Honest thoughts on the Metroid Prime trilogy, Yea Forums?

Honest thoughts on the Metroid Prime trilogy, Yea Forums?

Attached: Metroid Prime.jpg (640x908, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1 is a masterpiece, 2 is amazing, 3 is solidly great.

Prime 1 is too busy memeing SuperMetroid/Unreal crossover; Prime 2 capitalizes on and pushes everything actually novel in Prime 1 to the point where Metroids themselves end up with no story significance whatsoever and have basically no relation to the gist of the game; Prime 3 is completely tried and unnecessary.

So, there, Prime 2 is the actually interestingly made one, but it's barely more of a Metroid game, than Hollow Knight is. Like, Prime 1 has no real identity, Prime 2 has identity of the "whatever my identity actually is, it sure as fuck isn't any preceding Metroid game" sort.

In other words, one of the arguably main Prime 2's points is that it simply is what it is, a fact - that such a game, in this form, apparently exists.

With you, the player, being free to interprete said fact, and to form whatever opinions you happen to have in relation to your actual experience of playing this game, as you goddamm merrily please.

it makes 2dbabies mad likeso they are based.

It's quake clone garbage

best trilogy in gaming. Even with prime 3 being dragged down by stupid halo shit, it's still a fantastic game. Goes to show how fantastically retro implemented the formula in 3D

I actually really like 2, am okay with 1 and can live with 3, so, it appears, I am not mad after all.

Well, they had console Powerslave and Turok 2 to learn from.

yup, turok was a blast. Don't know about powerslave. I don't know if retro had any employees who worked on it like turok

to this day it still has some of the best level design in any 3d games, sanctuary fortress is easily one of the best areas in any game ever

amazing artstyle and sound design too, and even if some sacrifices had to be made in the transition, still the best examples of what a 3d metroid can be

Attached: 1510968088491.png (1024x384, 367K)

you posted the same shit on /vr/ and got btfo.

metroidvanias are all so fucking boring, just give me a normal platformer where you winby getting better not by getting item that make kill enemy easier and get item that make me go place me could not go before

I wish it was on PC so I could actually play Metroid Prime instead of magnetic whack-a-mole.

imagine being too dumb to use dolphin

1 is GOAT 2 is pretty good, 3 is hot garbage

Prime 1 is one of my favorite games ever
Prime 3 is something I enjoyed over time
Prime 2 is a game that I want to like but I really just don't.

For MP1 and 2: slow movement, dumb combat, terrible backtracking, terrible heyhunts, shit controls, retarded ammo system, overhyped Quadraxis boss fight and fuck Chozo ghosts and their counterpart in MP2.
Overrated as shit series, Metroid 2D was always better. Nice graphics and art style tho.

1 is amazing, 2 is only worth playing for Dark, Quadraxis, and Spider Guardian. Haven't played 3.

>magnetic whack-a-mole

Holy fuck I'm gonna have to use that sometime.

Attached: guess we have to make our own.png (800x600, 766K)

1 is a perfect game, 2 is bland and the bosses are obnoxious, 3 has shit pacing, annoying wii gimmicks, and too much story focus.

>Spider Guardian
>good
Yep, primefags are truly the most retarded fanbase, even worse than DMCfags

3 is my 3rd favorite game.
Also BOOST GUARDIAN

2 is my favorite

prime 2 is my favorite game of all time, masterpiece. imagine if it wasn't rushed and even better

Attached: faust.jpg (249x246, 12K)

I like combat, not exploration, so I never played any of them.

lol casual filtered

Boost Guardian is a motherfucker I couldn't believe it even made the cut. That being said I really appreciated MP2's difficulty. MP1 was a bit easy and 2 was almost exactly what I wanted out of a sequel.

>MP1
my literal favorite videogame. I make a point to replay it at least once a year.
>MP2
Solid title. Amazing sound design and art direction. Sanctuary Fortress is in my opinion the best designed level in the series. The radial menu shit, while stylish and unique, was annoying to navigate.
>MP3
Decent game, best controls and gameplay feel by a mile (being able to strafe and aim freely was very nice, and made walking around feel more natural). lack of beam switching made me sad. Aside from that, i felt like the game's pacing and overall focus was soured by the multiple worlds, rather than uplifted. Each individual world has the potential to be really great, and has the makings of an entire planet i'd like to explore and learn the lore of, but then i get shoved off to another planet to do something else. Every concept was used and repurposed, but never to the full potential. motion gimmick is and was annoying, but ripping shields off was always satisfying for me.

>Spider Guardian
>Boost Guardian
>Hard
Plebs, they aren't hard at all. Even on the gamecube. Spider guardian just requires patience. You have enough time, and if you don't move while placing bombs, you're jumps will never fail. The boost guardian is also easy, just spam the strafe jump and if you're hurt get him to smash a pillar and it'll drop a +100 health unit.

>falling for ACfag
You guys are retarded.

>starts shit with 2D Metroid fans
>starts shit with Halo fans
>falls for ACfag's baits
You wonder why no one likes Prime fans.

Play it with mouse and keyboard, anons
youtube.com/watch?v=lZJm7TrEr5I

>MP1
Solid game through and through.
>MP2
Some interesting ideas but the second half really drags.
>MP3
Boring, soulless trash.

My expectations for MP4 are extremely low.

>second half really drags
prime 2's best parts are in the second half

Prime 2 unironically is the best rendition of the light/dark world theme. Every second in the echo dimension felt dangerous and you never felt so alone knowing that you are the only human being in that entire universe.

Attached: other_world.jpg (1362x616, 301K)

>1
utter vidyakino
>2
starts a little slow (first couple areas are really unremarkable), picks up towards the middle, sags towards the end
>3
decent

FUCK

Attached: 371.png (557x605, 143K)

TUBES

/thread