In your opinion, what is the better device right now. A hacked vita or hacked switch?

In your opinion, what is the better device right now. A hacked vita or hacked switch?

take into account

>games
>homebrew
>emulation
>portability
>battery
>resolution / screen type

I gotta give the edge to nintendo switch. both are excellent handhelds and leagues above the previous generation. Having a portable n64/dreamcast is a nice extra touch and I don't think Vitas power combined with lack of support can match

Attached: vsw_compare.jpg (800x560, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
pastebin.com/RR8hCg5K
switch.homebrew.guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

can we take non-portability into account? you can't play 4 player vita unless you have 4 vitas

i own a psp with cfw, a psvita with an sd2vita and 128gb of microsd, enso and i still prefer my switch

why tf would anybody prefer a . hacked vita? yeah it's easy and risk free but cmon

>switch
>fuck you poor nigro
>fuck you poor nigro
>switch lite
>switch
>switch

It's really as simple as do you want Playstation or Nintendo games
Vita have all PS1, PSP, Vita games, and some PS2 and PS3 ports
Switch has Switch games, Wii U ports, and emulation up to N64
Either one does the usual collection of emulators just fine too

and my switch isn't even hacked.

I was going to buy either a vita or switch but realised how silly a vita is even hacked, and how stupid buying a switch which can't be hacked is (if you don't want to play Bing Bing wahoo games), I was about to give up but a vulnerable one popped up recently in mint condition for cheap so I bought that instead

>games
Switch
>homebrew
Switch
>emulation
Switch
>portability
Vita. Barely.
>battery
Vita.
>resolution
Switch
>screen type
Vita

Get a switch. Fuck Vita.

What do you want to play ?
If you like colourful kid stuff and weird games from Nippon + somewhat working 3rd party ports of 10year old games, then go switch.
A vita will be hacked either way so it's not like it matters, the hardware is worse (older) but feels better/lighter, only down side is there aren't any games specifically for the vita except like 5 - everything else is either PS1 port, PSP port or what you get from emulating.
Unhacked switch is worth it if you will play the games, a hackable one is wayyy harder to find then a non hackable in good condition (non cum encrusted and water damaged)
If you can find a cheap hackable switch in good condition then go for it, vita if you really want to play on a vita and don't want to spend the extra cash on a switch/can't find a vulnerable one

Attached: 71888188_p0.png (1695x1500, 1.03M)

Games wise Switch is better, and so is the resolution. Vita's OLED screen is obviously better. Don't know much about emulation, I would hazard a guess that emulation is easier on Switch. It's usually easier to hack Nintendo systems. Not sure about homebrew. Portability it's Vita, battery it's Vita.

I would say it's a tie.

How easy it is to find a hackable Switch?

I know its based on serial numbers but that would imply that one has to look a ton of Switch boxes which is impossible in some stores.

>store

Attached: _107875191_claverhamimage.jpg (624x351, 35K)

>games
switch, though it's closer competition than you would initiallly think. vita plays psp natively too
>homebrew
switch, easily. you are pretty much guaranteed to fuck something up or have some odd issue while hacking your vita, while pretty much any nintendo console has been made braindead easy to hack. also nintendo consoles have a bigger and more dedicated scene.
>emulation
this is a no-brainer. switch has more power. vita still is alright though, and does everything before 5th gen just as well as any other platform
>portability
also a no-brainer. vita is smaller and the screen isnt nearly as easy to scratch.
>battery
vita. most switch games are very hard on the battery
>resolution/screen type
debatable. it's really a competition between the oriinal vitas and the switch. the oled vitas have gorgeous colors but the switch has a higher resolution. only clear loser is the vita slim

as someone with a hacked switch and a hacked vita (slim), i actually prefer my vita. joycons are dogshit compared to vita's buttons and sticks. switch is also too big to carry around without looking like a retard compared to vita which i can just have in my pocket. the battery life and psp games are also a big factor in this. oh, and the switch is an embarassingly fragile piece of shit for nintendo hardware.
hoping the switch lite is decent

Hacking my Vita was completely fucking pointless because the only thing it does my PSP couldn't do is Vita games, of which there's literally nothing of value.

at this point you're better off buying one used. ask around to see if they have a copy of their receipt or something so they can show you a date. Earlier the better

the OLED screen is sexy

>implying everyone on earth hasn't played ever PSP Game that's worth playing
You can't just lump PSP and vita games together, might aswell get papa for $10 instead

NO REDMAN
YOU CAN'T

>Papa
Lmao, meant psp

I really hope that isn't your vita man, why would you make playing games in public even more embarrassing?

Attached: 1563135271660.jpg (450x470, 42K)

Yeah it's great for playing Jak and Daxter in 15 FPS.

>You can't
You mean find a good vulnerable switch ? You would be surprised how many Asian and women take good care of their hardware and sell em at reasonable prices + don't know anything about hacking
Just go to like Craigslist or whatever the local ameritard alternative is, or fb market is good too - mom selling her retarded child's switch cuz he didn't get an A in math

Hacked PSP

switch, no shit.
why are vita bros so delusional?

Attached: untitled3.png (494x809, 472K)

wasnt there a live action reboot tvshow/film recently ?

>hacked PSP
hacked 3DS

>even less playable games

>psp running SNES properly
>psp running DS and 3DS games
heh

are you literally retarded ?

Attached: 1563044544325.jpg (618x391, 52K)

Which one best supports 3ds roms?

I have both PSP and 3DS and they are both great consoles but 3DS is the best. Sorry bro.

Switch by a mile. Vita doesn't even run the games it has particularly well. For all the Switch's problems with resolution it's actually surprisingly rare to find a game running 15-20fps like nearly every Vita JRPG

but the vita does everything the PSP does + more

>Vita
Games.
>Switch
No games.

> + more
you have to ask yourself, is that really worth the extra $100 + you will drop on a Vita2000, or more if you buy a 1000 in good condition + anywhere between $40-100 for a fucking memory stick
Just get a used Switch for that much, or better yet buy a PSP for $10 if you want to play psp games

What's a better console?
Vita or 3DS?

Vita has SD card adapters now that work on hacked units but anyone that has held off on a Vita this long either wouldn't care for its library or has already played 95% of the things it has on other platforms by now so I'd still probably suggest a PSP over it.

A console should be judged by it's Library, and in thay case the 3DS wins out

I got a Vita for free with a mobile phone years ago and still only have 3 games + FF7 digitally on it. It's incredibly niche even now.

>n64

can the switch emulated the PS1 yet?

you're going to regret it in 5 years when those OLED versions jump to $250 a pop

Yes, i will regret *pfft ... i will regr *laughs .. *breats in and out ... i will regret playing ALL of those great games that vita had to offer

3DS in every way but specs

you aren't a real gamer if you haven't jail broken your switch and vita

3DS is the best because it has Etrian Odyssey

Attached: 1484439555717.gif (199x236, 1.81M)

>Games: Switch
>Homebrew:Switch
>Emulation:Switch
>Portability:Vita
>Battery:Vita
>Resolution / Screen Type: Switch (Vita 1000 if you care THAT much for OLED)

There are a few caveats to this, though. The Vita, although it has less games, it has a few quality gems that are very worthwhile (most of Vanillaware's catalogue, Dungeon Travelers 2). The Vita is also way better designed than the Switch on a comfort level, and its analogue sticks don't go apeshit after a few years of use. It's also cheaper, right now; but it's also dead.

Do you own any other console
>No
Switch
>Yes
Buy a normal PSP or 3DS

3DS no doubts. Even if its own library is not that good, the DS is one of the best consoles ever made full stop, easily the best handheld.

3ds easily

I hated my 3DS XL and loved my Vita (i dont have either of them now since i sold them), the games felt like shit to me on the DS and the vita just felt better and games werent too kiddy
But i see why people would think otherwise, especially since most of the games i played where ports on the vita

Vita is one of the easiest modern consoles to homebrew. It's even easier than the Wii imo.
t. faggot with homebrewed Vita, PSP, Wii and Switch

Vita can barely emulate for shit other than the psp, and has a minuscule amount of games. Some Switch emulators work ok, I've seen, it just has more games though.

Why do people praise DS's library?

Attached: 31I-KtM9h9L._SX342_[1].jpg (342x326, 11K)

Cause it's good.

Can someone reply? how does N64 emulation run on the switch? iv'e been dreaming of portable N64 games since the original DS but I found a lot of the N64 ports to be kinda lackluster in comparison to the originals. How well can a hacked switch run rareware titles especially?

Attached: blastnig.jpg (249x294, 13K)

This tbqh pham

The only argument against the 3DS is "muh screen res"

An old compatibility list says that if you do slight overclocks to the console most things run well. Might be better as of now.

I never got why people called the Vita a port machine, when the 3DS has just as many ports, if not more.
>MGS3
>OoT
>MM
>Star Fox 64
>Radiant Historia
>Tales of the Abyss
>DQ7
>DQ8
>DQ Monsters
>Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
>DKCR
>Xenoblade (which requires N3DS)
>Mario & Luigi
>Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
>Luigi's Mansion
>SMT Devil Survivor
>SMT Devil Survivor 2
>SMT Soul Hackers
>SSF4
>Rayman 2
>Kirby's Epic Yarn
There's probably more that I'm forgetting, but it seems like 3DS gets a pass for having a shitload of ports, yet the Vita is vilified.

It's okay when Nintendo does it

Ah, come on, Soul Hackers doesn't count.

Regardless, the truth of the matter is that all portable consoles are bound to be port collectors. It's just a matter of whether a lot of people are up to shitpost or not that the console is called "a port machine". The Vita also had a thinner layer of exclusive games to hide the thick of the library.

3DS had some good first and third party games and those ports, Vita had okay exclusives that later got ported to other platforms and a ton of poor performing multiplat ports that kept coming and kept getting worse as time went on.
There wasn't really any stand out or system seller for Vita, and the closest thing it ever had to one was P4G: and enhanced PS2 port.

Switch will be better for the long term. Homebrew for is still in it's infancy though, so right now is a tougher decision. I'd still probably go with the switch if you don't mind the size since it's more powerful.

hacked vita

The hacked vita has: ps1 games

So vita for me.

Is it possible to hack a Switch and not get banned from online and the eShop? I just want emulators.

Yes. Set up emunand for homebrew/emulation/piracy. It's basically dualboot. You can boot into your sysnand that's free of hacks and you can still play your legit games online, then you can boot into emunand whenever you want to play your pirated games.

>while pretty much any nintendo console has been made braindead easy to hack. also nintendo consoles have a bigger and more dedicated scene.

I gotta agree with this. Switch hacking was one of the easiest things I've ever done, once you get RCM jig working.

Is there a guide online, like, to show me how to do this shit from beginning to end, with an emunand setup? I'm worried about bricking my Switch.

OLED is good, but also there are PSP games that can be mapped to use second analog where it normally wouldn't be possible. MHFU is a perfect example, and is literally the best experience you can have on a handheld with that game. Of course PPSSPP is better, but it isn't as comfortable on a phone (even with controllers) as a vita.

Vita hacking was literally just going to a website in the web browser. How is Switch hacking considered easier?

Follow this in regards to getting emunand set up: nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
Follow these in regards to actually running CFW: pastebin.com/RR8hCg5K switch.homebrew.guide/