What went wrong? It's like everyone forgot the game one second after it came out

What went wrong? It's like everyone forgot the game one second after it came out.

Attached: Untitled.png (957x523, 758K)

Not based on D&D so I couldn't bother to learn the rules to make my character

It's a lesser version of PST and what you would actually get with unfocused vision.

it was just a weird system. Also there wasnt much customization at all beyond class if I remember.

Torment was niche to begin with and Numenera is quite flawed.

Still very enjoyable game if you don't mind purple prose and love Dying Earth genre.

>nu men era

>What went wrong? I
Took the KS funds to finish Wasteturd 2.
Then suddenly during development they had to cut "content".

I've heard that the game goes full VN with barely any gameplay to speak of.
PST allowed you to avoid some combat but it was still an RPG at its core so i didn't bother with Numenera.

>love Dying Earth genre
The second most Reddit of genres? Can't say I do.

Btw the most Reddit of genres is "Lovecraftian", aka what seems the be the genre of Baldur's Gate III.

Hardly. Steampunk sure as hell is higher on the reddit scale than both of those. *respectfully tips brass-cog hat in your general direction*.

It's a purple prose skill check simulator with bad writing.

Half the content they promised on Kikescammer was cut and they never released it post launch.
The game launch unplayably broken and bugged and was abandoned by developer shortly after launch after fixing only the most gamebreaking bugs.
All the funds from it were stolen and funneled into Bard's Tale 4 and Wasteland 2.

True, it's up there. It can be third.

>All the funds from it were stolen and funneled into Bard's Tale 4 and Wasteland 2.
What a waste.

>Bard's Tale 4
And I still wonder why Microshit bought InXile after that one.

They were probably running on fumes the whole time which is why MS was able to buy them for pennies.
Maybe the MS buyout will allow them to do work on it.

>fumes
Nigger they're making Wasteland 3 on much higher budget and effort and that happened long before MS buyout.

>All the funds from it were stolen and funneled into Bard's Tale 4 and Wasteland 2.
I'm pretty sure inXile has been consistently doing this with all their KS funds.

What? If anything, Dying Earth as a genre is largely dead.

from what i understood it wasnt very good and the ending was just a wall of text.
Of all the CRPG Renaissance games, it kind of suffered the most from WORDS WORDS WORDS, bit off more than they could chew with the Torment title, and just overall had tons of small thingst aht didnt go well.

The game is good, really good. Problem is they released a beta and stopped all support. The game is unfinished and it shows.

>Illithids
>Lovecraftian
fuckign zoom zoom leave.
You fuckers think that everything with tentacles is lovecraft.
And then, user was reddit

I'll give it props for being a game where outright combat is usually second or tertiary option when it comes to problem solving because of how Crisis are structured. I just wish game didn't outright spell out alternate solutions to you, though.

>wasteland 2 fail
>neo torment fail
>bt 4 fail

how can you fuck up 3 rpgs

Wasteland 3 will be another 15 hours failure

>Wasteland 2 stole it's funds.
>Wasteland 2 came out 3 years before it.

Um, sweetie.

Neither of them is really bad, though.

>WL2
Too archaic for its own good and less Fallout than people wanted it to be.

>Numanuma
Niche spiritual successor to what was already an acclaimed, but niche game. Lacks unifying vision.

>BT4
Game out of time for modern RPG audiences that, arguably, launched with too much redundant content. Wait for the Director's Cut.

Obviously meant 3 and everyone else understood just fine that it's a typo. Or did Bard's Tale 4 being mentioned not clue you in?

Nigger, everyone who looks at them will think Lovercraft.

Attached: Illithid_Sorcerer.png (270x368, 163K)

Good game. Awful setting. Lots of bugs, Lots of unfinished content.

Yeah and everyone that actually knows DnD or has played a single CRPG that they appeared in will immediatly realize that thats not what they are.

>Numetard kickstarted date
>launch on March 6, 2013.
>Wasteturd 2 release
>September 19, 2014
Hmmm........

It's actually not that bad from a game design standpoint, and the photogrammetry was a good idea (although whoever is optimizing the engine can't seem to make it work well enough). The player/human NPC models are absolute dogshite but you spend most of the game not looking at them so it's not a big deal.

That said, as someone who prefers Wizardry-style dungeon crawlers, BT4 is basically a glorified puzzle game.

So 95% of people then.

Except they are lovecraftian. Gygax created them based on a book cover for a cthulu mythos book that he seen.

Illithids are not even remotely lovecraftian outside of being squids, they're more similar to Alien in what they are than being lovecraftian elder gods in any way.

With your retardation you might as well say Spongebob is lovecraftian, if anything BG3 will be like Independence Day at worst or War of the Worlds at best if Larian plays their cards right with tying the invasion well to the underdark.

No, it'll be like Rick and Morty.

As someone familiar with the setting this true for the most part. Thing is, it's the kind of "anything goes" setting that has some things set in stone, but is also heavily dependent on GM making calls. Not to mention there are parts of the world intentionally left untouched by story and future updates so GM and party can make use of them without stepping on anything established. For Numenera to really work in a story-centric RPG like this you'd need to give it a whole lot more definition.

I think it was pretty decent. Much less combat focused than its cousins, but it did its own thing good enough. The setting is great and the writing is pretty good to (at some points they tried a bit to hard but nothing too bad).

I don't regret the money and time I spend on it and will probably play it again in a few years.

>reviews are actually positive

Does the game live up to it?

you have to play as a nigger/10
oh, wait you actually dont have to play ;)

>Director's Cut.

it wont fix the game
repeated puzzles gets boring very quick and fighting enemies isn't even that exciting in this game

No, not at all

It's not a broken or horrendously bad game, it just has to live up to Planescape Torment which it fails to accomplish. With Torment in the title and all the marketing buildup to that connection game would've been better received for sure.

My first playthrough was pretty speech-based so I was dumbfounded by some encounters which practically forced me into combat.
The reveal was boring and uninspired.

>Btw the most Reddit of genres is "Lovecraftian", aka what seems the be the genre of Baldur's Gate III.
Imagine being this much of an uncultured swine lel