Super Mario 3D World is more fun than Super Mario Odyssey

Super Mario 3D World is more fun than Super Mario Odyssey.

Attached: 41E6E5A8-DF05-42B3-9A8A-E6F17B3B9CB5.jpg (768x1080, 420K)

Attached: tenor.gif (220x204, 527K)

True.
But Galaxy surpasses them both.

Attached: 427px-SmG.jpg (427x599, 66K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1563244260222.png (346x283, 100K)

3D World is the best mario game

I agree with you. I beat 3d world but Odysee I got to the third world, the jungle one or whatever, and sold it to my co worker for 20 dollars so I could at least get 1/3rd of what I spent back.

>no switch port

Lol ur fucking retarded

They both have things that make them great!
The important thing to agree upon is the objective fact that Sunshine remains the worst 3D Mario game.

Attached: 1556592976890.png (562x437, 274K)

best*

>Worst
>when 3D world and odyssey exist

3d world is the best classic mario game and should be the next mario game and influence the next 2d game.

Odyssey is a mario collectithon like 64 and sunshine so it's in a different league and not comparable beyond red waluigi

Gee, who would have thought. It's almost like Mario is best as a linear obstacle course platformer rather than sandbox garbage.

3D World is literally the most fun Mario game ever. But since you don't get to ruin around and casually collect shit it satisfy the autism of people who count the number of A presses it takes to beat a level.

I thoroughly enjoyed 3D World, my gripe would be the difficulty doesn't ramp up quick enough...I think Odyssey has more clever techniques and play styles thrown in, plus Mario is a lot more fluid to control in Odyssey.

>people still trying to justify the couple hundred dollars they wasted on a Wii-U.

Attached: 1559174014130.jpg (600x600, 31K)

I was bored with 3D World

3D world was surprisingly good but the stages could be bigger d less linear but that's just like my opinion man

3D World has some great design and never overuses an idea too much.
But at the same time it's a very sterile, focus-tested game with no personality, kind of like NSMB.

True. But sunshine surpasses all 3 of them.

Attached: 220px-Super_mario_sunshine.jpg (220x312, 31K)

3d world and mario kart honestly made it worth it

Why is everyone posting this dude lately?

Obviously. That goes without saying.

I used to love it but I don't think it's aged too well. Each time I play it, it seems to get worse.

I disagree and I personally prefer Super Mario Odyssey over both games but I respect your opinion
Now this I can agree with

How can sunshine be the worst when odyssey exists?

>doesn't like 3D World's difficulty
>goes on to praise Odyssey
wat

I have about three times more games for my Wii U than I do on my Switch and I like almost all of them more. Wii U was a stupid console, but its features and games were top notch, whereas the Switch is the exact opposite.

Galaxy 1+2>Odyssey>64>Sunshine>3d World>3D Land

this is a joke right 3d world is way harder than odyssey

>odyssey over 64
shit fucking taste

Odyssey outdoes 64 in nearly every regard.

>Odyssey>64

Attached: 1549363615241.png (752x680, 420K)

Odyssey > Sunshine > Galaxy1 = Galaxy 2 = 64 = 3D World

yeah it outdoes it at being a piece of shit game maybe.... because 64 is better.

>All this praise for the most soulless 3d Mario ever
>People preferring it to the first real 3d Mario in over a decade
Disgusting, you Nintendo fags are fucking awful

maybe if 3d world actually had good movement. odyssey's movement is top notch

>Galaxy 1 + 2 above 64 and Sunshine
Why? Why does everyone think these are so special? On subsequent playthroughs I'm bored as hell. Everything feels so ridiculously easy that it's like riding a rollercoaster. I mean yeah, rollercoasters can be fun, but once the thrill of it has been experienced, I have no reason to ride it again.

This

>jerking sunshine off
yep, opinion discarded

If Odyssey is what counts as a 3D Mario then it's better off dead.

Here's some objective facts:
64>Odyssey>Sunshine>3D Land>Galaxy 1&2>3D World

>t. Played Sunshine for the first time a month ago and 64 and Galaxy when they were released.

Galaxies > 64 > Sunshine > 3D World > Odyssey > 3D Land

Galaxies / 64 > 3D Land > 3D World > Sunshine > Dogshit > HIV > Flint MI Water > a drink from bill cosby > odyssey

>putting Galaxy above anything
Into the trash it goes

I like Odyssey but we really don't need anymore sandbox Mario games.

They've been on the right path with SMG1+2 and SM3DW. I hope they return to it.

>disrespecting galaxy
cringe

fuck off, non-sandbox games were fine for a while but it got too out hand. some of odyssey's levels are barely even sandboxes, some are so linear that all you can do is walk from one location to the next.

Galaxy 1/2 are SM64 perfected.

Not baiting

Except when it comes to making a good game. More isn't always better, user.

Agreed, but it takes a while to actually become difficult.

Is today opposite day?

Nothing wrong with sandbox/collectathon type mario games, odyssey just sucked.

That doesn't even make sense, Galaxy was linear as fuck, the complete opposite of 64 and only fixed again in Odyssey.

3D World is utterly soulless and it still manages to be better than Odyssey.

Odyssey>=64>Galaxy 2>Galaxy>Sunshine>3D World>3D Land
Except I like all of them you fags.
Serious question, where is all of the Odyssey hate coming from? Its physics and controls are second only to 64. People usually point to the "useless tons of moons", but no one's putting a gun to your head forcing you to collect them. You can go through each area, do the big boy missions and collect whatever moons you see on the way and still have plenty. Can someone articulate their thoughts?

Survey says... based

Am I literally the only person in the entire universe who has absolutely hated everything about Mario Galaxy?

>no argument

>no testosterone

No. The stupid motion control gimmicks killed it for me.

Spring powerup and the ball rolling sections automatically makes the game not the best Mario game.

>where is all of the Odyssey hate coming from?

Literally just vocal contrarians. Ignore them.

I agree even though I can't stop playing odyssey, I keep going back to it

>That amazing game you own is better than that other amazing game you own

Damn, how will I cope?

Currently in World Crown trying to beat that Mystery House.

The game's honestly really fun, I dunno sometimes it's nice to tune out for a bit and play some good 'ol Mario every now and then.

Wonderful 101 alone made every cent I spent on the Wii U worth it. 3D World being an oddly fresh game just by applying 2D Mario design to a 3D game was just a bonus.

Attached: 1534960364774.png (557x515, 583K)

Attached: w101.gif (500x275, 996K)

Galaxy had the most soul in a Mario game. It's the Sonic Adventure 2 of Mario games.

And I want Galaxy 3 more than SA3

Attached: 1345364652.jpg (794x790, 143K)

>Wii U is dead
>Hack and find out it's the best Nintendo emulator with DS, GBA, GCN, and Wii games
>Splatoon 1, Kart 8, and Smash 4 online still active

Sorry, I'm not missing out much.

Galaxy is literally the worst one

It has literally one thing on is favour and she's even the worst princess of all three.
It was a step down from any other 3D Mario but some people like it too much because they played it when they were 10 and now they're adult enough to be posting on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1555869489530.png (890x1205, 638K)

Odyssey is the only 3D Mario game I bothered 100% completing.

Attached: Super Mario Odyssey Complete.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

This. Modded Wii U>>>>Modded Switch. Bought a Wii U just for piracy alone.

I played it with friends and had fun, not sure if it would be the same experience without it. Besides the carnival levels it feels kinda generic.

For me it's

Sunshine > 64/64ds > 3d world > NSMB > Odysee > > > > Galaxy1+2

Sunshine blew me away when I got it and I loved everything about it and the worlds. My only gripe was the secret yoshi level (riding the boats) and the fact that he melted in water. Galaxy has very short planets you are constantly running around on just to teleport to the next one. I would have preferred larger planets with minimal curvature. It's quite possible I really liked Sunshine because of it's tropical vacation atmosphere because I really liked the Galaxy 1 levels in the water/beach planet.

If it weren't for my WiiU my friend group would have been stuck playing unmodded Brawl until Ultimate came out.

It was worth more than I spent to escape that hell

Anyone that ranks Sunshine high has mental problems. Its only good thing is the setting consistency

Galaxy has the best underwater/swimming controls. Putting it below NSMB and 3D world is weak bait.

I bought W101 used, completely forgot the WIIU is region locked. I wish I could play this game but nintendo won't let me play my disk.

I almost got this on every save file

Only Gamecubebabbies rate Sunshine high. Just ignore them.

I really really hated the 'small planets you run around' factor about it. Every level had these tiny planets and I always felt like I was tilting my neck while running around them. Like I said, I just wanted some bigger planets or more flat leveled areas to do some platforming in. I didn't much care for the hub world either.

where is the fucking switch port? they keep putting shit I don't want like meme maker and new mario bros "u r a fagot"

galaxy and 3d world were a beautiful "feel good" ride

odyssey feels like a fucking chore

>OH LOOK A MOON
>AND ANOTHER MOON
>HOLY SHIT IT'S A MOON
>LOOK, MORE MOONS

fuck you

>galaxy and 64
ftfy.

Jesus.

Odyssey is without question the most overrated 3D Mario game to date. Ironically, the massive amount of moons makes finding them feel shallow, mostly because of how simple many of them are to find in the small, dull kingdoms.

I disagree. I love the kingdoms and the amount of moons means I can keep revisiting them.

Odyssey's movement is shit. You have no options.

Everything is cappy jumps and cappy jumps take roughly 20 minutes to learn. There's no learning curve. It's 20 minutes of time investment to be able to bust every single moon in the game wide open with the exact same strategy.

With 3D World you have multiple viable movements options, and the best one out of them, chaining momentum with the catsuit, takes skill that requires you to be familiar with the stage that you're on and requires that you maintain a powerup. It's simplistic movement, but it doesn't feel bad to use, it's balanced, and it works.

3D World, MK8, and Mario Maker just made it all worth it. We better fucking get a 3D world sequel/port.

Seems like you never learned roll cancel vectoring

Why would I need to when ground pound jump -> Cappy jump -> Cappy jump can get me every single non-minigame moon in Odyssey effortlessly?

because getting moons in unintended ways is a big part of the game for me, probably not your thing then

>Dude just handicap your playstyle lmao
The battlecry of a retard defending bad game design

I think the open game design is great yes

You can't hide behind your buzzwords, retard. Breath of the Wild has open game design without retarded balancing that makes one strategy leaps and bounds more viable than the rest of the tools in the game like Odyssey struggles with.

>must shill new product at all costs, only new product can be good! stop praising old product!
the absolute state of switchfags.

Attached: 1560281927546.jpg (554x496, 22K)

Ok, I don't think Odyssey struggles because I didn't have any problems with it.

switch port when? i want to play this game badly but i dont want to buy a WII u

Attached: opstrich.jpg (563x388, 50K)

>Sold my first Wii U about half a year after having gotten it for 200 bucks
>made most of my money back
>got my second Wii U for free
>Wii U games are cheaper because of Switch ports
I don't even need to justify it.

Literally just people that have experienced better and don't settle for mediocrity.

Odyssey and 3D world are both kino and no one can convince me otherwise

threads like these prove Yea Forums really doesnt like creative platforming.l

3D World is best Mario game

Give me my fucking 3D World 2, Nintendo!!!!

Fuck, when Big N gonna bring 3DW and 3D land HD or in 3DW engine for Switch?

Attached: Sem título.png (754x1146, 1019K)

Sunshine was so much more colorful especially those secret stages.

>It's the Sonic Adventure 2 of Mario games.
But it's not a steaming pile of garbage that only notalgiafags enjoy?

im old

Attached: 1505049190525.png (212x218, 53K)

level design in odyssey is mediocre and gimmicky compared to 64 and Sunshine. I would say 64>Sunshine>Odyssey>Unplayable Trash