WoW Classic population

Now that the beta has ended, why was it such a ghost town?

First things fist, I don't know how much layering is effecting all this but here's what I was able to gather for population with visual confirmation and /who. Done on the final day few hours b4 the boss events.

Stormwind: 13
Westfall:3
Redridge Mountains: 0
Wetlands: 5

Orgrimmar: 42
Barrens:17
Thousand needles: 2
Dustwallow Marsh: 7
Hillsbrad Foothills: 4

Were everyone kept in their own layers or was there not enough interest left?

Attached: download.jpg (318x159, 12K)

You thought you did, but you didn't.

it's a tapped market because of private servers

Because they only let in streamers, who quickly ran out of content because all they do all day is play games. The only people left playing were people actually trying to test stuff and work out leveling methods.

>work out leveling methods
That shit was locked in stone years ago.

really sounds like layers fucking with things.

Uh, its classic wow. In classic wow, you don't stand around in town all day waiting on queues. You are out in the world PLAYING. THE. GAME. That's something you retail cucks won't know much about.

>Westfall
>Redridge Mountains
>Wetlands
>Barrens
>Thousand needles
>Dustwallow Marsh
>Hillsbrad Foothills
>standing around in town

Not him but I could smell the sarcasm from his post through my screen.

They took my home and burned it!

BECAUSE
IT
WAS
A
BETA

Holy fuck none of your baits are even worth replying to. Absolutely fucking no one wanted to play test, they just want the full fucking game already. Modern WoW is dead, Classic is going to be a huge hit. Get the fuck over it.

/thread

They're both dead, dude.

beta didn't have many people because blizzard didn't invite many people, you absolute fucking retard.

now that's out of the way, WHY would anyone roll a druid when they don't have a normal resurrect? it's literally the only thing stopping me, i'd love to go druid but i just know that in 5-mans i'm gonna be disliked because when someone dies they have to run back instead of just quickly rezzing, it's gonna waste so much time and i'll end up being turned down for runs because of it :(

Not really. Players were inexperienced during retail while there are categories of issues private servers tend to have that affect what routes you take and which quest you might want to do. For example, Cracked Silithid Carapace tends to have a pathetic drop rate on private servers (a common category of problems: it should have 100% drop rate if you don't have the quest, but private server drop rates are datamined and the mobs have been killed a lot of times more than once) so you can't count on being able to do Parts of the Swarm, and for this reason you might also want to skip The Swarm Grows. Conversely, a friend of mine was watching Joana's stream (I don't watch influencers) and told me about this: Joana's private server optimized route counted on taming a new pet at some location. The thing is, particularly on vanilla private servers (Wrath tends to be slightly better) mobs don't patrol and this mob is supposed to. Consequently, you can't count on finding it quickly. And then there are things like mobs not using their abilities or having bullshit damage values: some mobs might be too troublesome to handle efficiently at certain level, or alternatively, the private server version is positively bugged (using backstab from the front without cooldown with too high damage) and modern routes needleslly delay doing quests involving these mobs.

Now, the broad strokes aren't going to change: WPL cauldron quests are definitely efficient while going out of your way to do Aquatic Form quests is a Bad Idea. But there are folks that are trying to map out the exact quest order they intend to go for, how much experience you need to grind at any given level, that sort of thing, and neither retail vanilla routes nor ones used on private servers are going to be optimal.

>now that's out of the way, WHY would anyone roll a druid when they don't have a normal resurrect? it's literally the only thing stopping me, i'd love to go druid but i just know that in 5-mans i'm gonna be disliked because when someone dies they have to run back instead of just quickly rezzing, it's gonna waste so much time and i'll end up being turned down for runs because of it :(
Because druid was, is, and always will be the class of the boomer that only has time for one character. You can do anything on a druid, and that's why you're shitty at all of them. You can be a shitty mage, shitty priest, shitty warrior, and shitty rogue. It's the price you pay for genius.

Because being stuck at level 40 restricts you from 90% of the content?

You retards thought that you wanted classic, but classic doesn't live up to today's standards, you can just play another game for 15 minutes and have more than fun that you'll have in 2 hours in classic. Grinding and farming are outdated gameplays. RPGS ARE DYING, MMOS ARE DYING, THERE'S NO GOING BACK! YOU CAN'T REPLICATE WHAT WAS GREAT BEFORE BECAUSE THE INDUSTRY AND GAMES CHANGED! YOU CHANGED, YOU'RE NOT 12 ANYMORE, RETARD! WAKE UP!!!

Why do people larp as a defender or a crazy person for this game? To get lurkers upset who could "relate"?

Nah. Sorry it's going to have more subs than xiv.

>Nah. Sorry it's going to have more subs than xiv.

Attached: 1538860195834.jpg (785x731, 112K)

There is no point in playing an MMO where your progress gets wiped in a month so people quit after hitting 40 or dropped it with a week to go. The beta was mainly an advertisement and getting 100k people watching a deadmines run showed its success. The beta reconfirmed everyones opinions about avoiding streamer servers, class balance and how the servers can handle PvP so i'd say it was a pretty good beta.

Because only around 1000 people were invited and then layering on top of it.

Blizzard barely invited anyone who wasn't a streamer and even at its peak the beta only had about 300-400 players online on each faction. It was also capped at level 40 so most people ran out of things to do weeks ago and simply stopped playing it.

Some reasons to roll a druid
>Second fastest levelers in the game. Hardly any downtime once you get cat form.
>Won't be popular, guilds will want druids in their roster even if the "optimal" amount in a 40man raid is 1 to 2. Even then most guilds will have problems getting 40 men online every raid day so except to see more than 2 druids in a raid.
>Great tanks at the beginning. Will be tanking level 60 dungeons while warriors are stuck at level 50.
>Cats are decent dps at the beginning. The reasons why they're worse than rogues is because they don't get great gear from raids.
>Best flag carrier in pvp
>Hardest class to kill in world pvp
>Boomkin/deep balance is hella fun once you get some gear, kinda like elemental shaman. Getting gear will take forever though because most of it is mage and warlock stuff. Maybe more realistic when ZG is out.

Attached: 1560845717441.jpg (900x1600, 128K)

Even stuff as simple as “oh, elite Mobs in instances give 2.5 time experience instead of 2, and they are much easier to kill than on private servers” makes a significant difference.

Then there’s stuff like the chest in tyragarde keep taking a minute to respawn on private servers and being immediate in live.

The methodology has been around for figuring out what’s efficient for years now, ever since pirate servers became big. Applying it to actual live numbers is something we haven’t had a chance to really do.

Attached: 1563213121000.jpg (670x680, 303K)

Oh, I know why!

Attached: 1563097617447.png (260x58, 29K)

it was a ghost town because there's only so much you can do at level 40, and there weren't that many people invited in the first place.

dialate

Attached: 1555207555442.jpg (960x599, 94K)

Attached: 1562805555723.jpg (1024x576, 160K)

How about you post some actually gameplay from your tranny game to show us instead of just cutscene screenshots?

Attached: 1562616912437.png (798x920, 498K)

hmmm... If I'm reading this right my reply should be Yikes

Attached: 1560515953155.png (824x624, 29K)

its funny cause I haven't seen wow gameplay posted on Yea Forums in literal years

Oh wait no, it should be "Yikes, have sex", yes?
That should cover it, or would one be better off with "have sex, dilate and yikes"?

This
Once more, Blizz answers the call too little and too late. Still, they'll probably swipe a decently loyal population.

viral marketing is against the rules
So yeah, no vidya for Yea Forums

>Immediately changes the subject so he doesn't have to show everyone the game he has been shilling actually plays like shit

I don't care if you play that garbage but don't strut around like that shit is any good

Attached: 1445657577321.jpg (554x720, 34K)

You didn't get invited to beta unless you were a streamer, a friend of a streamer, or had an account since 2004/2005 and got lucky enough

>24/7 bait threads and false flags against Classic

This is how you know it will succeed.

Attached: 1465103862797.jpg (812x806, 477K)

everyone was hanging out in the Asmon-layer

Attached: classic wow asmon layer.webm (429x155, 2.72M)

you better figure this shit out before the raid resets on tuesday tom

I want classic because I’ve tried private servers. Server stability, population, working scripts and no corrupt admins is reason enough to want it.

And yeah, I had beta. Enjoyed it a lot, but didn’t play much since there weren’t enough people invited to the tests. Like all MMOs it’s important to have people around. I got as far as doing a Deadmines run and figured I saw enough since it was all going to be reset shortly after. It seemed to work so I was satisfied.

k here you go bro

Attached: 1563047041680.webm (1280x720, 2.5M)