Just bought a 144hz VA curved monitor from MSI. What am I in for?

Just bought a 144hz VA curved monitor from MSI. What am I in for?

Attached: CADD8C5B-A6E9-4AF9-B617-95ABE75308EA.jpg (1123x559, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

viotek.com/gft27db-27-inch-wqhd-gaming-monitor-speaker-gsync-compatible/
pages.drexel.edu/~nac93/fov_calculator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>curved

>What am I in for?
A waste of money.

What's a good monitor to get with my RX 580?

>curved

Chill out, maybe OP is from Hammerfell.

Lottery for a good panel.
They have a 50% chance of being trash with backlilght bleeding and other undesierable defects.
I went through 3 144Hz panel monitors until I got lucky.
Brand doesn't even matter, the panels all come from korea.
It's pretty ridiculous if you look at the price, but not much can be done since manufacturers have a "deal with it" stance.

Curved was cheaper than flat. I’d prefer flat but whatever. I’ll get another one later and this will eventually become a secondary monitor.

whats so bad about curved?

>want to get a 1440p/144hz monitor
>all the 27" models are more expensive than 32" ones despite the fact that in every other instance, the bigger screens cost more
>finally find a good price on one that I want
>it's curved
>all the ones with competitive prices are curved

Attached: k visible confusion.jpg (430x381, 108K)

It’s a meme technology that looks like shit

Any good prime day deals you got Yea Forums?

realizing that if you want another monitor it also has to be 144hz even if you don't want to play video games on it

The need to upgrade
>get 3700x since I was cpu necked
>now my gpu is the bottleneck
end me

Why

It doesn't look like shit but it is a meme that serves no purpose but to sell new TVs/Monitors.

Windows Display Driver Model doesn't support independent rendering of your desktop environment. Basically if it has to draw a frame on one monitor at 60hz and another 144hz, you will either lose a frame on the 60hz monitor, or the 144hz monitor causing microstuttering and dropped frames.

>If I want another monitor
Why would I need a third monitor?

/thread

well if your second monitor isn't 144hz you're going to have this issue retard, doesn't matter how many you have.

Should have gone with the samsung. It's literally the same panel but it's a better monitor all around.

aren't all the 1440p/144hz ips panels literally from a single factory?

Probably but that doesn't mean it's the exact same panel. Could be iterations.

>curved
Lmao

This literal single digit IQ

Attached: curved_vs_flat_monitors_FOV.jpg (1000x644, 116K)

Curved monitors are pretty shit for secondary monitors unless you're going full Batman with 180 degree coverage or someshit.

Attached: Untitled.png (1173x589, 201K)

>VA
>curved
>not waiting literally 6 months for high hz IPS prices to drop
you fucking goofed

> IPS
> 3000:1 contrast

what about a curved laptop monitor
I'm sure someone at alienware is thinking about it right now
can you imagine the monstrosity

Your secondary monitors should never be enabled or turned on at all unless you're doing shit that actually requires two monitors for the sake of convenience or whatever. In those instances, it doesn't matter what hz they're running at, since it is obviously not playing vidya gaems.

OH GODDAMNIT THAT'S ARRIVING TODAY FUCK. I was told Wednesday you fucking amazon hacks.

> He never played a game and watched tv show at the same time

you're missing a key piece of information my pure, innocent retard. Any movement on any monitor causes this, has nothing to do with gaming, it's just simply more noticeable.

falling for the >60Hz meme lmao.

>MSI
Y I K E S
Y
I
K
E
S

>60hz
>2028
lmao

Curved actually makes sense on a bigger panel, your 32" especially

t. 3440x1440 34" Curved Chad

Wtf mine says Thursday

viotek.com/gft27db-27-inch-wqhd-gaming-monitor-speaker-gsync-compatible/
Cheapest on the market

>VA
>curved
yikes

What if the 60 hz monitor is on the igpu

doesn't matter, trust me, there's no escape from this hell until MS figures it out

Yes, thats for a 70" tv not for a 27" monitor.
Big ass tv? Go curved if you can
Monitor? It wont add anything and you can see the curve really easy with games that have a "flat plain"

That's true, but as a I said you're doing shit where that's a minor annoyance that doesn't outweigh the convenience of using multiple monitors.

>Curved
>VA

That's a nice resolution you have there.
Be a shame if no one supported it.

Besides some surge protectors, fucking nothing

After market 5700xt will save you

Got this bad boy on the way. Prime day is usually shit, the only things worth getting are headphones/speakers nearing the end of their product life or that has been sitting on the shelf too long at the warehouse.

Attached: Untitled.png (1262x591, 201K)

Funny about that, played EU4, Divinity 2 and Rage 2 last night - and they all support it

Guess it's time to install mint

Disappointment when you realize that Japan doesn't give two shits about supporting past 60 fps or wonky resolutions.

Damn, this is almost
>TN panel
No thanks.

>We’ve painstakingly engineered this TN panel to ensure eye-popping 16.7 million colors with 115% sRGB color gamut. Unheard of with TN panels — until now.

Attached: 2ec.png (327x316, 208K)

There's only 1 viable VA monitor that doesn't smear like shit. That's the AOC C24G1

Attached: AOC-C24G1-Tests-1.jpg (1080x616, 114K)

I want a 2tb ssd, but I still have 70 gigs remaining on the ssd I have now for games. Can't bring myself to shell out the cash for it.

I just got that same monitor last week, is nice.

For 650 bucks it better be amazing.

>What am I in for?
you tell us. how is the supposed VA ghosting/blurriness. I was thinking buying pic (BenQ EW277HDR) related. Im too tired of IPS glow.

Attached: EW277HDR-front-on.jpg (1200x800, 239K)

IPS have fantastic colors and no gamma shift. Really makes a difference. You can't get that on a VA

>IPS have fantastic colors
even modern TN have good colours. unless you put them side by side there is no difference.
>and no gamma shift.
yes they do.

my big concern is brightness. it hurts my eyes on an IPS even on lower settings. I was wondering if the Benq is also too bright.

>yes they do.
I have a 130€ IPS 768p TV and that piece of shit has very little gamma shift. Only noticeable if viewed at extreme angles. My TN panel has visible gamma shifts on top (darker) and bottom (clearer) at all times.

This looks like a good place to ask I guess. I have GTX 1050, in most games I play I can get around 130-150 FPS would it be worth it to get a 144 hz monitor if so which one would you recommend?

>GTX 1050
>in most games I play I can get around 130-150 FPS

what games are those ?

If you put low settings on most modern games you can get pretty high FPS, Overwatch and CSGO for example.

user, csgo came out 7 years ago

>2012
>Not modern
What?

It actually depends just as much on HOW CLOSE the screen is as to how large it is.

A 27 inch screen at 2 feet has an optimal FOV of 52.23 Degrees
A 70 inch screen at 6 feet has an optimal FOV of 45.92 Degrees

The larger screen is NARROWER because you're further from it and inverse square law exists.

pages.drexel.edu/~nac93/fov_calculator/

7 years is ancient in the tech world

They fixed this in the latest version

they literally did not unless you can provide a source with actual evidence because I have been following this issue for 2 years now

No, it doesn't.
Most curved monitors are 1800r.
This means optimal viewing distance is 1800mm, or over 5 feet.

Do you really sit 5 feet away from a gaming monitor?
Most people sit like 3 feet from them, at best.
That requires an AGGRESSIVE curve of 1000-1200R. Nobody makes a monitor that bent.
The closest you get are some Samsung models with 1500R.

How aggressive is 1000R?
Your eyeball is 1000R. Imagine your eyeball, but with a 32 inches wide pupil, then put a screen that wraps around its curvature. That's how aggressive.

I just got a new monitor and it's blurry when i move. Why? It's got 1ms response and144 hz. It's there some sort of dumb option i need to enable to reduce blur?

>It's got 1ms response
Doesn't mean shit. It's probably over 30ms from white to black if it's that bad. Try turning on overdrive on the settings but don't go to aggressive or else you'll get artifacts

>get some shitty acer 144 hz monitor
>only have 120 hz refresh rate in windows 10 options

Attached: 1438981594253.jpg (500x363, 34K)

>I just got a new monitor
mentioning the model might be useless.