Why hasn't Joycon drift been fixed yet?

Attached: Joycon drift.jpg (946x851, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7um_1jr2vg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post yfw you didn't buy a Switch

Attached: 1558208128936.jpg (1200x1200, 107K)

Nintendo Seal of Quality

at least you can remove the joycons, switch lite however ...

Haha good thing only.1 or 2 games comes out every year so my Joy Cons are in perfect condition.

Nintendo wants you to buy more

Just commit return fraud like everyone else

Will replacing the sticks entirely fix this? That part is only like 10 bucks, and it's easy to replace.

because nintendo is retarded

No it will keep grinding down making more dust with the new stick.

Feels good desu. I still do not understand why people bought it and definitely do not get why people keep the damn thing after they completed BOTW.

Attached: zimzam.jpg (2754x1836, 2.47M)

No, because the problem is not the stivk itself but the materials quality and the manufacturing

>tfw nothing will ever top the vita
rip handhelds

i hacked it so ... free games. I wouldn't have gotten one if not for that though

Fug lads. Does it matter that i have an entirely different shell for my joycons than the grey one's i bought em in?

Well you're a retarded Zimmerman nigger so it's no surprise you wouldn't understand.

Again no because

>underpowered
>gimmick
>supposedly a handheld but too large and performs better docked
>dock scratches screen
>cheap, flimsy joycons
>library consisting of rehashes, shovelware, the worst versions of multiplats and kiddie games.
>insufferable, delusional community
>manchildren love it
>system of choice for trannies and the morbidly obese.
>smash tournaments known for being comprised of people with no concept of personal hygiene
>an embarrassment to be see playing in public
>horrible online, overpriced.
>console is overpriced, very low value in general
>often referred to as several derogatory names, some examples include “cucktendo shitch” or just “shitch”, “Fischer price tablet” or more rarely the “NINtENDO SWItCH” (the lowercase t’s representing the low testosterone of the typical Nintendo console owner)
I could go on but I think we’ve all seen enough to all agree that owning a Nintendo Switch is undesirable.

One squirt of silicone lube under the rubber cap beneath the thumbstick

Attached: 1549138618422.png (610x444, 317K)

spray the electrical contact cleaner in the stick as soon as you get it. just spray more every few months and you shouldn't have an issue since it acts as a lubricant and will continue to prevent the grinding.

>Mom, someone made fun about my favorite plastic toy online.

There fixed it
What do I win?

Attached: EE180E7D-FCAF-4173-BFF0-D003008B843E.jpg (3024x2960, 2.19M)

>buy Joycons for $60
>$6 3-year protection plan
Sucks that it has to come to this but this is the age we are living in. My only regret is Nintendo not getting screwed by this instead poor Amazon gets fucking screwed. No idea how they managed to stay in business, Amazon is such a wonderful company when it comes to returns.

the cracks dont even line up but nice try

I did this and it fixed my stick but the home button stopped working

Don't reccomend

They can keep selling Joy-Cons.

Attached: 1553809705129.jpg (400x413, 83K)

>He broke 2 switches instead of 1
Are you retarded? The chunk in the middle of the screen fell off, that's all.

I've only used my joycons twice and they are usually on their own base and I got this issue as well...

IS OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

why do you faggots only start about this so called 'drift' only now 2 years after release? What the fuck is this drift even?

is not a mechanical problem, the joycon will simply desync for a few seconds. also WD would destroy the plastic bits, not a good idea.

are you new? that's a day one problem. this shit killed me so many times in mario od.

you just had to spray a little bit

We've had threads for the past 2 years about this jabroni.

At least here in Germany, the company has to replace everything within a 2 years span after purchase, if the product failed and the user did nothing wrong. I really hope Nintendo pays up instead of Amazon. Fuck them. The only good console they made in the last 10 years was the SNES mini.

If you're playing in Switch Handheld Mode just stock up on the Hori left joypads. Since the lite means developers in the future will target that platform, the lack of wireless features and rumble won't be an issue.

Attached: 71PvSAuKOFL.AC_SL1500_.jpg (989x1500, 163K)

>people still falling for the drift conspiracy theory

literally flat earth tier at this point

it doesn't exist.

if you use silicone based WD-40, or other brands, it doesnt do anything to the plastic. I made that mistake with my 3ds, now I know.

All of the fucking contact cleaner won't fix the censors being worn down because of cheap chinkshit. All nintendo need is a small plastic buffer that prevent the censor rod from hitting these contacts too hard.

Attached: lERbBuSl.jpg (640x480, 31K)

lying motherfucker, after switch lite you started talking about it

try again buddy

Have had my switch since about launch, what is drift?

I fix it all the time just by blowing into it and wiggling it around. It's not hard.

Didn't Nintendo offer free repairs? Oh wait, I'll just complain about it on social media instead!

70 fucking dollars for a shit controller with shit hardware that easily fucks up.

Well done Nintendo. I made a mistake buying the Wii U and it's been feeling like a mistake buying the fucking Switch too.

It's what happens when idiots push down too hard on the analog sticks while playing.

mfw a joycon pair is $180 in my country.

Attached: 1548978810826.jpg (423x380, 22K)

It was fixed day one

Attached: 340-500_HR_0.jpg (1800x1800, 291K)

Might be a case of planned obsolence. You would have to find internal documents to prove it so that you can bring it to a judge and force Nintendo to fix it.

But more then likely it was just an oversight and they have no plans to fix it because that would be an entire hardware revision and Nintendo would rather make a "Pro" version that doesn't have a dock and so no joy cons anyway. If you don't want drift, pick up a pro controller. That's Nintendo's logic.

Excuse me for handling these controllers the same way I have handled every controller I ever owned. So far the only controllers I have ever had problems with are the shitty N64 controllers and now these fucking Joycons.

Except it's happening to pretty much everyone

This is why I haven't bought one yet, waiting on a new iteration that fixes everything.
But I'm not talking about that Lite garbage that doesn't have docking. Hopefully they make one that's TV-only, I doubt I would use it as a handheld much.

>expecting nintendo soys to know DIY procedures
sony squad should know better

see

Reminder to report all console war threads.

Check the box again, they aren't promising quality anymore.

Attached: Official_Nintendo_Seal.png (208x168, 24K)

It’s nintendo being Nintendo only bought it for SMTV and what ever platinum is going to give us

The analog stick won't return to center after a sensor starts getting scratched by a metal part. Usually my workaround is to run it in circles, but other people get a temporary fix by spraying contact cleaners inside. Either way the longer term fix is to replace the joystick.

It's really going to depend on the type of game you're playing. I did a ton of Zelda, Sonic, and Mario and started noticing the drift after a while. If you're playing with a Pro Controller in TV mode the issue won't occur as those are different sticks.
I definitely used handheld mode far more than TV mode with my pro controller and noticed it happening.

nothing wrong with mine

get cucked

Jesus and I thought they were overpriced for 70

Why would they fix it? You'll just buy another one.

i just buy a new pair and then "return" it. places don't really bother to check or care.

>Owns shit, overpriced system with planned obsolescence and archaic online "functionality"
>Tells others to get cucked

same, nintendo is no more

>gameboy
Went to space
>ds
Stress test to all hell
>3ds
Same principle
>switch
I haven’t played on mine in months and it’s joycons are falling apart

Maybe you should stop buying expensive electronics, it is obviously not for you. Stick to an XBOX or something.

aside from the no rumble and wireless features, is this thing solid?

Do you think the other consoles are better?

yeah the stick seems like the same as the base model. The shoulder button mechanism is a little different but does the job.

Dude just buy a new one.

Amazing how you dumb fanboys always find a way to blame everyone else except Nintendo.

>free multiplats that aren't on PC like CTR
>free exclusives
>decent portable emulation machine for N64/PS1/Dreamcast
you missed out honestly.

Just because spawn wave worked at a GameStop doesn't mean he knows everything. He tried to prove his point about this by scraping the material with tweezers of all things. The metal does not apply that much pressure and is not a sharp edge. It's a dust problem from dirty ass smash players who don't wash.

PCMR

i can't my mom is being a bitch

i have it, it feels just as good. only downside is the minus button being mushy instead of clicky, but you barely used it anyway

I've had mine for two years and it's never done this.

Holy shit the fanboyism is strong here.

There is no reasoning with you I see. Nintendo can box a turd for $5000 and you will buy it and defend it.

same, got mine for Odyssey and it's still perfect.

Maybe it's only the red/blue joycons for manchildren that are bad while the boring grey ones are fine.

>1 post by this ID

>It's a dust problem
it's not, it's a legit manufacturing and component quality issue you retard

nope i have grey ones with minor drift. although just rotating them slightly before using makes them work just fine. but the vita had the same problem that started out just like this

I mean it’s better than PC and PS4, and I gotta say, PC has the fattest fan base.

I have the grey ones too. That could be it.

>snoy knowing anything about DIY procedure.
Face it you're both retards

Hey anons,
Should I get a switch lite?

It really isn't.

Attached: chihuahua-2.jpg (2048x2048, 195K)

Xcuck getting angry for being left out of the bantz

Attached: 1563055430675.jpg (1024x767, 81K)

eurobeat intensifies

don't worry brothers the joy cons are fine

Attached: .jpg (300x225, 11K)

we don't know yet.
basically all we know
>more battery life (don't know by how much)
>better screen but smaller
>undockable (could be patched because of vents and docking mould on the casing but not guaranteed)
>unhackable, you might need to buy one at launch and wait a few months without opening it
>no HD rumble
>no gyro
>significantly cheaper

>legitimate problem with Switch controllers
>hurrrrr console warz thread

Fuck off, retard.

Joycons are easily the worst controllers I've ever used. Holy fucking shit. Both sticks drift and the R button is flat out broken unless I bang the controller on a hard object in the exact right spot

See, I tried spraying keyboard cleaner but it still didnt work on my Red controller and my blue one is starting it as well. I was worried I ruined them playing Mario Kart and drifting. Should I use the WD 40 option then? Lube or Air?

thanks, just bought it on amazon its on sale for 10 burgers less. the mario one looks tight but i really enjoy the grey and gold combo plus it looks transparent but im not too sure

Works on my machine. Maybe don't touch your electronics after eating cheetos or something without washing your hands.

yours is defective if you need to bang the R button.

Either way, you're one lucky zoomer if they're the worst controller you've ever used.
Your generation will never know true pain.

Anyone else getting deja vu reading this?

It has to be electrical contact cleaner or it can fuck things up worse. A better fix would be replacing the whole stick mechanism.

Attached: 25ec1845-85ed-4b98-a419-678511fa7573._CR188,0,1125,1500_PT0_SX300__.jpg (300x400, 14K)

nah dude imagine if your joycons started drifting on that thing, what will you do?

Dang, all right, I'll the cleaner first before taking it apart. Thanks

try silicone lube, you can get silicone based wd-40.

I believe you can fix this by just rotating the analog 5 times in a complete circle to recalibrate it.

lol last night i use regular wd40 and it seemed fine, stick wasnt perfect but it was still really good. it was until i decided that the left trigger button wasnt good and i gave it a good bang. well the stick works great and the left trigger doesnt work at all. just bought the hori left joystick

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You see how these prongs are rubbing into the sensor? There's no fucking spray that permanently fix that. Dirt can also get in but the joycons actually drift due to two factors, pic related is the majority. Which is why some people say the spray does not work.

Attached: mucrgYEl.jpg (640x480, 29K)

I just bought a refurbished N3DSXL, actually, and I feel like it was money well spent. I already had an XL but wanted to upgrade before the prices got too ridiculous since they're obviously not going to be making anymore.

Attached: Luma.png (318x334, 13K)

What are those prongs?

I want this but the button at the back being bigger means my grip case won't work with this attached I think?

Wrong, it's just the sticks, stop spreading bullshit.

This, just blow inside the stick and is fixed

>Not using a Pro controller
>Using it handheld

Attached: DkPX_sAU0AAFqJP.jpg orig.jpg (500x250, 35K)

Refurbished just means they wiped it down with an alchohol pad

My problem is that my right Joycon constantly disconnects when in handheld mode. I don't mangle it and treat it like a baby yet it still keeps acting up.

Just buy an eletric contact cleaner and spray it with the straw under the flaps and let it dry for an hour or so, then recalibrate
My both joycons were drifting really badly until I did this and now they both work perfectly

Update your controllers

>buying consoles for hardware power
AHAAHAHAHAHAHA

what grip case you using? been looking for one

fucking this
>buy "refurbished" PS3
>take it home
>whirrs like a fucking jet engine
>it's just on the home screen
>in games it's a fucking typhoon, getting bad fps too but don't know if the PS3 is supposed to run better or not
>open it up
>packed full of ceiling insulation
>wait no
>it's fucking dust
>dust so fucking thick it's like cotton candy or fuck it just cotton in general
>literally every crevice of both layers of the PS3 casing were packed with it, easily hadn't been opened in 8 or more years
>"refurbished"

Attached: 1551899801371.jpg (229x301, 10K)

Please tell me the Switch Mini will be good. Please, I want to play Odyssey.

Attached: 15MJ90H.png (640x957, 450K)

>snoys pushing literal propaganda
Absolutely disgusting
Retard.

Didn't even know that existed, thanks

My stick's drift has started getting bad a few days ago and can someone tell me why one joy con is almost as expensive as a ps4 controller? Buying one used seems like it'd be a psp-esque crap shoot.

This is a boomer complaint, but honestly think build quality for gaming is way worse. I generally take good care of my shit and never used to have to replace a controller. I had to replace my ps4 controller twice and I barely play the thing.

I have a pro controller but I like handheld mode.
I know it's a meme but it's comfy

I think it's an orzly.. It's really annoying to take off and it feels like I'm damaging the joycons/joycon rails when doing so. I was hoping it'd be a more flexible case like my phone case is.

no u

Attached: 1517763828947.png (1348x1172, 313K)

I don't know, Nintendo has a really good track record with refurbished products from what I've seen. My N3DSXL looks brand new. The screens are perfect, no blemishes on the shells of any kind, and there's no oil/grime or any indication that it was ever used by anyone.

Refurbished doesn't necessarily mean it was ever used, but that there was just a problem with it at some point. As far as I'm concerned, I paid $120 for a brand new N3DSXL.

Because Nintentoddlers will eat anything up, no matter how shitty. Just look at this thread.

Funny how drifting became a serious problem now, more than 2 years after Switch came out.

Nintendo fans will defend it

Why is everyone acting like this is exclusive to the joy con or Nintendo, and why the name "Joy Con drift? I've experienced joystick drift on nearly every single console whose controllers have joysticks. Sony, Microsoft Nintendo. First and third party controllers. Even on controllers that were bundled with the console. I've had joysticks where the pivot point breaks and the stick falls to the outer rim.

If I was to guess, they have a fix implemented with slightly updated technology like the wii motion plus built in, and will release it with the inevitable switch pro.

Attached: 1521404174537 2.png (297x136, 56K)

Why haven't you taken the PC pill yet?
>BOTW runs at a solid 60FPS with no dips, higher resolutions, Vulkan coming soon for AMDbros
>Yuzu coming along nicely
>Free games
>If you absolutely need to handheld experience you have the option of getting a Switch Lite for cheaper

>Funny how a problem related to wear and tear over time became serious after time has passed enabling the wear and tear to occur

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

Sounds like you should some treating your controllers like an ape

Haven't encountered this yet and I've had my Switch for almost two years now.

Nice try, faggot. People say they bought the console and oh boy, after 2 weeks it starts drifting.

Rephrase that in English.

>$180
Where the fuck do you live?

Don't get your hopes up
If you are really interested in the mini you should absolutely wait to see if they fix the drift
If you can't wait however although the switch emulator is not very far along in general oddessy itself runs pretty well perfectly since it is the game the devs have been focusing on.

PC is my main platform and I disagree.
Handheld is comfy as is docking it and not having to transfer my saves.
I get all my games for free so I'm happy.

I've literally never heard of it outside of Yea Forums

It has gyro user.

>No Gyro
It has Gyro

have you not had the issues with the Joycons disconnecting like three feet away from the system??

then the thing I read is false.
thanks for the correction.

Replaced mine and have had no issues for a year

you literally know maybe the name and two other things about it
>extra half hour of battery life
>theoretically better screen
>cannot dock
>not able to be hacked the same way as before due to not having the same physical issue as base Switch systems
>no HD rumble on the actual system due to no joycons, but games requiring it can be played with additional joycons
>has gyro
>1/3rd the price

The hacked Wii U is the ultimate emulator machine plus it has 80% of the Switch library, modded Smash, and it's still active for Splatoon online.

Attached: 1560835935319.jpg (481x353, 123K)

I've literally never had a controller malfunction on me. I have ps2 controllers from the early 2000s that still work perfectly.

maybe you should handle your shit better, user.

>extra half hour of battery life
not confirmed yet.
>theoretically better screen
they ordered the components ages ago, we know it uses better screens

Kek

>mfw bought pro controller day 1
>joycons still in mint condition

Attached: smag.png (325x243, 91K)

/3rd the price
2/3rds the price, you mean

but what about when you play in the handheld mode?

>it has 80% of the Switch library
Other way around

>plus it has 80% of the Switch library

>764 is 80% of 1784
???

Because it makes them more money. Just like RROD.

I literally don't. Switch is one of my favorite consoles of all time and I'm fairly sure I've played more on that console than any other before it, and I used to sit with my NES and SNES all day as a kid, and I never play it in handheld.

educate yourself youtube.com/watch?v=Z7um_1jr2vg

What are the implications for the Switch Lite then?
That thing is essentially just joycons fused to the tablet, from what we've seen. What the fuck happens if you get joycon drift on a Lite?

Good god, this could be a shit show.

Attached: thonking in detail.png (1280x1659, 1.71M)

expecting brainlets to know how to clean their products.

Odyssey requires playing the joycons separately for the motion controls if you want to aim your hat throws. I always feel gimped when I play the game in handheld.

Sorry I didn't count the ports and shovelware. The bloated switch library has no quality control.

That would require Nintendo to fix stupid users, and you can't fix stupid.

>just use the Pro Controller bro
>DPAD doesn’t work
>just void your warranty and mod it bro
Is this what being in a cult is like?

Attached: 96795E70-27AF-46B3-A5A0-FC0B499F330A.jpg (1536x2048, 596K)

Joycon drifting doesn't exist, none of my 8 joycons since day 1 have any issues. If you have problems it's because you're a fucking ape who doesn't know how to take care of your stuff and deserve to have to pay full price for a new set.

>My controllers in my specific situation have not yet malfunctioned, therefore it couldn't possibly happen except for misuse.

Nigger, I fucking take my controllers apart to clean and repair them. 99% of joystick drift can be fixed by dusting them. I wipe the grime out of the grips all the time. I regularly take my whole fucking keyboard apart and clean every key one by one.

Oh, the PS2 controllers you probably haven't used in 12 years work but the Xbox 360 I used constantly from 2007-18 broke. Durr, well I guess I godda tweat it beddah.

>I regularly take my whole fucking keyboard apart and clean every key one by one.
wagecuck by any chance? Just buy a new one, your time is worth more than that

Feels great, shit port machine

for you fucking idiots that think that the re-master model "looks like him".

It fucking doesn't

the hair, one of the most defining features of a realistically-proportioned video game character, is completely different.

The argument that real fans are making, is that the low-poly model is MORE FUCKING ACCURATE than the new one. How is this so hard to understand? We are not blindly stating "old=better!" for nostalgia, we are saying the older model actually looks like him, whereas the new one doesn't

Attached: squall.jpg (885x1100, 106K)

Switch fanboys on this board are aggressive manchildren.

>want to buy a switch just for taiko with the drum
Talk me out of it
osu!taiko is shit

Attached: 1341002849232.png (309x196, 4K)

>this so called 'drift'
can't wait for fanboys to spin it as a positive

But user, I still haven’t played BotW and have zero interest in buying it, what does that mean for me?

lmao

This board has a bunch of fanboys that will try to fight ANYTHING negative Nintendo. This is the board now, High School tier retards that defend the piece of plastic with their life.

means you like shit games

I've burnt through 2 Xbone controllers and I don't really use the thing that much. Eventually they just stop turning on, new batteries do nothing. Modern electronics are fucking garbage.

Attached: watchv=nDZAVpINuUA-[03.47.043-04.06.746].webm (854x480, 2.63M)

I fucking guarantee the people going "I've never had any problem, just treat your shit better" will turn into the people going "just use contact cleaner, I never had any problems after that" when they inevitably get drift'd

Don't use WD40 as a lubricant you dummies

Joycons suck ass
I threw them on the floor to see if the bounce and now they don’t work anymore
So much for quality

This is at 25% speed, so of course 30fps v 144fps would be a huge difference.

>THERE FINE
>Tank burst through wall
>JUST. FINE.

>tfw never had this problem
I'm glad people are working up a shitstorm over it though

Attached: 1548820343390.jpg (435x530, 22K)

It's a really huge difference regardless. The PC verison has a lot more visual fidelity as well, but that's to be fully expected.

TBQH I don't have any issues with the Joycon besides the tiny fucking buttons. And the Pro Controller's mod is optional, just did it because playing fighting games with the stock dpad annoys me.

cope

Must have hit a nerve

You jest but with old Nintendo products you could literally do just that and they would still work perfectly. Original Gameboy, GBA, DS, NES, SNES, and Gamecube controllers all still work like the day I bought them. Joycons were fucked after about a month of normal use.

I wish the writing wasn't complete utter crap, the game is gorgeous even on the Switch.

Literally every single time someone complains about the dpad there's always some retard telling them to just do the tape thing. I should have to put tape in a controller I paid 70 fucking dollars for

Nah
My shit works just fine

You're free to leave anytime. I don't understand why you faggots complain about this board being a Nintendo one while compulsively posting here 24/7. It's probably the most retarded thing you can do to yourself.

From what I understand you want the SKU ending in a C, for instance the red Joycons skus are 104885(A/B/C), you want C and up. Right now there are even D versions. Those tend to work in the long run.

It’s either literally kids or bored South American Huehues that want a Nintendo but can’t afford one due to the outrageous taxes.
Like literally 75% taxes nearly doubling the price

I mean, you've kinda answered your own question.
Why is the build quality of peripherals so poor and yet so expensive? Planned obsolescence, because they know you and the average consumer will have to buy another, and another, and another.
Because people will bend over backwards to defend them rather than admit that what's being done is bad for the consumer and we deserve better for our money.

Surprisingly my Pro Controller is wrong to shit but works perfectly, while my Xbone control looks brand new but the USB port is broken so I can only play it battery only. Also the analog is starting to drift.