What is your favourite Star Wars game?

What is your favourite Star Wars game?

Attached: star-wars-battlefront-ii-2005-cover.jpg (271x377, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGJt5o_XfA
youtube.com/watch?v=OqkofHaFq_4
youtube.com/watch?v=_qcxKE7bbAk
youtube.com/watch?v=_PmE9iVFdwc
youtube.com/watch?v=JEwRcVPxoCE
web.archive.org/web/20150520010615/http://www.eastarwars.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=5wdxargbj2U
moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-iii-legacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

KOTOR II

Bartender!

Attached: imjustadoodwithalightsaber.png (1640x980, 598K)

The Force Unleashed.

I hate what they did in the sequel though.

Also this is a terribly veiled star wars discussion thread. Galaxies was the best.

Attached: 114f8dfe39552211964a06ff8efa413b4aee7318_00.jpg (231x300, 15K)

Ah, Jedis!

This game was top kino. It was the first and only FPS where I could roll over people. For some reason ever since then I’ve never been as good at an FPS since and I don’t understand why.

Tell you what, you have 10 seconds to explain why you think that and i'll let you live.

Attached: Kylefiction.png (640x300, 191K)

Why I think what? My post contains two statements. Are you asking me to justify my liking of the Force Unleashed or my dislike of the Force Unleashed 2?

Probably Star Wars Galaxies.

The former, we all know that the TFU2 is garbage.

I enjoyed running around in a game that really made me feel like a force user. I'm under no delusions that the story was fantastic, but I had fun with it.

>KOTOR 1
is Taris the worst start to a great game ever?

1. Kotor
2. Jedi Outcast
3. Jedi Knight
4. X-Wing Alliance

There's a huge powergap after these.

I actually liked most of Taris. The mining place in KotOR 2 is much worse.

>watching the special editions as a kid
>see the ad for star wars battlefront
>meet a kid on my street a month or so later
>tell him about the ad i saw for battlefront and how bad i want it
>Battlefront? i have that, wanna come over and play it?
one of the best feels, along with when he knocked on my door with the box for battlefront II in-hand

Attached: 1561948393709.jpg (738x1160, 695K)

Yeah, but to be fair great game doesn't apply for 2 so that's not really relevant here.

No Taris was fine. The Citadel in ME1 would be worse and that is from the same company. I still think that area was fine in ME1 as well though.

Battlefront 1 had more soul

Republic Commando or KOTOR 1/2

I'm on Taris right now and I just got Mission. Does the game get better? It has the star wars feel but it's just not that interesting yet.

Attached: 47.png (474x500, 284K)

Battlefront 2 really got me, followed by Republic Commando then the force unleashed.
I also unironically like TOR.

Yes user don't give up you almost off the planet and then you can do shitty errands for jedis on another shitty planet killing the same kath hounds over and over again.

The game gets a million times better once you finish the first chapter.

The Phantom Menace for Playstation for single player. It was a bit of a piece of shit and I haven't played it in a long time. But I loved how there was always optional shit to get additional weapons (pic related), how you could give sarcastic respones in conversations or mind-trick people.
A shame it's neither on GoG nor Steam, apparently.
For multiplayer, definitely Jedi Academy.

Attached: phantom_menace_psx.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Attached: its a new lap record.jpg (207x244, 14K)

Unironically good choices, user. On a related note, there's absolutely no chance that Jedi: Fallen Order will be even remotely good, is there guys?

TOR was a good game in retrospect. It got shat on by Yea Forums a lot but that was probably due to EA.

A couple of the class questlines were amazing.

Force Unleashed was unmitigated garbage. Literally every new power/technique you get is immediately followed by enemies that are immune to it. That was the most retarded design I've ever seen.

Peragus is god-tier on the first playthrough
Taris is consistently droll

Battlefront 1 is better. They fucked the movement in 2.

Attached: Republic Commando.jpg (640x884, 156K)

One of the earliest games I ever played on LAN (though I still remember being annoyed by "having to activate IP/X" or whatever it was called).

The best one is Jedi Knight 2 though.
"RUN KATARN! AHAHAHAHAHA!"
"Does a Jedi run from battle?"

These two and Rogue Squadron was my shit.
Holy fuck the old Star Wars games were fucking great.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 38K)

>Star Wars Galaxies
There was no greater player-run economy experience than it before they made it a WoW Sci-fi clone.

Aged like milk.

Episode 1 on the PS1. THE ROOM IS FILLING WITH POISON GAS

kotor 2
what's the most underrated star wars game?
the clone wars game (2002/2003) is a contender

shit forgot about that swg is a favorite, nothing ever lived up to or replace it for me

you couldn't even crawl on the floor like you could in I though m8 also the levels from II are kinda of boring compared to the first's

I forgot, Clone wars was a pretty good game with a decent story. I would think Bounty Hunter or Revenge of the Sith would be relative contenders for grossly underrated SW games.

How the fuck do I play X wing Alliance properly? There's like fifty different buttons and my joystick only has twelve. I never understood why all these games have to have so many fucking targeting options and yet no option to pause the game mid-mission to rebind your keys.

Bounty Hunter would have to be up there.
I really liked Galactic Battlegrounds and wished more people played it but I'm not going to pretend it isn't a glorified mission pack for Age of Empires.

>tfw besides KotOR 1, 2 and some parts of Republic Commando, I can't think of any other SW game with an original soundtrack
Don't get me wrong, I love the classic tracks, but listening to them over and over across multiple games can get pretty tiring

Attached: 1544892141712.gif (400x328, 365K)

God I want to learn how to make a game. I'd make it look like the nicer looking modded maps in BF2 that used better lighting and textures so it would still allow hundreds of AI on screen without lag, but still be upgraded to allow the AI to perform better and fix the rendering issues.
Problem would be not being able to make it Star Wars. Would have to think of some cringe OC universe that's just as fun.

Attached: a.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

>watch dancers
>don't tip them

Attached: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (470x595, 81K)

Yeah, the only part I didn't like about Taris was the long under-dark section, and the fact that I played through it so many times because I started the game two or three times before finally playing through the whole thing.

Otherwise I really liked the city.

Attached: mission_and_zaalbar_by_otisframpton-d3ae14k.jpg (518x800, 198K)

Jedi Knight 2/3 but I love all the good ones

KOTOR for story.

Jedi Academy for lightsaber combat.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the nostalgia of bygone days of couch co-op with childhood friends.

Attached: kotor dialogue.jpg (800x600, 79K)

After a certain point you stop having a favorite since it's all been so shit for so long.

>I love the classic tracks, but listening to them over and over across multiple games can get pretty tiring
Agreed. Same with the movies. They should've created completely original shit without what's his name or any other contemporary trashmasters like Danny Elfman.

All Jedi Fallen Order has to do to catch my attention is show a quality saber duel that doesn't boil down to the same style of standing still and button mashing like it always does.

Attached: flcl.gif (640x480, 170K)

Rogue Squadron and TIE Fighter at least

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGJt5o_XfA
youtube.com/watch?v=OqkofHaFq_4
youtube.com/watch?v=_qcxKE7bbAk
youtube.com/watch?v=_PmE9iVFdwc

SW Rebellion.

It plays like a glorified baseball bat: No dismemberment

Luke. Jan is dead.
That's good.

Attached: Jedi Knight Ensignia by Halcylon (2).jpg (894x894, 44K)

Yeah is like some of those games they want to cut costs on the music and just slap the Mp3 on top of it, like with Star Wars Battlegrounds and you start with the imperial march for some reason.

Oh boy, now I feel even sadder as I remember that Free Radical was making it, that would have meant a lot of new music for sure.

that game was a trip. I will never forget getting literally diced up by jumping into the giant fan. Could never get past the third level though.

is that from re-edited?

Attached: 81N3fe4DrpL._SX342_.jpg (342x341, 32K)

Attached: 61YiZT0gAGL._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg (226x320, 30K)

>tfw RotS game doesn't have the movie soundtrack
That really soured the experience for me

Attached: 1560368331432.jpg (1019x768, 92K)

Attached: garbage.jpg (306x513, 46K)

Bae

Attached: 200px-Swgbbox.jpg (200x240, 22K)

Battlefront 1/2 for the multiplayer shooter and maps.
Kotor 1/2 for an interesting single-player story in a different era.
Republic Commando for the story and squad mechanics.

Attached: imII1mT.png (672x1864, 1.81M)

good choice

Attached: 1.jpg (800x600, 273K)

>not playing in TPS view
So uncivilized.

The PSP version of this for bots, if only because the AI will actually pick heroes in normal matches and generally seems less retarded.
PS2 version for story.

>better ragdoll physics
>gameplay that focus more on setting and accomplishing objectives rather than killing loads of enemies
>better maps and atmosphere with dynamitic music
>better balance between vehicles as well as more unique
>more weight to vehicle's weaponry
>air to ground combat
>each faction classes are more unique ie clones with emp gernades
>speeder bikes that move f zero tiers of fast
>jubjub
I like bf2 2005 for its content but bf1 2004 is just a better package
also
>menu and loading the pure definition of SOUL

Attached: bf1ragdoll.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>Bespin: Platforms bridge
oh the horrors I've seen

Attached: 1560012896705.jpg (252x229, 7K)

TIE fighter

Age of Empires 2 HD had a great success, why couldn't Disney have someone do a cleanup the same way, it even ran on the same engine.

I wish they would add regular Conquest mode to BF2017, capital ship takedown was such a disappointment.

Lego Star Wars
The new game sounds great but I'll probably skip the levels for the Disney Wars films.

Attached: 51MToVGBRHL._SX342_.jpg (342x400, 39K)

pic related or battlefront 1

Attached: Bounty Hunter.jpg (640x908, 82K)

I legit wonder if modern day kids even give a shit about star wars, or if it's all nostalgic 20 and 30 somethings propping it up

Attached: 1543632236275.jpg (2605x2636, 2.31M)

Based. This is the game I've beaten the most times in my life and I have a blast each time

also these

Attached: 65476547654.jpg (1148x1600, 220K)

>tfw no PC port

What do zoomers even have to be fans of Star Wars of other than shitty toys of dumpy Asian janitors and two cash grubbing online only FPSes with no chat?

Anyone here played Lego Star Wars 3, it looked as if it went bigger in scale and had some more tactics into it, but I haven't got the chance to play it yet.

Things don't just stop existing a year after they came out...One of my friend's kids are playing Galactic Battlegrounds and Lego Star Wars.

It's harder to introduce zoomers to older games but it isn't impossible.

I'm just now realizing there's what looks like an in game render of a republic tank cheekily inserted into the bottom left of the cover art

Attached: 51QZ9XQ9E4L.jpg (352x500, 47K)

it's funny because I remember some of the tracks from the ANH soundtrack from Jedi Outcast/Academy levels better than I remember them from the actual movie

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 48K)

it's a long way to mos eisley, it's a long way to go...

Reminder that it's been 11 years since the last good Star Wars game.

*SSSIIIIIPPP*
Yep, they don't make 'em like they us--

Attached: battlefront comparison.png (1323x636, 127K)

I hate that they replaced the instant action for the stupid arcade or whatever it is. I just want big battles with bots sometimes.

Attached: Felicia day thread.jpg (327x494, 55K)

Played this on gamecube as well. It took a very bare bones character and fleshed him out better than George Lucas' shitty writing ever could. All he cares about is if the toy sells well

>Fucking Stormtroopers

Attached: 2346734248242.gif (432x299, 2.89M)

Better step back Mister because I'm about to SLASH ALL MY PRICES!

Either that or Battlefront 1.

I don't even remember where this plays in the movie, I know it does but I always associate it with Shadow of the empire
youtube.com/watch?v=JEwRcVPxoCE

Hell YES it was. And you posted my boy Greedo. Good taste. Loved RPing as a Rodian bounty hunter in that game. I was so pissed off I couldn't play as them in TOR. Fucking dropped that shit in character creation.

Attached: SWG.jpg (1280x960, 730K)

Based

It plays just before the battle on Hoth in ESB IIRC

Yes, I found it really fun. The hub world(s) are republic and separatist ships floating in space, and they have all the characters and vehicles inside of them and you can fly between the two.

>No dismemberment
Damnit respawn.

Good taste. Not my favorite but this was probably the most good natured fun I've had in the series.

I didn't realize men of culture still existed on this board. Bounty Hunter was my jam. Its combat aged like milk but I still find it fun today. The only real issue I had with the game was the lives system. Enemies and their health pools didn't come back until game over. It made boss fights really easy sadly.

It did kinda make sense. Dismemberment had always been a key plot point in the movies.

battlefront 1

Why the fuck did Yoda fail to kill Sidious in RotS? I know Sidious was powerful as fuck but Yoda was arguably the greatest jedi to ever live.

why can't i get away from dangan
based, i still think the shadowtroopers from that game were the shit
i remember playing it and reaching the naboo section of the game with an AAT too bad i never got to finish it

Attached: Shadowtrooper_Profile.jpg (256x256, 26K)

Loved that tank in Battlefront and Clone Wars.

Too bad Nu-front 2 fucked its proportions and literally only has one map open enough for it to be worth using.

No user, don't come in here with your facts and logic

>95 weapons
>only 3 unique ones x4 classes + 6 factional = 18
>17 modes
>actually only 10
>other
wtf even is this chart?

The madman

>I don't like those odds!

Remember when a bunch of ent trannies threatened to leave the game if SOE didn't implement a blacklist for repeated non-tippers, and SOE didn't give a shit? Those were the days.

Any good mods for Battlefront 2?

yes

I tried that one
couldn't get it to work for some reason

Too many to list my dude

Attached: ROGER ROGER.webm (1024x576, 2.29M)

Movies, NOT videogames, why should the videogames strictly follow the videogame canon?

I miss some of the maps BF1 had like Bespin and docks. It's great that you can import them into BF2 though.

Top 5 Star Wars games:

1. Jedi Academy
2. KOTOR 2
3. The original Battlefront 2
4. KOTOR 1
5. Republic Commando

Did you try no?

When you finally get the freedom to travel the galaxy in any order you please that's where the real fun begins.

it's one of those games with like thousands and thousands of great mods, so you're better off looking on your own

if you want a mod that pretty much everyone has though, look up the conversion pack mod. it has a shit ton of mods included in it, and it's really good. stuff like the KOTOR era, old BF1 maps, lots and lots of new classes and heroes, new maps, etc.

I started playing ToR last week to get my fix. It's awful as far as MMO's go but I'm having a lot of fun with the class and planet stories. Once I'm done with the Sith Warrior I got 7 more classes to go.

Not a bad deal for 0 dollars.

I can tell they've made it piss easy for the people who just want to play KotOR with lame MMO mechanics. I couldn't die if I tried on "story mode".

If tried to get into it but the MMO shit just kills for it me, it completely ruins the immersion.

Fuck i will forever be mad about them making KotOR 3 an MMO.

Shilling. EAfront 2 has gotten better since launch but the damage to the reputation has already been done

>all those vehicles and yet they’re still just fucking powerups

Do I need to play the first one?

Rogue Squadron, Empire at War and Republic Commando were great games.

Never 4get

web.archive.org/web/20150520010615/http://www.eastarwars.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=5wdxargbj2U

Attached: I-Am-Clone.png (575x575, 471K)

This dude is making a Battlefront 3 mod
moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-iii-legacy

BF1 has Elite Sides

game gets fun 200 hours in

Attached: Count Dooki.png (960x844, 331K)

It would certainly help just to understand the setting, but it isn't necessary. The first game revolves entirely around following in the footsteps of a certain major character, and the second game assumes you already know all about that character and what he did. Might add to the mystique if you don't have that information, but might also just be confusing.
It's depressing but it's hardly even relevant to the previous games anymore since like 400 years have passed. It's more like they skipped a sequel and went straight into a spin-off. A real KotOR III would follow the end of II and send you off into the Unknown Regions to get murdered.

Attached: tumblr_p4y4v1hzsP1sfaav4o1_500.gif (500x281, 464K)

Does the novel Revan count or we just don't talk about that because Drew never played KOTOR 2?

getting the urge to play through the kotor duology... again

NuBattlefront 2 isn't that bad these days.

Attached: nzeewhrk1o831.jpg (500x543, 30K)

>isn't "that bad"
So it's still bad than.

Attached: 1552431247739.png (300x250, 33K)

>you will never go back to those middle school days of having spaceship battles with your brother in Battlefront II
>never go back to just dueling as jedi and sith on the mos eisley stage
>never fight over who gets to be the cool robots and who's stuck as they gay rebels

Attached: 1417287245113.png (315x335, 118K)

The novel counts, unfortunately. Considering it is a direct sequel the games in terms of story it's the closest we've ever gotten to KotOR III
>the best piece of writing in the entire star wars franchise gets finished off in a book

Attached: index.jpg (193x262, 9K)

>the best piece of writing in the entire star wars franchise gets finished off in a book
I wasn't aware Empire Strikes Back had a novel sequel.

Not a great game, but it was an odd and quirky action adventure sort that I rather liked. WHo you gonna murder next mister?

Ah the Prototype Battlefront from Pandemic (RiP you beautiful developers)

Vidya wun ava di dava dundra.
Num DUGSAAA!
Vidya wun ava di dava dundra... lecto tundra!
Tsubidum tashra akumenda.
LECTO TUNDRA!
Vidya wun ava di dava dundra... akumenda!

Attached: AnIthorian.jpg (438x510, 40K)

man fuck Czerka

yeah, where they're looking for luke and han in the snowspeeders. it also plays while they're escaping from bespin. the main theme of SotE is from the ESB soundtrack as well, but doesn't actually appear anywhere in the film

KOTOR 2
KOTOR 1 was boring

Attached: Screenshot (162).png (800x600, 402K)

Is the Battlefront II reboot worth playing?

It was shit at launch but they made it better over time. I hate EA but I enjoy it. It's only good if you play online against other people though. They stripped down the instant action bots mode so it's absolute garbage. But the epic battles and scenery make my PP hard.