Why aren't you learning Japanese in order to play untranslated and uncensored Japanese video games?

Why aren't you learning Japanese in order to play untranslated and uncensored Japanese video games?

Attached: 87470.jpg (1920x1080, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/define
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kanji are bullshit

そうかー。お母さんも楽しかった?

Oh, but I am.

だから今日本語勉強しています。

sauce

もう日本語がちゃんと読めるから、僕には関係ない。

I started learning in 2002. I've been playing untranslated jp games longer than a lot of you have been alive.

グーグルは君の友達ですよ

ggrks

ザーメンデモン

Attached: cap190716_2004290.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

>kanji book I got told me to remember 母 as a pair of mommy tits

I did, and I regret it. VNs are shallow and the stories are definitely not worthwhile. Any actually interactive video game with decent story will be translated and localized.

If you don't love to read in your native language, definitely don't bother learning another to read mindless filler your brain would skip over in English.

Huh, weird. Why did they adopt a word for semen from Germans of all people?

I'm trying but I'm very unfocused in how I am learning

/g/ here, don't bother learning Japanese. Deep learning AI will become a god japanese to english translator in the future.

Attached: see it and sip.jpg (604x604, 62K)

Attached: 01.jpg (850x1200, 329K)

今日は、電車で1時間勉強しました。

yeah, don't learn anything because thing will happen in 2180 AD

I'm not a pedophile.

You're a faggot.

loli is the future.

Attached: 1549115803930.jpg (2000x1239, 305K)

>completely altering the character's personality
what's even the point

I don't remember this scene from RDR2

visual novels are baby japanese.

there's enough works with her standard personality already, putting a dark spin on things can be fun.

Attached: __emma_yuu_gi_ou_duel_links_and_etc_drawn_by_suzuki_toto__sample-2d85e5b2a57483db001909ceecfb85ad.jp (850x1254, 272K)

Because I'm not a pedophile who gets off to underage cartoon girls

Because I'm an idiot that barely has a grasp on the English language let alone another one. Thankfully there are people translating games and VN's all the time so I wait for that.

Translating obscure VNs is a non-priority. Either you learn the language or you learn how to write an AI that can translate the language. You have to take control if you want to see the results.

translations are bad, i'm more interested in learning to play unraped versions of translated games than to play untranslated games.

ロリゲーのために日本語を学ぼう~っていう思考に乗ってこのクソ言語になんとなく中途半端の程度で憶えた
でもその後ある問題に打付けた
その途中に語彙を広める行為自体が楽しくなり、上達即自ゴール其れなり、そしてそのためにはもっと難文を浸ってを必至と成った
でもロリゲーがあれでしょ?語彙範囲は決して広くないよつっか初心者向きみたいなもんだ
その結果趣旨を逸らして中二ゲーしか遊べない無惨な狂人へ募った
有って面倒臭いんだよね

Attached: 2018-04-29-203652.jpg (960x544, 122K)

me on the right

Zamendemon

>mfw bought Galaxy book and preordered Ryuusei WA
>Ys IX, P5R and Yakuza next

Comfy times soon after the lackluster first half of 2019. Only thing good I had was Eve Rebirth Terror.

>tfw still no 13 Sentinels and Anonymous;Code

Attached: PS Communities_20190703_202326.jpg (3840x2160, 581K)

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaauceeeeeeee

>t.Goldberg

did you play robotics;notes dash?

realistically how hard is Japanese to learn? I hear both that it's not that hard and that it's one of the most difficult languages out there. I was thinking about maybe spending a semester there but I only know about 4 words. Not native English btw, mid Europe.

9ヶ月前から勉強のこと始まったけど
難しいなのに、頑張るよ

Any tips on reading katakana/hiragana naturally? I'm still going character by character sounding it out. I know them all but am still so slow to read.

Hmm yeah DaSH is pretty good too. I still have 3 more routes to go though.

Attached: PS Communities_20190717_025502.jpg (3840x2160, 1.03M)

based

Even if this happened within our lifetime, the theoretical limitation of just basic information transfer between the languages makes even "perfect" translation pretty poor.

If you gave me the choice between an ideal AI translation, and the original text in Japanese, I'd take the original every time. Too much nuance is lost.

もっと読め

Because they're not games so I don't give a shit

>uncensored
I wish

The question should be, "Why aren't you playing untranslated and uncensored japanese video games in order to learn japanese?"
Those of you who are waiting for the moment you can leave localizations behind, that moment is now.

did you play the 13 sentinels demo?

Me with the yellow backpack on the right

Attached: 1562170047694.png (698x768, 510K)

There's a basic level of competency you have to achieve before you can actually understand the shit you're reading, though. Past that point, it's plain sailing all the way to fluency, but you can't just skip from beginner to intermediate.

i actually play video games. most japanese games come translated in english. the only shit that doesn't is your pedo visual novels, which aren't even video games.

I'm lazy and I don't have any use for the language except for hentai games or anime. Mostly because I'm lazy and can't be bothered.

Yes but it's so god damn complicated that I'll probably need to replay it again in the main game.

Attached: PS Communities_20190717_030244.jpg (3840x2160, 731K)

I just press enter and skip all the text, I only care for the 2D tiddies you nerd lmao

they don't come translated, they come "localized"
i hope you know what that means

What type of game is this anyway? All the trailers show is people walking.

It's a pure adventure game, all you do is move around and pick options in dialogues.

The choices are so straightforward enough (in the demo at least) that it's like a visual novel though.

Attached: PS Communities_20190717_030830.jpg (3840x2160, 1.27M)

>basic level of competency you have to achieve before you can actually understand the shit you're reading
what do you guys think this point is? I started reading basic stuff like pic like a month after I went through grammar and kanji.

Attached: fuwaru.png (645x511, 64K)

Sounds like a game designed specifically for the japanese audience. Is this really coming to the west? Nobody likes reading here.

名前は何ですか?

This game looks very cute and funny

^

I've seen people trying to read shit after a month or two, it's painful. If it's real babby shit then maybe you'll be alright.

When all Japanese games are drawn by Homare and/or Oda Non, I will. Fuck this toddler sameface bullshit.

I've seen people not read shit after half a month of learning and it's even more painful.
We all start somewhere, read pretty much anything with furigana, have a dictionary at hand and make the effort.

>There's a basic level of competency you have to achieve before you can actually understand the shit you're reading
Obviously you won't understand anything at first, that's normal, but each day you'll understand a little more. The only thing one might need to actually study is the kana so you can actually read stuff, but that takes a day (and then actually reading stuff often so that they'll stick)

Removed in the PS4 version.

>Un(affirmative grunt)! This child, the wind spirit, Mute, says so?

I'm still learning so please tell me how wrong I am.

This is how Japanese people think you look when you tell them you're learning Japanese.

Attached: david-kun-2.jpg (469x355, 36K)

I heard this guy suicide.

We can only hope.

というの here means "is called".
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/define
Look at this article to understand.

ゲーム名?

Also a beginnet here, where did you get Mute from?

>uncensored
>Japan
Uh huh.
Anyway, I can't think of anything that's worth playing that hasn't already been localized.

Because I don't have that much free time. Gotta work to feed myself. Then I use what little time left to entertain myself.

I lucked out and learned Japanese and English at the same time. I don't think I would've ever bothered learning it the hard way.

why bother when i can just look up the cgs

ミュート

I guess. I feel like there's a decent group of VN readers in the west though, but maybe not a lot if limited to PS4?

Nowadays people are actively doing ネガキャン against PS4 too so it's indeed quite troubling.

One of the more recent hit would be Raging Loop, only just taken up by PQube.

Attached: PS Communities_20190717_031424.jpg (3840x2160, 418K)

>I can't think of anything that's worth playing that hasn't already been localized.
This statement is so fucking dumb. If it hasn't been localized, you've probably never even heard of it, dude.

uncensored, as in "still has the important scenes intact"

Attached: 1553958781249.jpg (960x544, 85K)

少女ラムネ
平凡作品だ、ロリゲーが欲しいなら通心ぼとなつくもゆるるの方は個人的な勧めだ

Hence the "I can't think of anything" part.
There might be something, but I'm not aware of it.

>Raging Loop
>A visual novel
No thanks.

Boy I've got a ways to go. Thanks.

>uncensored
I don't think so.

>learning my third language and going smoothly
>monolingual nip brainlet wants to talk shit
I'd have more reasons to laugh at him t.b.h.

Attached: 1461695822773.gif (245x246, 1.93M)

A small cat

There’s nothing I want to play that hasn’t been translated and the stuff that I might want to play have translated scripts floating around.

However I’m still intrested in learning regardless

After opening the boarders they send envoys to other countries to learn form them. Most medical stuff came from germany, that's why many old doctors in japan still speak german.

I can smell her C from here

オマンコ

Her おまん子

>そうかー
you failed

Why indeed

Attached: 1560640990662.jpg (2048x1600, 690K)

俺たちはできそこないのクソゲーの中のキャラ

Make it chibi

and lewd however you say it

Just to elaborate on what said, you can use と言う to quote but it is usually used for this with the past form と言った.

おちんちん大好き

Attached: CqC65UdVIAEBEbF.jpg (960x540, 75K)

that's a クンニ

it's a very refreshing smell

Attached: 10710a80cafcb21b4900e8551ebdaac8.jpg (483x700, 119K)

I'm not autistic

My brothers

Attached: 1561752076834.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

yeah, you're just a loser

まんこ is best tiny

Shoujo Ramune

>my favorite novel is: "ヤンデレ女神に愛され過ぎる性活 ~四六時中あなたを見守って参りました。全ての欲望を満たします。愛の証で孕ませてください~" how did you know?

Attached: chrome_CUqo30G7bo.png (480x770, 1003K)

>not recognizing her from the hentai

m8

Attached: 1556556285133.jpg (1280x720, 254K)

「ロリマン」って書くんだよ
流石西洋人なんですけど
芸能、文化、社会、技術だけじゃなくて言語まで遅れているぞw

Attached: 1D6jrdegU0AAPdAz.jpg (819x1200, 144K)

Attached: __adachi_tenka_komako_semenovich_miyauchi_renge_and_sayama_chie_non_non_biyori_and_etc_drawn_by_twin (1000x1000, 501K)

I didn't even get that far, turns out my ability to remember symbols is fucked.

bullshit
just as a reminder, there are people with an iq below 90 successfully learning nihongo

Will I go straight to jail if I translate this?

>using katakana for a native japanese word

I love this

Attached: 1535273414340.jpg (1280x720, 342K)

Oh dear god no

unless said AI translates literally all VNs/other games it's still useless
like the vast majority of gay VNs are and probably will remain untranslated, and only like one of the ones actually translated isn't fucked up/generic/shitty translation.

Do you know if there's a hanzhí for that word?

I didn’t know it was anything outside of a hentai but SR is quite good