugioh. rate my deck.

Attached: yatalock.png (799x640, 488K)

ygopro and duelingbook are technically videogames. this board has never been about videogames anyway.

I ACTIVATE THE SEAL OF ORICHALCOS

>t.

Attached: BWAHAHAHAHA.png (603x325, 303K)

PLEASE have sex

based

Attached: 1477672142550.png (1837x1532, 1.72M)

i mean the event would to be to cater to those people. i.e. people who like yugioh but aren't very involved in it.

but congrats you made the same post you always do in a yugioh thread.

>>its another "Ring of Destruction on Peten!" "w-what do you mean it missed timing???" thread
why can't they undo the errata on ring

Attached: 1544067893726.jpg (900x1200, 75K)

>Why yes, i do exclusively play pendulums, how did you know?

Attached: JOKINGLY.png (853x441, 754K)

i mean that's not anime-themed to begin with, but your joke has already been made.

I don’t think this is a good idea. A better choice would be to limit the card pool to early Zexal and earlier while banning problem decks that homogenize the game

1 CARD 6 NEGATES PENDULUM COMBO

I can smell you fat faggots from my screen, holy shit

>21 card deck

Attached: 1524335917052.jpg (750x563, 99K)

why you running the fatfuck whale
why aren't you running any of the good high level mermails
where's your atlanteans

Can I run Yata lock?
How about GOAT CONTROL NECROZ or DRAGONS?

>Dark Hole is at 3
>Solemn Judgement is at 3
>Super Poly is at 3
>Book of Moon is at 1

Attached: d56.gif (280x302, 3.63M)