FROM game

>FROM game
>first boss fight is one you're supposed to lose

wow that's fucking disappointing. i thought we left this stupid trope in the early 2000s

Attached: 220px-Sekiro_art.jpg (220x275, 23K)

If you git gud you can beat Genichiro right at the beginning

Attached: IMG_20190624_021205378_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg (3264x1836, 1.06M)

you're supposed to lose if you're a shitter yeah

Reminder that Dark Souls 2 set the standard of getting this right.

>trope
quickly becoming one of the most annoying words in the english language.

He's beatable though.

still one of the least annoying vocab on this board

I'm sure you'll get over it

and they throw it in the trash
fuck you Hackazaki

something I liked in dmc5 more then sekiro was how if you were good enough you could beat the prologue boss if you were good enough, thought that was a nice touch for skilled players.

whats wrong with it?

They did it in Demon Souls and somewhat in Bloodborne too.

>something I liked in dmc5 more then sekiro was how if you were good enough you could beat the prologue boss if you were good enough, thought that was a nice touch for skilled players.
That's unfair of you to say when you can beat prologue boss in Sekiro too.

You can win, but you're not expected to.

You could say the word's become a bit of a trope itself my good friend :^)

You can beat Genichiro in the prologue in Sekiro, and it's easier than Urizen.

The only other game that applies to is Demon's Souls.
I guess you can lose against the werewolf at the start of Bloodborne but you can also just run past it to the lantern.
God I wish Bloodborne ran at 60 FPS.

You're not supposed to lose to the Asylum Demon, you're supposed to run past it.
DaS2 also has the most boring tutorial section in the series, the most "exciting" bit is the fat ogre with shitty grab hitboxes.

I wonder the ratio of people who died to : thought to run from the asylum demon on their first try without any prior knowledge. Either way, you're supposed to "lose" to him before you beat him.

Dark Souls 2 is fucking trash.

I think he was talking about pursuer as he's kind of the first (mini) boss you meet in DaS2.

Yeah it's called learning from your mistakes and using your brain
If your first thought when things get difficult is smashing your thick skull against it then you will struggle

>first fight you’re supposed to lose
You mean the last fight. Because man, it’s one brutal slog.

People on Yea Forums complain about the stupidest shit

You can do the same fucking thing in Sekiro and it isn't nearly as hard. What is it about Sekiro that makes people so fucking dumb?

But what is even the point of that? At no other point in the game are you supposed to (you couldn't even if you wanted to) run from a boss fight. It holds no purpose whatsoever.

It teaches you to run away from strong enemies and look for better ways to fight them (plunging attack or better equipment for example)

It's not exactly running, but you're expected to get crystal fucked by Seath.
I'm not sure why you expect it to be repeated in the game though. It's an entry into dungeoneering, using your head, looking out for traps, ambushes .etc

oh really, only played through the game once. Maybe I'll give it another shot just to see if I can beat him.

He’s pathetically easy if you fight him in ng+

What happens if you do?

Some ninja fag throws shuriken off screen at you and Genichiro cuts off your arm like usual.

You know, at this point Yea Forums deserved a little higher quality bait than this. You would've been better off making some stupid /pol/ thread, or something about sjws or whatever. This isn't even low quality bait, just flat out bad. I know you want to start some shit, which is fine, but you're never gonna reach those 400+ replies of seething anons. All you'll be getting is zoomer numbers, 100-ish replies at most. Apply yourself.

Beating Genichiro at the start should end the game, rather than the "you get beaten in the cutscene anyways" asspull.

>losing to Genchiro at first
Y'all don't really do this?

you realize i had literally just picked up the game right?

Generic words besides stuff and shit are good, especially if they're one standard deviation less of genericness. Language is about communication.

Thinking about it, maybe it could have been executed better if the boss name and health never showed up until you meet him the second time for the "proper" fight. Maybe even coincide it with landing the plunging attack or dropping down.

Faggot

Doesn't this happen in Demon's Souls? If you beat the fat demon guy the Dragon God punches you to death anyway.

It does, although between him and Vanguard there's a bunch of bonus items as a reward. It technically also happens in Bloodborne with the first werewolf, it's supposed to kill you so you go to the dream to get tooled up and rematch it, but you can kill it or run past and proceed to the lantern.

He's too easy for that. Of course we all died to him the first time, but you fight him so many times during the game that he's too easy on ng+. I liked that they included the alternate way of losing your arm, wish from did more stuff like that throughout the game. Maybe a way to fight Isshin as the tengu, that would've been awesome