Game recomendation thread

Ori and the blind forest is amazing if you like sidescrolling platformers. Didn't care for some escap-like sections but apart from that it's solid as fuck. 9/10

Attached: ori.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CUxcL3j3mYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=N8OHSXvneOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>didn't care for escap-like sections
why? they are great

They contradict the kind of slow methodic pace of the rest of the game. Just trial and error bullshit. It feels almost like a seperate game. Would work better as secret areas similar to something like the donkey kong country series.

I would recommend Gunpoint and Dominions 5.
Gunpoint is a simple stealth/hacking game with custom level support.
Dominions 5 is a 4X with 80+ playable factions, 900+ spells, 4000+ unit types, and a deep custom character/religion system.
Also, any of the three versions (assuming the Switch version doesn't have any more blunders other than the frame rate) of Link's Awakening. If you can, avoid spoilers.
Ori is just a completely mediocre platformer with good visuals and a shitty ending.

The presentation is really good but when you play it you see how mediocre it is, the entire part of the game until you have some nice movement skills is a slog and made me drop the game for some months until i picked it up again to finish it, from half onward it was actually fun even if enemies make no sense and the combat sucks.
I don't like some choiches for the story like "resurrecting" your mom thing at the end just because someone would feel bad for it, as it invalidates the opening sections and still the spider thing would have been enough to help you.

I bought Rain World not long ago, and I'm having fun with it trying to figure all this shit out by myself. Can go anywhere from peaceful to terrifying pretty quickly.

>didn't care for the escape sections
But those were the best parts
Especially the ginso tree one, it was unexpected kino

Ori and Gunpoint are pretty cool games!
Since we're talking about 2D platformers, I also recommend The Messenger and Celeste.
The former is a game that appears to be a blatant tribute to Ninja Gaiden although there's a twist in the game that turns it into a Metroidvania. It also has rad soundtrack:
>youtube.com/watch?v=CUxcL3j3mYQ
Celeste is a fantastic and polished platformer with a simple but effective story that approaches the difficulty of kaizo games, also with pretty comfy soundtrack:
>youtube.com/watch?v=N8OHSXvneOE

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x1024, 141K)

I'd recommend the forest if you liked subnautica and need another crafting survival fix that isn't shit.

Attached: theforest5.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Celeste def looks like a good platformers, gonna check it out for sure.

The forest has been in eary acces for years, it's def at least partly shit.

It's excellent, one of the best survival crafting games out there, here's another.

Attached: 1126541960_preview_zomboid.jpg (785x600, 26K)

One of the most disrespected releases (reviewers calling it frustrating, the world ignoring it altogether) of the generation. Once you understand Below and its rules, it’s amazing. I understand losing your lamp when you die but you can still go retrieve it, you can still craft torches and there are different levels of torches, the torch plus seems to last longer and there are many different types of clothings, some that can illuminate so there are multiple ways for light. You just gotta accept the rules and what it’s trying to do to appreciate it

Attached: EC98327F-18D2-4A1E-B778-EF5731A85C29.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

>Buying early access
Faggotry of the highest order. Do you also pre-order and buy loot boxes?

Outliers exist user, but keep being a cocksmoking lala man judging a game by its tags and not its content. Rimworld was in early access for-fucking-ever and it was fantastic even before 1.0.

Best games in this genre:
this
Bloodstained
Rabi-ribi
Steamworld 1 and 2
HK
Every DS castlevania
RoR
rainworld
celeste
salt n sanctuary
shantae games (they're all pretty much the same)
FEZ
dust
la mulana 1 and 2
freedom planet

What am I missing?

Attached: lili.jpg (460x724, 79K)

How much autism do you need to play this?

About three bag fulls.

It is. I still liked HK better but Ori was a damn fine game.

Honestly, both are much better than Bloodstained.

>Calling me a faggot
>When he buys early access
>When his taste are shit
>Enjoying the forest
Kill yourself double nigger you're killing the gaming industry fagbag

>Fez
Based. Thank you for not falling for the Phil Fish hate. Fez was a great Castlememe game. The fact that you don't have to waste time killing enemies is a big plus

>Repeating yourself for me
Keep singing your tune aidsmagnet.

got this on release and I can say that anybody looking for an engaging exploration game should pick it up. I'm glad I bought it, especially for $15 it was totally worth it.

>killing the gaming industry
says the NEET faggot who probably pirates every game and brags about it

This is a great platformer with really solid level design centered around the ability to create temporary platforms, and a thumpin' soundtrack. I really like it

Attached: Octahedron-Banner-1280x640.jpg (1280x640, 141K)

Why did people hate on fez? Some things I will never understand.

obscure indie recommendations
>Where They Cremate the Roadkill
It's fucking weird but everything is hand drawn and you notice it. It's awesome. Also doesn't hold your hand at all. Figuring out how shit works and how to navigate menus is part of the charm
>Mothlight
free rpg maker game (unless you would like to support the maker at the drm free download site, can still steam download though). Basically Bloodborne but black and white and some an amazing (post - rock ?) soundtrack
>Orogenisis
probably a sequel to Mothlight. Artstyle is a step back imo but on par presentation wise
>Zeroranger
bullet hell at its finest

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Attached: monster-boy-and-the-cursed-kingdom-listingthumb-01-ps4-us-29nov2018.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

Need to play HK looks stellar. Bloodstained has weeb graphics miss me with that shit.