Why does everyone pretend to hate this character...

Why does everyone pretend to hate this character? He comes from the best JRPG of all time (as voted on by Famitsu readers), has a massive fanbase and he's not even top tier. Hating popular things doesn't make you interesting, you know.

Attached: Joker_and_Arsene_SSBU.png (746x746, 584K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgsite.net/news/5825-read-what-japanese-gamers-wrote-on-the-top-20-of-famitsu-s-best-rpg-poll
gameinformer.com/2019/04/22/chrono-trigger-voted-best-video-game-of-outgoing-era-in-japan
youtu.be/7uVL5Rak_C8
youtube.com/watch?v=NGgs8-ELsEg
youtu.be/Ie78QvT5atQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People fell for the "[character] needs to have an important legacy and relation with nintendo" meme even though Cloud and Bayonetta are already in.

Because hes fast as fuck and his counter is off the same timer as the rest of them. And it's a reflector.

>Why does everyone pretend to hate this character?
because he's not g*no.

Attached: 1535829566929.png (512x512, 20K)

Its not fair bros
It was Flynn's turn

Attached: 1432335020143.gif (524x301, 1.93M)

People pretend he's anime when he's not. He's based on the classic phantom thief archetype, specifically Arsene Lupin. You can't compare him to Cloud and the Marthoids.

Wait, Famitsu readers voted for Persona 5 as the best JRPG of all time, or the Persona franchise?

Because Mkleo won a few majors with him, which means that there is no way to defeat him and that hes op like bayonetta :^)

>rpgsite.net/news/5825-read-what-japanese-gamers-wrote-on-the-top-20-of-famitsu-s-best-rpg-poll
>FF15 at 10th spot
I... what?

Persona 5

>best JRPG of all time
But that's not Chrono Trigger

Yeah, I found the poll It's such a weird list but you can tell it's a decent mixture of older players and newer players. I've seen worse lists.

>nier automata above nier
what the fuck

Sorry boomer, but Famitsu readers have made their opinions clear. 1.5 million people can't be wrong.

hey y`all mind if i just completely shit on this alleged smash thread

because that's /vg/ material
have fun cunts

But you just described King K. Rool

It can be if all the older people with taste didn't bother to write in anymore.
P5 has too many writing flaws to be considered the best of a genre that sort of depends on writing to give meaning to its mechanics

>Hating popular things doesn't make you interesting
This is the absolute worst fucking argument out there. It implies you can't dislike things because retards think you're just doing it to be contrarian and not because you have actual issues with it, so they dismiss those issues with "stop disliking what I like".

If you read the article, even those in their 30s and beyond voted for P5.
What's to dislike about P5 user?

epic butt

But only about 2300 votes were valid and used.
I wonder if it would do as well if they had a poll today.

Rool's only works in front though

>he's not even top tier
Yes he is

>he's not even top tier
Why would you lie on the internet?

Persona 5 sucks, play more JRPGS.
Even 3 and 4 are better.

Not even him, but you mean other than the shit writting, horrible characters, re-used copy pasted formula since P3 and the most uninspired cast ensemble to date?

It's somehow MORE handholdy than Persona 4, for starters.

If Famitsu made a new poll, I honestly think XB1 would be knocked of the list and XB2 would get in instead.

He punishes you for winning, constantly forces you to tech and has PK fire.

Ah I see, so the only people who dislike P5 are salty fanboys of the older games. Got it.

Morgana

But Eiha works nothing like PK fire.

Persona isn't a good jrpg series to begin with, It's extremely entry level and filled to the brim with jrpg and anime tropes people love to say they hate. Persona 5 manages to take all of those and put it into a single entry.
Play more JRPGs.

Why play more JRPGs if you've already played the best and it's only downhill from there?

Attached: dbd7wks-8335f1a1-d4a3-4935-8234-046d28231716.jpg (599x685, 70K)

Because nintendofags are still made that they didn't get P5 and skilled players like MKLeo can mop the floor with everyone with joker.

The same reason you continue to strive for better things.
Because you can.

Don't listen to them, Persona 5 is the best JRPG and the best in the Persona series, I've played all the Persona games. The only games that come close are SMT IV, DQXI, and FFX and FFVII.

Yeah, it's a lot easier to land and you can't DI out of it. He has a common thing that a lot of characters that try to draw hype from their gameplay have, is that every minor thing is stacked in their favor by design because of devs overthinking. It leads to a character with no clear weaknesses.

Attached: 1562894160308.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

Famitsu voting P5 as number 1 is indicative of how good it really is. Westerners don't have the taste to know what makes a good JRPG because to them the genre is only good if it's full of edgy, subversive crap. Westerners only like games if they have heavyhanded political messages, which P5 lacks. Instead it brings to the table a slick art style, a jammin' OST, memorable characters and a calendar cycle that never gets old. Japanese gamers have better taste, so their opinions on what makes a good RPG are more trustworthy than the West.

Attached: 13f5853e169a1aaaac3b6f07ffcd4764.jpg (579x819, 75K)

But it only had 2300 votes in total. Seems kind of low for Japan.
I have yet to play Persona 5, but I would like to. Ann is cute.

Based and P5pilled

Style over substance is not a good thing user

Ann is very cute. You should play it.

Attached: Ann.jpg (570x609, 278K)

I don't hate him. I just wish he had a Flynn alt

But P5 has plenty of substance. You're entitled to not like it, but that makes you wrong. Vegans don't like meat and homosexuals don't like women, do you want to join them in objective wrongness?

i'd rather have pic related than flynn.

Attached: jokers.png (319x177, 62K)

The issue I'm having is that I know they are releasing a definitive version on the PS4 with new content.
I really don't want to buy a PS4 and I feel like the knowledge of missing out content would ruin a playthrough on PS3 for me.

P5 has substance in droves. It has a lot of good societal commentary if you actually pay attention to it.

>you're objectively wrong
Imagine being this far up your own ass

because he's a boring, faggy """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""character""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" from a glorified VN.

No that won't come out in English for nearly a year, play the original now on PS3 since the new content will change the game from the ground up anyway so you will have a very different experience with P5 Royal.

It's (Shin) Megami Tensei franchise, which started on (S)NES. It being unincluded until this point was strange to say the least, and don't lie to ourselves, P5 is the biggest entry and Ultimate came out in the high point for it. You could argue for or against other reps like Jack Frost or protags, but the place is rightful.
t. fatlus

Attached: 1528384137471.png (353x334, 187K)

Boring? How so. He has a cool design, unique moveset and interesting backstory. You must have him confused with the Fire Emblem characters?
What do you mean?

>Why does everyone pretend to hate this character? He comes from the best JRPG of all time (as voted on by Famitsu readers), has a massive fanbase and he's not even top tier. Hating popular things doesn't make you interesting, you know.

Attached: 1561275617670.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

Because people feel like Joker's inclusion took away the chance for their stupid pick to get in.

Persona is overrated
The quality drops after Futaba's palace

Attached: 1562062540705.png (1024x788, 1.61M)

I'll keep that in mind. I won't play it yet, since FE 3H is just around the corner, but you've made me decide to play it.
I mostly hear good things about it apart from some writing related issues. But people keep saying XB2 is shit too while I loved it through and through.

Says who? You mean all 5 salty SMT fans and nonsuccessful jrpgs that those fans wished were as big as P5. If anything Dragon Quest is getting shit on hard. Which honestly was expected from the West.

>Boring? How so. He has a cool design, unique moveset and interesting backstory. You must have him confused with the Fire Emblem characters?

play more rpgs faggot. you clearly do not know what a good character is.

Once again, why play more of the genre when you've already played the best one? You're only going down from there.

From what I know of XB2 you'll like P5 if you like that. You should play it as soon as possible though, also a lot of elements of FE3H are taking heavy inspiration from P5 so it would be good to play that first to see its influence on it.

>the best one
ROFL

Famitsu readers actually voted Chrono Trigger as the best game of all time a few months back.

So what do you consider a better JRPG then user?

Trails in the Sky the 3rd.
Xenoblade 1.

Don't even compare Xenocringe 2 to Purseowner 5.

He comes from a animu artstyled dating sim about high schoolers doing paranormal things, it’s kinda hard for people who aren’t weebs to not hate it especially the self insert harem MC

Three houses is taking inspiration from Persona 5
Holy shit play more Video Games

Attached: 1522304093194.jpg (524x604, 109K)

>absolute meme games
LMAO

1. His appearance is fucking boring. You could tell me he is from Fire Emblem and I would believe it, he has the same exact facial structure as every other boring, worthless anime character in the game. His outfit is so dumb only a Redditor would find it cool. And of course, they had to give him a (tiny) sword.

2. He has above average speed, numerous disjoints and top-tier frame data. Combine all this and fighting him is a chore because he's comfortable literally everywhere on or off the stage. Never mind the gimp shenanigans you can pull with gun, none of which are risky or difficult to pull off.

3. Every ten seconds he receives Ganondorf-level power on every attack for no real reason, a buff to his recovery and a better projectile. This happens if he uses his counter (which isn't difficult at all, there's no punishment for somehow mispredicting it) or if you do damage, effectively punishing you for playing the video game.

Overall he's everything wrong with a $5 DLC character. He outshines well over 90% of the cast.

Attached: 1554187571926.jpg (490x490, 88K)

But you just described Fire Emblem, not Persona.

A disgaea ripoff and a better game then the newest installment. Not bad.

T.Persona 5 fan

>you're in a school with a calendar system where you can get into relationships with people
>characters and character portraits that look just like Persona characters
It's directly taking from Persona

Cloud and Bayonetta? How about Snake, the VERY FIRST third party added, whose Nintendo legacy consists of:
>NES port of the original
>non-canon NES sequel
>non-canon GBC game
>Gamecube remake
>3DS remake
While all of the actual big installments of the series are nowhere to be seen. And yet, the "Nintendo relation" meme somehow wasn't killed before it could grow.

Who'd you want then?

>1. His appearance is fucking boring. You could tell me he is from Fire Emblem and I would believe it, he has the same exact facial structure as every other boring, worthless anime character in the game. His outfit is so dumb only a Redditor would find it cool. And of course, they had to give him a (tiny) sword.

This is so wrong I don't even know where to start. Joker's design is based on the classic phantom thief archetype but with a modern twist. That's nothing like the boring isekai fantasy crap from Fire Emblem and you know it. Stop being contrarian. And if you consider a knife to be a sword, I hope you consider Wolf's claws and Dedede's hammer swords too.

>2. He has above average speed, numerous disjoints and top-tier frame data. Combine all this and fighting him is a chore because he's comfortable literally everywhere on or off the stage. Never mind the gimp shenanigans you can pull with gun, none of which are risky or difficult to pull off.

He has exactly 3 disjoints, everything else is honest. And since he's a lightweight, he dies quickly if he gets hit and has no defensive options.

>3. Every ten seconds he receives Ganondorf-level power on every attack for no real reason, a buff to his recovery and a better projectile. This happens if he uses his counter (which isn't difficult at all, there's no punishment for somehow mispredicting it) or if you do damage, effectively punishing you for playing the video game.

So then kill him before he gets Arsene. It's not hard if you're not shit.

>can’t pocket gun bullets
>can’t pocket eiha/eigha

Attached: DEA84532-68AE-49DE-8747-EB4A123FF851.gif (500x246, 1.36M)

>trails 3rd
At least say SC come on

>has a massive fanbase
how? he's a literal self-insert character. He has zero personality and his design is literally an all-black trenchcoat wearing edgelord

Then where is the non-persona content? I wouldn't hate the addition nearly as much if they didn't completely ignore the rest of megaten

So now its just taken from persona huh?

Again, play more video games, support building as been in fire emblem for years.

I’m a SMTfag and he just literally described Persona. That’s not inherently bad but come on, man.

>1. His appearance is fucking boring. You could tell me he is from Fire Emblem and I would believe it, he has the same exact facial structure as every other boring, worthless anime character in the game. His outfit is so dumb only a Redditor would find it cool. And of course, they had to give him a (tiny) sword.
Are you so blind that you think every anime character looks the same? Fire Emblem designs are way too generic to be confused with Joker.
The rest is reeeeing about how he's better than all of your shit characters even though most people don't use him.

FE has Nintendo bias but still isn’t adored by all too much people

shhh. You'll make him cry user. He's not very good at games and his favorite character didn't get in.

>other characters are morw generic so mine isn't generic
No retard, he's just as generic, if not more.
Least some of the Fire Emblos have armor.

Joker’s a super great character & all, I really dug Persona 5, and I’m really glad he’s in, but if people are pissed cause of his predominance in tournies, I can understand that. MKLeo’s fist-fucking everyone right now with him, and it gets real boring to watch after a while, that part I can get; nobody wants to watch one hockey team sweep the entire league consistently all season, there needs to be some semblance of evenly-matched teams locking horns. That ain’t really as much Joker’s fault as it is Leo’s for being good, they could nerf Joker to oblivion & Leo’d pick up the next great guy to chokehold people with, it’s an endless cycle.
Everyone who hates Joker for just being here, because he’s from Persona 5, or because he somehow prevented some no-name niche Nintendo character from getting in are hardcore faggots though.

Attached: 2396DA7D-EEF6-4B5F-9EB0-07866851832C.jpg (500x604, 56K)

SMT is the same as Persona but the only difference is discussions surround the endless civil war between lawfags, neutralfags and chaosfags instead of waifufaggotry

Because he's cool. He's basically Batman, putting on the facade of an ordinary kid so he can put on a superhero costume and fight crime. His whole backstory is trying to fight against injustice after being falsely convicted for a crime. Do you see how that can be likable and relatable in the era of MeToo? After men like Vic Mignona and ProJared had their reputations, careers and lives ruined by things like that?

Literally my only issue with him is the wasted potential with his moveset and even then he's okay.

""""generic""""" protagonist

Attached: Joker.jpg (900x1200, 273K)

Any character with a come back mechanic isn't honest.
Even if they're bad or good, they literally have some sort of way to cheese at any point.

All the Fire Emblem characters do nothing but swing their sword. Joker uses a knife for SOME, not all, of his moves, has the only realistic gun in the game, has a magical spirit that fights alongside him, can use dark magic, grappling hooks, stealth attacks, acrobatics and a bunch of other shit. This is a false equivalency and you know it.

Nice try but I already got both characters I wanted. You'll have to address my assertion that Joker looks boring, plays boring, is boring to fight and is rather overtuned in order to make people buy him. You won't though.

>Joker's design is based on the classic phantom thief archetype but with a modern twist

No he's not. He has a masquerade mask (which is fine, that's Persona), some kind of leather cuirass-vest thing, slacks tapered like riding trousers, Beatle boots, bright red gloves and a trenchcoat, complete with super popped collar and tuxedo ass-flaps. This is what an underage fedora cretin on Reddit would sketch in his notebook. It looks incredibly stupid, even for a JRPG character. You can argue he "looks like a cat burglar" all you want but literally nothing he wears is associated with thieves.

>He has exactly 3 disjoints, everything else is honest.

All of which he can use to space out neutral, throw out defensively or use to press an attack. They also combo into themselves.

He has options for every spot on (or off) the stage. He can freely chase or be evasive on a whim in a game where most characters can only reliably do one or the other, and not with the same fucking moves. He's incredibly over-tuned because Nintendo is desperate for those $5 microtransactions.

>has no defensive options

Spacing with disjoints, Gun, occasionally throw out his counter. He has plenty of defensive options unless he's such a blundering fucking oaf he lets you get priority in the first place (and even then, good luck keeping him there.)

>kill him before he gets Arsene

"Just kill him in 3 attacks bro"

Attached: 1534557352828.jpg (733x627, 110K)

>generic armorshitters comparable to Soejima's master work

So it's better?

>most people don't use him

Joker is probably the top 3 most-used characters

Bayonetta 2.0

Attached: Dt2LWCOU8AEVKUV.jpg (629x680, 88K)

>Because he's cool.
blank slate anime protags aren't cool
>basically Batman
OMG DAE looove BATMAN, he's sooooo EPIC XDDDD
>fight against injustice
then at the end of the game it's revealed he's played like a fucking fiddle and loses his powers then goes back to being a nobody
>ProJared
lol

There’s still games like Strange Journey but even then, there’s not that much waifufaggotry from SMT games barring stuff like Apocalypse and Devil Survivor 1 and 2. Not saying that the waifu stuff is bad but trying to pretend that it’s not there is dumb.

>Nothing he wears is associated with thieves
You saying something blatantly wrong doesn't stop being blatantly wrong just because you put a wacky reaction image next to it. If you can't even get right, why should I even touch upon the rest of your trash post? Git gud.

Attached: D-T1Ny-UcAAOsUS.jpg (797x1008, 160K)

I'll admit, the shitflinging competition is SMT is miles better than the mindless bullshit of Persona, but it's the same principle

Because MKLeo touches a character and "makes them good" because he's a good player. So he touched Joker and he's good with him, because Joker is a very decent character and Leo is just that good of a player. So Discord zoomers do nothing but complain about how broken Joker is because they saw Leo blow people up on stream. It's completely fucking irrelevant what you feel about it since none of the discord zoomers of average Yea Forums will ever reach top level play in Smash. And if your reply to that is "haha top level in >Smash" then exactly, stay shitposting here and shut the fuck up about who is or isn't "broken" when it literally doesn't matter one way or the other to you people.

It doesn't have to be Flynn, just an SMT alt would have been nice with Jack Frost in place of Morgana.

Thanks for admitting that you're an SJW shill, now I don't have to take your garbage taste seriously. Just know that /ourguys/ Vic and Jared will win their cases and be back to making content within a month. Keep seething.

>Again boils down too, m-mine isn't generic as YOURS
Fuck off.
Jrpg heroes are all the same generic anime trash.

Vic is innocent. ProJared is a fucking shithead
>SJW
>he doesn't remember who ProJared and his degenerate friends threw JonTron under the bus

>bright red driving gloves
>trenchcoat with huge popped collar, tuxedo ass flap
>riding trousers
>go-go boots
>nonsensical vest /fa/ would laugh at

You are clearly confusing "thief" with "ass bandit" because Joker looks gay as fuck.

Personally I don't like either one, I played half of Persona 3 and SMTIV and couldn't get into either one

SMT threads can generally be good barring elitist fags and anti-Persona but Persona threads are just straight up bad. That said, both games are good for what they do.

>I haven't played JRPGs: the post

fire emblem armor looks like fucking trash

Attached: ChivalricKnight2.jpg (564x671, 46K)

SMT is just slightly less fedora-tippy

You're allowed to dislike Joker but calling him generic is not correct in the slightest. There is nobody like him in the entire genre, let alone alone the Smash roster.
>Being this bluepilled
Jared was forced to post leftist propaganda by Heidi and Austin. When their relationship soured they threw him under the bus. Normal Boots is a fucking cult.

Why do people make posts like this that are instantly invalidated by making it clear that they're eternally ass ravaged by a few clones.

You got memed into start with 3 and SMT. Play Persona 5 and then you will like it.

I dont think you actually read the post

I like his Persona.

ebin bait

Attached: i2ffm1q12j931.png (460x344, 122K)

>jackfrostfag thinks he can speak on this topic
You are the peak reddit of the SMT fandom

liking SMT and 3 the most is the sign of a true patrician. Persona 5 fags are even less than secondaries, they're fucking tertiaroes at best.

>List out legitimate grievances of P5
>Say the older games, mainly P3, did it better.
>"lol just salty fanboys xD"
Don't you have to go spam a thread with waifu faggotry or something?

>the best one

Attached: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (1043x987, 486K)

Bimbo

I haven't owned a Sony console since the PS2 and don't feel like buying an entire piece of hardware just so I can play a game there's a good chance I won't like

P5fags get overly defensive if anyone says they like a certain aspect of an older Persona/SMT game better like if they prefer the gang of 4 or the plot of 3.

Persona 3fags are embarrassing pseudo contrarians. If you want to be contrarian say P1 was the best, dickriding 3 doesn't make you cool or unique, it's not hard to get into and it's objectively worse than P5. Only nostalgiafags pretend it was any good. SMTfags are just edgelords who think combat is the only variable that matters.

For the love of God, play more JRPGs.

>ITT: mothersona 5: the thousand year tale is the best rpg ever made (i would know because, i dont play rpgs) because it lets you do this other thing in a battle and the story makes it seem like its deep

Attached: bladerunnerhero.jpg (1120x630, 77K)

it's mostly a war whenever the other is brought up so i consider them both cancer

>SMTfags are just edgelords who think combat is the only variable that matters.
as if anything else matters

Attached: StrangeJourney Doomguy.png (305x803, 233K)

>very decent
He's clearly above average and it doesn't matter that the spic uses him or not.

>Pretend to hate
i never hated him, Joker was a chad who fucked his teacher and futaba's 14 year old coochie

Attached: internet.jpg (500x565, 199K)

This is coming from the guy that's fine with kid goku being in smash and considering that a better design. How embarrassing lmao.

Personally, I like Persona, but I tend to prefer SMT more.

>the story makes it seem like its deep
>dude change the world and reform society man
give me a fucking break, my eyes couldn't roll hard enough playing through the story

>3. Every ten seconds he receives Ganondorf-level power on every attack for no real reason, a buff to his recovery and a better projectile. This happens if he uses his counter (which isn't difficult at all, there's no punishment for somehow mispredicting it)
Nigga just grab him

HAHAHAHAHAHA
You really just posted a Strange Journey picture while saying combat is the only variable that matters. That is fucking laughable. SJ has the WORST combat of any SMT game post-2003, do not pretend that game was any good in gameplay. Persona 1 had better gameplay than it. SJ gameplay is complete garbage and its dungeons are shit too.

The game's theme literally revolves around swashbuckling rebels, with characters such as
>Arsene
>The Gentlemen thief and rival to Sherlock Holmes
>Captain Kidd
>Carmine
>Goemon, etc.

If you think that shit's over the top, wait until you see his teammates

>Joker was a chad who fucked his teacher and futaba's 14 year old coochie
>self-inserts
>chad
true chad protagonists have their own personalities without needing (You) to pretend to be them and getting a harem of cakes and high school bitches

>reading comprehension

>SJ combat
>good

You're wrong user. It's everyone on here that gets overly defensive when someone says something really mean about their favorite game.

My favorite thing in video games is Japanese plagiarism

I think joker is just a victim of "MKLeo wins with him so he's broken" syndrome that also happened with Ike and Wolf. The difference is Joker is actually a very good character, without being braindead broken (though I think his counter being able to hit below the stage is pretty fucking stupid)

Pass character #4, along with SMTV news

Attached: images.jpg (172x293, 12K)

Based

That's good. That means more publicity for the franchise.

As if Persona needs more fucking secondaries flocking to it.

This is what smashfags do every time. They're literal children sperging because one (1) skilled player made use of his moveset to do well with him while every person he was facing in the tournaments was using some other try hard character. If MKLeo was losing with Joker you fags would say he's trash, despite it being the exact same character just without someone harnessing his potential.

Nobody would say that because its easy to acknowledge why Joker is so strong. Just because every top player isn't Wolf or Ike anymore doesn't make them weaker either.

Right now people are calling for Joker to be massively nerfed or taken out of the game. If MKLeo wasn't shitting on everyone with him people wouldn't be whining nearly as much even though he keeps the same moveset.

>solo maining a character without dropping a game in every single tournament he's in lately
You can't sit there with a straight face and tell me Joker is anything but AT LEAST high tier, and with Arsene he coukd very well be the best character in the game.

>What's to dislike about P5 user?
Quality of character writing dips off after Madarame.
Sub-arc writing quality diminishes
Third Act Twist is poorly foreshadowed (equals parts overt and obtuse) and fucks the pacing of the story as well as insults the intelligence of the audience to buy that the story was always meant to have an over-arching narrative.
P5 has a ton of writing issues in general, but most of my friends didn't really care by the end because they had satan shooting demiurge in the face and then all of protag's friends join together to get him out of prison

Joker is an Anti-Meta character like Jiggs in Melee.
Being piloted by one dude means nothing.

You're missing the point. If MKLeo was doing that with some other meta character people wouldn't be complaining about Joker. If MKLeo literally did not exist and Joker was kept the same people wouldn't be complaining about him. Just because one person figured out how to use his moveset to their advantage doesn't mean he's overpowered. Until all the other top players are using Joker I see no issue, but everyone MKLeo goes against is using someone else.

Joker right now can singlehandedly carry players to tournament wins. You didn't get that with Ike, Wolf, Fox, Pichu, Peach, etc., those characters all needed possible side options in the event of bad matchups. As it stands Joker doesn't appear to have any bad matchups. How is this even comparable?

Attached: 1562385008521.jpg (294x348, 14K)

Try again shithead
gameinformer.com/2019/04/22/chrono-trigger-voted-best-video-game-of-outgoing-era-in-japan
Chrono Trigger is the best JRPG of the Heisei Era, which includes when P5 was released

Then why isn't literally every other top player using him? If he was so good then already established players should just use Joker against Joker and win? Why was every top player MKLeo went against using different characters instead of just copying him using Joker?

All of you no taste faggots comparing Joker to Fire Emblem trash can go fuck yourselves. P5 is an actual fucking video game of substance and not a medieval waifu simulator. Sincerely, please die.

Attached: p5-cover.png (522x348, 75K)

I am saying he's a great character and I agree that even base Joker is easily top 10. The point I'm making is that Joker is seen as OP/Broken not because he's inherently strong (which he is) so much as because the best player in the world plays him

>Akechi’s entire scheme gets derailed solely because of pancakes
God, that shit was dumb. And don’t even get me started on that scene where he and Shido start expositing their backstories and shit.

>P5 is an actual fucking video game of substance and not a medieval waifu simulator.
why do discussions of the game always come back to waifus then? SMtfags may be obnoxious but they actually discuss the games and the alignments.

>P5 is an actual fucking video game of substance

Okay menu-selection-and-girlfriend-simulator

>my waifu simulator is better than your waifu simulator

Literally rent free, those people comparing the two are gone.

yeah, instead is a contemporary high schooler waifu simulator.
so deep.

SMT discussions are dead, just look at /smtg/. There's nothing wrong with discussing SMT. And if you honestly think the discussion about a game reflects the game then you are retarded. What are you supposed to say about the gameplay almost 3 years after release?
>lol remember that time I beat that boss when I buffed and hit him

Well, what's even more dumb isn't even the events themselves but how they're presented
>Okay Persona team, how are we going to present this plot-twist?
>Do we subtly put the clues about the fact that the Phantom Thieves know all about Akechi in the background, hidden in plain sight to recontextualize future playthroughs?
>Or do we put them in the foreground, but then put a "WHOA IM DRUGGED AND CANT REMEMBER ALL THE THINGS RELATED TO THIS PLOT TWIST" filter over those cutscenes so single-digit players don't immediately know what's going on?

>What are you supposed to say about the gameplay almost 3 years after release?
Like the story, character writing, favorite Personas to use, etc? Even Devil Survivor fags talk about alignments and the gameplay outside of the waifus.

t.didn't fucking play the game
Dating is an optional part of Persona, because the point is to showcase that the protagonist is leading a dual life of a teenage student and a phantom thief. It's not the whole point. That's more than you can say for fucking Fire Emblem.

Attached: 1560602889906.gif (625x626, 561K)

>Dating is an optional part of Persona
half the game is wacky slice of life adventures you fucking buffoon.

T.doesn't play fire emblem

Yes, half. And the other half is going through palaces and fighting the villains.

I really liked how the DLC personas had unique abilities with unique animations
Magatsu Izanagi was top tier

>comparing Joker to Fire Emblem trash
why people like that self-insert tabula rasa is beyond me. I remember when people thought P3 was fucking edgy, now P5 completely eclipsed it.

Stay rent free.

Yeah, that shit was great. P5 had great presentation all around. Here’s hoping they bring some of that magic to SMT5.
youtu.be/7uVL5Rak_C8

>half the game is optional
mind you, I actually loved exploring Tokyo in P5. The only complaint I really have is that the social links for most of the romanceable girls (which is all of them in P5) were more poorly written than P3 or P4.
I liked that you could actually go on dates more often and do more things

character pairing is also optional in modern FE, you fucking retard. The only forced pairing is Chrom and someone else because Lucina is part of the plot.

FE does not even have a dating part, you fucking faggot.

Attached: 1563293752547.png (1182x956, 1.03M)

>SMT5.
never happening. Maybe for the best in case in turns out like Apocalypse

Name 3

I have some hope.
They can reuse all the models, maybe make htem a bit less detailed for the Switch.
I'm just hoping we get more radical attack animations, though in SMTV's style since P5's animations are definitely more of a fit for that style.

I must have missed the part of Persona where you can get married and have children and dress your waifu up like a bride.

Maybe TGS will throw us a bone.

Attached: neku shrug.png (172x202, 8K)

Because it's obviously a sill slot, and Atlus with Sakurai know it. I have no fucking idea why would they do this, since P5 is never going to release on switch, but Flynn seems like to be a good choice desu. But I'm sure they just need to shill P5 more
>P5 is an actual fucking video game
Sorry VN's are not video games user. FE at least have SOME gameplay elements

Attached: 1544195361678.gif (63x106, 9K)

One can only hope
They had that slightly extended trailer where they showed off a bit of the protag but I'm jonesing for some order vs chaos stuff

>TGS
>Reveal of an Atlus x Splatoon collaboration in SMTV where you can recruit Splatoon Demons
>Crossover from SMT Tokyo to Splatoon Inkopolis in certain locations

I hope they take the SJR approach to alignments and make law/chaos somewhat viable. SMT has been sucking off the neutralfags for too long.

I welcome him because his twink appearance and hyper-heterosexuality makes him perfect for gay conversion porn. Him get mind broken by KROK COCK brings me great joy

Attached: 1532016438127.gif (200x200, 41K)

Literally
And I cannot stress this enough
WHO?

Yeah, it's a high-school waifu simulator instead

>Why does everyone pretend to hate this character? He comes from the best JRPG of all time (as voted on by Famitsu readers),
Wasn't it Chrono Trigger that earned best video game of all time, and didn't your game director highlight this?

Also, i liked Persona before 4 and 5, this animal mascot dating sim bullshit is getting out of hand.

Attached: 1563294503016.gif (245x245, 956K)

OPTIONAL you fucking tranny and is not a glorified japanese highschooler vn with a harem of cum dumps for a generic, faggy """character""".
Also the bride class is not just a costume.

Attached: fatlus.jpg (600x466, 44K)

P3 set a good balance between weeaboo friend-having simulator and actual game.

Would unironically be hype.

It's not as good as the rest of the series, it's overblown right now like Xenoblade 2 due to the limited amount of games on their respective consoles.

Attached: 1563221690160.png (121x122, 12K)

I love SMT but you have to accept it's still niche, the Persona series is the normie/pop music JRPG series so that's why you get Joker and not, say, Demi-Fiend or Serph

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>this is the kind of content P5fags watch
youtube.com/watch?v=NGgs8-ELsEg

>medieval waifu simulator.
>highschool waifu simulator.

wow such difference

>ink stacks on enemies are damage-enhancing debuffs for your team like in smash
>can recruit all the characters featured in the Final Fest

The ABSOLUTE state of zoomernitecraft babbies

You can ignore the waifu elements of Persona, but not for FE

It did, OP is quoting a poll from shortly after P5 released.
Chrono Trigger got declared the best JRPG of the Heisei Era though

See, this is a good falseflag. The edgy of fuck art makes this perfect bait.

wind blows
rain falls
Yea Forums seethes about P5

>Demi-Fiend
would be fucking great, especially if they add ONE MORE GOD REJECTED to the soundtrack

Attached: 1563310923720.png (960x1186, 849K)

He's the worst third party character by a large margin. Series has nothing to do with Nintendo and isn't even that big or important. And he literally only brought stuff from his own game. Not even a fucking Jack Frost cameo or anything.

>thinly veiled upset SMTcuck
absolutely delicious

What would be his Final Smash?

Friendly reminder that the only people who like persona 5 are actual trannies and/or virgins with no friends. Gameplay and dungeon crawling will always be the most important aspects in a jrpg roneryfags

*dabs*

Attached: F52D1BA2-F1EB-450E-9677-6B9220AEA108.jpg (1242x1237, 643K)

Wait, how do you get listed as the best JRPG of all time and not the best game of all time?

Are they admitting JRPGs aren't video games?

Attached: 626.jpg (265x265, 11K)

I would’ve killed to see more demons/Personas represented in Smash besides Arsene, despite how much I love his design.

He gay. I don't mind Persona being in Smash, but having the newest protag is dumb. Its like instead of Cloud, an iconic FF character, they put in Noctis from 15. It feels shoehorned and shilled out the ass.

What do you think the G in JRPG stands for you smooth brain

Reminder that basically every single spinoff of P5 has failed and will continue to fail. The only thing they have are dumb crossovers with garbage like a mobile Dead by Daylight knockoff and P5R which will be worse than P4G by a mile. I like P5 but man are Atlus utterly incompetent.

Attached: proofs.png (1086x392, 65K)

Wish he had something going on with his design. It’s really fucking boring. He’s meh, I don’t hate him, but i’d rather have Jack Frost
t. Someone who’s never played Persona or SMT

Arsene's design is decent, but Joker looks like every 14 year old weeb's OC character.

Well based on these cited lists, i'm going to guess not games?

Gaea Rage probably

Persona Q2 was the best selling 3DS game of 2018 in Japan

no Sakurai like Persona thats why lmao

>Joker firmly considered Mid-tier at release
>MKLeo and only MKLeo starts producing results with him
>Suddenly he's god tier
I hate people who talk about tiers in Smash so much because it's simply a "Person i don't like is winning so his character is cheap"

His design is fucking awful compared to the character that pulls off the look 100x better

Attached: E3AB9880-D605-44E3-9945-D7D7E29A0DDE.png (540x598, 603K)

Best selling on a dying handheld that is only going to last for probably one more year? What an achievement.

Attached: __female_protagonist_kirishima_eriko_and_yoshizawa_kasumi_persona_5_the_royal_and_etc_drawn_by_do_m_ (900x334, 154K)

yeah. I go to my weeklies and we have Jokers here but the character is by no means dominant or unfun to play against. Joker's just a normal character same as everyone else. This character isnt a rampant problem like S4 bayo or Brawl MK

No, I'm perfectly capable of hearing someone criticizing my favorite game I don't think any game is perfect, just because you're overly sensitive, it doesn't mean everyone else is.

>Demifiend uses Gaea Rage
>it does over thousands of damage just like his boss fight in DDS

ok so how did it do bad? you're changing your argument I can't follow you, sorry :/
The dancing games did poorly but now those are the outliers.

P5 is basically Atlus' FF7, though. As much as Yea Forums wants to believe that Yu Narukami or even Jack Frost is iconic, they simply aren't. Atlus fucking replaced Jack Frost with Teddie almost a decade ago, and Teddie got dropped for Morgana in the blink of an eye.

>new character is released
>No one knows his true potential so he’s placed at mid tier for now
>People start finding out why he’s good and start figuring out his true potential
>”He was never good! People aren’t able to prove that a character is good! Once they’re declared as a certain tier, they must be in that tier forever!”
What the fuck are you on about

>>People start finding out why he’s good and start figuring out his true potential
So why he isn't everyone dominating tournaments to the point that it's only Joker Top 8s and Joker vs Joker finals?
Is it because maybe, MKLeo is just better then everyone else?

>Atlus' FF7
that would be P3.

hahaha maybe within the confines of your basement.

>he doesn't remember how hard P3 was milked

Let me spell it out for you brainlets
>Persona 5
>Uses dating mechanics to establish the double life of the protastonists
>Still has a serious story about corruption and injustice
>Fire Emblem
>Uses marriage (not dating) to pander to the fanbase via a self insert protagonist
>Has a cliche anime story with as beach scene and harem shenanigans

Yes, icies are low tier in melee and ROB is top tier in brawl as well

Not even close to the extent that FF7, or P5 were. P3 was a multi media project in the way that Drakengard 1 and 2 were multi media projects.

Dude, are you still on about this? Let it go, man.

>>Still has a serious story about corruption and injustice

>the drawings I masturbate to have more depth than yours!
>he plays videogames for the story

Peak soi

Attached: 1558224336211.jpg (312x191, 10K)

>>Has a cliche anime story with as beach scene and harem shenanigans
That's also Persona 5 numbnuts, and in Persona 5 with their beach scene it's ten times worse, with the "hey let's hit on gurls! aww we keep getting rejected" and wacky music plays

Are you legitimately retarded?

whos invite did joker steal?

Banjo's, then he stole Steve's and gave it to Banjo out of sympathy

Attached: 1560289981887.gif (550x521, 278K)

Persona 5's beach scene was there to establish Yusuke and Futaba's characters but okay.
I don't play games for waifushit, I'm not an incel who jerks off to cartoons.

>t-that doesn’t count!
Really, man? I like P5 but come on.
youtu.be/Ie78QvT5atQ

Pretty much. Face it, there is no way characters like Waddle Dee, Ashley, Waluigi, or even Geno are going to get in, especially with the Fighters Pass being three for three for third-parties so far. Besides, they're either Assist Trophies or Spirits. Give it up.

Attached: 508.png (400x400, 133K)

>Best JRPG of all time
Man, I know that's bait for still makes me mad because you know someone in here agrees with that.

Compare the sales to the first PQ in my original image. Despite having the characters from the most successful entry in the franchise, it did much worse. This is probably because they released in on the 3DS, a dying console, and because they didn't make an English Dub for normies.

My argument is simple: Atlus are completely and utterly incompetent in every sense of the word.

Why haven't they ported P5 to any other platforms despite there being a very clear demand for ports? They don't have any exclusivity contracts with Sony and the engine works on other platforms fine as seen by Catherine so they're just throwing away money.
Speaking on Catherine, why did they randomly decide to make a rerelease with Full Body with a random trap as a third love interest despite there being absolutely no demand to do so? No surprise that release failed as well.
Why are they making a P5 Musou of all things when, again, there is no demand to do so?
Why have they abandoned every single other MegaTen spinoff other than Persona and in particular P5? It sold well but all other releases have failed.
Why are they letting the P4G director head P5R?
Why are they letting P5R fall into the trap of every Persona rerelease, sans P3P, by introducing, or amplifying as with Aigis, the importance of one character to the massive detriment of the rest of the cast?

I could go on, but you get the point. Atlus are retarded, plain and simple.

Attached: Door Chan.png (729x1035, 658K)

That has nothing to do with anything. You tried to show how Joker is only high tier because people are annoyed about MKLeo, but true tier lists are usually based upon tournament results. MKLeo can consistently get top 8 with Joker in major tournaments, putting him in high tier. Give it some time and it won’t be surprising seeing others getting good results with Joker

Why haven’t we’ve seen MKLeo pull out Little Mac at a tournament? If he’s so much better than everyone else, than he should be able to make any character more viable than another, right?

>hating popular things doesn't make you interesting
Well excuuuuse me princess

Attached: truth.jpg (1125x853, 87K)

That's speaks more about how shit Little Mac is.

>Establish Yusuke and Futaba's characters
Hahahahaha, no. Futaba didn't even come along and Yusuke played such a minor role that it doesn't even matter. The Hawaii vacation is solely to give you some moments with your waifu. This isn't a bad thing but the way you try to construe a very obvious waifu faggotry moment as having any sort of relevance to the story is hilarious.

>(as voted on by Famitsu readers)
This is so cringeworthy and I'm not even sure why.

Bayo gets a pass because Nintendo backed and published Bayo 2 directly. They basically saved the series from early death by executive fuckery.

Cloud however gets no excuse, he was a mistake and so was Joker.

>If Floyd Mayweather is so good why doesn't he just box with a blindfold on?

Elder God:Card Summoner, Jack Bros, Original Devil Summoner, Last Bible, Devil Children, Synchronicity, SMT NINE

Patrician: SMT, Devil Summoner Raidou and Soul Hackers, Majin Tensei, Megami Tensei, Digital Devil Saga, Persona 1 and 2, IMAGINE

Fatlus: Persona 3 and 4, Devil Survivor, TMS, SMTIVa

Absolute shitter: Persona 5, Dancing All Night, PQ

Attached: B7MYBH9IAAAy0tk.jpg (640x686, 80K)

>Jack Bros
Did anyone actually play that?

No

Attached: f33.png (680x679, 452K)

based

Also, liking popular things doesn't make you interesting either. Nothing makes you interesting, so basically you're free to say whatever the fuck you want about whatever thing without giving a single fuck about what anyone else thinks.

most soulless SMT game, generic personality-less player insert character, doesnt utilize the persona in a stand-like way like in the Jojo:HFTF 2d capcom fighter

he looks like a gay nerd

based

But I don't hate Joker. I just don't think Persona 5 is fun at all.

Why is Dedede so based?

>like in the Jojo:HFTF 2d capcom fighter
You do realize that would break the game in half by turning on Arsene whenever you wanted, right? You clearly don't know jackshit about game balance (even with Smash barely having any in the first place)

Attached: bitchwhat.jpg (287x260, 24K)

bbtag has personas that act like personas and they aren't unbalanced

No one hated him before persona concert announcement.

I like Joker and appreciate his addition, even if he's tiresome to face online.

I played P5 and its a shit game, the only thing it had going for it is the music, style and menus which Sakurai himself mentioned he liked
literally style over substance the game, he also
>doesnt have P3 or P4 protag as a alt similar to DQ man
>doesnt summon demons
>is another swordie with a meter devil trigger gimmick that isnt even in the game
>literally comes with nothing from mainline SMT
>Game isnt even ported to switch instead you get a shitty musou that doesnt fit the Thieves gimmick at all
>Probably removed possible Kasumi alt cause the fanbase would be triggered by the implication of femMC
Hes also called a anime character cause hes a generic black hair self insert highschooler protag, I just dont get the attachment people have to soulless avatar characters

Attached: 1541386970634.jpg (792x612, 77K)

He's always had detractors. Doesn't stop Joker from being more popular than some would care to admit.

That's and rule players don't spam the fuck out of it. There is nothing more annoying than dealing with a counter spamming joker. Grabbing is easy, but if you're a character that can't do much off of a grab, it quickly becomes tedious.

Reminder that Flynn would have been another generic swordie. Joker is /ourguy/.

It's not that he's innocent, it's that there was nothing wrong with what he did. Women should learn their place if they want to be in a man's industry.

Attached: 1537780596829.png (512x512, 318K)

Can’t Flynn equip shit like spears, maces, daggers, bazookas, plasma guns and more, though?

It's only hated by one or two autists here. It's well liked everywhere else.

>one or two
There’s been literal threads talking about how disappointing FF15 is. Hell, it’s even gotten videos about how disappointing it is.

I don't consider him generic or soulless, but I do wish SMT got a little more love. Arsene functioning the way he does is also unfortunate.

>not even a top tier

Don't you lie to me. I personally can't play Joker worth a damn, but he's a fucking monster if you can play around his weaknesses enough to get Arsene out

As for your question, it's probably people who played Persona before Smash Bros annoyed as fuck by the influx of people who saw the "cool new anime Smash character" and are shitting up the Persona community

>Yea Forums claims to hate swordies
>Yea Forums also furiously jacks off to Belmonts, Dedede and ROB who are functionally swordies
big thinkums

Attached: 1409792616158.jpg (241x299, 16K)

>whip
>hammer
>robot toy
>swordies

Attached: D45yrVPWkAAAYGm.jpg (894x612, 66K)

Shut the fuck up Simon Belmont is amazing and I've been waiting years for him to get in.

Also none of the characters are "functionally swordies" you're literally retarded.

Attached: Grimoire_of_Souls_Simon.png (628x572, 422K)

They're all annoying disjoints that function the exact same way in gameplay.

>B-but Shin Megami Tensei!
That's like saying Wario represents the Mario series at this point.

>All have disjoint attacks that function just like the others
>Not functionally swordies
Just admit you don't hate swords, you hate the boring clones we got. If we had characters like Alucard, Zero and Dante instead of Marth 1 and Marth 2, nobody would complain.

XC1 is still great and XC2 is fucking horrible though

Even though
>Yea Forums hates Dedede
>The Belmont’s have glaring weaknesses that balance out their strengths (unlike swordies)
>And ROB is not anything like a swordie. What the fuck are you talking about?

>functionally swordies

Attached: 1461916809128.jpg (953x960, 142K)

Not related to the thread at fucking allbeyond the OP image but do you think Arsene will be in Joker's amiibo? I'd like to believe it because I think it'd be stupid for him not to be but the logistics of such a big amiibo make me skeptical.

>Yea Forums hates Dedede
Go fuck yourself faggot DDD is based. Don't you ever fucking lump him in with the Fagmonts and swordshitters again.

It'll probably just be Joker.

>Fagmonts
Faglord detected, Belmonts are based

I think that's his point

>le manly anime men xD deus vult!
Fuck off and die. And take your irrelevant Metroid clone with you.

Attached: 959eaf5cddd2bf2e7fc991e40b30928e31d99438.png (690x514, 447K)

This is the truest thing I've seen in this entire thread.

>Metroid clone

Attached: 7275254254.gif (160x192, 11K)

no u

Attached: l53e8eak6mr21.jpg (1125x811, 112K)

Xb2 is the worst in the series, but P5 is the best even if the story gets pretty shakey.

>Metroid clone
Lets all laugh smash shitter

Attached: cap n simon.jpg (300x225, 12K)

SEETHING

Attached: king_dedede_rape_face_by_wolfdomo-d6h24au.png (596x339, 217K)

You wish faggot

Attached: 9180-543046597.jpg (480x480, 30K)

>Third and not SC
>The game that manages to be even more generic and tropey than it’s sequel despite it’s less “anime” presentation.

Too bad the rest of the series sans 2 is worse than P5.

>*inhales all your spamshit*
>Uses my eight (8th) jump to gimp you and kill you at 20%

>The game that manages to be even more generic and tropey than it’s sequel
Imagine actually believing this

have sex

>FF
>half the main series (almost all of it now after the fact) and a shitload of spinoffs on nintendo consoles
>Bayonetta
>literally published and funded by nintendo and also by far the biggest third party exclusive of the wii u era, a fact that was extremely relevant during the ballot which got her in no matter how much people want to deny it >inb4 files in the game 2 weeks later; i can guarantee 90+% of the people who voted did so in the first 24 hours, it's how it works for LITERALLY everything.
user you can't just ignore facts when it's convenient
Joker is also fine because 90% of SMT and its spinoffs are Nintendo exclusive too, and there's even an official crossover with a Nintendo series that's canon to both whether or not people like it. Persona itself even has a special edition nintendo console, a distinction only MGS shares among the third party series in Smash.

Attached: IMG_20190619_183458.jpg (310x360, 35K)

That's rich coming from someone that mains an anime swordfag

>that's canon to both
That's not what canon means

>canonically takes place in the distant future of the archanea games because itsuki is descended from marth
>canonically part of the expanse/amala network because demons, SMT items, and SMT skills are present among numerous other things like the core gameplay; disregarding the fact that it would be canon anyway because of how the multiverse works
It's canon even if you don't like it.

Imagine believing the opposite.
Have fun killing your demiurge undeveloped final boss for the millionth fucking time, Monado Brainlet

It took people a year and a half for everyone to have a pocket Bayou (if they weren't already maiming her). People aren't as insightful as you think. In the beginning of Brawl's life, it was generally accepted that Snake was better than Metaknight.

People hate Joker because he's a smug character who can summon a Persona 3 minutes into the game and just ignoring this he's still piss easy to play as

I have not played against one Joker that didn't spam his counter which is also a reflector, try to chip away at my health with his guns, or cheese me with his projectiles that still deals damage to me after the hit

Attached: 1545258053195.jpg (320x320, 29K)

>He's a smug character
But that's what makes him fun. He makes shitters, waifufags, mainlinefags, P1-4fags, normalfags, heavyfags, swordfags and zonerfags seethe and he loves it.

You literally have to hit him like twice to kill him, or even just get him off the stage 50% of the time.

Reminder that no matter how much they kick and scream and cry otherwise, Belmontfags are the same breed of cancer as FEfags. They're just anime swordsmen with a different kind of weapon but they deserve to be dabbed on all the same.

Attached: 1429024532724.png (237x224, 16K)

Dumb redditfrog poster.

>"Dude just him"

>reflects your attack and slaps your ass with it

>"Dude just get him off stage"

>Long range rope that allows him to come back from being nearly off screen

>"Dude just-"

no

>Zonerfags

From the way people play him I figured he was an honorary zonerfag

You're still at it huh

Attached: cv-sotn-richter3.jpg (500x700, 104K)

Jokerfags just can't stop winning.

>This is what Shillmonts consider "not anime"

>He comes from the best JRPG of all time
Why do children keep saying this? P% might be best of the year it was released but of all time? Not even top 5.

Gaea Rage launches the opponent into a cutscene, cut to Super Pixie with Megidolaon

Maybe telegraph your attacks less if you're tired of being countered. Also the grappling hook is unreliable as fuck, half the time it fires off in the wrong direction and you self destruct. It's literally worse than Ridley's up special.

>inb4 your top 5 has shit like FF7 or XC2

FUCK YEAH JACK BROS

The grappling hook really doesn't miss as often as you make it out to. It's Arsene's recovery that's lacking.

I was going to mock you about sharing tips for low GPS Jokers but I doubtful that's even the case then. You're just flat out wrong and oversimplifying the issue.

In fact, when you say hit him twice it sounds like you're a Ganonbaby where that is close to being possible.

>Gaea Rage
>Not Gaea Rage into Freikugel

>Since Joker isn't in to promote a Switch release, it stands to reason that he's a "just because" inclusion, much like Snake back in the day
>Which means we could have gotten ANY SEGA or Fatlus rep "just because" over this fedoralord bait
Imagine
>Jet Set Radio fighter with different skaters as alts
>NiGHTS
>Kiryu
>Demi-Fiend
>AiAi
>The Hornet
>Gillius Thunderhead
>Jack Bros
>Joe Mushashi
>Ryo Hazuki
>Vincent
>Vyse
>Ulala
>Opa-Opa
Fucking ALL these great options (and more) and we end up with the anime character who appeals to people that think fedora's are fashionable. It's a shame, really.

Joker is one of the only major negatives of the Smash roster, along with Rosalina, Corrin, Incineroar, and Isabelle.

Attached: 1429674844326.gif (410x230, 1.92M)

>Belmontfags are the same breed of cancer as FEfags.

They are literally nothing alike. One set are for try hard faggots that take advantage of boring but fast and lengthy move sets. The other actually takes some effort and has ridiculously terrible recovery.

i find Arsene to be way too easy to obtain, they need to balance it out to be an actual revenge guage instead of "let me down be and get easy unga bunga mode"

His moveset is boring as fuck. If you've never played Persona, you'd think this guy goes around swinging his knife like a sword all the time, occasionally casts a spell by snapping his fingers, and when he fills up a meter, gets a super mode that lets him swing his knife-sword harder. That's not what he's like at all; there isn't even a fucking meter mechanic in Persona 5. Sakurai didn't play it. He just saw the menus and thought "I like that style". That's why the Mementos stage has nothing to do with mementos and is just "Persona 5's menus are cool: the stage"

I hate him because he should have been a lot more interesting than he ended up being. I couldn't understand why, but now I see that Hero ate his lunch. Can't give Joker Persona based spells if your next DLC is a sword wielding spell user with a spell menu.

Castlevania is the definition of tryhard faggot. Cope more weebshitter. Go play K. Rool or Captain Falcon and see how you do without your gay BDSM whip to carry you.

He wouldn't shut up about it when it came out, stop making shit up.

Exactly this. We should have gotten a stand fighter but instead we got Menus: The character

He wouldn't stop going on about the menus*

I especially do not understand how they fucked him up when there are already no less than three fighting games with Persona characters in them that they could have drawn influence from, but instead we got the most generic shit imaginable.
>Only uses his gun for one move
>Arsene attacks like a stand instead of doing cool shit on his own

His moveset is a definite disappointment, but I'm not quite at the point where I revile Joker for the disservice done to his kit. It sucks that they couldn't capture persona, let alone his status as a wild card, but I'm hardly surprised either.

>Arsene attacks like a stand
But he doesn't. Like at all

>the best JRPG of all time

I'm a huge Atlus mark but I'd only put P5 in maybe the top ten depending on whether I'm more in a Persona 5 mood or a Nocturne mood.

Also I'd have rather had either Jack Frost or had Joker actually use his Fool ability to have multiple Personas appear.

He could be mechanically more or less the same, but have weaker Personas like Pixie, Pyro Jack, etc. before his meter goes off, then get stronger ones like Metatron and Black Frost with the meter.

Only real missed opportunity with him to be honest.

He just sits behind and copies Joker's moves like the stands do in the Capcom Jojo game. In the actual Persona fighters the Personas have unique attacks independent from the user.

>best JRPG of all time (as voted on by Famitsu readers)
The Japanese are retards with no taste, what else is new.

See

That's not even how they work in the Capcom fighter, let alone actual canon Jojo.

They literally do the exact opposite of what Arsene does, the humanoid ones come out in front of the user and do a whole attack pretty decently far away from the user. Not at all sitting behind the user and altering their hitbox properties, which is what Joker has.

>le epnic anime highschoolers
Kys fagona posters

Oh wow, it’s full of nothing. Really showed him, user.

I think persona 5 was lame and an overall step back for the series.

>Famitsu readers
>taste

Attached: 1445985938828.gif (500x452, 987K)

You realize famitsu is for the normies of japan right. P5 getting best rpg is like Skyrim getting best rpg

FF7 is in the top 5 regardless of how edgy/hipster you want to try to be.

XBC2 is an overhyped, glorified turd that belongs in the top 5 worst JRPGs.

You need to take a break from Yea Forums and preferably life, because you are making harsh and incredibly inaccurate assumptions and come off as a sad, angry little man.

Normies hate him just like they hate the Dragon Quest Heroes because they didn't put any of the meme characters they like so much.