EDF

Why haven't you signed up for the EDF thread yet and gotten your 10,000 dollar starting bonus?

Attached: 20190714073928_1.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZYRbgWpyKDY
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1801117292
youtube.com/watch?v=72kkJGdL6o0
youtube.com/watch?v=HN-83eV3NBk
youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that was annoying

Attached: 20190715173816_1.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

I wish this game would never die. Games like this deserve to always have an active online for great fun.

Don't you enjoy hitting the same enemy for 15 minutes and not getting any drops for your effort at all?

Someone host a room.

Starting a HARD lobby.
Name: Yea Forums
password: rage

Did anyone else notice this cute easter egg calling back to EDF2 on the side of the children's playground? On this side, we can see Solas, a pillbug and a Daroga/Hector...

Attached: 20190716172947_1.jpg (1920x1080, 860K)

>the year is 500 billion
>EDF 935,413 is released
>that one last fucking enemy still gets stuck behind a building on the other side of the map
ge

Can't find it.

And on this side there's the centepede, a cross-section of the centepede when you cut off one of its section, the regular drone as well as a Type-2 Drone that deploys from the floating city.

Attached: 20190716172953_1.jpg (1920x1080, 872K)

I just can't do it. I know those aliens are trying to kill us, but they look just like us. I can't bring myself to kill them.

it's full sorry.

This is possibly the most pathetic legitimate shill thread i have ever seen

Second room
room: Yea ForumsDF
pass:rage

I finished hard yesterday so we can do whatever mission.

DONT LOOK DOWN ON ME

Attached: cGIay9e.png (280x272, 3K)

AFK armor farming while doing work. Mission 40 is good for it since you can park a Titan under the last teleportation ship and collect all the loots that fall as the Grim Reaper kill everything

Do you have to wait for other players online to finish a mission before joining?

yes, if it shows them as play, they are in the game. also, if you are in the lobby browser it'll show how many time has passed. if they haven't started yet it will say room

EDF doesn't even have an in-game currency user, take it easy.

That's a garbage system,i understand that they did that to make enemies scale or something but come on.

yeah, but there are only a handful of missions that last long if the team is bad

mission 20, hard.
Yea ForumsDF passcode: rage
playing 3+ hours

Attached: 1509617642922.jpg (470x470, 47K)

Yea Forumsdf lowercase if that makes a difference

it does make a difference.

>it's another episode of people being shitters so you need to play your main to carry

>if the team is bad
this happens a lot unfortunately

Well its up for as much as it is. Every time I tab out steam tries to launch shinobi vs

>needing a main to carry

>I know, so was my brother.

Attached: 1522975690227.jpg (915x660, 78K)

Again
room Yea Forumsdf passcode: rage. playing 3+ hours. Holding the room for 15 minutes or till full.

>the voice acting during the penultimate mission

Can't wait to beat it to see what's in the last one.

Attached: Pol Pot.png (750x1198, 687K)

guess we'll see how low pop Yea Forumsdf really is

Pirate lobby
Yea Forums
rage
2/4
mission 32

What the fuck are the differences between 4.1 and 5

Redpill me as the kids say these days

How does it play with mouse?

I'll be playing it til PC gets EDF6.

5 is a reboot with qol changes.

>what's the difference between game 1 and game 2

just get 5

Did split screen and only way we got through that in less than 10 minutes was air raider + hayatl spam, it was the most dps at safe distance I could think of.

Still a retardedly long fight

>dual wield 30mm Gallic Heavy Cannons

my negro

>watched a bit of a stream last night
>literally saw like 3 identical missions
>classes appear to function exactly the same

I'm just askin man

Blood. So much fucking blood.Used a sprit4efire on the first kaju and the entire map was painted purple in less than 10 seconds.

So I'm still stuck on this stupid Erginus mission and have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

Swapped from Air Raider to Ranger and hit it with about 30 Air Tortoise Missiles but it's not doing anything other than hitting me with charge attacks, borderline undodgeable laser beams, and messages of "THE TANKS ARE ARRIVING SOON" without any backup in site.

Air Raider gets 3 weapon slots and a dedicated vehicle slot
Ranger can summon vehicles
Some weapon like the roller bombs have QoL changes
Enemies spew blood
Like 3 new enemy types that aren't just a replacement for a 4.1 enemy

That's about it. It's one of the worst non-Pokemon cashgrabs I've ever seen.

Switch back to air raider and equip autocannon

Both are complete kino but 5 has better ennemies. Classes have received tweaks and play rather fresh.

Honestly just go with whichever one you want

again Yea Forumsdf, passcode: rage
Mission 20, hard.

Well the reason I ask is because my gf and I spent a lot of time on 4.1 so I was wondering if it'd be worth it getting 5 and going down that road again but I feel like a reboot with mostly just QoL changes and not significantly different missions will just be kinda boring

Can't you just stay close to him?

we got a full lobby here

you start late no reset.

>ranger
Tanks, helicopters, functional bikes, Impulse series, shotguns penetrate in CQC, new running mechanic that greatly increases item snatch range
>wing diver
Charge and release mechanics on several weapons, mid-air dodge/dashes, actually sings
>air raider
Several fan favs auto-reload some with very short cool downs, multiple shots per reload on artillery calls, turrets auto-reload in background, greatly enhanced air strike positioning mechanics, greatly enhanced item snatch range in vehicles, three weapons + vehicle... really extensive changes desu
>fencer
Cancel dashing is out, momentum bounding is in, multiple consecutive dashes/boosts, greatly reduced recoil/barrel rise on some weapons, greatly enhanced item snatch range while dashing/boosting
>everyone
Huge list of QOL changes to weapons. New weapons. Entirely new support equipment system.

>bad guys
Primers. Frogs. Greys. God.

well la de da its half lobby here

Oh so you already played 4? It's still worth it I think. I don't know too much about the other class but fencer handle fairly differently so it was still interesting. Again, the man draw is going to be the tweaks on the classes and the different ennemies.

Also the fantastic story

>mission 104

Attached: 1498493856594.jpg (343x317, 60K)

Finally did it. Depth Crawler apparently does ludicrous damage to it because it ran in about 5 minutes. Also flung myself onto it's ass whenever it charged so I could just ride it and machine it from point blank.

A lot of 5 feels like an homage to 2, especially with the pillbugs, flying saucer drones, and underground map layouts.

>Cancel dashing out

How does Fencer ever recover from this? What the fuck?

Multiples consecutive dash before needing to cool down. It also apply to his boosted jump so you can basically fly now if you have the right gears.

You can fly around like it's armored core with endgame boost items and twin spear.

Tried, usually just ended with me getting stomped into the concrete for my troubles.

Like this. youtu.be/ZYRbgWpyKDY

Do guns do more damage up close?

Maybe? Not sure, I was using bombardments, the autocannons, and the Limpet Sniper to damage it, so I was trying to stay far away from it most of the time.

Yea Forumsdf passcode: rage
Mission 21 starting in 3 minutes

Some do. If you see something like this
>50~5
then it means the bullet does 50 damages at close range and 5 at extreme distances.

Hard

I love how they actually made that a plot element.

Some guns do, others do the same regardless of range.

>the "slow" class
>it's literally ACFA

what the fuck lmao

The female operator is sleepy in the 62 night mission. Absolutely cute!

Attached: 1352583968827.png (1152x514, 64K)

OK lads ive only played Fencer so far,
what weapon/item types are good on Air Raider and what do use on him on regular missions and cave missions?

Lobby has room for 1

150mm is basically my rifle.

>this scottish Fencer
noice

Thanks for carrying me fellas.

I breeng autocannon to zee mission

I use one airstrike of choice, usually Spritefall A and then the last slot is whatever I need for the mission. Dropshops = limpet sniper, bees/drones= turret, lots of ground ants/spiders=another air strike, usually a mortar strike.

Vehicles are either a Nix, Grape, or the Amberlamps. Tanks and copters are kind of worthless because my strikes are more damage than any vehicle can be.

Yea Forumsdf passcode: rage
mission 22 hard

>Mission 61
Are they expecting me to take down Archolous single-handedly?

Attached: 1423343469028.jpg (210x175, 22K)

thx user, i didnt wanna try out air raider and ruin a lobby with a shit loadout
how do u feel about the robot bombs?

ahem
THOSE BUISTARDS

Attached: 1007040_20190716005056_1.png (1920x1080, 2.27M)

Avoid helicopters, some later tanks are pretty good for survivability and are fast enough to let you get around easily, phobos heavy bombers are great for hordes, spritefall is bae

better than 4.1 still not worth using for the most part. You can use them to farm the rollies the first time you meet them with no effort. Against frogs or AYYYs I'd rather gunship and airstrike

Even in a cave I would still rather just bring my ranger. I only do the first time through a cave level on my Raider for completion.

Yea ForumsDF passcode: rage
3/4 so we have 1 slot
Mission 47 HARD

What the FUCK is with this game?
Why does it expect me to brutally kill and dismember aliens that look EXACTLY like humans? This shit should not be allowed, this is so fucked.

>playing mission 100 as air raider
>mfw

Attached: 1559589792424.png (306x255, 70K)

They have weapons, you know! So it's either you kill them, or be killed yourself!

Yes. Enjoy. I got stuck on that one for a long while.

>Shield bearer show up

Minigun strikes can literally shred hornets and will stunlock ayys while stripping their armor. Short reload too.

That's the part where I take a tank and drive into the dome.

>mision 32 end
>host dc
FUCCK

Other than what's already been mentioned you get weapon drops for classes other than what you're playing, so there's far more incentive to switch out and try other classes compared to 4.1, where you're basically stuck playing one class unless you want to grind for hours to get gear for another class to make them viable past the first few missions. It also makes the game less repetitive as having less crazy drops for one class whilst getting drops for other classes encourages you to switch out, giving the game more variety.

>Not flying helicopters in there and dropping napalm on them and laughing as they run off and burn to death

>still can't get beyond 39/40 online
Might just have to go solo for that one.

[disconnected from session]

Are any of those DLC worth it?

We're running 47 here

Only the mission packs, which are not out yet. The others are worthless.

Joke content trash that is worse than your starter weapons. Do not bother.

Yea Forumsdf passcode:rage
Mission 23 Hard
Playing 2+ hours

any piratefags around mission 55? Gonna make a lobby.

Absolutely fine, I'm using KB & trackball

Buyfag or pirate lobby?

100% ranger today. Time to start wingdiver.

Attached: 20190716112619_1.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

paypig

pirate lobby, I've had fun with other anons.

>tfw buyfag
Well at least I know why I don't see the Yea Forums rooms when I see them posted here.

I caved in, this better be fun you fags.

Don't feel bad user, I bought the game too but I had to get a refund because my friends were poorfags.
You know, you can get the pirate version so you can play with both legit and pirate lobbies!

Yea Forumsideogames, 55, Hard pirate lobby up.

shit I have to spend an hour with my girlfriend, but I can play after :(

what is the point of rangers lock on missiles that do like 30 damage?

oh you

Attached: 1523706442950.gif (359x360, 1.61M)

Get the multiple lock on support equipment and only bring the MLRA to missions with red drone spam.

ah i see
they still seem kinda shit though

Every character is filled with weapons that are kinda shit unfortunately.

man the godzilla missions suck now
where did it all go so wrong?

>g accuracy explosives

Attached: 1CA5597B-187F-48C3-A086-0820460BD30E.jpg (1000x1166, 433K)

You basically only want the fire-and-forget explosives on Ranger except in certain situations.

>mission 100 3 ayy lmaos with the fuck you hitscan laser spawn in before you get in the barga
thanks very cool!

have sex

>mission 100
>not the best shit ever

Attached: 3773B4F4-F13D-412B-86C1-0790183A255C.jpg (1400x700, 78K)

>and (you)
>you're the Storm 1

Attached: 1562503288307.jpg (512x456, 31K)

YOU ALIEN BASTARDS SHALL RUE THE DAY YOU DECIDED TO LAND ON THIS BITCH OF AN EARTH

Holy fuck ranger is boring. He has nothing to redeem the class.

Attached: f1a81ede8d953ac7ca877a2d9778a2e1.jpg (1745x1176, 1.52M)

>farming offline while bros aren't on
>WD just broke 1k armor
getting there, boyos

He has no gimmicks, but he also has no real downfalls besides lacking the mobility which can be made up for with dropping down a vehicle. Compared to the Fencer which needs later drops to be viable, the Air Raider who has a number of missions where they're simply ineffective, and the Wing Diver who can buzzsaw shit but also die in no time flat if you're not skilled? The Ranger is the ultimate fallback that can remain versatile in most ground combat situations.

better shotguns than Fencer
better snipers than WD
can run fast as fuck with the right endgame support items (you'll have to leave Super Sanic to Fencer though)

you're supposed to go Akira with the bikes

Attached: 1533273440018.jpg (522x522, 110K)

any room open and about to go? Should I just make my own?

Attached: schwing.jpg (800x450, 142K)

>start 5 with roommate
>pick wing diver cuz I wanna go fast
>only play when he wants to & only as wing diver
>avoid fencer like the plague
>play by myself yesterday
>pick fencer expecting to be slow & tanky
>get offbrand ZOE2 instead
Very nice. Will there ever be a better melee combo than Dynamo blade & that one two headed spear or have I already won? Vibro hammers seem kinda shit

>sprint away from Archolus's meteors
>red ant carries me right back into them

Attached: 1562626039103.png (258x75, 17K)

If you start the game on hard you'll hit a wall in mission 6 where drones will wreck your shit.

I see people take two melee weapons quite often, I don't get it
It prevents you from jump dashing
my go to is the shotgun and a lance and I just circle strafe things till they die, when you jump you can get a couple of shots off with the shotty

You should take a melee weapon and a weapon with a jump instead of two melees
It makes the fast become the sanic fast

>What is the fuckhueg grenade that blows up a city block?

>$50
yikes from me.

I take two against the AYYYYS. but then I have a mortar and another melee for movement as well.
>not running up to them and double jackhammering while making the Fist of the North Star "AT-TA-TA-TA!" yell over comms to make your friends hate and love you

Poor

>no job and/or poor
oofty goofty, my doofty

shouldn't have majored in gender studies

Best air raiders weapon for groups of ayys?

what part of its only with our sacrifice that mankind can still exist down here in paradise don't you understand

>I HAVE A JOB AT MC DONALDS THAT LETS ME BUY THIS BAG OF SHIT.png

yeah nah, looks terrible, gameplay seems incredibly unresponsive, no story, small number of maps, $50? Helldiverse is like $10 on sale and it's been free an assload of times and has 50x the content this shitheap. Enjoy weeb sperging though.

Bombing runs I guess

Now it's easier to use than ever.

my brother plays raider and how we handled them on hard on that seek and destroy mission was:
>I am fencer with shield and BEEG mortar on back bar, start by aggroing and tanking them while blowing off armor as his air strike comes in
>he gunships one constantly puts turrets down
>usually they split up and/or take cover so I can swap to melee and go hunt them down 1 by 1

And the constant gunship strikes keep them off of him, so I would say that's the key. They'll move out of conventional bombing strikes outside of the opening alpha strike

That does sound like something I'd do, but coms are push to talk and I'm using a controller

mad, poor, and projecting as fuck. That's a yikes from me, too.
>small number of maps
kek, and I LIKE Helldivers but now you're just lying for (you)s if you say that game has more stages

Stop giving them yous.

Ever and always a Spritefall
Fuck yeah Spritefall
There was points during my first playthough on PS4 where I brought two Spritefalls
Ohohohoho intensifies

>I work at McDonalds so everyone else must too
how mad are you right now on a scale of 1-10?

Until they add something that lets you voluntarily end a mission so you can pick up all the weapon and armor drops that's a good thing.

I want to join the EDF

no, because I know he's mad as fuck and it's funny. Sorry.

Attached: 1562580264185.png (1324x929, 1.94M)

seething

A ton of small changes that make a big difference.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1801117292

>H-he's fast!

fly on brave tank

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1090x546, 666K)

>bitch hijacks a radio and starts screaming about god
haha what the fuck

Whenever I see the Masers youtube.com/watch?v=72kkJGdL6o0 pops into my head.

Attached: 17eiyc.png (560x264, 239K)

Just started a legit lobby for good boys and girls (male).

Name is "Official RP Server"
Password is "frogger"

Mission 30 on hard.

Mission 56 HARD
Yea ForumsDF pass:rage
2 slots

>get to the mission where the red frogs show up
>some lady on the talks about how shooting at them is racist and we need to overcome it through dialogue
Bitch did you not notice like half of humanity already got wiped out?

Attached: 1437055732472.jpg (224x291, 11K)

Oh don't worry, they die off-screen before the next mission even begins

I JUST REALIZED THAT'S A NEW BLACK ANCHOR TELEPORTING IN MOTHER MONSTERS I MUST HAVE KILLED LIKE 20 OF THEM BEFORE IT FINALLY CLICKED

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

>we overcame niggers so we can make frogs our pets too!
The embodiment of the eternal liberal

I thought that's what they did but I never let them stay alive long enough to find out
#JustAirRaiderThings

Only 20%. That's not TOO bad...

Do air raiders not have c4 anymore?

By becoming the most broken and mobile class in the game. Dash+boost is hilariously broken when you can do it 6 times before having to wait 3 sec to do it again

Any buyfag rooms up?

Rangers got them.

>frogger
nice pass retard

Lame.

it is just me or Wing Diver weapons just fucking SUCK this time around?

New room coming on
veedf
rage
mission 40hard

for you

Insert webm of ranger using C4 on his bike to blow up a teleport ship here

Stardust and Dragoon Lance say hello

wait, let me join

room's back up, closed it for a few minutes.

Hop in this one lads, we're tryna' get past mission 30 and frankly knowing the missions ahead I don't just want to be Faggot B of Faggot A, we need two more.

Attached: 1562368388267.png (245x316, 84K)

I LOVE MY INTEL MOMMY!

I don't see how you shoot these guys. They're just like us.

Attached: 1535281674564.png (480x445, 96K)

Once wing diver retreats to page 10 so she can recharge I'm gonna bite her!

Attached: A_ari.jpg (500x295, 61K)

Killing Pepe over and over again is the highlight of this game for me.

does everyone share the armor boxes you loot or how does it work? teach me the loot etiquette in this game

WD class is so much fucking more mobile now it might as well be a different class.

Ranger is more mobile and gets vechiles.

I haven't tried fencer/AR but look like the same with blowing shit up.

Enemies are tougher and creative.

Same beats are followed of shoot shit up.

Its worth the buy. Wouldn't do any of the item DLCs.

if you see a crate pick it up

Someone collects a weapon/armor box everyone gets it at the end, so the etiquette is to grab ALL of them

Mutual electrocution by physical contact is my fetish anyway.

Attached: 1563257232229.webm (702x394, 1.69M)

Weapon and armor boxes are shared

No only the mentally handicapped Wing Diver that hasn't played a single second of the game but still joins mission 70+ hard or up lobbies gets the armour you pick up

thanks i've been avoiding picking too many of them because i thought they were for myself only once i picked them up

the only boxes you should leave are the white ones, because those heal you and you might need them later

How do you fix the bug that won't let you use weapons that require a button to be held down?

try windowed mode

Any rooms still up?

Try not being such an asshole.

Couple nights ago I was playing through that frustrating as hell cave mission, I think 32 or somewhere in that range, and the host ran straight up to me and chucked it straight into the ground at our feet and then disconnected.

yes

That's the fix, retard

Attached: 1554944872945.jpg (384x288, 42K)

>mission 71
Too high for me...

You're face is the problem and my mouth is the fix.

Installing now, a friend memed me into 4.1 and I caught the bug. Ranger bros ww@?

I thought I already was in windowed mode, I'll try again.

Don't resort to vore now, user.

Nah go ahead, one of the things I get most often if I play WD is "make sure to grab all the boxes for us" or something to that effect. If anybody gets pissy about it they're mega new and have never played EDF before, just let them know drops are shared. I have gotten booted once so far already by a newfag for policing up the loot. Like others said just don't pick up HP if you're full, especially if others are low and they can reach it.

5 has same shit? Borderless windowed made 4.1 much more playable for me.

are there any Yea Forums lobbies doing missions in the 30's

31 now

if I make a lobby would u guys join?

Attached: 1560770174919.gif (500x508, 748K)

D/C'd sorry EDF bois. It was a cave anyway so not too heartbroken.

only if it's on hard or above

Depends on
If its Buy or Pirate
What mission you're on
What difficulty

So very low maybe

It was fun. Good shit
>t. English Language

only if its on hard or above and a pirate lobby

Just post the room nerd!

YEAH SURE DUDE

Attached: wink.gif (288x430, 1.92M)

As long as it's HARD.

Attached: SmugEarf.jpg (426x396, 66K)

No problem bro, it happens.

Is this one sale anywhere? I bought 2 copies of it on PS4 a while ago and didn't think it'd come to PC

No but your mom is on sale everywhere lmao

Yeah but in the stores where she's on sale is EDF there too

Its on sale right now for 20% off, you're not likely to get a better deal without pirating or going to some key seller site.

Imagine paying 50 dollars for an asset flip

frogman detected

I feel like Napoleon Bonaparte at the battle of Austerlitz!

>that mission where Searg mentions that they forcibly conscripting people

Thanks to regional pricing I paid US$20

That one always gets me

Attached: 8CDEEE3C-9EEF-4922-A468-2164185CE235.jpg (350x355, 11K)

seethe

>sweet, a new assault rifle from the series of ARs that I like, lets check its stats real quick
Fuck you too, game.

Attached: 20190716174624_1.jpg (1920x1080, 391K)

This thing is probably the biggest anchor in the game.

>the final mission where they conscript every person in the world into the EDF to delay the motherships

Attached: 1475742834222.png (265x294, 72K)

>play single player
>vehicles are fine shitwreckers in their own right
>play online
>vehicles are made of paper and explode if an enemy so much as looks at them funny

Am I just bad or are vehicles just not worth using in multiplayer?

From now on we will call these biggest anchors, "Biggest Anchor", now go, destroy the biggest anchors!

y can't nex crawl?

Attached: 20190716210308_1.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

>SWALLOW THIS
>I would if I could

Attached: 1535493382994.jpg (720x404, 34K)

Just jump fayget
Bunny hopping is probably faster anyway

they are only good if you have a guard post with you for the damage resistance

ohgodwhatthefucksendhelp

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 567K)

mouse 3

Is it realistically possible for the human race to recover from this?

Attached: 20190716174319_1.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

We've had the human population go down to as low as about 10,000 individuals during an ice age. With the amount of technology there is today they'll be fine.

How does a ranger deal with large swarm of monsters out in the open? You can't outrun them like wd/fencer and can't call air strikes like ar.

I joined EDF to kill enemies.
Instead it's like looking in a mirror, they're just like us. I can't do this!

>Fencer with Great Shield, Barricade X (100% block) and Protection Armor Y (+800% durability putting it at 113K) with 170+60=230 degree guard
Only real niggas know this feel.

Attached: 1471091579994.jpg (1413x1971, 620K)

Assuming that the EDF pop was 7 billion or so, that's still a fuckton of people. The genepool is fine. Given a few centuries or so we should be fine.

Starting a HARD lobby up.
mission 65.

Reducing overpopulation and decreasing the demands of industrial, developing nations like China and India is the best thing that could happen to the world. Not to mention a staunch reminder to this sleeping world what it means to survive. Who were the real good guys?

1. roll
2. fire shotgun
3. repeat until enemies are gone.

t. Rockerfeller

Mouse three to hop, hold down to boost for a bit. Short hops make you go pretty fast, you just can't turn with earlier models. Like most things the boost is based on mech level too.

do anti air bunkers stop queen ant acid?

>The aliens look like they're weak to water... They're not.
My sides, this shit is gold.

>Only 100k humans left
>90% of them are chinese
FUCK

Ranger is hard mode compared to other classes, because while other classes can have certain mission types that can fuck them over, the Ranger is constantly at danger of getting fucked over if you make a mistake because you have no way to escape a shitty situation.

Attached: 20190716112538_1.jpg (568x425, 61K)

doubt, there's probably a large number of important white people in bunkers

Did the EDF world really only have 1 mil people or are you just retarded?

I'd give her a taste of my requiem cannon.

Yes but they won't last long.

Do you really want me to do the math for the population loss of a complete fantasy world?

post loadout

Room open;
65. Falling Monster BALLS
Buyfag

Attached: eidf.jpg (951x65, 29K)

>take number
>remove one (1) decimal from the end
>dumbass thinks this is hard, let alone math
You must be a wing diver player

Balls of steel.

It's hard to fight pillbugs when you're laughing your ass off.

>the signup bonus keeps increasing each mission
P-Please join the EDF...

Air Raider actually. The only math I need to know is how to subtract, your life! Or ants.

Attached: 1544930817168.png (1080x1821, 2.94M)

New buyfag room
Vidya Defense Force, password is rage
Mission 42 Hard but if people want we can play earlier missions

Attached: EDF TUUBES.png (680x425, 206K)

room up still
veedf
rage
mission 44 hard, one spot open

stuck in a headstand in my doom

Attached: 1007040_20190716161307_1.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

Jokes on you, i'm a musoufag so this is nothing

>I may die, but watch me breakdance on these fools doing it.

Sorry, user. My new monitor came in. Gotta rearrange all this shit.

>That Ranger called Callsign
Why even play games if you're that fucking boring

Because people think it's the save file name and not your actually fucking name sometime.

Two more spots!

Attached: drive (anything).png (825x755, 521K)

I'll admit I didn't even realize that was mine until after like 5 missions, I like how you can just change it at any time though.

>can't spell "class" because it'll censor the "ass" part of the word

Is there a way to only aggro one mother monster at a time? There's always 2 showing up.

>dodge one stream of acid
>get hit by the one from another and stunlock to death

Do the helicopters later you get not completely suck? Got the N9 Eros a few missions ago and it handles like complete fucking shit. Probably the slowest and clunkiest helicopter I've ever used in a video game.

Extreme kiting and only aggroing one

>online and offline progress are separated
W-Why?

Attached: 114.png (500x351, 258K)

They never stop handling like ass, but they'll handle like less ass the higher level they are, yes.

based ilya pedophile

So bitch babbies that need to be carried have to play the game twice

My guess is instead of having it programatically scale the enemy placements, health, etc they literally just made two separate mission "objects".

Which one doe you have to get for the achievements?

You can aggro one at a time until the last two overwatching the eggs as we found out. They'll mob your ass.

You keep your gear and armor values though, which is the only things that matters.

Yeah there's a few censored words that sneak up on you.

Cave mission final stage. One slot now, since someone was too much of a coward to fight the queens.

anyone still playing 4.1 haha..

Yeah, bought it on some sale and didn't play too much. Then I saw 5 is out so I decided to finally play 4.1.

>Playing EDF5 with my little bro and two randoms
>Mission with the laser tanks that takes down erginus for the first time
>Bro sees him sleeping and runs up to take a picture by his face for laughs
>AIRSTRIKES INBOUND
>Me and the two randoms all laugh as we watch him get blown up in the strike zone when he can't escape in time

How does leveling up weapons work? I want to upgrade my Big Cannon M2. I just got another one in mission 27 but it didn't give me any UP.

>finding the jet core and trying it for the first time
I am become storm 1, destroyer of immigrants

Attached: 1474323554838.gif (512x384, 2.76M)

One more spot!

>play mission
>grab weapon box
>pray for RNG to give you that weapon
>pray for RNG to give you one with bigger numbers

>mission 100
>barga dies to an ayy with a purple laser
what

I fucking clapped

Attached: 1527877877373.jpg (576x768, 127K)

>get 3 of the weapon you want
>non of them are upgrades
silly

Move to /vg/

Damn son. So when the star is full it means that particular stat is at max upgrade, right?

I really like this image

do random lobbies (or Yea Forums lobbies) get angry if i'm not good or bringing the best weapons for a stage?
or are hard mode rooms usually laid back
i'm afraid of people

Attached: 1443899791895.jpg (652x1000, 164K)

only if you die all the time

yeah, maxed out weapons will take you far past their level limit
Most of the "Replacement" weapons you get won't be worth it till they're upgraded to like 5 star on everything

As long as you're not being useless people don't mind
>That one air raider with a limpet gun, life beacon and the first sg
>This is the artillery mission

If you aren't just wasting a slot and dieing every 10 secs because of low armor you'll be fine.

Yes.

As long as you aren't one of those mouth breathers with

Yeah, filled stars means that parameter can't go any higher for that weapon. Sometimes the difference between a single star turns into a huge bonus.

>blood storm missiles for fencer, starts off at like 3 seconds to lock on to a single target
>went down to .86 at like 7*
>capped at .16 lockon time at 8* max

Its an early weapon, but I'm still using it for how well it runs.

Any good farming mission/methods? I know that mission 40 is great if you let 1 drop ship alive

Attached: giphy.gif (350x308, 1.25M)

room up still
veedf
rage
mission 46 hard, one spot open

>Mission is nothing but drones/wasps
>Figure this is a good time to bring the Naegling
>It never is
In this game it feels better to bring a Nix with MG's, and in 4.1 it was the epsilon or anything that didn't have armor made of paper.

Any mission with an absolute fuckload of frogs, I think its mission 27 with you starting on the rooftop? That one is great to farm armor on.

I wouldn't want you on my team if you weren't trying to win, and you ended up causes us loss a lot of missions.

>five missions away from ending
>everyone leaves
>no one else is joining
[spolier]i just want to finish normal to play hard[/spoiler]

>normal
yikes

Play offline. Online is not worth the trouble and you'll be robbing your potential teammates a good player.

>It's a mission with red drones

Attached: 1298123171262.jpg (510x430, 31K)

Bro, hard clears easy and normal...

What are you talking about? You start the first mission on hard.
>also can't ctrl + s
what are you even doing?

This shit sucks, and it happens a lot too.
ctrl+s for spoiler btw

Does the minion buster ARs still do work at higher levels?

youtube.com/watch?v=HN-83eV3NBk

just wanted to start off hard with decent weapons and try a new class

90% huh?
That doesn't sound TOO bad...

>normal
>decent weapons
user...

Happened to me in 4.1
Got stuck on that one mission with the three hives and no one would join ever

>>pray for RNG to give you that weapon
How can I know if a certain mission has the chance to drop a certain weapon? I know mission 27 drops cannon M2 but what about 28 or 26?

A couple of hard mode missions in early game already gives you level 10 weapons easily

How do you play online with a pirated copy?

Attached: 1533954060680.gif (240x320, 3.27M)

I get the 5% 10% etc from offline alone.

Somebody up for Mission 38
Hard
Room /edf/

There's a list somewhere probably
I'd guess in general that if your weapon is lvl X it'll drop on stages that have that lvl limit and above till a cut off point.
Unless you're playing on Hardest or Inferno which have had huge weapon drop ranges in 4.1
>When you can get a lvl 0 and lvl 40 weapon in the same mission

Mission 33, i cant even read

>5% complete but with 1500+ armor as ranger
stop kicking me from lobbies you negroids

yeah that much is obvious. i wont be jumping in to mission 90 inferno. i wouldn't be taking gunships into a cave or with a big mothership over the map since in solo i noticed it blocks some of them. if i knew it was there.
i play it safe and don't rush in so hopefully that's good.
who plays trying to lose?
online stuff often has that crowd with that mindset who sperg out over you not bringing some meta build, that's all i'm worried about. if i test a new weapon i get, it's shit, then have to put up with moba-tier "oh my god why would you bring that it's literally the worst you shitter learn the meta" for the next 15 minutes.
are autists like that in public games, or do they add a set phrase to look for or is it only on hardest and inferno people give a massive shit?

People kick others with low completion? Whats even the point? With armor like that you'll still be good for reviving even if your weapons are shit.

Is the user with the Pure Decoys idol songs around? I missed my chance to find them

this shit is funny. I have 1.3k as WD thanks to farming offline and playing through most of hard offline and 11% completion for online.

They still think I'm a hacker.

They're pretty good against large, tough targets who'll eat the entire clip's impact damage and explosion damage; pylons, aliens, ships etc
Not really useful against swarms of insects however

>Those 2 or 3 red drones mixed into wave after wave of ants alongside 3 queens in mission 39 or so.

Attached: 1515031084562.png (575x446, 169K)

muh Chinese hacker ruining savefiles boogeyman

I don't play with rando shitters anymore anyways so oh well. Thank fuck I had three friends willing to jump on this with me.

>who plays trying to lose?
>online stuff often has that crowd with that mindset who sperg out over you not bringing some meta build, that's all i'm worried about. if i test a new weapon i get, it's shit, then have to put up with moba-tier "oh my god why would you bring that it's literally the worst you shitter learn the meta" for the next 15 minutes.
>are autists like that in public games, or do they add a set phrase to look for or is it only on hardest and inferno people give a massive shit?
Calm down sperg. All I am saying that as long as you are trying to win then I want you on my team. Why ask the question if you're going to be all sensitive about the answer

>do random lobbies get angry if I'm not good enough
no, not really
>do Yea Forums get angry if I'm not good enough
yes
despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of Yea Forums players are shit themselves

>i wouldn't be taking gunships into a cave or with a big mothership over the map since in solo i noticed it blocks some of them
Fuck this noise >: |
Its even worse because if the shot comes in from the right angle it'll hit
And somehow you can air strike under it

I kick low % and armour but I give them a single chance to not fuck up

More like 700mil. But all big cities and infrastructure are gone.

I'm also confused on how the damage is calculated. Is it two instances of max damage per bullet or some percentage impact vs explosion?

>Fuck this noise >: |
you should go back

TO SAVE OUR JAPO DEVS FROM EVER RUNNING OUT OF CASH

WE BOUGHT THE SAME OLD SHITTY GAME AND IT REALLY CHAFFS OUR ASS

AT LEAST WE'RE KINDA HAVING FUN WE TRY TO LET IT PASS

REVIEWER SAID THE GAME IS SHIT, HE WANTS TO BE A LASS

THE EDF DEPLOYS!

Attached: 1562838384018.png (1000x432, 165K)

you should kick them for being too shit to look up "EDF 5 fast armor farm" and spending an hour to do so.

I remember showing up as a 1300ish armor ranger with 0 (zero) percent completion and end up being the tank for the group as everyone else had 300-400 armor.

Did you know: Because of hackers ruining save files in 4.1, 5 now automatically makes back up save files
Boogeymen don't exist, but actual cunts do and they can't ruin your game anymore

I actually had a hacker join my lobby earlier today
100% Completion, absurd armour, high level weapons with stars and somehow he was able to take them onto a lvl limit 10 mission
I should host more often so I can kick these cunts

too many lines. Goddamn you are shit at this even when you try to change it up

Attached: 1562693135200.jpg (1200x728, 78K)

Attached: 20190716233657_1.jpg (1920x1080, 734K)

FUCK ME I GOT DC'D
Room is back up now

disconnected :(

>470639678
youtried.jpg

>Planes fly lower than missiles and artillery strikes
>Spritefall and lasers ignore anything overhead

I actually like the few underground missions as air raider so far since depth crawlers are fun and it gives me a reason to use my turrets and power up cans.

Looks like steam exploded for a second.

same for me looks like the servers got nuked

I'm that shitty fencer.
Did the server crash?

Or not, getting a connection error. Gonna relaunch,

Hackers in 4 could completely and irreversibly fuck your save, therefore lots of people kick anyone who has a suspiciously high armour value but low completion just so be safe

The initial impact damage is very minor, I believe the damage value in the weapon's description is JUST for the explosion
The impact does do damage, just not very much

Some gunship strike penetrate so you can use them through the mothership/outpost, it can be a little finnicky though

If I beat all of Hard offline can I immediately host mission 1 of Inferno online?

its steam maintenance guys

Did the steam servers just shit themselves? i got disconnected from the room i was hosting and i didn't lose internet connection.
sorry lads.

Attached: xh3s8s9d7lo21.png (1024x719, 806K)

You rehosting?

it is a boogeyman. In 200 hours of 4.1 online play, I saw 1 hacker with 1% completion and 1000000 armor or something stupid like that and we kicked him.

As you said, this game even backs up your files for you.

It's so easy to farm armor I don't know why anyone would bother to hack and not play the game. Only cheat engine one I see anyways is for like maxed out armor; not being able to set a value.

Steam always does some maintenance tuesday afternoon, right?

Ah, good, it wasn't just me. Yeah, steam died, it seems.

Yeah, but be prepared to spread that butthole wide.

Bullets and lasers freely clip through dropships, motherships, and mobile fortresses and deal damage to whatever you're targetting, they just can't hit the weakspot. Autocannon B is how I destroyed most of those annoying green laser turrets on the mission where you destroy the first fortress.

>piratechads win again
it's not fair buybros

Attached: 1354827554333.gif (220x160, 1.9M)

you could but there is no reason to do inferno prematurely
hard hardest and inferno are separate.

Attached: 20190715211021_1.jpg (1920x1080, 576K)

Yeah but with 1000 ish armor people would just see me as a shitter who just wants a carry.

>Fencers sit in the bed of the truck

Attached: 1438986606487.gif (257x194, 995K)

Guess all the lobbies died. Is webm guy from yesterday around? I'll join yours once its up.

Room is back up for real now

Attached: DANGEROUS MOST DANGEROUS.gif (320x240, 827K)

Is the new EDF any good. Haven't played since Insect Armageddon and I want a new EDF to play.

I love everything about the grenades. The unbelievably long reload time, the gigantic damage, the idiotic yelling that the ranger does when you use it, and of course the inevitable death from a random spider chunk flying across your face at the last second. But the best part of all is how it just spawns a gigantic non-rotating model directly in front of you like a CS 1.6 grenade. It's just so stupid and videogamey,I love it.

Attached: 20190716171030_1.jpg (1920x1080, 417K)

veedf is back up
rage
m47hard

Servers seem back up set up a lobby for HARD mode room, mission 72.
name: Yea Forums

i wasn't being sensitive to you, dummy. nothing there lashed out at you.
i used what you said to talk about the similar aspect of online stuff that seemed relevant.
you talked about people not trying to win, that made me think of the autists who flip their shit when someone isn't doing something perfectly and acting like that means they're just there to troll and bring the team down on purpose.
sorry if "who plays trying to lose" offended you somehow.
queer.
alright, thanks for the distinction.

>Spritefall and lasers ignore anything overhead
But sometimes Spritefall hits things it can't pass through
It doesn't like the mobile base for one, I tried to Spritefall the drones as they spawned and it all hit the top and stopped
I remember using the Lapis? to take out the bottom turrets on the mobile base on PS4, but IIRC they wouldn't penetrate further than that to hit things directly under it
Might just be bad memory, I have bad experiences with that mission as air raider

not the host
gonna take a break

Room returned;
72. Light Defences BALLS
buyfags

Attached: eidf.jpg (951x174, 35K)

That'd be it hitting the mobile base's three million turrets.

So why is everyone surprised by type Beta monster in mission 42? Is this from the Europe point of view?

The descriptions for them are great too
Props to the one that basically just says 'we found this in a box marked 'DANGER' and we don't know what it is or where it came from'

>haven't played since the worst EDF excepting possibly Iron Rain
All that aside, yes, it's extremely good

Oh yeah this meme grenade.

>big explosion and high damage
>can't throw it far because it's so heavy

>implying i farmed anything
its pure offline and some fuckery with friends on hard

Can't find it, you guys full?

If I make level 39 hard will anybody join

>fencer gets to be a gundam
>wing diver gets top of the line laser weapons
>air raider rains down death from the sky
>ranger gets to carry around defective explosives

I just mostly fuck around with level 80 weapons on hard.

It's midnight and I just got my €30 refund from Steam so I bought this. I smell 6 am ruined sleep schedule and a bunch of dead bugs.

Now I just need to flip a coin between wing diver and fencer. Heard fencer is still a pain in the ass to solo grind with, any truth to that?

The timeline is all over the place, its not entirely linear.

you get some armor and weapon for all classes now

Fencer is just a pain the ass before you unlock the things that let you go fast

It's not a ''defect'' when the ''defect'' is that it's a bit too good at it's job
People always ignore the really fast reloading rawket lawnchairs rangers get too, they are really useful

>accidentally sing on single player since I touched the middle touch pad on ps4 controller and went to it on the wheel
>the fucking AI units all join in
Holy shit I love this so much.

I'd personally pick Wind Diver. Fencer is rad but that new air eveade for WD's just, perfection.

Attached: 1553629324249.gif (500x281, 207K)

Everyone in the EDF other than 5 people excluding the players dies after 2 missions

I think the timely adds up. They talk about Bejing.

hes slow starting out
dash then jump
hope you get some jump upgrades quickly

fencer needs gear to be fun, wing diver doesnt. you can switch between them freely though, you'll get drops for everyone

>Throw it at a group of frogs
>Huge windup running throw
>Lands in the middle of them and blows all their limbs off
>Double tap them with a shotty and move out
This grenade fucks.

Pic related: when you and a ranger bro bring napalm and stunlock everything before it can even get near you.

Attached: DFUDHcxUIAEBowG.jpg large.jpg (500x382, 31K)

this on PC?
I can't get EDF to recognize my PS4 controller as a PS4 controller

Oh, its an odd mission to have so late then, and you are only in europe like 5 times before that out of some 40~ missions.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY
how close can fencer come to this on inferno

I think its because they weren't seen in Europe until that point. It had only been ants and aliens until then.

>mission 100
>Oh yeah, it's time
>my time to shine
>it's over by the time I slowly walk over
Anyone know this time?

I'd only ever be frustrated with you if you brought a completely useless weapon to a stage, or brought a heavy hitting weapon but kept accidentally shooting your teammates. I've had people get pissed off at me once or twice for slightly overzealous use of a plasma cannon. Just don't join games way above your weapon level and armor grade, hard isn't actually super hard, you just only get half your drops if you lose the match.

That's basically a 1-1 recreation of max level fencers

why would you play with controller?

>some retard aggros all of them at the same time

Attached: I want to die.jpg (840x479, 181K)

I think I yeeted someone by accident but everything worked out in the end

because I have the game on PS4?
I guess I could learn kb+m again
Question still stands though, holding the share button to access the chat wheel is dicks

>Bring fastest seeking missile I have
>A+ homing
>lock onto a red drone near the edge of the map away from everything else
>It flies at super sonic speed as close as possible to every other red drone and waits to get hit

Attached: 1505469943955.gif (400x400, 557K)

>Stand still with rapier and watch them walk into the meat grinder
Easy shit.

Pirate lobby: morelikewangdivers, mission 22 hard

Controller is much more comfortable?

I have been carrying suckers as WD since forever. Granted you can't compete with a skilled fencer.

>brought a completely useless weapon to a stage
that's why air raider worries me and also my inability to set up a fencer in a way that feels effective. i also got that "monster" long range weapon for diver in solo and tried it out and immediately retreated to replace it. if i brought that in multiplayer i feel like i'd upset people, which is part of the concern.

So I know Fencer is supposed to be the best class but I just don't enjoy it at all. It's all so sluggish and I dislike pretty much all of his weapons. Will I just never enjoy this class?

tip for air raider
bring a bunch of auto cannons and such

You get more mobility options, but the turn speed fuckery never gets fixed

Inferno Fencer is literally retarded
He can straight up just fly, ignores 99% of all damage and does positively absurd amounts of damage
Fencer's probably the most gear-dependent class in this one but once you have that gear he's just ridiculous

picture related

Not every class's playstyle appeals to everybody, user
I don't really like Wing Diver, it doesn't stop Wing Diver from being good

Attached: power-of-stardust.jpg (1000x724, 169K)

Every class (except the whore) is best class it all depends on (you)

Well if you think it's sluggish you're doing it wrong, or haven't unlocked some stuff. but if you dislike the weapons go for a different class.
No need to be the best, just have fun.

Monster's the laser sniper shotgun thing right? Yeah it sucked, honestly lance+plasma is perfectly fine in most situations, the seeking weapons might have some use for drones but I've only ever had mixed results. Just finished up running with someone else to the end and I'm still using em, dragoon+plasma repeater.

>best
user, you play what you like the feel of, "best" comes down to whatever any one person happens to enjoy. If you dont like them play another class, there isnt some MLG min max shit, just fuck around.

>Fencer
Get a mobility set and learn how to be good with it
Anything else you bring after that is bonus
>Wing Diver
Always bring a lance or rapier variant, they'll be useful for almost everything unless its super far away or super high
>Air Raider
Most of his stuff is good unless STAGE dictates otherwise, which is why he's a good 2nd playthrough character when you know what's coming up
>Ranger
SHOTGUN
ROCKET
FUCK EVERYTHING

If you want a hard hitting sniper try Raijin
You have to recharge your energy 2 times just to fire it once but it 1 shots anything (unless you're 3 or more in the lobby)

>he doesn't know about THAT mission
Also is ranger the highest DPS? I see so many people complain/struggle with stuff I never had problems with and I beat 4.1 on inferno. To me jumping spiders and flying types swarming you is the only way to get a game over.

The electric bow and crossbow are hella good.

I wouldn't want to play with you just because you sound like an absolute autist who gets offended easily and would probably flip your shit when you didn't get revived in 10 seconds

Monster in 4.1 was a high powered sniper rifle that would drain your power for 1 and a half bars
Shit was amazing
In 5 it just seems to be shit, a joke to fuck with people that played 4.1

>REVIEWER SAID THE GAME IS SHIT, HE WANTS TO BE A LASS
who?

>when the whoever he is in 5(previous commander in 4.1)'s voice actor legitimately screams in the last mission
That shit was kino

He's just the most generally useful
Every other class is more specialized so they're obviously going to run into difficulty with certain things, but for the most part Ranger just has to switch his guns out and he's fine

He gets super into it, yeah, it rules
It's not the same voice actor from 4.1's HQ though, that was Richard Epcar
5 is a new localization studio based in Yorkshire (I think) which is why all the soldiers have English accents/bad American accents, like the scottish Fencer/that one guy in the red drones introduction mission who's trying to do a Texan accent and failing horribly

>weapon level cap includes the Fencer equips that let him dash and jump multiple times
This is a really shitty oversight.

Anyone thinks that the bulge laser is pretty awkward to use? It does have good concentrated damage, but having to control the laser prevents you from spamming more air attacks and leaves you vulnerable to damage.

The scaling online is always as if there are 4 people in the lobby even by yourself.
Its ~2.6x health and damage for all enemies.

Usually it's a Set it and forget it weapon. You place it on a Tower and start blowing up other shit while it's working.

Yea ForumsDF
Starting on mission 30.

If I'm using it, I'm normally using it on an Anchor
Its just not as good as Spritefall so why bother?

i mean i'm not offended, just wondering if it's a playerbase where you get long diatribes about not following a weapon or gameplay meta.
i'm fine with waiting because i don't want people rushing over to revive me if it means they risk dying or ditching teammates, but okay master profiler.

If you want to feel like a slow and clunky mini-mecha that takes a lot of microing to move fast, fencer
If you want to move fast and fly without any sort of micro or skill requirement, air raider
If you literally just want to blow as much shit up as possible, Air Raider
If you want to RP as an EDF footsoldier, Ranger
It's basically just want you want to identify as Air Raider for example would have a very tough time soloing certain missions, or Ranger takes a long time to loot. But if you enjoy their gameplay/immersion you just stick with it.

It's 2.4x health and damage for one and four players, 2.0x for two and three players

>which is why all the soldiers have English accents
I thought that was intentional, honestly. It's the EARTH defense force, not the American defense force. I actually thought it was a nice touch that the leader of the rangers sounds american, the fencers sound english, and so on to show the multicultural-ness.

And I thought the horrible voice acting/accents was intentional camp. You learn something new every day.

you get an item that does fix the turn rate though

Nobody has time to write out a long autistic rant in EDF, they're too busy trying to keep their face from being melted off
Also, even if they did, just leave
There's like a billion lobbies, most of them where nobody ever says a word and communicates solely through singing, screaming and chanting EDF, in that order

I feel bad when I see obvious new players using Fencer without having a mobility set
but I never tell them not to take it

I've beat the game several times on PS4 so I generally know what's coming up in a mission and use the in game suggestions
>We need anti-air
>We need close range weapons
I tried to get an air raider to not bring points cost weapons to an Erginus level but he did anyway

case by case basis, just like there's lobbies where people will talk and shout edf and dead silent ones

I've played through over 60 missions on hard so far as a fencer with a few different levels boost upgrades. I was playing the first missions on normal with a friend who just got the game, and I was able to use the lower level boosts though I couldn't really go sanic with my better upgrades. It was all so easy that it wasn't really an issue.

>a playerbase where you get long diatribes
Considering those previously quoted replies were long diatribes and you are apart of the playerbase, then yes we got those autists

The dead silent ones drive me nuts. Where here to save the earth you fucks not be edgy and brood in a corner!

>be a ranger
>see frognigger
>remove all the limbs with my sniper rifle
>fucker is staring at my eyes
>air-rider bro marks him
>ge cant run anymore
>frog removed
God i love this game.

Attached: 1558843345669.gif (250x250, 1.82M)

so what's the best way to kill the not-godzillas without the bop 'em sock 'em robots? I've been pelting one with continuous 1000 damage missiles for about a year

Room: Yea Forums
Pass: vidya
Hard mission 18
buyfag

Yeah, it's weird because 5 actually explicitly takes place in Japan (except for the Europe missions)
They were always pretty obviously set there but 5 just straight up says it, Base 228 is near Kyoto I think? I forget
I'm pretty sure that's the case anyway, I think they listed the location on the website

They picked them because they're cheaper than the guys they used for 4, same reason FFXIV changed to a Yorkshire-based localization studio afaik

Lobby up
Starting from 58 - Hard
Join

Attached: edf5l1.png (874x59, 32K)

Ranger but Shotgun and Granade Launcher.

If it's the mission where he starts out sleeping then that's one a timer plus damage done. That will take 15ish minutes.

Other than that I try to go for a good RoF/Damage ratio.

>all of these fencers online that read "IT'S DA BES" going slow and dying everywhere
kek, at least the gang of Air Raiders manage to be useful.

>If you want to move fast and fly without any sort of micro or skill requirement, air raider
I'm assuming you meant Wing Diver here
Air Raider's pretty shit at moving fast, even his helicopters take about a full minute to get off the ground from callin to liftoff

>Inferno Fencer is literally retarded
He can straight up just fly, ignores 99% of all damage and does positively absurd amounts of damage
Fencer's probably the most gear-dependent class in this one but once you have that gear he's just ridiculous
that's only dlc geared fencer though right?

>timer
of course. everyone enjoys half an hour of work for two whole boxes

5.1's last missions that expand on that ending will be a suicide revenge campaign to their world

I prefer rockets for the infinite range

we got 2/4, join up

Meta exists but only on inferno, no one gives a shit about what you bring on hard

Literally my fantasy

Not sure, honestly I've only been watching videos from JP players because I don't want to hear UHHHH HEY GAMERS WHATS UP GAMEBRONIS *BURP* ITS YOUR BOY HERE WITH ANOTHER PHRESH GAMER BRUH MOMENTTTT HA HA
I'm sure you can still make him adequately retarded without DLC gear though

>have to beat every mission in the game at least 12 times for 100%
who thought that was a good idea?

Attached: 1563015895965.gif (318x400, 538K)

It used to be worse.

I had a dream last night in which i was a colonist frog surrounded by a group of Wind Divers and they were slowly cutting my limbs with laser chainsaws

i'm pretty sure those crazy ass stuff is only available with the DLC missions

Is there a cheat for auto completing levels? I refuse to play wing diver and ranger is too boring to play more than one mission in a row. I'm also fine with never getting above 40% anyway

>I refuse to play wing fiver
Why?

DLC 2 equipment its off the wall P2W stuff but nothing stops you from going full sonic with main campaigning items

1 spot open

Weapons from mission packs require you to play on inferno to get them to drop. It's not like they're unlocked simply by buying said missions.

Fencer looks cool as fuck, is very fast, has good shit and many explosions.
Air Raider gets big mechs, even more explosions and giant space lasers.

Ranger is a dude with normal stuff and comically sized grenades who can run.

Wing Diver is an ugoo whore that can't be assed to wear pants, is slower than fencer, has maybe one or two decent weapons but overall is very bland and has no benefit over any other class.

In short I like playing a cool robot that blows stuff up.

Can I join if I'm new, and prob be deadweight?

I thought the mission pack weapons started dropping on hard?

once you get to 70% completion you can remove level caps on a lobby iirc

>has no benefit over any other class
I can appreciate your want to play a cool robot that blows stuff up but I hope you didn't actually fall for this meme.

Room name: eedf
It's open
mission 12
difficulty: hard
buyfag
I'm shit at air raider but I'm going to try and improve anyway.

he is right tho
name ONE good wd weapon

Monster is actually one of the best weapons. It's more damage per energy efficient than the closed lasers and you can spam it almost non stop with the big core. The downside is that you can't fly but you turn into the best sniper in the game.

I have gsync monitor/graphic card and have been having shitty frame drops. Turned off vsync globally, and all is fine now. Just an fyi.

Monster zero is a joke because it has spread but normal monster is a proper sniper.

They're level 100+ weapons. The description was bullshit.

>mission 34 on hardest has golden mother monsters

Attached: 1536595880990.png (766x1000, 240K)

>Rapier
>Phalanx
>Dragoon Lance
>Stardust Cannon
>Plasma cannon
>Monster Zero Just kidding
There's also the Thunder Crossbow which people keep insisting is good but I don't see it.

Making a public pirate lobby on hard, around mission 60 I think. It'll be called Yea Forumsideogames or something.

Oh yeah, and the Grit Gun, though you don't actually get a good one for a long time.

Wing divers have a ton of good weapons it's just that they scale very hard with the number of stars. Almost every weapon is bad with low stars but they become much better once you rank them up. On maxed stars wing diver weapons just straight up outperform all the ranger weapons in every category.

I'm on mission 63 and I still haven't found a limpet sniper last level 12. God damn.