Be me

>be me
>buy a white xbox one s controller
>the A button wouldn't register sometimes when I tilt it to the right
>return it to the store
>get a black controller
>it has the same issue but now it wouldn't work when I tilt it to the left
can anyone with xbox controllers try this please? you basically put your thumb on the button and tilt it to either direction like a stick and then try pressing to see if it's registered every time or not

also, controller thread

Attached: xbox.webm (464x848, 1.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/p/Microsoft-Xbox-360-JR9-00011-Gamepad/141257523?iid=192948896161&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=192948896161&targetid=538495488695&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9021570&poi=&campaignid=1881303769&mkgroupid=66933538261&rlsatarget=pla-538495488695&abcId=1139336&merchantid=119143433&gclid=CjwKCAjw67XpBRBqEiwA5RCocWboQuhNNYqQ4j-iUlK2dq4IHuUjw6g0PZcWZhbZrbbq-hrjfg2RWxoCgTUQAvD_BwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mine does this too.

This is my first xbox controller too. I've used a ds4 for years, so I don't know if I'm that unlucky to have got two faulty controllers or this is how it's supposed to be (???) and I should just get used to it.
Is yours new too? Has it always been like this?
Will I just get used to this? I'm playing dark souls right now and I sometimes have to press several times in the menus.

i've been using an xbone controllee for ywars and i have no idea what you are talking about. can you elaborate some more?

I never had that issue, the only problem I have with the Xbone controller is clicking the right stick in. Sometimes it just wont go in, other times it does.

I don't know how else to describe it, but basically if you put your thumb on the A button and tilt it to either left or right and then try to press it, it wouldn't register sometimes.

Attached: xboxtest2.webm (464x848, 298K)

Fuck, mine does this too.
Feels like such a downgrade going from an xbox 360 controller to this shit.
I searched online and couldn't find anything about it, so I assumed that's just what they were all like.

Wow, I have the same problem with my white xbox controller too. Super annoying when you need to hold A to prolong jump or something.
Now I'm pressing it really hard all the time.

I just tested mine, did not have that issue. But I do know these controllers suck, I've gone through 3 of them compared to only 1 of the 360 version...

>I searched online and couldn't find anything about it, so I assumed that's just what they were all like.
I couldn't find anything either, and that's why I returned the first controller. I actually really like it though, it's comfy and every game picks it up no problem, but this is annoying. I have only used it for a few days, so I'm thinking if I should return this one and stick to the DS4 or hope I'll get used to this.
>Super annoying when you need to hold A to prolong jump or something.
I was just playing Dark Souls where I put/dash roll on A, and my character would sometimes start rolling when I'm dashing because of this :\ Pressing really hard fixes this, but come on. None of the other buttons do that either.
Did you test both left and right sides? And thanks for testing and replying, user

It has done it since day one. Used to bother me but I've subconsciously adapted. I've tried to take it apart to fix it but Microsoft has this fucking stupid frame system on the PCB that's a pain.

The A button doesn't register unless you press firmly in the center. None of the other buttons ever do this.

The problem kinda fixes itself a bit when you use A button a lot. It becomes more wobbly and less stiff.
I got mine specifically to play Sekiro and oh boy I raged at this shit a lot

>The problem kinda fixes itself a bit when you use A button a lot.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for.

Is there any modern controller out there with the build quality to last at least a few years with heavy use? Seems like every single one of them has problems now, whereas I've got Gamecube controllers, DS2s, and original Xbox controllers that have a few thousand hours on them and still work fine.

Yeah I tried to push it in every direction before pushing, always registered. But mine is almost a year old and the button is very loose compared to your webms

now every other button is stiff compared to A

Attached: 113.png (300x200, 137K)

>doesn't register unless you press firmly in the center
my facebuttons register regardless of where i press them. i'm using both first gen xbone controllers and the revision ones with a headphone jack (no bluetooth, before the xbone s)

dualshock 4

>tfw you can't find anymore 360 controllers to buy
>tfw you should've bought a few on reserve
Xbox one is too expensive and fucking bumper break all the time.

Attached: 1533719121824.jpg (584x575, 50K)

Shame about that battery life though. I like it more than the flimsy dualshock 3, but at least that one would last me like 40-50 hours before needing a charge.

>i'm using both first gen xbone controllers and the revision ones with a headphone jack (no bluetooth, before the xbone s)
maybe it does get better then :\
I've had two dualshocks 4, and both of them developed issues with thumbsticks within a pretty short period of time. My first one got that "L3 running glitch" in a year and a half, and my second one's right thumbstick started drifting to the right in only 6 months.

I know several people who changed few PS4 controllers over the years.
It's not better quality and triggers/bumbers are objectively worse.
I personally dislike its dpad too
dpad is so shit, why would you use it on PC when you need dpad a lot for platformers

>I got mine specifically to play Sekiro and oh boy I raged at this shit a lot
Imagine doing a no-hit run on Sekiro and failing because the button decided not to work at that specific moment.

the latest white xbox controllers are the best and most satisfying controllers i've ever used. the scruffy grips are extremely comfortable, the buttons (especially the two tabs) feel very responsive. I wonder when will sony have comparable levels of controller ergonomics, thier controls never cease to be shit. but atleast the latest dualshock looks somewhat aesthetic.

ebay.com/p/Microsoft-Xbox-360-JR9-00011-Gamepad/141257523?iid=192948896161&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=192948896161&targetid=538495488695&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9021570&poi=&campaignid=1881303769&mkgroupid=66933538261&rlsatarget=pla-538495488695&abcId=1139336&merchantid=119143433&gclid=CjwKCAjw67XpBRBqEiwA5RCocWboQuhNNYqQ4j-iUlK2dq4IHuUjw6g0PZcWZhbZrbbq-hrjfg2RWxoCgTUQAvD_BwE

here's one right here. why wouldn't you be able to buy a 360 controller?

>dpad is so shit, why would you use it on PC when you need dpad a lot for platformers
I don't need a dpad for any platformer or emulating for that matter.
I find it weird that anyone actually uses a dpad for these.

Mine does as well. I think MS fucked something out on an entire batch of controllers or something.

I've had a PS4 since about a year after launch. I've only had two Dualshock 4 controllers. The one that came with the console lasted me until about 2017. I had no issues with the analog sticks or dpad but eventually the right trigger wore out from extended use. My only other issue with the DS4 is the battery life which is abysmal. Aside from that they're good controllers if you actually take care of them and aren't unnecessarily rough.

It is comfortable, and I really like this controller; it's just this button that's been pissing me off 2bh.
How long have you used yours? Does it bother you?
>I find it weird that anyone actually uses a dpad for these.
You probably just haven't played a platformer where the d-pad is clearly a better choice.

>I find it weird that anyone actually uses a dpad for these.

How old are you?

I didn't do that kind of shit but that still annoyed the fuck out of me.
Especially because I bought the white one as replacement for my old Xbox one black controller that had drifting right stick.
You must be joking, sticks are horrible when you need precise 2D movement

Because that's not shipping to Germoney.

>I find it weird that anyone actually uses a dpad for these
How? Dpad feels more precise for most 2D games, to me at least. Maybe it's because I grew up using one.

Sure, I'm not saying everyone gets these issues, but I'm one of those people who really do take care of their devices, and it did happen to me twice.
>as replacement for my old Xbox one black controller
Did that one have this too?

>How long have you used yours? Does it bother you?
I've had mine for about nine months or so. It bothers the fuck out of me because I play a lot of racing games where I always have A and B as shift down and shift up respectively, so my thumb tends to stay sort of between the two and if I'm not careful I get a 'light press' on the A because it gets tilted to the right and feel the tactile bump but it doesn't register.

Yeah, I've heard all of these before. I grew up on NES / SNES, too, but there is nothing more precise about a dpad.

>there is nothing more precise about a dpad.
you must be joking

>Sure, I'm not saying everyone gets these issues, but I'm one of those people who really do take care of their devices, and it did happen to me twice.
I believe you. I had a lot of issues with the Dualshock 3 a while back. They feel like the worst controllers Sony has ever made to me from a build standpoint because they always broke on me. Dunno if I just had bad luck or what. The battery life was god tier though.

>Did that one have this too
no, old black Xbox one controller never had this issue.
Face buttons were great and really smooth but bumpers were stiff as fuck and hard to press.
Triggers were too easily pressed and were hard to control.

This is bait.

I've had the same DS4 for 3 or 4 years, still works great. Battery life still lasts a lot too, but I'm using it on PC with the lightbar set really dim, so probably that helps a lot.

>bait
>must be joking

Memes and feelings but nothing else, every time.
>Hurr durr underage, didn't grow up on classic games, some invisible metric for precision.

>DS2s
this is bullshit, ds2's broke nonstop.

Listen, if you can work with an analog stick then that's fine. I just find the dpad to feel better personally when I'm playing a fighting game or an old platformer.

>
>>DS2s
>this is bullshit, ds2's broke nonstop.

This, especially the models that came with the OG fat PS2.

>I just find the dpad to feel better personally
Yes that's what I said nigger.
I haven't attacked your personal choice of input. Above I merely remarked that I find it weird that there is always small group of people who must instantly claim how superior dpad is which is always based on feelings and no facts but obviously sell it as fact.

Didn't read but DS2's dpad is better

To be fair, the DPAD should be more accurate for a 2D side scroller as a fact. Without a deadzone, you get exact directional presses as soon as you press the direction (save for some input delay).

a big black guy just walked into my house guys...

Hey OP, just wanted to inform you mine also does this. It's specifically when it tilts to the right. I should also clarify mine is relatively new too, I got it around last christmas but havnn't had much time to actually use it.
I was hoping that with more wear it would eventually fix itself but that's honestly a guess more than anything.

DS2s broke because they used fucking analog for every button. If you played games with pressure sensitive actions like racing and ace combat, your buttons were eventually unresponsive to anything but the hardest input.

Thanks for replying. Yeah, let's hope it does get fixed by itself.

>mfw panics and checks controller and it works fine
this may have something to do with new iterations?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

which revision have you got?

Attached: joycon.webm (740x780, 856K)

Obsessed.

With what?

new gen can't come soon enough

mode seven is black?

would it say wich revision is somewhere in the box?
i still have it

dios mio, el anti-shadman

That's a fake, mate.

Tfw wired 360 controllers were $15 on Amazon years back. Wish I'd bought 10.

Attached: 1539303637179.png (676x507, 287K)

I think so, but there's another way, is the back of your controller kind of scruffy? If so, it's the last one.

is this wired?

it has a pseudo rubber on the handles if that's what you meant

yes
yes

So what? It's the same thing and have zero differences except the logo

try not to press it like a little pussy

it has no soul

Severely stupid question but just to make sure, this thing doesn't work for Xbone controllers, right?

Attached: wireless adap.jpg (466x573, 20K)

if you want to use the xbox one controllers from before the xbox one s controller came out (and the white xbox one elite controller) you need the specific xbox one controller wireless adapter. the xbox one s controllers and the series two elite have bluetooth functionality (unless you want to link more than one/two (can't remember) to one computer.

>be me
Would you be someone else?

I think a schizo would be better equipped to answer this question.

I'm shit outta luck then since my PC doesn't have bluetooth as it's not something I ever really have a need for if it weren't for this. Guess it's either get the adapter or going wired. Oh well.

Like who

me