Hey! Listen!

Let's talk about the greatest tactical RPG ever made. Who's your favorite mercs? Go to weapons? Favorite maps?

Also, give me some ideas for a fresh playthrough. I've done things like only eastern bloc weapons, pistols and shotguns only, pre-1945 weapons only, and just wrapped up a jew playthrough where I only used Israeli manufactured weapons. Need a fresh idea, just don't say melee or grenades only, etc, as that's just retarded.

Attached: Jagged_Alliance_2_Coverart.png (256x286, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com/index.php?t=msg&th=21864&prevloaded=1&&start=1040
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Who's your favorite mercs? Go to weapons?
Barry, Grizzly and Ice always serve me well.
FAMAS (in 1.13) is fantastic as it has an integrated bipod (so can use UGL with bipod), low AP to read, high RoF and 3 round burst

For a fresh playthrough you could play with a mod like AIMNAS or Urban Chaos

Attached: ja2_inv.png (713x724, 830K)

I already use AIMNAS and I've done a handful of playthroughs of Urban Chaos. It was fun, but I much prefer the vanilla maps.

get the 1.13 mod and do an infiltration playthrough
use disguises to get in set some c4 on some shit and get out and watch the fireworks
you cant get through every encounter like this but a solid snake run is fun as fuck

>Get the 1.13 mod

Obviously. I mean who the fuck doesn't play 1.13? Also I might actually try making a spy but that's always sounded like going against the entire point of a tactical battle game.

its fun to try after youve played through the game a few times

Use only a single merc, a super IMP
Max stats, every trait, etc.

I try to get into this game maybe once every year or so and i never make it past the first mission. I loved the older fallouts and underrail. Usually a tactical game like this should be right up my alley but Christ is this one not grabbing hold of me.

Nah. I tried playing with uber IMPs years ago. That shits just no fun. I lower my IMPs starting skill points nowadays.

1.13 mod: *exists, featuring hundreds of weapons and still getting updates since the first and only time I tried it in 2007*

Me, a purist: *refuses to play it because "you have to finish the vanilla game so you appreciate the changes more"*

Also me: *finally beats the game for the first time after 15 years of countless reinstalls, still can't be fucked to play 1.13 on account of being a purist faggot*

Not even mad

(I've been playing RDR2 since launch using nothing but the Cattleman Revolver and the sawn-off outside of hunting since release and never tried any custom outfits; also put almost 300 hours into nu-Hitman equipping nothing but the fiber wire and the coin - if at all - at any given playthrough. Purist or autist? You decide)

Also, Igor, Grizzly and Gus are my favorite and some of the most based vidya characters. The way Reaper says "I see you" is bad ass and makes the likes of Duke Nukem look like a Seattle szöjböj in comparison. Gus saying "Woody" and Magic saying "Snapperheads" is funny as hell. I first started playing at age 13 (got the game with a gayman magazine for xmas 2003) with a really basic understanding of English and JA2 helped me learn a bunch of new shit also made me appreciate firearms and 80s action movie aesthetics. My all time favourite game. Too bad it's rarely mentioned on Yea Forums but I have a feeling with all the "RDR2 has le klunky kontrols xdd" threads that most Yea Forums users are ADHD zoomers

It has an astoundingly steep learning curve. They're baked into my mind, but it took me forever just to learn all the hotkeys: swapping in and out of stealth mode, dropping backpacks, etc. Although it might seem like a chore to many people nowadays I'd highly suggest reading the manual. It doesn't take too long and will make you far more familiar with how to play.

Purist user again
I beat the game in 2017 and rescued John (I think that's what he's called, the tourist) and got an email from him where he mentions something like "it's good to be back in the USA, the people here would never think of electing a woman as President" which along with the thought of Hillary as Deidranna was hilarious; I haven't laughed at a game so hard in a long time and the timing was perfect; prophetic shit since the game came out in 98

I've been playing JA2 since it's release and also consider it my favorite game. With that said though, you certainly need to give 1.13 a chance. That shit only improves the game. Even if you don't care at all about the new weapons, the amount of new tactical options it opens up just by giving you an INI file you can edit to your liking and adding shit like enemy roles, i.e. snipers, medics, etc make it a whole new game while still being JA2 at heart. And the best part about it is its all customizable. Don't like something? Turn it off. Feel like suppression is too weak? Adjust it.

Well is there anything in particular that's missing?

>adjust suppression

I'm convinced. Thanks user

No. You can honestly change absolutely every parameter to you liking. It's great. Don't like how long it takes to train Strength? Change it. Don't like enemy bonuses on higher difficulties? Change it. Don't like the low radius of grenade splash damage? Change it. It's fucking great.

*Damn autocorrect. Was supposed to be NP not no.

Mfw

Attached: 1560452902680.jpg (544x403, 22K)

How come they don't make complex tactical games like this anymore? It's so weird, the best games of the genre are decades old.

Also if you are gonna start a new 1.13 playthrough, look for the "1.13 + AI" mod that sevenfm is working on in the bear's pit forum. It improves the AI and makes the game much more interesting

I have a weird boner over how suppression works in the game (more like the fact it does work at all; discovering it around the time i first learned it's a thing was awesome) but all the other stuff sounds good too
Thanks user

They wouldn't sell like zööm zööm zööm to the zoomer crowd

Here's a link, download is on his signature

thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com/index.php?t=msg&th=21864&prevloaded=1&&start=1040

1) No market for tactical games
2) No market for complex games
These two points are publisher repellent squared.
3) No indie savior to code it over ten years and as many cubic meters of adderall

It's not just tactics games. Gaming as a whole has embraced lower levels of complexity and more hand holding in an effort to appeal to as wide of an audience as possible. Christ I can't even remember the last modern game I've played that didn't have giant glowing icons saying "go here dumb fuck!"

>1) No market for tactical games
Didn't nu-XCOM do pretty well? Sure it was simplified a lot from the original but it's still a tactical game at heart.

Attached: That's XCOM bby.webm (640x480, 2.52M)

Finished this game 3 times when i was younger.
Make your main "night ops (expert)", take Wolf, fight during the night, finish game without a scar.