Best version of Mother 1?

Attached: ninten.jpg (1200x750, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B77hKKI4SbI
youtu.be/tVCn0vzZooQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mother 25th anniversary edition hack or translation patch'd

Attached: nutchter.png (160x150, 2K)

Well I was looking into it and there seemed to be some complaints about the gameplay being altered too much. I was thinking about RE:faithful instead. What do you think?

Attached: ninten2.png (1024x768, 239K)

probably the best choice if the gameplay changes irk you that much in the end

Mother 1+2 fan translation rom for gba

The original official translated version is fine. Don't play the GBA version, they fucked up the music REALLY bad.

My autism prevents me from playing through Mother 1
I've already played 2 and 3.

Well it seems the creator is claiming that there are some interesting enemies, interactions and mechanics that seem to be completely broken in the anniversary edition. Maybe it is the safest bet but I ended up patching a 25th anniversary rom anyways...

Also, thought my thread would have died. Fuck it gonna post some music and shit youtube.com/watch?v=B77hKKI4SbI

i know it will never happen but reading some of the details about this patch just further reiterates my unrealistic hope that mother got a links awakening style remake. at least i can hope for oracles i guess. how did earthbound beginnings even do on vc?

yeah i saw that
same i just played them but why wont you play 1?

Attached: ninten3.jpg (500x361, 92K)

>why wont you play 1?
To me, it seems like Mother 2 but really unpolished. I also dislike the random encounters.
I might get around to finishing it one day.

I played the mother 1+2 version on my phone initially basically blind to the game and was surprised by the encounter rate. anyways what do you all think about the different versions of earthbound?

Attached: m12_artbook_page1.jpg (689x430, 189K)

>GBA's sound chip
That's a yikes from me.

GBA version sucks, it butchered the music and text boxes, SNES original is the only good version.

I know user I'm playing it on a nes emulator as we speak.

Attached: m12_artbook_page5.jpg (346x430, 57K)

misread your post. i meant fan attempts at patching and what not, not official version differences/ports sorry

Attached: m12_artbook_page3.jpg (348x430, 71K)

play mother 1 on nes, but with the tomato translation and easy ring. currently playing through vanilla mother 1 without easy ring and you really waste a lot of time on fights that are way below your level.
25thAE has really ugly sprites imo
the original translation isnt as good as tomatos, but yeah the gba music is fucked

Attached: DL_0c27UQAE___E.png (1200x1110, 552K)

This is a nice coincidence since I was just thinking of playing it for myself. strangely I kinda like the orginal sprites more than the 25th anniversary for some reason. When I heard the sprites were remade I was really hoping for it to be more like earthbound or mother 3

The remake that's gonna be announced in the september direct.

This game would've been fine if it didn't step over the line with the sprites. It's about as far from authentic as you can get, avoid it at all costs.

I'd unironically welcome a Mother trilogy remake in the style of the Link's Awakening remake.

yeah im already noticing a significant difference with the sprites without explicitly going out of my way to look at both side by side even... but you can toggle specific patches so i may just do that with what i have now (refaithful 25thae)

Attached: m12_artbook_page4.jpg (342x430, 64K)

If anything my autism made me play through the entire series and I love it for that.
The first game has a surpringly gripping story for a NES game, albeit minimalistic. The music is great too. And how open and exploration based it is makes it fun in a different way than 2 and 3.
Don't let the random encounters turn you off from it, you can buy repels by the second town.

Ignoring the fights might leave you a little underleveled, though.

>Link's Awakening remake
>Not a full-on BotW open world Mother 1 remake

I'd want it to look a little less shit than that remake. maybe keep the clay doll aesthetic from the games manuals would be better

25th anniversary ruins the aesthetic of the original game with overly complicated overworld sprites where it simply wasn’t fuckin needed. other anons said this but i’ve thought this since it fucking came out.

Attached: monolithsoftebjpg.jpg (1115x627, 96K)

>30th anniversary Direct this month
>Ninten echo and Porky free DLC (not a part of fighters pass) announced
A man can dream

they don't care about mother user...
play it. ill probably end up making another thread since im playing it as we speak and just got finished with eb and mother3. also agree with you about the sprites

Attached: ab_brickroad.jpg (425x304, 64K)

I've been waiting for him since Smash 4 but instead I got fucking Lucas as dlc even thou he was free in Brawl

Attached: earthbound-guide-03.png (649x837, 806K)

>ywn become a living dungeon

Earthbound Zero is a much cooler name than Earthbound Beginnings. I know they'd never use the fan term but I miss calling it 'Zero.'

our stomachs are basically animal graveyards

They should just remake it and sell it for $30 or something but they'll never fucking do that.

Attached: 1405470398631.png (813x792, 478K)

It's been a long year.

Attached: 1562844506439.jpg (1330x800, 347K)

anniversary edition is soulless as fuck

youtu.be/tVCn0vzZooQ
The most soulful moment in any game

>DCMC didn't end with playing this
Itoi really dropped the ball on that one