Your Turn To Die

>another Danganronpa/Zero Escape-esque game
>some people are kidnapped and trapped somewhere and must succeed some trials to not die
>at the end of the chapter, there's a debate + vote, the one with the most votes gets executed

What does Yea Forums think of Your Turn to Die ?

Attached: D76pGD6UwAAqBU3.png (816x624, 757K)

Looks interesting, I'm leaving this thread now so I can't get spoiled

If you had said that there was a loli peeing her pants by the end of chapter one you'd have convinced most of Yea Forums right away.

this

Fine enough. The game is kinda easy (I don't want to spend too much time thinking about puzzles in visual novels so it's a plus for me), most of the characters are cool enough, there's some kind of spoopy vibes and that kinda works.
Only big disappointment imo is one character in particular namely Sou, which is a total asshole and clear antagonist in the beginning and becomes terrified and somehow trustworthy in the second chapter without any reason, but we might know more when the last chapter gets released.

I like it, artstyle is pretty charming

Kai is pure and is probably the nicest person with Joe in the cast.
Having said that it's great. Sometimes it drags but overall it's just a well crafted game with a great cast.
Q-Taro and Alice are meh though.

It gets really good in chapter 2 imo, because you can actually make different choices, have different interactions with characters, and even different paths depending on who you choose to keep alive.

Already can tell this Joe guy is doomed to die early. Does anyone know the update rate of this as it's only up to 2-2 so far it seems.

So far it seems half-chapters are uploaded each six months. I don't know when was the last update though.

I think the game is pretty great. I'm excited for the ending, and hoping it isn't fucking shit.

>only four girls
>one is a kid pissing her pants
>one is the protagonist so you barely see them

Disappointing

Attached: Reko_Yabusame.png (811x615, 181K)

I like seeing cute girls suffer psychically

Who needs more girls when you have Reko

I'm straight and I want to have gay sex with Keiji.

Most of the floormasters are girls though.

I think we all know who best girl is.

Attached: nao.png (239x413, 241K)

I don't get the comparison to Danganronpa. Danganronpas a murder mystery while Zero Escape is a puzzle game. YTTD is just puzzles.

>namely Sou, which is a total asshole and clear antagonist in the beginning and becomes terrified and somehow trustworthy in the second chapter without any reason, but we might know more when the last chapter gets released.
Did you miss where its found out why he was acting that way? Jealousy of Sara due to her actions and her high percent. Him trying to remake himself and act differently fueled by fear of his 0% chance survival and jealously of Sara's popularity and high percent chance. Thing is in chapter 2 he finally started getting fucked and betrayed a lot.

Are Japanese girls really named "Sara" lol

The look he gives you when you bad end everyone at the end of chapter 2

>that art
That's gonna me a yikes from me.

>bad end
Nao deserves to live more than anyone.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Get off your high horse.

Get taste.

How would you shake up the formula to breath new life into this subgenre of detective games?

>implying he wouldnt do the same in that situation
Gashu really just fucked her over, the trading phase was made basically pointless because of his shit.

>go in expecting a knock off danganronpa
>it's better than it
Enjoyable and well done geimu

Attached: oldman.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

and then the absolute madman just kills himself instead of owning up to it

>>at the end of the chapter, there's a debate + vote, the one with the most votes gets executed
this I mind less, because how are you to establish when a murder plan has been "unveiled"? With that kind of environment you either get a confession or take a shot in the dark, without the vote there's no system to go from "I figured it out" to the sentencing.

Danganronpa doesn't really set a high bar.

He killed himself just to make sure she was fucked, there really is no other purpose he could have had that I saw. Especially since he went out of his way to make her the sacrifice.

I wish Sou had survived to the final chapter and not in an obvious bad end route.

Tierlist of VN-/Detective games
>GOD TIER
DR2
Your Turn To Die
>GREAT TIER
AA1
AA3
VLR
DRv3

Rest doesnt even matter.

>bad end
How? The only bad end is the one with Nao. The game doesn't end if Sou survives.

The thing is there's also a twist to the votes.
Each character gets assigned a secret role : one keymaster, one sacrifice, one sage and the rest are commoners.
If the keymaster is chosen, everyone dies.
If the sacrifice isn't chosen, he dies (yes, that means there's always at least two deaths), but if he's chosen, everyone but him and a person of his choice dies.
The sage knows who's the keymaster.
Commoners don't have anything special.
Discussions are about trying to avoid voting for the keymaster or the sacrifice as it makes everybody die, so they also try to discover each person's secret roles.

>danganronpa ever being a detective game
their dating sim visual novels.

so we've got Epic Mafia rules now

It just seems like the bad route compared to the one he dies in.

But Sou surviving clearly isn't the best path. He bear strong resentment for everyone and Sara, is totally broken, and you get a Joe hallucination in which Sara is accused of killing yet another innocent victim. Choosing Sou makes appear a memory of Joe and lets her make peace with her ghosts.

I'm writing a detective VN myself inspired from all the fun ones I've played (Capcom, Spike-Chunsoft, etc). I'm trying to have a good blend of unique mechanics and themes but also retread on many touched on before. Any advice or suggestions of things you would/wouldn't want to see in another one of these games? Tell me if there's something you wanted to see played out that's never been done before, or if there's a constant you want to see go.

>Tell me if there's something you wanted to see played out that's never been done before, or if there's a constant you want to see go.
Danganronpa never had reverse trials where you're trying to hide the truth from everyone, even when they could've last minute asspulled it with somebody else killing the victim in confusion.

Add stupid minigames like hangman gambit.

Can this be played solely with a mouse?

Yes

good point

Attached: 1474947204910.png (1000x779, 282K)

that sounds pretty chill, actually. I entertianed the notion of a game where you are the mastermind the whole time, and the object is to push people to murder, sometimes murder yourself, and frame other people. You get access to security cameras for additional intel, but you also have to manage not blowing your own cover simultaneously as you backstab everyone.. That's for a different game, but just to test the waters maybe I should try and design a case to implement this sooner.
kinda already in the works. I've got in-trial segments and out of trial segments. For in-trial, I wanted the minigames to be more logic and deduction based to follow suit with the rest of the trial. They follow more like Ace Attorney magatama/bracelet/mood matrix gimmicks, while the out of trial segments are minigames introduced by the other characters that fit their personalities. (For example, a hunting/tracking minigame with a ranger character, a minigame about finding weaknesses in building structures for an engineer, etc)

has this been fully TRed yet?

What we have seems to be all that is released so far.

>another

Nigga theres not enough games like that.
Danganronpa/Zero Escape should be relatively easy games to make fangames of, and yet theres barely any.

Keiji is just Kirigiri and Carlos from ZTD's lovechild
>Chad
>Detective
>Older man
>Hits on girls younger than him
>"TELL EM SARA"

The people with the skills to draw the artwork required or make a decent enough mini-game are not good writers, but will also have too much ego to let someone who can write take the wheel.

this. I can code and I can try to write, but god knows good looking art is out of my league. I actually don;t know if I should just draw it myself and try to make it stylized, or bite the bullet and clam up a pretty penny to hire someone.

Commission some Brazilian artists and there you go.

are they really that much cheaper? I figured since everything's online these days, the art economy worked on global figures

I can draw, and I can even simulate Danganronpa art as its pretty simple, but I never tried coming up with what would happen in every chapter like murders and stuff.
That part I feel like I can come up with something, but coding is still beyond me sadly, so I have no idea how I would make the minigames.

>have to put hands on a clock
>digital clock says 28:75

I've hit a wall

are they making you carry it over since it cycles? So 28:75 is (24:60+4:15)=5:15?

Ah so it is. I got the 4 part, but I wasn't carrying the 1 from the seconds.

I'd be interested to see your work. got somewhere you can link me?

good shit. Was the clock in base 24h or 12? Because that technically could alter the answer.

Relatively easy is still a huge project. It's not too difficult to shit out a dating sim in a short amount of time (I've done one for a gamejam before), but making a good mystery game takes a lot of pre-planning and polish, which can be pretty tough to even settle on the initial direction.
And that's just writing, never mind all the other aspects. A 16 character cast like Danganronpa means a lot of sprites are needed, especially if you want them to look expressive. There's a reason that if you look closely at the v3 sprites, you can find a ton of errors between poses where the artist was rushing to save as much time as possible, because it's a massive workload.

There's a ton of DR fangame projects out there that have been started up, but the majority of them are just people who list a cast with talents, and start asking for voice actors and artists to help them. They're started by people who don't understand the workload and give up pretty quickly.
There's a couple of dedicated projects out there though but they're a mixed bag.
I'm trying my best with my own project, but I don't want to actually announce it before I'm sure it'll come to fruition.

They usually charge 1/3 of the norm.

fuck me, that's a markdown.